Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: The Politics Thread 2021

Post by Seiffert82 »

Manbush wrote: January 26, 2021, 5:41 am
Seiffert82 wrote: January 24, 2021, 6:42 am
:lol: It appears I have been living under a rock.
Doc left out the part where the bad guys were all a part of a Satanist, global cabal made up purely of Democrats and others on the left who were running a child pedophile ring and also farming them for their pineal glands, they’d name random celebrities such as Tom Hanks a being part of it.

There are some levels of stupidity which become truly impressive for the levels they reach, QAnon outshined them all.
And somehow these people get quoted in the news? :lol:
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Worse than just being quoted in the news they get voted into congress.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Nothing surprises me anymore. After reading up on flat earth a bit I stopped reading this sort of garbage.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Manbush wrote: January 26, 2021, 9:59 am Worse than just being quoted in the news they get voted into congress.
Wow, yeah I didn't realise that. Two seats hey.

What is wrong with that place? Quite a lot as it turns out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just had a procedural vote in the US Senate on the question of whether the Trump impeachment trial is constitutional, as he is no longer President. 45 Republicans voted it was unconstitutional, including McConnell. Five Republican senators voted it was constitutional, so they will be well short of the 17 required to impeach.

Rand Paul test vote sidelined but offers early look at Republican opposition for Trump impeachment trial: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/26/poli ... index.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There are now conspiracy theories being promulgated by some State arms of the Republican Party (Oregon and Hawaii), that the insurrection at the Capitol was staged by Democrats, pretending to be Trump supporters. The Arizona Republicans have also censured the Governor for certifying the State's votes in the Presidential election! They are a party in a horrible mess, still in thrall of a demagogue and which stands for nothing else.

How Oregon just proved Donald Trump isn't going anywhere: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/26/poli ... index.html

Arizona Republicans censure McCain, Flake and Ducey over Trump split: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ucey-trump
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

The Republican Party is a shambles. Sadly, the electoral college and rural bias of the senate does not incentivise them enough to change. I found this article a good read this morning:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/opi ... ulism.html
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

They are a shambles.

Any political party that takes their eyes off the actual issues because they are too busy worrying about conspiracy theories, leadership issues or legitimate election results deserve everything they get.

These are educated people who aspire to lead the world's greatest superpower, yet what we hear about is absolute nonsense theories about some pissant uprising.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I wonder if Trump threatening to start his own party and fracturing the Republican voter base turned a few off it, McConnell for one has appeared to have backtracked.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Most likely.

The reality is finally dawning on these idiots that Trump wasn't actually there to promote the agenda and policies of the Republican party, he was there to promote his private business interests and to stroke his massive ego (at the cost of hundreds of thousands of human lives).

Many in the party clearly hitched their wagon to him, because they don't have the personality (or substance) to win an election themselves. It's hilarious watching them backtrack their position at the 13th hour, now that Trump's reputation is poisonous to their own. It's pathetic.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seems an optimistic summary of the situation? The recent votes seem to show still plenty willing to vote aligned to Trump. Seems like Trump will continue to be a large part of the Republican Party ongoing?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Depends if another **** crazy millionaire wants to bankroll them in the next 4 years I guess

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think it’s Trump no matter what. He holds too many of their voters in his sway. How can they come back in 4 years without him?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The guy was so worried about the civil and criminal cases coming his way he clearly considered pre-emptively pardoning himself before leaving office. Tax fraud, insurance fraud, defamation, who knows what else. His lawyers are going to be busy.

Trump will be 78 by the time the next election rolls around. Ultimately it may depend on how quickly the USA comes out of the Covid pandemic and how their economy bounces back under Biden.

Let's not forget he actually lost the popular vote in both elections he participated in. I'm not sure Fox will be behind Trump in the same way they were in the last couple of elections either.

Nothing would surprise me, but I think it would be an indictment on the Republican party if he is the best they can muster up.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:Depends if another **** crazy millionaire wants to bankroll them in the next 4 years I guess

That is such a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They showed the most disturbing vision from the incident you’ll ever see in the lead up. 😢

USA voters have elected the woman calling this mass shooting a “false flag” or staged incident to the Congress and the Republicans have put her on the education committee of the House.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:

They showed the most disturbing vision from the incident you’ll ever see in the lead up. Image

USA voters have elected the woman calling this mass shooting a “false flag” or staged incident to the Congress and the Republicans have put her on the education committee of the House.
Who is this? The QAnon congresswoman?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The mother of one of the victims.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:The mother of one of the victims.
No sorry, I mean who is the one that they elected calling the mass shooting a false flag and the Capitol incident staged?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

She seems delightful
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Trump loves her.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Well he IS a good judge of character
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Lincoln project now going after Giuliani. Tasty read.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Haha that is great
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ouch. Suck **** Giuliani, you absolute piece of garbage.

On another note, anyone been paying attention to Russia the last few days?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:Ouch. Suck **** Giuliani, you absolute piece of garbage.

On another note, anyone been paying attention to Russia the last few days?
Nope. What's been happening?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

4 Corners special tonight Downfall The Last Days of Trump. Worth a look
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Well apparently the Supreme Court will overturn the election on the 19th of February, calling the poster and his fellow QAnon followers “nutjobs” got me my first FB gaol time as that somehow breaches their community standards :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha brilliant, Bushy

I see that the Canadian government has just labelled the Proud Boys as a terrorist organisation too. Fantastic stuff
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

US House votes to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene from Committee appointments. 11 Republicans voted to remove her. That's one more than the number who voted to impeach Trump. Liz Cheney not one of them, voted on procedural grounds.

She expressed "regret" for her comments, but refused to apologise:

She did acknowledge that school shootings are "absolutely real" and 9-11 "actually happened". It's extraordinary that she even has to make those statements. But blames media and "big tech" for cancel culture and taking her out of context.

Meanwhile...

Voting technology company Smartmatic files $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell over 'disinformation campaign': https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/04/medi ... index.html
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Hopefully just the first step in pushing these nuts out.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

How do these ****heads get to this position?

Oh yeah, it's because they represent the ****head portion of the population.

As you were.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

This is a short little video published by the RBA itself yesterday which explains how bonds are issued.

Please note the part about the RBA purchasing bonds in order to control interest rates (monetary policy) - it does this by simply crediting the reserve accounts of the participating financial institutions who have accounts at the RBA.

As I have been trying to explain to some around here who just don't want to have a bar of it, this is no different to when the government wishes to engage in fiscal spending. At the instruction of Treasury, the process will essentially be the same: the RBA will credit the relevant reserve accounts of the relevant financial institutions with whom the recipients of the fiscal spending have private accounts.
Up The Milk