Storm 13+
5%

Total votes: 19

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2020 Finals Week 3 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by Northern Raider »

Yeah Storm squad really hated having to spend their winter at the Sunshine Coast instead of Melbourne.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:So which team/s had to travel more than the Raiders?
Here’s the kicker.

Alphabet should shut the hell up until he answers this.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:44 pm
cat wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:31 pm
afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:27 pm I think this is just a rehash of the lame, old, time-honoured ref whinges.

Why haven't we come off best, or, why hasn't everyone else been 'dudded' like we perceive to have been.Think that pretty much nails it.
Mate either show me a team apart from the warriors who have had it tougher then the raiders or change the record

Melbourne got to play at home before relocating, then got to play 30min up the road They were also able to bring their families up to Queensland

They also have a resort, with a pool and the lesser bubble restrictions

The raiders only get to see their family that live in their house, can't visit each other, play golf etc
Storm. They've been relocated for nearly months. We were affected for only five rounds. Knights couldn't play at home. Gold Coast didn't play at Robina for five weeks. And before you start with the distance travelled in total, we aren't losing that either.

Again, Sticky's got his reasons for using it as an excuse since he has an agenda to run, we don't. Measures were put in place to get the game under way safely amidst a once in a lifetime pandemic, and we were affected for five weeks more than three months ago. The excuse is Bull.
Show me 1 team that has travelled more then us?

And the storm are happy to be up in Queensland , I have already explained that they have a freer bubble life then us and have their families up there

So please show me a team that travelled more then us
You are yet to do that cause you can't

So either support the team and recognise what they have achieved having over come more then any other team or use real stats to show we are wrong
Vaccinated
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

What are you basing the Raiders having travelled the most or close to it? I'd like to know what you're basing your belief off, if it isn't a consistent Sticky whinge.

I don't believe we would've travelled the furthest distance in the comp this season, simply by virtue of our geographical location. Perhaps you're trying to cherry pick a small segment of the season to base your whinge off.

What you seem to be arguing and whinging about is the number of times we've had to travel away from home. This period being whinged about lasted five weeks. Three months ago. Because the NRL had restarted the game with a limited amount of venues to meet strict criteria/conditions. I've already pointed out some teams who have also had to travel away from home a lot. Looks like you can also throw the Dragons in there too.

So unless you can put up and show the figures you're basing this weak excuse off and using it as fact, give it up and stop whinging.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Appreciate our defense more while watching these two go at it
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Don’t be stupid. You can’t use distance as the measurement for most traveled. Sydney to Brisbane by plane is much further in distance but much shorter in travel time.

Number of times you travel and conjunction with the time spent travelling to and from each game is a better measure to use.

According to independent media reports the team with the most difficult travel schedule has been the Raiders.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:07 pm What are you basing the Raiders having travelled the most or close to it? I'd like to know what you're basing your belief off, if it isn't a consistent Sticky whinge.

I don't believe we would've travelled the furthest distance in the comp this season, simply by virtue of our geographical location. Perhaps you're trying to cherry pick a small segment of the season to base your whinge off.

What you seem to be arguing and whinging about is the number of times we've had to travel away from home. This period being whinged about lasted five weeks. Three months ago. Because the NRL had restarted the game with a limited amount of venues to meet strict criteria/conditions. I've already pointed out some teams who have also had to travel away from home a lot. Looks like you can also throw the Dragons in there too.

So unless you can put up and show the figures you're basing this weak excuse off and using it as fact, give it up and stop whinging.
You are the one who disagrees with all of us, you prove your numbers!

Especially the dragons one! You are just being a goose there
Vaccinated
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

..... what are you basing your original claim on. This is not a matter of opinion. I'm trying to find the article I remember reading

I don't you believe you have any facts right now, and are basing this almost solely off Sticky whinging. Prove the basis of what you're arguing
Last edited by afgtnk on October 10, 2020, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

BJ wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:16 pm Don’t be stupid. You can’t use distance as the measurement for most traveled. Sydney to Brisbane by plane is much further in distance but much shorter in travel time.

Number of times you travel and conjunction with the time spent travelling to and from each game is a better measure to use.

According to independent media reports the team with the most difficult travel schedule has been the Raiders.
Thank you bj, you talk sense
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:18 pm ..... what are you basing your original claim on
The hours travelled each game day

I will give you a hint, we do 7hrs ( 3.5 each way) when we play anz, bankwest, scg etc

6hrs for Campbelltown

Now off you trot and show me a team who has travelled more
Vaccinated
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

How many NSW flights did we do in that time?

Again, put up something to support what you're all taking as fact, these 'independent reports', or give up your whinge
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:23 pm How many NSW flights did we do in that time?

Again, put up something support what you're taking as fact, these 'independent reports', or give up your whinge
Mate i have given you the facts, everyone else disagrees with you

Give us your facts or bugger off
Vaccinated
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You’re on your own. Propose a damn team that’s travelled more or shut up.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

What facts :lol:

The onus is on you to prove to the claim you're making. I'm disputing your claim

PROVE it
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:59 pm
Northern Raider wrote:So which team/s had to travel more than the Raiders?
Here’s the kicker.

