No votes
Tigers 13+
No votes

Total votes: 25

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 1 V Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by julian87 »

There’s a big shift towards teams having a genuine utility on the bench his season. I’m a bit worried looking at the squad that we just don’t have one. Lots of very rigid players position wise. With CHN out I can’t see 3 middle forwards and Havili rolled out on the bench tomorrow. I’d say again I expect HSS in for Sutton/Soliola.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: March 13, 2021, 3:17 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2021, 11:56 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: March 13, 2021, 10:55 am
IBG wrote: March 13, 2021, 10:12 am Geez we were all giving crap to the NZ commentators for saying Papali'i but is that really how it's going to be pronounced now?! :o
Haha. Can't believe you thought the Aussie commentators were the ones doing it right all this time. NZ commentators are trash but I'd always back them to respectfully attempt an accurate pronounciation of surnames.
We actually asked the Raiders how he wanted it pronounced... and we were told Papalii. The NRL season guides said the same. Has he asked people change to Papali’i?
Yeah on Twitter Voss said he was fine with the old pronunciation but has now requested it be changed. So can't blame the Aussie commentators on that one.

Chris Coleman tells us via our Facebook group that Corey Harawira-Naera has also officially requested a pronunciation change... to “Hada-wida-Nigh-Da”.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Worried.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

The Nickman wrote: March 11, 2021, 4:40 pm David Howell and Glen Turner?

That's... great. Feel really happy for James.
hahaha. this was my sentiment exactly
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

‘Those words still motivate me’: Why Leilua is determined to silence Stuart

Joey Leilua wants to prove Ricky Stuart wrong in his first game in Canberra since leaving the club in 2019. Leilua says he still loves the Canberra fans and players, but criticism from Stuart still hurts.

“Those words from Stick [Stuart] about me not being good enough do motivate me,” Leilua said. “I’ve always had a lot of respect for Ricky, but when he said that it hurt me and I want to prove him wrong.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/those- ... 57ac9.html
Hahaha. What a muppet. If you read the article he was upset that he couldn't go away on a camp because he came back from pre-season overweight and he thought Stuart was picking on him. Geez I hope Scott outplays him tomorrow.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

George Williams impressed with Harry Rushton at Canberra Raiders

England halfback George Williams has been impressed with what he has seen of another a Wigan recruit Harry Rushton.

"He's done really well for himself and I've been really impressed with his attitude," he said."He's still really young and pretty raw - you can see the raw talent. He's only played a couple of Super League games, he's learning every day, which we all are, but I think he's been blown away by how much detail and stuff does go into what we do every day."

Read more: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... rs-3163598

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56334316
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

IBG wrote: March 13, 2021, 9:08 pm

Joey Leilua wants to prove Ricky Stuart wrong in his first game in Canberra since leaving the club in 2019. Leilua says he still loves the Canberra fans and players, but criticism from Stuart still hurts.

“Those words from Stick [Stuart] about me not being good enough do motivate me,” Leilua said. “I’ve always had a lot of respect for Ricky, but when he said that it hurt me and I want to prove him wrong.

Hahaha. What a muppet. If you read the article he was upset that he couldn't go away on a camp because he came back from pre-season overweight and he thought Stuart was picking on him. Geez I hope Scott outplays him tomorrow.
“Then with the Sunshine Coast, I’d just come back from my wedding and was relaxed. Stick wasn’t happy about my weight. I ended up being the only one not going away.

“When he did that, I thought, it’s time to explore somewhere else.”
“‘Madge’ was blunt, there’s no bull**** with him,” Leilua said. “He said, ‘If you don’t come back in the right shape, you won’t play’.

“I looked at him and said, ‘That’s fine, I agree with you’.

It's funny how it's fine coming from Madge, but when Ricky tells him how it is, BJ's like "I gotta get out of here!".
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2021, 7:21 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: March 13, 2021, 3:17 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2021, 11:56 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: March 13, 2021, 10:55 am
IBG wrote: March 13, 2021, 10:12 am Geez we were all giving crap to the NZ commentators for saying Papali'i but is that really how it's going to be pronounced now?! :o
Haha. Can't believe you thought the Aussie commentators were the ones doing it right all this time. NZ commentators are trash but I'd always back them to respectfully attempt an accurate pronounciation of surnames.
We actually asked the Raiders how he wanted it pronounced... and we were told Papalii. The NRL season guides said the same. Has he asked people change to Papali’i?
Yeah on Twitter Voss said he was fine with the old pronunciation but has now requested it be changed. So can't blame the Aussie commentators on that one.
Chris Coleman tells us via our Facebook group that Corey Harawira-Naera has also officially requested a pronunciation change... to “Hada-wida-Nigh-Da”.
Yup r is commonly pronounced as a d in Māori. I'd already been saying his that way.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Finchy wrote: March 13, 2021, 9:30 pm

“Then with the Sunshine Coast, I’d just come back from my wedding and was relaxed. Stick wasn’t happy about my weight. I ended up being the only one not going away.

“‘Madge’ was blunt, there’s no bull**** with him,” Leilua said. “He said, ‘If you don’t come back in the right shape, you won’t play’.

It's funny how it's fine coming from Madge, but when Ricky tells him how it is, BJ's like "I gotta get out of here!".
He had very similar positive things to say about Ricky when he came here from memory. How he was being judged on performance as opposed to at the Knights where it was an old boys club.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Finchy wrote: March 13, 2021, 9:30 pm

That Leilua article is a hoot. Claims he wants to prove Ricky wrong, but everything in that article proves that Ricky was right.

I'm superconfused about the winger situation. Croker/Simonssen have been a positively dangerous pairing in the past - why wouldn't you want to go back to that on that side, and have Scott/Raps on the other?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: March 13, 2021, 1:18 pm
BJ wrote: March 13, 2021, 8:28 am Not sure if it’s been reported elsewhere on GH. Papalli, CNK and CHN have all officially changed the pronunciation of their names in the NRL media register.
Big Pappa, klook sta and Havanuvadrink’n’driva respectively
Hahahahahaha amazing