The Politics Thread 2020

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Politics Thread 2020

Post by greeneyed »

Reputable journalists have a responsibility not to spread lies. Not to publish material that does not have veracity.

Just because Trump tells a blatant lie, responsible journalists should call it out.

The things Trump is saying about how votes shouldn’t be counted after election night are utterly disgraceful, part of some despicable attempts to suppress votes and interfere in the democratic process. This is the sort of stuff you see in countries run by tyrants, who pretend to hold elections. Disgraceful stuff.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Did you not see? I said good day, sir! You can have the last word if that's what you want.

If anybody wants at it, feel free, but I'd rather continue watching my show than keep going at this. The outcome is predetermined; no opinions will be changed here today, no views will be swayed.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

greeneyed wrote: November 3, 2020, 9:01 pm Reputable journalists have a responsibility not to spread lies. Not to publish material that does not have veracity.

Just because Trump tells a blatant lie, responsible journalists should call it out.

The things Trump is saying about how votes shouldn’t be counted after election night are utterly disgraceful, part of some despicable attempts to suppress votes and interfere in the democratic process. This is the sort of stuff you see in countries run by tyrants, who pretend to hold elections. Disgraceful stuff.
Doesn’t have veracity? How do you determine that? Bobulinski, an ex military officer and one of Hunter Biden’s ex business partners, has publicly testified that Joe Biden stood to receive 10% from a Chinese investment firm. Why would would that not qualify as having veracity? Just admit it, the reason it wasn’t reported is because it reflects badly on Joe and the media didn’t want it out there. Nothing to do with “veracity”, that’s just the lame excuse they came up with to justify it.

And when has the media EVER required veracity for anything they’ve reported? Russia? Trump’s taxes? Comments he allegedly made about the military? All the “anonymous sources” and “secret whistleblowers”?

Veracity? Hahahaa. Nice try.

Veracity :lol: :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

None of this even matters, in 24 hours from now Trump will have been handed a crushing defeat and we’ll be readying EDIT
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

greeneyed wrote: November 3, 2020, 9:01 pm Reputable journalists have a responsibility not to spread lies. Not to publish material that does not have veracity.

What about the blatant lies Joe Biden told?

Remember when he promised he would reveal his stance on court packing prior to the election? LIE
Remember when he said he would end fracking and then during the debate he denied he said it? LIE
Remember when he said 250 million people died of Covid? LIE
Remember when he denied calling Trump a xenophobe in relation to Trump closing the China border? LIE
Remember when he said he would defund police and then later said he wouldn’t ? LIE
The list is endless. In fact Joe Biden has a history of lying and plagiarism. Look it up.

They all lie dude :D . You seriously think only Trump lies? Bwahahahaha!

As for whether votes get counted after election or not, that is up to the individual states to determine, the President cannot control this. However what the Office of the Presidency can control is how stacking the non partisan supreme court with ultra progressive judges because you dont like conservatives. And threatening to add new states to America. And throwing away the filibuster so you can ram your ideological platform through. They are the true hallmarks of Tyranny, not some tweets the president did.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

If I were you I'd be prepared for the results to look pretty pro-Trump early on, as a result of many Republicans being ideologically opposed to postal voting. We'll find out to what extent the difference is between the voting methods, but be aware early results may not tell the full picture.

(side note: let's not debate the legitimacy of postal votes, please. This thread is exhausting enough without going there)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wow, just wow.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Welcome back crusher

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

greeneyed wrote: November 3, 2020, 10:06 pm Wow, just wow.
Veracity :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Waking up to this news is fantastic. Like I’ve said all along, people aren’t turning out in record numbers to vote FOR Trump

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Trump is like your drunk uncle gibbering nonsense in the corner at Christmas lunch. Sure he's entertaining for a few hours but you wouldn't trust him to carve the turkey because he'd probably cut off his own arm at the elbow. You wouldn't leave your wife or daughter alone with him for more than a couple of minutes. And you sure as **** wouldn't depend on him to run a **** country.