Alphabet should shut the hell up until he answers this.
Don't hold your breath
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2020 Finals Week 3 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by gangrenous »

afgtnk wrote:What facts :lol:

The onus is on you to prove to the claim you're making. I'm disputing your claim

PROVE it
In the thread the claim appears to be travelling 12 weeks with minimum 6 hour round trip.

Now as I say. Name a team with more, show that those numbers are wrong, or shut up.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

And we've had a NUMBER of chartered flights to NSW, meaning that travel time is not meeting your made up minimum six hour time claim, yet you're counting these games as such. A simple Google search will show you that.

I've put up teams who have had a number of games away from home. Back up your claim with some fact, anything, or stop **** whinging.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You lose
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

10 people arguing against, not one can prove the thing they've taken as fact - yet a whole argument is being based around it.

The refs are also against us ay? Bloody refs hate us, always duddin' the poor old Raiders - it's fact! We also can't become successful either because of TPA's and no one wants to come to Canberra - fact!

Idiots
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Name a team that has more travel time than the Raiders.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

:lol: :lol: bloke's worse than a haemorrhoid aye. I'm off to bed look forward to catching up on this in the morning
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Not sure of exact numbers but I think we only flew the 1 hour flight, another 75 minutes or so from landing to Playing ground arrival to Sydney three times during the regular season.

Even Brandy thought we had the toughest game day travel schedule of any team.

I think we all agree Warriors have faced the toughest season due to Covid.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Here is a run down of the Raiders travel for the season

Rd 1 Canberra
Rd 2 Gold Coast
Rd 3 Melbourne
Rd 4 Sydney
Rd 5 Sydney (fly in with delay getting back into Canberra)
Rd 6 Sydney
Rd 7 Sydney (fly in )
Rd 8 Canberra
Rd 9 Canberra
Rd 10 Sydney (fly in)
Rd 11 Canberra
Rd 12 North Queensland (fly in)
Rd 13 Sydney
Rd 14 Canberra
Rd 15 Gold Coast
Rd 16 Canberra
Rd 17 Canberra
Rd 18 Wollongong
Rd 19 Canberra
Rd 20 Sydney

Not sure on how many flights into Sydney after Rd 10. Name a team who travelled longer than that.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders might not have travelled more kilometres than some other teams. I doubt they have. But I’d doubt that the Raiders have travelled to more games in 2020 and there’d be few who have spent more time in transit.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:43 pm Name a team that has more travel time than the Raiders.
Sure - Titans, Broncos, Cowboys. That's the minimum.

Let's break it down.

On resumption, we had the Storm in Melbourne. Flight.

Next round started our first of two away 'home games'. Believe the first was chartered flight. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/off-to ... 55c7d.html

Then next week 'away', bus to Campbelltown.

Week after also Campbelltown at 'home', seems we elected not to fly because we rathered the bus. Can't be an excuse, we had the option.

Away next game at Bankwest, bus.

After that we're back at home and play seven games there. Roosters game away we have a flight. Same with the Dragons away. There may be more. We do two trips one trip to GC one to NQ, three to Syd, one to Wollongong on resumption.

On resumption:

Gold Coast: One trip NQ, one trip to Sunshine Coast, six trips to Sydney, three games at Suncorp

Brisbane: Three trips to Central Coast, four trips to Sydney, one trip to Canberra, one to Gold Coast

Nth QLD: Four trips to Sydney, one to Central Coast, one to Newcastle, one to Brisbane, one to Sunshine Coast, one to Gold Coast

You 'lose', unless you can prove what a number of your have taken as fact - something I've now asked for repeatedly which you can't seem to provide.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Canberra played 8 games in Canberra 12 games out of Canberra. No other teams allocated home ground was further away from where they were staying than Canberra. Even if Canberra flew in for a couple of games the time taken flying in was longer than the time to travel to allocated home grounds for those teams relocated.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2020 Finals Week 3 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by gangrenous »

Is your argument that 3 teams with 11, 9 and 9 travelling games are above 12? Have I got that right?

Someone bring this man a calculator?

I mean all this stuff about flights is meaningless fluff. The Raiders chose to go by bus because the time and impact on the players was viewed as similar/less. Otherwise they wouldn’t have done it you clown. How do you reckon the Qld teams got to their games? Rode penguins?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Taking a bus to Campbelltown because there was minimal difference in transit time to a flight. Each trip to Sydney was on average 5-6 hours transit time when you factor in the flights and bus trips. Brisbane to Sydney is on average 5-6 hours transit time via plane. You're confusing distance and travel time.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Traveling isn't the reason for any of our losses or looking flat, it's all on our captain isn't it?

Not sure how alphabet can blame everything that's wrong in the universe on a couple players he has a hard on for yet external factors that are actually measurable and would obviously cause issues, nup, can't be that at all!

