Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: Off topic

Post by bonehead »

Sore tired legs and back today, a great win at cricket Saturday means our club goes 1-2 in our grade and with heavy rain forecast all week a GF between our sides looks likely which I haven't played in a gf since I was 10. Made 30 runs and found some form was nice.
Sanded and re-stained the deck as well so certainly feeling as old and unfit as I am.

18yr anniversary today, Mrs Bone certainly lucky.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Meghan and Harry interview looked exciting. Allegations of racist comments from a member of the royal family. I wonder who that could be?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Bonehead..

18yr..well done boney.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gergreg wrote:Meghan and Harry interview looked exciting. Allegations of racist comments from a member of the royal family. I wonder who that could be?

I’m ruling out Phillip. He’s been making racist comments since Moses played Fullback for Jerusalem.

Wouldn’t be such a surprise, so they wouldn’t keep it to protect him
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on March 8, 2021, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Horsehead I reckon..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Got the car serviced today. As I was getting off the train en route to picking the car up, this old mate approached me and asked me what day it was. When I told him it was Friday, he didn’t believe me. Started arguing it’s Sunday. Reassured the guy it’s Friday, and he asked me “Why?” I had no response, apart from shrugging my shoulder and saying “That’s how the days work I guess.” Before bidding him farewell.

The people you come across in Penrith... to be fair, this was Kingswood so not quite the same. I told this story to Mrs Fui, and she just asked me why this stuff always happen to me
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

He's got a point

Why is it friday? Has anyone verified this? Has this been properly tracked since the 7 day week was invented? Why did you give me a few bucks for my trouble?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Sounds to me like typical Fui being an absolute jerk to everyone he meets.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Nickman wrote:Sounds to me like typical Fui being an absolute jerk to everyone he meets.
Turned a new leaf. Jerk Fui would have just stared him down, agree it was Sunday, had a go at him for not being at church and zoomed off.

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sounds like you could have had a fantastic session exchanging ideas with your mate Fui. You missed a real opportunity here.

I had a random one this week. I went for a run after work and about 1km up the trail was a bloke hunched over on his hands, elbows and knees. My eyes aren't the greatest at dusk so wasn't sure what was going on. I quickly run up to him asking if he's OK. Lost a contact lens while jogging, slightly older bloke. Managed to help him find it which was cool.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Cricket semi today, hoping for a washout which would guarantee a GF spot, we copped that storm you saw in the knights game and the pitch was really wet an hour ago but no news yet

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Good luck boney.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

through to the gf

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

How are we all ?

I hope you’re feeling ok today..

I’m a little tired, I’m back on a 12hr/7day roster. It blows.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:How are we all ?

I hope you’re feeling ok today..

I’m a little tired, I’m back on a 12hr/7day roster. It blows.
had an interview today, same place different role 24/7 rolling 8 and 12hr shifts. Stunk up the back end of the interview bad, not sure I did enough with my strengths to convince I can overcome weaknesses

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

You might have still nailed it though Boner. Research shows interviewers know the successful applicant within the first 20 seconds of the interview

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Almost a fight at the Glenquarie shopping centre today.

A big fat druggo started on a skinny druggo. Was getting fiery until security arrived

I was hoping Batman would arrive

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

That was your time to shine Dubs

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 17, 2021, 5:23 pm That was your time to shine Dubs
And he would've killed that skinny druggo too if it weren't for those pesky guards!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Legends from Bar TV now have a country league vodcast: https://www.bartvsports.com.au/opinion/ ... episode-1/

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:You might have still nailed it though Boner. Research shows interviewers know the successful applicant within the first 20 seconds of the interview
actually did well apparently and a decent shot at the role. The part I stunk up supposedly everyone else does too it's more a test of how you handle something you don't know about.

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote: March 17, 2021, 8:36 pm Legends from Bar TV now have a country league vodcast: https://www.bartvsports.com.au/opinion/ ... episode-1/

Is there anything interesting for a Raiders fan?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:
bonehead wrote: March 17, 2021, 8:36 pm Legends from Bar TV now have a country league vodcast: https://www.bartvsports.com.au/opinion/ ... episode-1/

Is there anything interesting for a Raiders fan?
a quick highlight from tuggeranong trial, mentions HSS as a country product to watch not a lot else but I think it'll evolve as footy gets played.

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:
And he would've killed that skinny druggo too if it weren't for those pesky guards!
I'm not big cheese!!

It was bizarre. The fat druggo was pushing the skinny druggo around, yelling and swearing at him. No idea what started it. When the skinny druggo seen me watching he started to fire up at the fat druggo.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
I'm not big cheese!!

It was bizarre. The fat druggo was pushing the skinny druggo around, yelling and swearing at him. No idea what started it. When the skinny druggo seen me watching he started to fire up at the fat druggo.

So you stirred them up? **** hell, dubs
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

why the **** were you in Mac Fields **** dubs, its as bad as nowra.... both like time has forgotten it, every one walks around like the living dead.
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The important thing to remember is I got out of there, and I'm never going back!

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
I'm not big cheese!!

So you stirred them up? **** hell, dubs
I didn't do anything!

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Pants shopping. I can never find work pants that fit me right. Generally if they fit around the waist, the legs too long and I’m constantly having to get them hemmed up.

Today I found the solution, Ankle cut. Normally they’re a bit shorter so hipsters can show off they’re not wearing socks. Yet they fit me perfect.

A life hack brought to you by your friendly Fui

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Jeez I love Question.

Better than Nickman the ol bludger.

Or the druggo fight Club in Macquarie fields

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Q is a god among men. Where Pigman is the Truth, Q is the Way

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

How is everyone keeping up in this weather? Stay safe GHousos

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Geez Fui, how wet is it ?

The ducks have had enough.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ducks are now fish.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote:Geez Fui, how wet is it ?

The ducks have had enough.
Yeah just a bit. The scenes from the Hawkesbury River at Windsor are insane.

Mama Fui keeps ringing every time there’s a news update. Have to keep reassuring her it would need to get bad if I need to leave the 2765. She’s a worrier. She called me when I was holidaying in Paris in 2016 because there was a shooting in Mexico. Then when there was a mass stabbing attack in Paris while we were there... not a peep

Nickman's love of NSW