The Greenhouse - Now in our 17th season!

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Today, January 6, marks the 16th birthday of The Greenhouse, and we enter our 17th season still the biggest and best Canberra Raiders supporters site on the net!

Today we thank our founders, Nick and Ed, for establishing the site. There’s little doubt that anyone could have foreseen what was to come. Back in 2005, Facebook was in its infancy, and had not been launched for the general public. Twitter and Instagram did not exist.

We now have 3,700 members of TheGH.com.au and over 30,000 unique users of the site on average per month - with a monthly peak over 45,000 users. The site averages over 1 million page views per month - with a monthly peak of over 2.2 million.

The Greenhouse Facebook page now has more than 43,000 likes... and over 60,000 followers on Facebook in all our pages and groups. We also have over 8,000 followers on Twitter and 8,000 on Instagram. On all our social media platforms, including Pinterest, we have now have over 83,000 followers. That's around 25,000 more than a year ago.

Whenever big news breaks, it is The Greenhouse the supporters come to. And whenever people want to know what Raiders fans are thinking, it is The Greenhouse they come to.

It’s thanks to the members and followers of The GH, for continuing to make The Greenhouse the number one Canberra Raiders supporters website!

We promise to again get bigger and better in 2021. Sadly, the long wait for a fourth Canberra Raiders premiership continues for at least a little longer. Hopefully, 2021 will be the Year of the Raiders!

The Greenhouse Team

The Greenhouse score update service
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: The Greenhouse - Now in our 17th season!

Post by Bay53 »

Without doubt it is a very well run site.

I doubt there is another club site that has as big a reach.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I like the amazing level of insight into everything from every single site member. There’s never been a bad or incorrect post in the history of the GH.

Well maybe one or two......
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

This site has become an integral part of my life.

I've met some absolutely wonderful people in person that I'm extremely grateful for.

GE, TR, Jed, Bay53, Bonehead, Nickman, Dr Zaius (thanks for showing me who Mick Picker was), Albi, Shezza, Shifty, Manbush, just to name a few.

Then there's Chachi, Gangers, Hb0mb, Fui, RR, coastalraider, deeman, David231280, who have been there behind the scenes.

Forgive me if I've not mentioned you here, but be assured I'm grateful for you. Big cheese, BJ mole, Roy Rover, Ext, etc. Wish 8 knew what happened to Stuat, GEM, and Thickos.

To all those who've supported the GH, loved the raiders and been there through thick and thin in the name of the best team in rugby league...thank you. We may not always get along, but we stand by our team and each other.

And to edabomb and Nick....thank you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: January 9, 2021, 3:05 pm This site has become an integral part of my life.

I've met some absolutely wonderful people in person that I'm extremely grateful for.

GE, TR, Jed, Bay53, Bonehead, Nickman, Dr Zaius (thanks for showing me who Mick Picker was), Albi, Shezza, Shifty, Manbush, just to name a few.

Then there's Chachi, Gangers, Hb0mb, Fui, RR, coastalraider, deeman, David231280, who have been there behind the scenes.

Forgive me if I've not mentioned you here, but be assured I'm grateful for you. Big cheese, BJ mole, Roy Rover, Ext, etc. Wish 8 knew what happened to Stuat, GEM, and Thickos.

To all those who've supported the GH, loved the raiders and been there through thick and thin in the name of the best team in rugby league...thank you. We may not always get along, but we stand by our team and each other.

And to edabomb and Nick....thank you.

Shattered..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Geez, how could I forget pj......

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah this place has become a pretty big staple in my life. Probably the main site I lurk and contribute to.

Still remember when I first signed up, grumbling that I couldn't find any Raiders news, and not having Fox so I couldn't see games on tele. Stumbled across the site on a Wikipedia page. Either it was mentioned on the Raiders page as being a supporter's site, or it was used as reference material... either way, it drew me here. Then the infamous Todd Carney best player poll happened, and I was hooked.

I thought I'd use the site to meet people at Raider games, but only ever came across Naked Zombie... I think, unless I've met people and haven't linked the face to the username. It's been good though, never thought I'd be a part of a community like this. Keep it up gang
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I like finding out stuff way before even the media sometimes. Both on and off the field.

In Rugby League discussions that I have with work colleagues it’s funny when someone approaches me and says for example” how about player x rolling his ankle at training, he could miss a few weeks”. And they only know that info from reading a paper or listening to the radio..usually days after the event.

We get it here straight away..

* Dugans on the roof
* Todd ran from the cops
* Papa called the cops on himself
* Josh Miller’s dog loves peanut butter

You’ll hear it here first..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Pigrickrainbowticknick and I would like to take 100% of the credit. Without out us none of you would be here. Thanks.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:Pigrickrainbowticknick and I would like to take 100% of the credit. Without out us none of you would be here. Thanks.
Your forum was way better. Lets go back there.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Happy etc
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Raider Azz wrote: January 24, 2021, 5:22 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:Pigrickrainbowticknick and I would like to take 100% of the credit. Without out us none of you would be here. Thanks.
Your forum was way better. Lets go back there.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Droids 2021 :hmmm
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Kudos to you buddy, you handle it well.