Total votes: 16

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: 2020 Rd 3 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by zim »

Bay53 wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:12 pm
zim wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:10 pm Harry Rushton hasn't been named for the last 2 weeks in cup either. Must be carrying an injury of some sort?
Sorry he might be the other in the top 30 injured. But again no chance for the top 17.
Agree he's no chance for the 17. I think the only way he makes an appearance in first grade this year is if we have one of those "rest" rounds like we did against cronulla last year.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

Rickmando wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:20 pm
tommyhud9 wrote: March 23, 2021, 3:53 pm
Rickmando wrote: March 23, 2021, 3:15 pm Hate it.

But completely expected.

Rick you arrogant stubborn bell end - Kris has been near our best player the first 2 rounds. Stuff you and your veteran deference....
Where did you want Kris?

I would have taken him on the wing over Simonsson.
Exactly that mate, agreed. I think that’s the backline that gives us the best chance of winning footy games at the moment, don’t you?
Depends if Kris is capable of playing wing I guess. He was never getting a start in the centres once Croker returned.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Hope Raiders lose!!Kris doesn’t deserve to be left out!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The whole Croker thing is overblown if you ask me...
We were never going to keep the Captain out of the team once he returned from injury...
I just wish we kept Kris in the side ....even on the wing. I think the kid has done really well.
The bench is the mind boggler for me...I mean I get that you don't fiddle with a winning side, but that game against the Sharks felt like a loss...
We really could of used Starling in those conditions to try and break the game open and spell Hodgo when its clear his extended hold on the ball around the ruck is taking time away from the halves...
Anyway...I'm sure well get a chance later in the season to debate this point...
I have no issue with the forwards being rotated at the moment or the minutes they are getting. It's clear Ricky is taking preserving Paps and Taps by lowering their minutes early in the season...he might be doing the same with Lui, given how high Ricky seems to rate him.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

tommyhud9 wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:25 pm
Rickmando wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:20 pm
tommyhud9 wrote: March 23, 2021, 3:53 pm
Rickmando wrote: March 23, 2021, 3:15 pm Hate it.

But completely expected.

Rick you arrogant stubborn bell end - Kris has been near our best player the first 2 rounds. Stuff you and your veteran deference....
Where did you want Kris?

I would have taken him on the wing over Simonsson.
Exactly that mate, agreed. I think that’s the backline that gives us the best chance of winning footy games at the moment, don’t you?
Depends if Kris is capable of playing wing I guess. He was never getting a start in the centres once Croker returned.
Yes I’m not disagreeing with Croker back in per se, more the loyalty to “the 17 that got us there last year” etc attitude that you just know an old school coach like Rick has - reputations over form.

I don’t think Kris’s current form can be denied however - he looks unplayable at times out there. Can you imagine the knights leaving out Bradman Best just to stay loyal to an older player? Because he’s the only centre who has looked better than Kris so far this season
Last edited by Rickmando on March 23, 2021, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ilanraiders wrote:Hope Raiders lose!!Kris doesn’t deserve to be left out!!!
Get in the bin.. hoping "your" team loses is treason

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

-TW- wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:42 pm

Agree with this. Off! Off! Off! Off!
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Bay53 wrote: March 23, 2021, 4:11 pm
Raiders666 wrote: March 23, 2021, 3:54 pm How long until the other clubs come knocking for both the Corys and Guler....Also our young backs.
I know they are under contract but that doesn't mean anything
What's the alternative - we play 23 players???

Horsburgh and CHN were suspended for Round 1, Horsburgh is a bit unlucky in that he didn't get his chance last week to impress. Clearly the club is trying to lay down the law with CHN and I think that is fair enough given his history.

There is no way Papalii, Lui, Tapine, James, Soliola or Sutton deserve to miss out given their recent form.

I think Kris, Guler, Starling, Timoko, Smith-Shields and especially Velemei (who doesn't seem to be part of the conversation on here at all) can consider themselves unlucky given their previous form, but that is what depth is about. I think Adam Cook is probably our only injury in our top 30 at the moment (unless someone pulls out) and he wouldn't be in the side. It won't be like that all season. Those guys will get their chance, but in the meantime, if they are made to work for it, I don't think that is a bad thing.
I just think Horse and Guler are better players than Lui and Soliola and have a much higher ceiling.. I'd just hate for a player to leave because a player close to retirement is keeping them out of the team
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

They won't leave. They'll step into those spots either during the year with form or rotations, or next year.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Guler just extended, he'll step up sometime this year it's a long season.

Seb Kris is a rookie, a 6 game rookie. Jarrod Croker is the captain and 250+ game legend of the club.

Stop looking for the next big thing, we've got a premiership window wide open and an experienced, depth laden roster.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

According to pre season reports, Kris was the fittest and fastest at the club... doesn’t deserve to be dropped out of the 17... Tough call but what do you think it will do to his confidence...
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

No room for Kris even on the bench, Stick? Really? We've got four **** middles on the bench. It's overkill.

Looking forward to 20 nondescript minutes from Lui and being nervous at the prospect of anyone of our backs going down with zero cover again.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Ilanraiders wrote: March 23, 2021, 5:19 pm

According to pre season reports, Kris was the fittest and fastest at the club... doesn’t deserve to be dropped out of the 17... Tough call but what do you think it will do to his confidence...
He had a good off-season and opening rounds but he would have known coming into the season that he was holding Croker's spot until he was fit. His good form likely secures him as first reserve for the backline should injury come, with pressure also being put on the backline to perform.

