Family ties CNK to New Zealand but won't take him back to Warriors

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Family ties CNK to New Zealand but won't take him back to Warriors

Post by Love4Noa »

Anyone know why he is still in NZ?

I have a theory that if he isn't on the way out this year, he might join the Warriors in 22. Seems the Raiders are stocking up a bit in preparation...
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Re: CNK

Post by Raider Azz »

Because his family lives there?

Your theory is based on nothing but your own speculation. Why would he join the Warriors with RTS having the fullback spot on lock there?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He had to quarantine for two weeks so as to get to see his sons. No doubt the club would have been happy to give him more time off to enable him to spend Christmas with family in New Zealand in the circumstances.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hey Noa..your theory stinks.

Merry Christmas.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

Raider Azz wrote: December 23, 2020, 8:14 am Because his family lives there?

Your theory is based on nothing but your own speculation. Why would he join the Warriors with RTS having the fullback spot on lock there?

Speculation indeed. His family used to be with him out here... Now they aren't.

RTS is no certainty of staying with the Warriors moving forward...

CNK played no rep football this year - everyone is back apart from the rep players as far as I understand.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

-PJ- wrote: December 23, 2020, 10:24 am Hey Noa..your theory stinks.

Merry Christmas.
I'm happy to take the wager he won't be here for his next contact .
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Love4Noa wrote: December 23, 2020, 1:21 pm

Merry Christmas.
In 2024?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Why aren’t his family here?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Love4Noa wrote: December 23, 2020, 1:21 pm

Merry Christmas.
In 3yrs time ?

You win..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Take takka Chanze Chanze Chanze, takka takka take a Chanze Chanze takka takka take a Chanze on me!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

sprintman wrote: December 23, 2020, 2:02 pm Why aren’t his family here?
Not sure of his situation with the mother of his children, but its not striking me as them being together... in which case it would make sense for them to be home in NZ with family and support around and their mum, rather than move across the ditch to live with Dad who travels extensively for work
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Warriors are starting next season based in Australia.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Gee whiz mate.. what a random theory. I have no inside intel but the way he puts in for the club tells me he loves the joint. The stockpiling of fbs is exactly what we needed. Last year when he was injured/rested we had players playing out of position to cover him. Thats not ideal and frankly the club did what they needed to by signing a fringe first grader and a kid with enormous potential.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

For the record my theory is that stuart will rotate players mid season to freshen up our first 17 and also give others some experience. That way the boys should be fit and firing come September
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

FROG wrote:For the record my theory is that stuart will rotate players mid season to freshen up our first 17 and also give others some experience. That way the boys should be fit and firing come September
Fingers crossed we’re not hovering around mid-bottom of the ladder while he tries this rotation policy!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Pretty sure he's been given extended leave cause it would be almost 12 months since he saw his family

Non story

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 23, 2020, 7:11 pm
FROG wrote:For the record my theory is that stuart will rotate players mid season to freshen up our first 17 and also give others some experience. That way the boys should be fit and firing come September
Fingers crossed we’re not hovering around mid-bottom of the ladder while he tries this rotation policy!
I was thinking the same thing at first, but if our first 17 arent performing then there is also probably a case to shake things up albeit for a different reason. In any event, i think we will see our squad rotating/changing mid year
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Based on this I'm predicting CNK will no longer be part of the top 30 in 2057.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

After a stellar 656 game career with 7 premierships

Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

Stage 1 of my theory is correct.

RTS is leaving the Warriors.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Love4Noa wrote: January 30, 2021, 10:58 am Stage 1 of my theory is correct.

