Health and fitness

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

How healthy and happy are you?

Super healthy = Could trial for the Raiders
6%
Moderately healthy = I've got a six pack or at least I am trying to
36%
Slightly healthy = I eat junk and healthy stuff but I do walk (sometimes)
26%
Unhealthy = The only six pack I've got is for drinking
28%
Extremely unhealthy = Just don't ask
4%

Total votes: 50

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Health and fitness

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:I just got back from the Snowies Ultra - awesome race! Used it as training and felt a million bucks for 45k, bonked a bit in the last 5, but that’s why you train. I get to try again at the 6 foot Track marathon in 3 weeks. I’m holding 90-100k a week for the last month, barring last week as it tapered into the race, did about 70. Actually pulled up pretty well today and rode around gunghalin lake to shake the legs loose. Tomorrow will be the hurty day.
Wow that's pretty big kms. I'm going to 66km this week, hopeful of building up to 75km.
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Health and fitness

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: February 22, 2021, 7:31 pm
Coastalraider wrote:I just got back from the Snowies Ultra - awesome race! Used it as training and felt a million bucks for 45k, bonked a bit in the last 5, but that’s why you train. I get to try again at the 6 foot Track marathon in 3 weeks. I’m holding 90-100k a week for the last month, barring last week as it tapered into the race, did about 70. Actually pulled up pretty well today and rode around gunghalin lake to shake the legs loose. Tomorrow will be the hurty day.
Wow that's pretty big kms. I'm going to 66km this week, hopeful of building up to 75km.
That’s built up over a while, it’s a balancing act for sure, very easy to get too ambitions and miss time injured.