All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Emre Guler re-signs with the Raiders until end of 2023

Post by zim »

I agree. I thought the same thing would have already happened with Havili to a lesser extent. Both those guys should be leveraging into better deals even if they have to take a hit on the ladder.
Though I think liva has missed the window.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Havili's a bit younger than Namis, so he should still have some seasons in him.

That said, I don't think he's quite up to being a first choice hooker nor middle at any club, and he's in a position that will never hold much depth, so he's probably more or less going to max out his earnings with us in his niche squad role.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

afgtnk wrote: February 22, 2021, 1:44 am Havili's a bit younger than Namis, so he should still have some seasons in him.

That said, I don't think he's quite up to being a first choice hooker nor middle at any club, and he's in a position that will never hold much depth, so he's probably more or less going to max out his earnings with us in his niche squad role.
i disagree. he would be first choice hooker at the dogs, manly (depending on church stabby), tigers, warriors and broncos.
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: February 22, 2021, 7:59 am
afgtnk wrote: February 22, 2021, 1:44 am Havili's a bit younger than Namis, so he should still have some seasons in him.

i disagree. he would be first choice hooker at the dogs, manly (depending on church stabby), tigers, warriors and broncos.
That's kinda true but more a reflection on how **** the hookers are at those clubs. A better way for describing Havili is that no club would sign him to be starting hooker.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

afgtnk wrote: February 21, 2021, 8:28 pm
zim wrote: February 16, 2021, 9:15 am Likely last year for Sia. Lui not re-signed yet. That future might be next year.
I think we'll probably have to let Lui go. At his age he'll be coming up to his last decent sized contract, and he's on an upward trajectory career wise attracting a greater level of attention than previously experienced.... I don't see how we're going to be able to pay what I see others could throw at him, given our numbers and that he's now an Origin rep.
Titans will sign Lui for $800k :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Lui has been great for us, but if I was forced to choose between signing him or one of our promising youngsters, I would pick the youngster
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Lui has been reported as taking less to stay with us at just a bargain $250k a season.

He deserves a good final contract. So I think Raiders fans will wish him well.

I think Papa and a few of the boys wouldn’t want to lose his off field and training ground influence.

Problem is a young forward suddenly wants $500+ in his next contract renewal.