I can't see it having a huge impact on his confidence it's not like he is being dropped because he couldn't cut it.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Its very early in the season and no time to panic.

But i will say this. Regardless of contractual situations, if players dont feel like they have a future here, they're going to force their way out. Nothing to worry about now because it's all made sense so far. But lets see where we are in week 10 with the top 17.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

As long as we don't lose Horse and Guler , ill be ok
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I doubt we'll lose anyone, unless someone throws massive coin at someone

Think Shannon Boyd.

Think Leilua.

Think, Nick Cotric.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I think there’ll be teams after Starling sooner rather than later tbh.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

julian87 wrote: March 23, 2021, 6:41 pm I think there’ll be teams after Starling sooner rather than later tbh.
Call me crazy but I'd rather Let Havili go before Starling
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I’m not talking about letting either of them go at all. But I think there’s a fair chance a rival club might be giving his manager a ring at some point.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

There's no need to make a great deal of change to the team right now after a 2-0 start. Everyone, Seb Kris included, knew that Croker was coming back into the team once he was fit so that's no surprise.

At some point this season, we will have a number of players out injured/suspended/rested. We will also go through periods where we likely lose a couple games in a down on form period. These are the times when all these other players will get their opportunities and if they take it with both hands there's every chance they stay there. Come the end of the year Id say our 17 will have a bit of a different regular look to it, for better or worse.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

My god you’d think Kris had played two starting, winning roles in the last two game he’s played.

He’s a 6 game rookie, get a grip guys. He’s not replacing our captain and 250+ gamer on couple of solid performances.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

agree with all those saying our captain should be marched naked through canberra and spat on by the public for taking seb kris' spot. very unprofessional. disappointing that rick would stunt kris' growth by bringing him back on a train and trial before elevating him to the top 30, playing him in the opening 2 games of the season then dropping him for a guy with a touch more experience.
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2020 Rd 3 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote:agree with all those saying our captain should be marched naked through canberra and spat on by the public for taking seb kris' spot. very unprofessional. disappointing that rick would stunt kris' growth by bringing him back on a train and trial before elevating him to the top 30, playing him in the opening 2 games of the season then dropping him for a guy with a touch more experience.
Doubtful we’ll win another game with such ridiculous roster management.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

I don’t believe anyone in this thread has said outright Croker shouldn’t be there...

To not have a spot for Kris in the 17 is what myself and others have raised an issue with.

Hobbsy made a good point above that Kris will likely have had his expectations managed - but even with knowing that, he comes out and dominates and takes his opportunity. The coach shouldn’t be so rigid as not to assess this new information and make an adjustment to what will have been his pre-ordained plan.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Warriors are much stronger through the middle this year compared to previous years, I reckon the place to get them is the match up in the halves/edges
Wighton should absolutely terrorise a poor defenders like Nikorima and Hiku and George Williams speed should create massive issues for Sean O'sullivan due to his lack of pace.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

we should absolutely be camping on the non tohu harris edge.
Dont delete this GE
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Raiders666 wrote:
julian87 wrote: March 23, 2021, 6:41 pm I think there’ll be teams after Starling sooner rather than later tbh.
Call me crazy but I'd rather Let Havili go before Starling
Havili is off contract this year I think

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

simo wrote: March 24, 2021, 7:51 am we should absolutely be camping on the non tohu harris edge.
Hes in the middle this year so both edges should be a target, the likes of Nikorima, O'sullivan, Hiku, Murdoch masilia all struggle defensively at times.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Is O'Sullivan on the left or the right?
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

zim wrote: March 24, 2021, 8:37 am Is O'Sullivan on the left or the right?
he's replacing Harris-Tavita so should be on the left meaning he'll be up against G willy, Young, Scott
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I'm Bate Man wrote: March 24, 2021, 12:03 am My god you’d think Kris had played two starting, winning roles in the last two game he’s played.

He’s a 6 game rookie, get a grip guys. He’s not replacing our captain and 250+ gamer on couple of solid performances.
Seriously. Croker has had 100s of games on par or better than the 2 games Kris had.

It is insane that people are acting this way about our captain.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I'm expecting Hiku and RTS to carve us up as usual. Not that we'll necessarily lose, but Hiku seems to love scoring against us. He's scored us against us in every game he's played dating back to 2016, bar one.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

kiwi raider wrote: March 24, 2021, 8:47 am
zim wrote: March 24, 2021, 8:37 am Is O'Sullivan on the left or the right?
he's replacing Harris-Tavita so should be on the left meaning he'll be up against G willy, Young, Scott
Thanks. Young on 1 side and Wighton on the other should be giving their halves plenty of trouble. Harris-Tavita is quite a good defender so even without the attack that's a big out.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

bonehead wrote: March 23, 2021, 5:10 pm Guler just extended, he'll step up sometime this year it's a long season.

Seb Kris is a rookie, a 6 game rookie. Jarrod Croker is the captain and 250+ game legend of the club.

Stop looking for the next big thing, we've got a premiership window wide open and an experienced, depth laden roster.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
IMO the problem isnt croker getting picked over kris.

The problem is:-
- Rapana
- Scott
- Simmonsson

Getting picked before Kris.

Kris has looked like our only back worrying opposing teams this year, whilst we look anemic in attack it doesnt help to take our best back out.