Canberra Raiders fans unite in Sydney - Fan meet up for Round 2 clash with the Sharks

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

sms316
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Austin 3:16

Canberra Raiders fans unite in Sydney - Fan meet up for Round 2 clash with the Sharks

Post by sms316 »

Hi all

I have the pleasure of being the GM at Beverley Park Golf Club which is located about 200m from Jubilee Stadium. The big downside to my job is that I'm surrounded by Dragons and Sharks fans. Fortunately since I have been here both those teams have sucked which has given me a solid year of giving crap to anyone who is prepared to listen.

Anyhow.... I have decided to cut loose this week and after chatting with forum chiefs I am turning BPGC into Sydney's Raiders HQ for the night. It would be awesome to put faces to names that I read on the forum (sorry, I should post more).

Any Raiders members/fans will get drinks at BPGC member prices. I'll dress the joint up in a classy shade of lime green, and the chef has confirmed with me that his woodfired pizzas will be made with green dough as a one-off.

Hopefully it doesn't piss down like it did yesterday because we will be running a can bar outside.

Now, if only I could get the lime milk. I can only imagine the horrid cocktails that could be made with that.

Here's a few pics from last night. I think we had about 180 in which wasn't bad considering the rain. You can tell it's pre game because some of the Dragons fans are smiling.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders fans unite in Sydney - Round 2 pre game fan meet up for Sharks clash!

Post by greeneyed »

If your interested, please click on the Facebook event and RSVP: https://fb.me/e/17auTIldc
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Canberra Raiders fans unite in Sydney - Round 2 pre game fan meet up for Sharks clash!

Post by The Nickman »

I always love going to Shark Park, not sure I've ever seen us lose there... spewing I can't go this year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2021, 10:18 am I always love going to Shark Park, not sure I've ever seen us lose there... spewing I can't go this year.
This one is at Kogarah Jubilee.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2021, 10:20 am
The Nickman wrote: March 15, 2021, 10:18 am I always love going to Shark Park, not sure I've ever seen us lose there... spewing I can't go this year.
This one is at Kogarah Jubilee.
I was talking about Shark Park, I've never been to Kogarah.
sms316
Gary Coyne

Post by sms316 »

The front doors will look better than ever.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Love it!
sms316
Gary Coyne

Post by sms316 »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2021, 1:25 pmLove it!
Let's just say this is going to be a very long week for my members and staff. :lol:
sms316
Gary Coyne

Re: Canberra Raiders fans unite in Sydney - Fan meet up for Round 2 clash with the Sharks

Post by sms316 »

Good news. People can stand in bars in NSW from today.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: Canberra Raiders fans unite in Sydney - Fan meet up for Round 2 clash with the Sharks

Post by Bay53 »

sms316 wrote: March 17, 2021, 7:35 am Good news. People can stand in bars in NSW from today.
Just in time for St Patricks Day.

It is all coming up green mate.
sms316
Gary Coyne

Post by sms316 »

The pizza menu is set, and the green dough (made with spinach) is set. Should be enough for 30 pizza bases.

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Sure as hell won’t be any golf played at the golf club this weekend. The tournament I was supposed to play this morning is off, like virtually all sport in Sydney today.

What is it about this weekend??

First last year the world shut down and now massive rain.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I was looking forward to playing comp tomorrow, might need flippers

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

+2 will be there. Probably starting milk chants.
Up The Milk
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

What a great idea, bummed I cant make it. Live in Wollongong but in Darwin for work till next Wednesday.

Hope its a good roll up...well done !
sms316
Gary Coyne

Post by sms316 »

En route to work now. Looking forward to it. Shame the weather will have dropped the numbers.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hope it goes well sms! Sounds amazing and wish I could be there!