Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by gangrenous »

Here are some words that rhyme with Corey - gory, story, allegory, Montessori, drink driving of the high range category
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: February 2, 2021, 6:57 pm Here are some words that rhyme with Corey - gory, story, allegory, Montessori, drink driving of the high range category
That...

That was beautiful, man
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

gangrenous wrote: February 2, 2021, 6:57 pm Here are some words that rhyme with Corey - gory, story, allegory, Montessori, drink driving of the high range category
Content far too good for the gh. Well done
Dont delete this GE
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

Bravo.

Anyway, that forward depth is looking pretty smart right now.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BJ Mole releasing an exclusive picture of the two drunk driving idiots.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

It's a Corey thing
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

If they were both wearing hats would they be Fedori?
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

In the age of Uber, etc. and on the salaries these boys are on, why the **** are they driving when there is even a minor chance of being over?
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Not good from either player. Regardless of what happens regarding sanctions I think Sticky needs to send a message.by having both players start in Reggies then prove they deserve a crack through attitude and effort.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Botman wrote: February 2, 2021, 7:10 pm
That...

That was beautiful, man
You diabolical.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Clearly, not what the club should expect and it is illegal and does not show care to their own safety or those of others. The courts will take the appropriate action, in view of the specifics of the cases. One is low level, one is high level. Fortunately, there were not more serious consequences. I'm very confident the club will take the appropriate steps from there. Some of the calls for sackings etc I've seen on Facebook are certainly not warranted. People make mistakes, none of us are immune from making them. I've made plenty. I'm sure others here have too. Hopefully the guys learn from them and move forward, and I hope they are helped by the club to do that.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: February 3, 2021, 8:37 am Clearly, not what the club should expect and it is illegal and does not show care to their own safety or those of others. The courts will take the appropriate action, in view of the specifics of the cases. One is low level, one is high level. Fortunately, there were not more serious consequences. I'm very confident the club will take the appropriate steps from there. Some of the calls for sackings etc I've seen on Facebook are certainly not warranted. People make mistakes, none of us are immune from making them. I've made plenty. I'm sure others here have too. Hopefully the guys learn from them and move forward, and I hope they are helped by the club to do that.
i 100% agree with this.
Hors im not worried about, he's been a clean skin as far as i know at this club, he puts the work in and really his transgression here is minor. Which is not to dismiss it or not hold him accountable. The man has no business getting behind the wheel when he's over the limit. But lets also be reasonable here and say this is probably an honest mistake. Which happens. You don't need to crucify a guy for that.

For CHN, first and foremost is the obvious danger he posed to himself and others on the road, driving high range. Drink driving is totally unacceptable, and in the high range category, there is no honest mistake or misjudgement in that. He came to this club in controversial circumstances and whilst I don't need to relitigate that, I think it would behoove him to try and keep his nose clean. High range drink driving is going to give people who felt a certain way about his Dogs departure more reason to worry about his maturity. And fair enough too. Whilst this is obviously unacceptable, from every POV possible, specifically re: our club, this is not the end of the world and certainly not grounds for a sacking IMO, but this has to be the last time we see his name in print for off field indiscretions. I don't know that he'd survive another incident.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: February 2, 2021, 5:04 pm
afgtnk wrote:
julian87 wrote: February 2, 2021, 3:07 pm Some of these reactions to the Horsburgh half of the article are ridiculous. He’s as low range you can get. That’s deadset one sip of beer difference to being legally allowed to drive.
It's a pretty simple equation.

If you're drinking - do not drive. At all.

If you've drunk the night before, use a breathalyser to see where you're at roughly. If there's any danger at all, don't drive.

If you don't have a breathalyser, buy one. You should have the money for something to keep yourself from the danger of losing your livelihood, not to mention the risk to other road users.

These guys are public, high profile figures for **** sake. No chances should be taken whatsoever.
You can also download Nickman's app, which basically tells you you're over the limit if you have anything stronger than lemonade.

Makes for a nervous drive home.

Don't drink with Nickman. Not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
That app is spot on, pal... the confusing thing here is how YOU think you should still be under the limit after ten schooners of ANY type of beer!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Nickman wrote: February 3, 2021, 9:44 am
T_R wrote: February 2, 2021, 5:04 pm
afgtnk wrote:
julian87 wrote: February 2, 2021, 3:07 pm Some of these reactions to the Horsburgh half of the article are ridiculous. He’s as low range you can get. That’s deadset one sip of beer difference to being legally allowed to drive.
It's a pretty simple equation.

If you're drinking - do not drive. At all.

If you've drunk the night before, use a breathalyser to see where you're at roughly. If there's any danger at all, don't drive.

If you don't have a breathalyser, buy one. You should have the money for something to keep yourself from the danger of losing your livelihood, not to mention the risk to other road users.

These guys are public, high profile figures for **** sake. No chances should be taken whatsoever.
You can also download Nickman's app, which basically tells you you're over the limit if you have anything stronger than lemonade.

Makes for a nervous drive home.