Anyway, we might lose out on our '91 revenge at this rate, the Rabbits looked kinda OK for at least half that game, could upset Penrith which would be awesome overall. Penrith just seem to have our number.

Either way, I would LOVE to be the ones who bring an early end to Cameron Smiths career so lets focus there first :)

Same team that actually ran out (Starling was originally listed at #9 but started from the bench).

We had no charges, no injuries listed either that I've been able to find. Horsburgh was due back a couple weeks ago might be fit but can we risk him coming in so undercooked? Also who would we drop for him? Hopefully he is fit, QLD need some players who aren't on crutches.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

So basically, what you guys are reaaaaally whinging about here, can ONLY be whinging about, because nothing else form even a remotely plausible excuse or argument, is two home games being taken away to Campbelltown in a three week period.

That's it. That's all that we were 'dudded' for. And one was a chartered flight, which I believe to be in both directions, as per the link above.

Therefore, to wrap what you've just been served, if you want to use two home games moved to **** Campbelltown as proof positive that we've done it so hard this season, the only abnormality that we have faced this season in terms of travel as a result of the pandemic, when there's a team that's relocated from another countries, one to another state, and another bunch with naturally larger travel distances and times, you're an absolute **** clown.
Last edited by afgtnk on October 10, 2020, 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:23 pm
gangrenous wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:07 pm
afgtnk wrote:Could be the teams that have naturally longer travel distances than us on usual basis.

Then you've got teams like Melbourne stuck at in one place, haven't been home or played at home in months, family uprooted and with limited support network. We really haven't had it that bad.
Could be? Which teams were those exactly?

Melbourne had it tough being relocated no doubt. But I reckon they’d all consider that a pretty big win in the end having spent the pandemic on the Sunshine Coast instead of a serious lockdown at home.

All clubs were in a bubble and without support networks, so that’s also a fairly lame argument.
It was literally only five rounds where we couldn't play at home dude, between rounds three and seven. Five. And that was over three months ago. Sticky's making it out like we've had to go to Antarctica every week for 12 months by paddle boat, and the fans are eating it up.

Sunshine Coast or not, we don't have anywhere near the same right to complain as any team that has been relocated. Not even close.
I did the maths of us vs Parra travel times earlier in the year. From club base to airport/bus/transit to the ground return for the season.

I can’t find the exact figures now, but we spent 7 x more hours in transit this year than Parra.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

gangrenous wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:18 pm Is your argument that 3 teams with 11, 9 and 9 travelling games are above 12? Have I got that right?

Someone bring this man a calculator?

I mean all this stuff about flights is meaningless fluff. The Raiders chose to go by bus because the time and impact on the players was viewed as similar/less. Otherwise they wouldn’t have done it you clown. How do you reckon the Qld teams got to their games? Rode penguins?
Oooft.

This is tragic stuff from you, really. Thinking the Raiders have been punished hardest by the big bad NRL because we had to take two games to Campbelltown. Imagine that :lol:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Ultima wrote: Anyway, we might lose out on our '91 revenge at this rate, the Rabbits looked kinda OK for at least half that game, could upset Penrith which would be awesome overall. Penrith just seem to have our number.
No problem, switch in Souths Semi Final ‘12 revenge. It’s fresher anyway Image
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:09 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:43 pm Name a team that has more travel time than the Raiders.
Sure - Titans, Broncos, Cowboys. That's the minimum.

Let's break it down.

On resumption, we had the Storm in Melbourne. Flight.

Next round started our first of two away 'home games'. Believe the first was chartered flight. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/off-to ... 55c7d.html

Then next week 'away', bus to Campbelltown.

Week after also Campbelltown at 'home', seems we elected not to fly because we rathered the bus. Can't be an excuse, we had the option.

Away next game at Bankwest, bus.

After that we're back at home and play seven games there. Roosters game away we have a flight. Same with the Dragons away. There may be more. We do two trips one trip to GC one to NQ, three to Syd, one to Wollongong on resumption.

On resumption:

Gold Coast: One trip NQ, one trip to Sunshine Coast, six trips to Sydney, three games at Suncorp

Brisbane: Three trips to Central Coast, four trips to Sydney, one trip to Canberra, one to Gold Coast

Nth QLD: Four trips to Sydney, one to Central Coast, one to Newcastle, one to Brisbane, one to Sunshine Coast, one to Gold Coast

You 'lose', unless you can prove what a number of your have taken as fact - something I've now asked for repeatedly which you can't seem to provide.
All of the Queensland teams that travelled to NSW flew in and all of the flights were shorter in travel time than Canberra travelling from Canberra to Sydney by bus. Plus the Cowboys and Broncos played 2 additional home games than Canberra. Titans played 2 home games at Suncorp which is a shorter trip than Canberra to Sydney.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Sorry, wrong number, I’ve tracked it down now.

Raiders travel time 2020 (regular season only) was 72.25 hours.

Parra as above was a total of 18.45 hours.

Now given not only did we have a significant amount of extra travel, but that return leg was immediately after the match when we should have been recovering, that’s a HUGE disadvantage.