RTS is leaving the Warriors.
Yes you would have to think CNK goes home for 22 and Aetkins understudy this year to slot in next year.
Pretty hard to begrudge CNK if this plays out that way. He’s away from his 2 boys, relationship breakdown apparently, all family in NZ and only reason we got him originally was RTS.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

He’s only allowed back at the Warriors next year as a premiership winning fullback! And I’ll still cry for a week.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

The Warriors have the brilliant Peta Hiku and also Paul Turner in the wings, though Turner is a rookie. They don’t need CNK.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

CNK's future will largely depend on his 2021 season and his development as a ball playing fullback.
If he cant make significant strides in this area, i believe the coach will be looking at moving him into a new position or new club for 2022
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Aekins isn't a first grade FB's elbow. If CNK goes we are re-strategising that position.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: January 31, 2021, 8:34 pm Aekins isn't a first grade FB's elbow. If CNK goes we are re-strategising that position.
100%. I am not for a moment suggesting that we have the long term answer, if its not CNK.
We dont.

But the club is and has, to be perfectly honestly, been very clear with its direction and thoughts. On all things really. They tell us fans what they're thinking and doing, we just need to listen and not just hear. The message is clear. CNK has to become the player we need him to be as a fullback, or he'll be moved to a position better suited to his skill set and the club will attempt to find someone else
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

BadnMean wrote: January 31, 2021, 8:34 pm Aekins isn't a first grade FB's elbow. If CNK goes we are re-strategising that position.
Yes at the moment I agree. But they bought him for a reason and some of the social posts i've seen are along the lines of Aekins saying 'learning from the master' etc whilst doing one-on-one's with CNK. They also have Cook so backup was already there?

A year is a long time in development of a player but between him and Hopoate you would have to think something is cooking in relation to plans moving forward??
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Old School Green wrote:
Yes at the moment I agree. But they bought him for a reason and some of the social posts i've seen are along the lines of Aekins saying 'learning from the master' etc whilst doing one-on-one's with CNK. They also have Cook so backup was already there?

A year is a long time in development of a player but between him and Hopoate you would have to think something is cooking in relation to plans moving forward??
When we were looking at Edwards the talk on here was Aekins being the better prospect, will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hoppa despite being behind in fitness is also a potential 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

That talk on Aekins being the better prospect was off the mark and off the back of Edwards being injured regularly. I commented at the time Edwards just needed more game time. 2020 clearly showed who was the better choice there.

Cook isn't a legitimate back up option this year. He really needs a year of reggies.
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Belcher#1 »

Aekins will never be more than a nsw cup fullback. He can fill in for injury if required for a game or two but wouldn't want to see more than that. I think that's exactly why he was signed as well; a minimum wage backup that won't be completely terrible if called upon.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

We need a better fullback.

I admire CNK for his heart, commitment and character. He really gives his all.

But as I've always said, he's limited.

If he can develop and grow his game, good. We need him too. O don't know enough about Aekin so I can't comment, but I'm sure he's in the frame for NRL selection.

Other players I'd like to see reach higher standards are Simmonson and Semi.

Hors, Young, Starling, all made good progress last year. Semi improved as the year went on, and I really hope he continues to improve. Our outside backs are our weaker link.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Classic dubby
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

dubby wrote:We need a better fullback.

If he can develop and grow his game, good. We need him too. O don't know enough about Aekin so I can't comment, but I'm sure he's in the frame for NRL selection.

Hors, Young, Starling, all made good progress last year. Semi improved as the year went on, and I really hope he continues to improve. Our outside backs are our weaker link.

You said he was rubbish after one game

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

bonehead wrote: February 1, 2021, 10:08 am
Old School Green wrote:

When we were looking at Edwards the talk on here was Aekins being the better prospect, will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hoppa despite being behind in fitness is also a potential 1
I've not seen any particular aspect of Aekins game that tells me he's a permanent NRL quality fullback. No obvious weakness and no obvious strengths. Strikes me as a solid depth player. Agree that Hoppa might be the the smoky here. Always had huge raps on him. Successive ACL injuries curtailed the start of his NRL career. Just a question of whether he's still got the physical ability any more.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

-TW- wrote: February 2, 2021, 8:36 am
dubby wrote:We need a better fullback.

You said he was rubbish after one game

must have been below the red line
Dont delete this GE