Canberra Raiders fans unite in Melbourne - Watch games at The Great Northern

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

brian_muz
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Canberra Raiders fans unite in Melbourne - Watch games at The Great Northern

Post by brian_muz »

I posted at the end of last year that I'm keen to see if there is interest in a VIC/Melbourne based group to get together and watch Raiders games: https://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p1765256. Well, the first game is a week from tomorrow so I thought I'd see who is interested.

I'm proposing we meet at The Great Northern in Carlton North to watch the game: https://www.gnh.net.au/. They're a great reasonably central pub and they've been really good in the post with booking an area and confirming in advance that they're showing the game with the sound up. I'll book a table/s on Tuesday based on how many people are interested. The AFL doesn't kick off until the following Thursday so they're shouldn't be any clashes.

So, if you're keen, either post below or PM me.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Melbourne fan meet-up for Round 1

Post by greeneyed »

Give it a go in our Facebook group too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987987504759505

Make sure you post a pic or two of the venue with your post as well as the time, place etc.
brian_muz
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by brian_muz »

Thanks @greeneyed will post there a little later tonight.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

We are getting behind this one! So if you're in Melbourne, join in!
The Greenhouse score update service
brian_muz
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by brian_muz »

OK, we're go for tomorrow! The GN have confirmed our booking and that they'll be showing the game in our room with the sound up. All we have to do is rock up in our finest green, order a beer, do the viking clap and cheer on the boys. It's not too late to get on board. Please let me know you're coming though so I can increase the headcount for our booking.
brian_muz
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by brian_muz »

So the meet up went ahead at The Great Northern today and we had 13 die hard Raiders fans rock up. A lot more than I expected when I posted a week ago. A bunch of people already knew each other but some of us met for the first time. I was a really cool afternoon (capped of by the win!) and people seem keen to do it again next week. Thanks to thegh.com.au for your support and bring on round 2!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Great to hear, and if you want similar support for future events so as to keep building... please let us know. More than happy to help!
Mr. Snrub
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Post by Mr. Snrub »

I'd definitely be keen to get involved. Great Northern is an awesome venue as well.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Melbourne fan meet-up for Round 2 clash with the Sharks

Post by greeneyed »

Make sure you RSVP to the Facebook event if you're planning to go, as tables must be booked.