2021 Jersey Flegg

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

2021 Jersey Flegg

Post by greeneyed »

Jersey Flegg Training Squad

The Canberra Raiders are pleased to announce the club's Jersey Flegg U21s training squad. The squad consists of contracted players, players eligible for S.G. Ball (Under 19s) and train and trialists. A number of Raiders NRL squad members including Matt Timoko, Harley Smith-Shields, Adam Cook and new recruit Harry Rushton will be eligible to compete in the competition.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/11 ... ing-squad/

Pre-Christmas Training Squad

Josh Allen
Temple Beauchamp
Josh Billing
JJ Clarkson
Caleb Esera
Matt Fellows
Cooper Harris
Manase Kaho
Lachlan Lewis
Ata Mariota
Toby Marks
Jordan Martin
Keaton Meads
Brigham Moeakiola
Sione Moala
Trey Mooney
Khalil Rahme
Joe Roberts
Jack Sandford
Xavier Savage
Brad Schneider
Jeremiah Simbiken
Mitch Souter
Josh Thompson
Leo Thompson
Toby Thorburn
Sila Tituiti
Adrian Trevilyan
Sione Vuki
Clay Webb
Sam Wentworth
Jordan Williams
Cam Woolnough
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Jersey Flegg

Post by bonehead »

extremely strong

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote:extremely strong

It’s exciting how much talent there is in our junior grades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

This was the team that was named for Round 2 of this year. As we know Covid hit and we never got to play a game.

1. Jarrett Subloo
2. Brigham Moeakiola
3. Jeremiah Simbiken
4. Leo Thompson
5. Manase Kaho
6. Adam Cook
7. Brad Schneider
8. Silafono Titiuti
9. Adrian Trevilyan
10. Ata Mariota
11. Lachlan Lewis
12. Jordan Martin
13. Duwanye Mariner

14. Joe Roberts
15. Ronan Michael
16. Keaton Meads
17. Josh Allen

I assume Subloo is part of the NRL squad, on a development contract and we know Cook is in the top 30. Only others not coming back are Duwayne Mariner who I think left the club mid season and Ronan Michael who was the Irish kid from Huddersfield who was going to play Flegg this year. Not sure if there are any plans for him to come back. Obviously there are big challenges bringing someone in from overseas (NZ excepted) as we have seen with Rushton.

It is a very talented squad.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

There are huge, huge wraps on Trevilyan, to the point where he is a must keep. Same with Esera. This side should be aiming for a premiership next year.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

no further mention of Prinston Esera yet

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote: November 14, 2020, 5:57 pm no further mention of Prinston Esera yet

Staying in Queensland until he finishes school I suspect.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

TongueFTW wrote: November 14, 2020, 12:28 pm There are huge, huge wraps on Trevilyan, to the point where he is a must keep. Same with Esera. This side should be aiming for a premiership next year.
Trevilyan only played about 50 mins of footy this year - in the grand final and he totally changed the Raiders side. As soon as he came in we finally started playing up tempo and just blew the Bulls off the park.

I am nervous to take too much notice of that performance because they Bulls defence and line speed is a million miles off NRL standard but gee he was impressive.

Esera is a massive talent but I would like to see him play at that level for longer in games. The performance in the GF has to be his minimum going forward. There were times were he didn’t have a lot of influence in games for long spells and he is far better than that.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2020, 6:04 pm
bonehead wrote: November 14, 2020, 5:57 pm no further mention of Prinston Esera yet

Staying in Queensland until he finishes school I suspect.
I think Prinston only turns 18 in 2021.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Yep Prinston is Year 12 in 2021. I believe we have also signed Thomas Lunney from Wavell High. He was only under 14 in 2019 so still very young.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GALLERY: Jersey Flegg pre-season training: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/11 ... -training/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Khalil Rahme - boneys new favourite hombre

Edrick The Entertainer
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Sione Moala is a halback out of the Warriors system, was the junior kiwi's halfback last year and nz under 16's player of the year a couple of years ago, i havent seen anything of him really but he seems highly rated and warriors fans seem a bit disappointed to lose him
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Toby Thorburn highlights. From Mackay.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

With Hopoate signed, our team could possibly be

1. Cook
2. Hopoate
3. Smith-Shields
4. Timoko
5. Thompson
6. Subloo
7. Schnieder
8. Mariota
9. Trevilyan
10. Rushton
11. Esera
12. Lewis
13. Mooney

14. Moala
15. Titiutii
16. Clarkson
17. Meads

Against teams whose best under 21s are playing NSW Cup.

Wow.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bay53 wrote:With Hopoate signed, our team could possibly be

1. Cook
2. Hopoate
3. Smith-Shields
4. Timoko
5. Thompson
6. Subloo
7. Schnieder
8. Mariota
9. Trevilyan
10. Rushton
11. Esera
12. Lewis
13. Mooney

14. Moala
15. Titiutii
16. Clarkson
17. Meads

Against teams whose best under 21s are playing NSW Cup.

Wow.
that is a team

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Determined young man.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seems like a good young man.
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

Look forward to Xavier and Co dominating the SG Ball comp before moving up to NSW Cup.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders withdraw from Jersey Flegg in 2021, to enter NSW Cup

The Canberra Raiders will return to the NSW Cup competition in 2021, seeing the club fielding a team in Raiders colours for the first time since 2007.

The Raiders believe it is a great pathways opportunity and is in the best interests of the club’s football program moving forward to field its own open age team in the NSW Cup.

The move to the NSW Cup will see the Raiders drop out of the Jersey Flegg (Under 21s) competition for the 2021 season, with a view to possibly re-entering a team at this level in 2022.

The Raiders NSW Cup squad will be made up of a mixture of NRL squad members and players who have been training for the Raiders Jersey Flegg Cup team so far this pre-season.

Jersey Flegg Coach Peter Marrapodi will also step up to the role of Raiders NSW Cup Coach.

The Raiders will still field teams in the SG Ball (Under 19s), Harold Matthews Cup (Under 17s) and the Tarsha Gale Cup (Women’s under 18s) in 2021.

Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart said the decision allows players not participating in NRL football the opportunity to play at the next best level on offer, helping to continue their development and match fitness.

“We’re really excited to be back in the NSW Cup, with the competition allowing us to get some valuable field time for our NRL squad members,” Stuart said.

“The NSW Cup allows our squad to best prepare for NRL football and will allow the coaching staff to see who is performing well enough to come into the first-grade team if required.

“We saw in our last competition game against the Sharks last season the wonderful depth we have in the squad and it will be fantastic to see them get more match time at a high level in 2021.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said having a NSW Cup team also gave Raiders members and fans the opportunity to see more of the clubs NRL squad players and keep an eye on the next crop of players coming through the clubs system.

“After careful evaluation and feedback from our coaches and pathways staff, we’ve decided that fielding a team on our own in the NSW Cup is best for the club’s football program,” Furner said.

“It also gives our members and fans the opportunity to have their own team to support in this competition.

“We haven’t fielded a Raiders team in this competition since 2007 and we know our members and supporters will definitely identify more with a team wearing our famous green jersey. We also look forward to scheduling as many of their matches as we can with our NRL team to enhance the match day experience.

“I’d also like to thank the NRL for providing the extra funding and the NSWRL for re-admitting the Raiders into the NSW Cup at this late stage of the pre-season.”

Canberra Raiders media release