Roosters 13+
7%

Total votes: 15

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by GreenMachine »

Don’t care about the result, only injuries.
Stupid letting first grade internationals spin their wheels in a meaningless game and potentially injure themselves.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Crichton and Horsburgh having a dust up in back play.
The Greenhouse score update service
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

69th min Roosters held up! Well done! Now Roosters penalised for obstruction.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

73rd min TRY RAIDERS in the corner to Albert Hopoate, Timoko with the try assist. No conversion.

Roosters 26-20
Last edited by The Greenhouse on February 27, 2021, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJ
Steve Walters

2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by BJ »

Gonna be a drop in quality with whoever takes Cotric’s wing spot.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

How did Frawley play so many first grade games at the Bulldogs?
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

BJ wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:31 pm How did Frawley play so many first grade games at the Bulldogs?
It's the Bulldogs.....
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Sutton isn't doing himself any favours...
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:13 pm Is Caleb Aekins injured?
He's played this segment. Pretty sure he chimed in as FB and moved the ball along in a sweep type play for Hopoate's try.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

FULL TIME

Sydney Roosters 26
Canberra Raiders 20

MATCH REPORT: Crichton, Walker star as Sydney Roosters beat Canberra Raiders

You couldn't tell it had been 231 days since Josh Hodgson last played footy as the Raiders hooker delivered a first-half masterclass in Saturday's 26-20 trial loss to the Roosters.

But precocious teenager Sam Walker and young five-eighth Lachlan Lam took advantage of a second-string Canberra side in the second term to inspire a Tricolours comeback.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 26 (Sitili Tupouniua, Lindsay Collins, Sam Walker, Daniel Tupou, James Tedesco tries; Sio Siua Taukeiaho 2, James Tedesco goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 20 (Hudson Young, Joe Tapine, Jack Wighton, Albert Hopoate tries; George Williams 2 goals) at Seiffert Oval

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/27/cri ... t-raiders/

Glimpses of quality as Raiders lose at Seiffert: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/02 ... -seiffert/

Josh Hodgson gets through Canberra Raiders trial as Sydney Roosters edge win at Seiffert: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Last edited by The Greenhouse on February 27, 2021, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Big Red is making sure he is suspending himself three times over for round one... Drink Shoulder Shoulder...
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Lots to like today. Would always like to win but we saw some promising stuff from our first grade guys.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:31 pm How did Frawley play so many first grade games at the Bulldogs?
He kicked a pretty nice 40:20 at one point. He's not without some talent.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

First 40 looked promising

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

yurithe1 wrote:
Green Blogger wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:06 pm Our main players definitely finished for the day - they are turning up showered and changed to watch.
Does that include Curtis Scott? I'd like to see a bit more of him.
Scott was ok

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Going to be close between Scott and Kris for the #4.

Second phase really hurts the roosters.

yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Ultima wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:35 pm Big Red is making sure he is suspending himself three times over for round one... Drink Shoulder Shoulder...
I'm shaking my head at that. The first alleged shoulder charge looked like he used his arms. That second one, I didn't get a clear view and they didn't replay it.

Weellll, at least he's gotten the gouges out of his game. :lol: :P :opps
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

That was solid.

We will be primed for the Tigpies.

Now we wait.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

The Greenhouse wrote:Crichton and Horsburgh having a dust up in back play.
Looked like Crichton didn't like the tackle to the ground and gave Hors a strike to the head.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Ultima wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:33 pm Sutton isn't doing himself any favours...
Pretty sure he’s being forced to play out of position.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:18 pm Ryan James has played huge minutes between both games. Looked pretty good with his carries.
Yeah I didn't see any signs we're getting a busted version of James, that's for sure.

Sia looked half a step away from making a few cover tackles. He's fine everywhere else but those inside balls and getting across is looking creaky.

Rapana looked spritely, that's a welcome sight.

Horsburg... I mean he's a few years into his FG career now and he's still coming on in a trial, dropping a ball, getting in fights and racking up multiple reports (don't think there was much in the 2nd one). He's not really doing himself many favours.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Ultima wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:35 pm Big Red is making sure he is suspending himself three times over for round one... Drink Shoulder Shoulder...
Given he was going to be suspended they should take any penalty and avoid carry over points. Not sure on either of the tackles as the camera angles didn't really show the impact.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The thing I take out of this squad wise is we have one too many middles considering we’re a bit short on edge forwards (even with CHN there) imo.

Everything else seems pretty sweet to me.

I’m confident between Simonsson and Valemei there’s an NRL standard winger there.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

julian87 wrote: February 27, 2021, 4:45 pm The thing I take out of this squad wise is we have one too many middles considering we’re a bit short on edge forwards (even with CHN there) imo.

Everything else seems pretty sweet to me.