But anyway, not sure why Australians get so worked up about their election.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote: November 4, 2020, 5:23 am Waking up to this news is fantastic. Like I’ve said all along, people aren’t turning out in record numbers to vote FOR Trump

Wish I had your confidence mate, rayden is demonstrating the gullibility that has me concerned if enough Americans share it.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

rayden83 wrote: November 3, 2020, 7:24 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: November 3, 2020, 6:27 pm Quality banter Rayden, credit to you. :lol:

In all seriousness though, there have been some real characters in American politics over the years but Trump clearly takes the cake as the biggest **** of them all. Scarily this idiot has the nuclear codes at his fingertips, but thankfully the eyes of the world are sharply focussed on his antics.

Couldn't be bothered explaining why he's such a threat to global security and the welfare of your average American. Everyone other than Rayden have done a good job of that already.
Yeah the armchair experts on here have really nailed foreign policy. :roll:

The biggest threat to America is Biden is mistaking the nuclear button for the nurse button. He is worse than gaffe machine, he’s in the early stages of dementia, he will be lucky to see out a term.

What happened to all the doomsday predictions about Trump starting a nuclear war and ending the world? Instead he defeated Isis, withdrawn the military from the ME, tempered hostilities with NK, and negotiated several peace deals between Israel and Islamic countries. Can you imagine of Obama achieved any of this? He would be hailed as a saint, awarded Time person of the year and bombarded with Nobel Peace prizes. It’s a different standard for Democrats and Republicans.

The left cannot bring themselves to admit anything good or successful about Trump and his administration. He is a bad man and everything he does and says is bad. And if the does something good they’ll credit Obama for it. It’s both hilarious and sad at the same time. They don’t have any rational arguments against Trump so they resort to fake Russian scandals
or calling him names like racist and nazi, or sending out their lemmings in antifa to whip up racial hysteria.
Defeated ISIS did he? :lol: 90% of the work done against Islamic State was achieved under the previous administration. Thankfully the US military was able to secure a few extra towns in Iraq before Trump withdrew them. Who knows what will escalate in that area again in the near future, unfortunately the eyes of the world aren't focussed on that as they are now more concerned about the rapidly escalating situation between the US and China.

The North Korean situation is a poor example as he simply managed to temper hostilities that he created.

The peace deals between Israel and the Arab states were largely achieved on the back of military trade agreements with the US, so Trump has basically set up significantly worse conflicts between those countries in the future.

Anyway, your position is clear. I think it's misguided, but you are welcome to your views. I'm afraid his lies and false claims have got you hook, line and sinker. His approach is divisive and the chaos he has that country in is actually quite sad (and scary) to see.

I dearly hope his meanness, and personal greed don't win out. I'm quietly confident they won't.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Re: The Politics Thread 2020ndin

Post by rayden83 »

Seiffert82 wrote: November 4, 2020, 6:48 am
rayden83 wrote: November 3, 2020, 7:24 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: November 3, 2020, 6:27 pm Quality banter Rayden, credit to you. :lol:

In all seriousness though, there have been some real characters in American politics over the years but Trump clearly takes the cake as the biggest **** of them all. Scarily this idiot has the nuclear codes at his fingertips, but thankfully the eyes of the world are sharply focussed on his antics.

Couldn't be bothered explaining why he's such a threat to global security and the welfare of your average American. Everyone other than Rayden have done a good job of that already.
Yeah the armchair experts on here have really nailed foreign policy. :roll:

The biggest threat to America is Biden is mistaking the nuclear button for the nurse button. He is worse than gaffe machine, he’s in the early stages of dementia, he will be lucky to see out a term.

What happened to all the doomsday predictions about Trump starting a nuclear war and ending the world? Instead he defeated Isis, withdrawn the military from the ME, tempered hostilities with NK, and negotiated several peace deals between Israel and Islamic countries. Can you imagine of Obama achieved any of this? He would be hailed as a saint, awarded Time person of the year and bombarded with Nobel Peace prizes. It’s a different standard for Democrats and Republicans.

