All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Locks and contenders 2021

Post by zim »

Similar to my views. Scott will be there. James will be there. We've got a lot of depth and reserve grade is going to be great to watch.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Strong team, I love Rapa but I just hope he gets through the year and doesnt regress too much, hopefully my concerns are ill founded.

Curtis Scott and Ryan James, if these two start teh first 6-8 games off strong we will be in a great spot to win the damn thing this year.
Its not like Scott is a rookie, and hes had big wraps on him for quite a while, ok bar the last 2 years, this is the year he HAS to perform....over to you Curtis.

Ryan James if he stays injury free im confident will kick ass for us.

$9.50 at Sportsbet to win the thing...get on board !
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

zim wrote:Similar to my views. Scott will be there. James will be there. We've got a lot of depth and reserve grade is going to be great to watch.
Agreed.

Scott and James will be there.

I kind of expect Lui to miss out

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'm finding it very hard to decide on who's missing out.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Leadership voids and $1m mysteries: Question every club must answer before kick-off
Mark St John

RAIDERS

How do the Raiders replace John Bateman? The 2019 Dally M second-rower of the year’s return to Wigan has created a massive hole in Canberra’s forward pack. Elliot Whitehead has one of the second row spots locked up for 2021, but who will partner him and how the forward rotation will work is less clear.

23-year-old Corey Horsburgh and 22-year-old Hudson Young loom as the most likely candidates to fill the void left by Bateman, but who starts and who comes off the bench remains to be seen.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c2fca086b9

This is the kind of in depth raiders analysis I'm after.
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry simo, after last year, when Corey was tried out in the second row, and it didn't work out well, and Corey said he didn't want to play there... I thought I'd leave him out of the second row contenders.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: February 2, 2021, 7:10 am Sorry simo, after last year, when Corey was tried out in the second row, and it didn't work out well, and Corey said he didn't want to play there... I thought I'd leave him out of the second row contenders.
sorry GE, i was taking a shot at the poor fox sports "journalism" that included a middle forward coming back from a lisfranc injury as an edge option and not a kiwi international back rower as an option
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I got the joke... just playing along! :)
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

did ge just get me to dubby?????
Dont delete this GE