I’m confident between Simonsson and Valemei there’s an NRL standard winger there.
I thought Hopoate looked like he had the most talent/balance/athleticism/hands out of the lot of fringe outside backs. Maybe not the fittest. 30th spot?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I think Baily Simmonson and Rapa should be our wingers for Rd 1. Baily's goal kicking will be needed. I hadn't seen George Williams kick for goal before. I'd let him focus on being the best half in the Club. It's only a trial but I thought Timoko and Kris look good for the center positions. CNK in the one. Jack and George as the halves. Hodgo and Starling the hookers. The pack will be difficult to pick but Papa, Tapine, EW and Young are certainties. Lui, Sia, Guler, James, Sutton and Havili - in the mix. HorsPower and CHN to miss the opener. Rushton a bit too soon for NRL.

Once again we have a competitive squad for 2021.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I saw what I needed from Ryan James. I’d have him starting with Papa.
There’s a lot to be said for experience, and it was quite noticeable in all the little things that he was doing. Big upgrade on the two talented young blokes.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Sounds like Hodgson looked healthy and spry
And Ryan James has something left in the tank

sounds like we got out with no injuries too

That’ll do me. Hopefully we’ll get some more detailed reports from those at the game about the outside backs... seems like some comments felt Scott and Kris looked good and Raps can still be ok for us
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Botman wrote: February 27, 2021, 5:17 pm Sounds like Hodgson looked healthy and spry

That’ll do me. Hopefully we’ll get some more detailed reports from those at the game about the outside backs... seems like some comments felt Scott and Kris looked good and Raps can still be ok for us
Hodgo looked like he hadn't missed a beat with the ball. He got caught on on the Collins try trying to hit over the top of the ball- on a guy that size it was never going to be made, when he had room 10m out to just take the legs.

Kris was the surprise package. He's grown into some good size and looks robust. I couldn't really split Scott, HSS, Timoko or Kris based on that trial. All had some nice moments.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

How did Hoppa go?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Pretty encouraging performance all up. The first half was a decent standard of footy given the heat and the first run of the year.

In terms of the positions which remain up for grabs I'm not sure we learnt too much. As hrundi says all of the guys vying for a spot in the centres showed glimpses, though none of them really stood apart from the rest. Similarly for the remaining forward spots on the bench, though James getting through some good minutes could well see him end up in the 17 to take on the Tigers.

I do worry a little about a lack of genuine pace out wide. Great run from Rapa to get into the clear, but seeing him in open space for the first time in a while it looks like he's lost more than just a step.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

BadnMean wrote: February 27, 2021, 5:22 pm
Botman wrote: February 27, 2021, 5:17 pm Sounds like Hodgson looked healthy and spry

Hodgo looked like he hadn't missed a beat with the ball. He got caught on on the Collins try trying to hit over the top of the ball- on a guy that size it was never going to be made, when he had room 10m out to just take the legs.

Kris was the surprise package. He's grown into some good size and looks robust. I couldn't really split Scott, HSS, Timoko or Kris based on that trial. All had some nice moments.
Hodgo is guilty of tackling too high every season we’ve had him. He misses/falls off a lot of tackles other hookers make. Needs to commit to going low and letting his bigger middle running mates come over the top
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

BadnMean wrote: February 27, 2021, 5:22 pm

Croker would want to be at the absolute peak of his powers. If he’s keeping all that young talent out of FG on reputation rather than ability... it’ll bite us in the backside both in 2021 and beyond
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

twistedbydesign wrote: February 27, 2021, 5:33 pm Pretty encouraging performance all up. The first half was a decent standard of footy given the heat and the first run of the year.

In terms of the positions which remain up for grabs I'm not sure we learnt too much. As hrundi says all of the guys vying for a spot in the centres showed glimpses, though none of them really stood apart from the rest. Similarly for the remaining forward spots on the bench, though James getting through some good minutes could well see him end up in the 17 to take on the Tigers.

I do worry a little about a lack of genuine pace out wide. Great run from Rapa to get into the clear, but seeing him in open space for the first time in a while it looks like he's lost more than just a step.
Hmm I got the opposite impression from that run- the looked like the old, bouncy Rapana to create the break and then reeled out 50/60m of clean running and saw off one Morris before the slight ankle tap and being buggered after 60m saw him reeled in by the other Morris who spent last year reeling in every "flyer" in the game also.

That was streets ahead of what I've seen from Rapa in the last 18 months he was here. He actually got into space and took off, instead of labouring. And the getting into space is a thing too- when he's half busted he just can't bounce out and take off like that.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I only watched second half. Obviously we are not the same without Wighton and G-Will

I thought outside backs looked solid without being outstanding. Smith-Shields some strong tackles

Otherwise looks like more of the same in terms of playing the middle power game, as expected
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Who looked good for us today? Didn't get a chance to watch.