The left cannot bring themselves to admit anything good or successful about Trump and his administration. He is a bad man and everything he does and says is bad. And if the does something good they’ll credit Obama for it. It’s both hilarious and sad at the same time. They don’t have any rational arguments against Trump so they resort to fake Russian scandals
or calling him names like racist and nazi, or sending out their lemmings in antifa to whip up racial hysteria.
Defeated ISIS did he? :lol: 90% of the work done against Islamic State was achieved under the previous administration. Thankfully the US military was able to secure a few extra towns in Iraq before Trump withdrew them. Who knows what will escalate in that area again in the near future, unfortunately the eyes of the world aren't focussed on that as they are now more concerned about the rapidly escalating situation between the US and China.

The North Korean situation is a poor example as he simply managed to temper hostilities that he created.

The peace deals between Israel and the Arab states were largely achieved on the back of military trade agreements with the US, so Trump has basically set up significantly worse conflicts between those countries in the future.

Anyway, your position is clear. I think it's misguided, but you are welcome to your views. I'm afraid his lies and false claims have got you hook, line and sinker. His approach is divisive and the chaos he has that country in is actually quite sad (and scary) to see.

I dearly hope his meanness, and personal greed don't win out. I'm quietly confident they won't.
Haaahah well isn’t that surprising, taking positives and turning them into negatives, or giving the credit elsewhere. It’s just what nasty leftists do, they cannot bring themselves to admit that Trump has done ANYTHING positive, so they’ll twist the facts to suit their Trump derangement, but I guess that understandable given the wall to wall negative anti Trump indoctrination, gaslighting and brainwashing for four years straight.

Trump’s “meaness”? :lol: Are you kidding? The left are the Kings of Mean. You cannot “come out” as a conservative these days, without severe damage to your reputation, employability, threats of being demonetised or outright cancelled. Free speech does not exist anymore, except on anonymous internet forums where you can hide your identity. Compared to the Left Trump is Mother Theresa.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Comparing Trump to Mother Theresa is about the only accurate thing you’ve said, she was a sadistic bitch who took pleasure in the suffering of others.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Today's the day people
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Early indications are a Biden win in a relatively close contest.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Congratulations America, they’ve just elected their first out of the closet QAnon follower to the senate.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Early votes making up a big number of the preliminary counts, which have favoured Biden. As counting progresses we see Trump closing the gap and going ahead in some states. Sportsbet live odds has Trump 1.33 and Biden 3.00.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Biden out to 3.75 now. I've had a little wager at that price. The trend is saying Trump but its still close.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Trumps got this

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-TW- wrote: November 4, 2020, 1:16 pm Trumps got this

No he hasn't. Nickman clearly told us the record number of voters were NOT voting for Trump.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

-TW- wrote: November 4, 2020, 1:16 pm Trumps got this

Yep and America is ****
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Don't be too sure just yet, my feline friends... hold the course.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Outside of the gh, what is the best source to follow this election result?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm watching the map on google, if you search for us election it's the top banner

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sid, I've been following along here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng- ... n-democrat

And there's a handy "do it yourself" predictor here:

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/e ... d-your-own
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The people of Florida have again let down the world.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Looks like it’s another four years of Trump.

The Biden path is getting very narrow.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It’s not over yet, Ferg

Have a little faith in the good people of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin and their tremendous postal system
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's over.. especially if you're relying on postal votes

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: November 4, 2020, 2:08 pm It's over.. especially if you're relying on postal votes

In a normal election... but Democrats are the ones voting early and by post, due to the fact that they are aiming to do the right thing on coronavirus.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Betting is levelling up again. Trump 1.68 Biden 2.25
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

On a positive note we’ll no longer have Nickman pretending he’s awesome at predicting elections.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote: November 4, 2020, 2:32 pm On a positive note we’ll no longer have Nickman pretending he’s awesome at predicting elections.
Think you might've spoken too soon, old friend. Sleepy Joe clawing back up off the canvas here.

This one's a long way from over.