Don't drink with Nickman. Not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
That app is spot on, pal... the confusing thing here is how YOU think you should still be under the limit after ten schooners of ANY type of beer!
I'd put that down to his iron constitution.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

greeneyed wrote:Clearly, not what the club should expect and it is illegal and does not show care to their own safety or those of others. The courts will take the appropriate action, in view of the specifics of the cases. One is low level, one is high level. Fortunately, there were not more serious consequences. I'm very confident the club will take the appropriate steps from there. Some of the calls for sackings etc I've seen on Facebook are certainly not warranted. People make mistakes, none of us are immune from making them. I've made plenty. I'm sure others here have too. Hopefully the guys learn from them and move forward, and I hope they are helped by the club to do that.
Can we all agree that the gh facebook page is a whole different monster to the forum and try and segregate them please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elcaptcroker wrote: February 3, 2021, 9:58 am
greeneyed wrote:Clearly, not what the club should expect and it is illegal and does not show care to their own safety or those of others. The courts will take the appropriate action, in view of the specifics of the cases. One is low level, one is high level. Fortunately, there were not more serious consequences. I'm very confident the club will take the appropriate steps from there. Some of the calls for sackings etc I've seen on Facebook are certainly not warranted. People make mistakes, none of us are immune from making them. I've made plenty. I'm sure others here have too. Hopefully the guys learn from them and move forward, and I hope they are helped by the club to do that.
Can we all agree that the gh facebook page is a whole different monster to the forum and try and segregate them please

I was actually reading the Canberra Raiders Facebook page. But I see the point about Facebook in general... we see some pretty wild claims there.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha that's a very good point... the GH Facebook fans are next-level stupid morons.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: February 3, 2021, 10:32 am

Haha that's a very good point... the GH Facebook fans are next-level stupid morons.
Wait, I use the GH Facebook page. What are you saying? :o
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: February 3, 2021, 11:35 am

I'm not going to connect the dots for you, pal.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:

That's Facebook as a whole

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: February 3, 2021, 11:57 am
Northern Raider wrote: February 3, 2021, 11:35 am

I'm not going to connect the dots for you, pal.
Might need your help here. I got stuck after number 3.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Strong preseasons for Canberra Raiders duo Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh prior to DUI charges, says Hudson Young

Hudson Young has revealed Canberra pair Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh had been enjoying strong preseason campaigns prior to being charged for separate drink-driving incidents.

"Big Red has been going awesome - he's had a very tough injury and tough run there last year. Me and Corey [Harawira-Naera] have been swapping in and out, both training in the middle as well. Both of us are being versatile and training hard."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Looks like CHN and Hors will be made unavailable come round 1.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Interesting that Hudson is saying he is definitely after the No. 11 jersey, and that both he and CHN are swapping in and out of the edge and middle in training.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

There's no question Young is in the running to take Bateman's spot.

And so he should be. The player demonstrating the best form on the training paddock during preseason should always be in the running.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Good. Young must see there's the chance to be an 80 minute starter right up for grabs on the right- vs sharing minutes as bench lock and fighting it out with Tapine or Sutton. CHN needs to be making every post a winner because Young showed he can be a good FG'er last year, and if he can transfer that form to an edge he's a valid option.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiki Special »

Post of the Year Winner already.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: February 3, 2021, 8:00 pm and if he can transfer that form to an edge he's a valid option.
That's the problem. IF. He's a young player, still improving and see's an opportunity to start, he should go for it. Things can obviously change with young players, but his work on the edge last year was ordinary. His work in the middle was impactful

If he can transfer that impact on the edge, great. And as said, this is a young player who is improving but nothing he's put on the field thus far suggests he should be playing edge.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Let's hope his form improvement was him getting more comfortable in the NRL rather than the actual position he was playing?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Young would be first choice if there's an injury so not unusual he's spending some time on the edge at training. Real shame these idiots derailed their start to the season.

So I expect round 1 to be:
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Think there’s far too much criticism of youngs games on the edge. He was more than solid in an unsettled edge for us. The kids got hunger and ability and going into the season with a more established george williams and a centre not in the middle of a legal battle should assist him in taking a few steps up. You all seem to be forgetting how left side dominant our team was focussing in attack.
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If Young wins the battle for No. 11, I wonder if CHN makes the top 17. You might want him there for versatility, because you don’t think Young is at his best playing 80 minutes, at least not yet. But the other option is having three middles on the bench... and there are better middles in the squad than CHN.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:If Young wins the battle for No. 11, I wonder if CHN makes the top 17. You might want him there for versatility, because you don’t think Young is at his best playing 80 minutes, at least not yet. But the other option is having three middles on the bench... and there are better middles in the squad than CHN.
I've been banging on about a rotation policy with the depth in the forwards. If Young can prove himself on the edge it is actually perfect. Whitehead needs to be rested throughout the season so we get the best out of him.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiki Special »

Probably won't happen but if Young starts on the edge and holds that spot I think he's more effective on the left for us and I'd like to see Whitehead move to the right. Whitehead is equally effective on the right.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote: February 3, 2021, 9:48 pm Let's hope his form improvement was him getting more comfortable in the NRL rather than the actual position he was playing?

It's beyond me as to why this factor gets overlooked.

Then again, it was also beyond me why Young was written off by a number of people after a dozen games.