Roosters 13+
11%

Total votes: 9

Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2020 Finals Week 2 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Pete Cash »

All three edge players made an error on Manu in that try. It happens and Manu is an excellent player and we won so it's no big thing but there was some blame for everyone on the left lol. We just have to focus on shutting the storms edge down next week.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Still buzzzzzzingggggg!!!!💚💚
Damoni
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Too Easy

2020 Finals Week 2 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Damoni »

Re Whitehead outside of the miss on Manu his one on one defence just seems to be getting better

In attack he has made some uncharacteristic errors with the ball the last few weeks, his error count would be getting up there
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I just want to say - very proud to be a Raiders fan ! I was so nervous in the last 20 mins. Even in the last 2 mins !

Proud of all the boys. Tapine most improved player. Papa is a beast. CNK - could not understand the criticism he was getting. What a tackle on Morris. Young - getting better and better. Undroppable now even when Horse and Guler and Sutton come back next year. Matured. Semi- more and more confident and some strong runs. GWilliams - great short kicking game and support play. Jack - in the form of his life, better than Munster. Love his left foot step.

Don't be satisfied until we win this. We are right in it.

Great the see how our reserves were so happy for us - Timoko and Kai at the end

All praise to Ricky !

UP THE RAIDERS!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:I just want to say - very proud to be a Raiders fan ! I was so nervous in the last 20 mins. Even in the last 2 mins !

Proud of all the boys. Tapine most improved player. Papa is a beast. CNK - could not understand the criticism he was getting. What a tackle on Morris. Young - getting better and better. Undroppable now even when Horse and Guler and Sutton come back next year. Matured. Semi- more and more confident and some strong runs. GWilliams - great short kicking game and support play. Jack - in the form of his life, better than Munster. Love his left foot step.

All praise to Ricky !

UP THE RAIDERS!
Mate when we got the ball back with 15 Seconds to go, I was still saying to Mrs Fui “Ok, we might just have this...”
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Oh my god. What a night.

Words can't describe how proud I am of them. For all my bravado comments about us playing to opponents' levels resulting in last week's first half, I was really worried. And I needn't have been. The fire and energy we came out onto the field with was almost unbelievable - like it was a different team entirely.

I want to put in a huge plug for Hudson Young. He was absolutely tremendous last night. This time last year I was thinking we probably should offload him after the two suspensions. He has repaid the club's faith tenfold.

Joe Tapine. What an absolute beast he has become. A year ago, he was either suspended or injured so often I was worried he was headed down the TPJ route. But this year, he's been completely reliable, cleaned up his game, and taken on a more mature role in our pack. That try was just a thing of beauty. His fends upgraded from the big "don't argue" to the big "get the **** out of my way!"

CNK. Oh, CNK. Every time I think I couldn't love him more, he does something else incredible. The gasps that went around the club when he could barely move said it all. And that try-saver on Morris - well, both try-savers! He was fantastic.

I could go on and on about every one of them. In the aftermath of that horrible Storm game, even I thought we were sunk. That our season would peter out into nothing after so much promise. That it would all prove to be too much to overcome.

And how did we start turning that around?

With a miracle win over the Roosters at the SCG, a game nobody gave us a single chance of winning.

No team has ever won the premiership from outside the top 4. But that's because no team has ever been this team. I fully believe we can. And I believe we will.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:04 am
Hong Kong Raider wrote:I just want to say - very proud to be a Raiders fan ! I was so nervous in the last 20 mins. Even in the last 2 mins !

All praise to Ricky !

UP THE RAIDERS!
Mate when we got the ball back with 15 Seconds to go, I was still saying to Mrs Fui “Ok, we might just have this...”
I wasn't secure until Cotric snaffled that kick with 2 seconds to go.

The roar that went up in the club when he did just about shook the roof!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

moto748 wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:29 am Funny thing about Tapine's try, good as it was, he only got the ball because a bludger of a pass went right over Williams' head and he picked it up. Roosters' defensive coach would not be impressed by that, though.
I think that's what made the try so good. He had to stop to gather up a bouncing ball and then take off. He went across field and picked out Keary before heading for the try line and then again left Keary and Morris in his wake. Just sensational. I know Keary took a knock early but his lack of commitment in defence would give the Blues Origin Coach something to think about/work on when he gets his squad into camp.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

The culture of the club won us the game. Simple as that.

Lets continue to play hard and compete on everything. 2 more.
moto748
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: George Williams

Post by moto748 »

RedRaider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:13 am
moto748 wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:29 am Funny thing about Tapine's try, good as it was, he only got the ball because a bludger of a pass went right over Williams' head and he picked it up. Roosters' defensive coach would not be impressed by that, though.
I think that's what made the try so good. He had to stop to gather up a bouncing ball and then take off. He went across field and picked out Keary before heading for the try line and then again left Keary and Morris in his wake. Just sensational. I know Keary took a knock early but his lack of commitment in defence would give the Blues Origin Coach something to think about/work on when he gets his squad into camp.
I think that's right. I'm sure Tapine wasn't thinking about scoring himself when he picked up the ball, but having beaten the first defender, Keary didn't do much of a job in defence. I've thought all season that the much-vaunted Roosters halves aren't as good as the Panthers pair, and Williams and Wighton were certainly more effective than them today. So for the Raiders to lift the title, they are probably going to have to beat what have generally been regarded as the best three teams in the comp. One down, two to go! Like all right-thinking league fans, I do not like the Melbourne Storm :D , so here's hoping!

And just by the way, I'll say what I always to Aussie fans: if you had to listen to the garbage we have to put up from Sky on SL games, you would never criticise any of the commentators; they are all light-years ahead of what we've got. I don't see Nine any more (used to, a few years ago), so don't hear Fittler.

And with a much improved performance, Wigan beat Warrington 18-14, Liam Farrell MoM with 64 tackles and the match-winning try! So a great day all round!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Just watched the game on TV. Seriously, how good was CNK at both ends of the park. His defence was absolutely outstanding.

He was also pushing up all night around the ruck. On top of running for almost 300m he must have run hundreds more supporting the ball carrier.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah that was easily Charnze's best game for us.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yep, they win that game if we dont have CNK.
Saved two tries against the Morris boys at LOOOOOONG odds and his work off our line and cleaning up kicks was tremendous all night
moto748
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: George Williams

Post by moto748 »

Some engine he has got on him!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart will be on ABC Canberra Grandstand in about 10 minutes.

You can listen via ABC Radio Canberra, 666 AM, and on line at www.abc.net.au/canberra
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart interview on ABC Canberra Grandstand:

Heart was in my mouth, felt like half of Canberra was at the stadium, lot of green at the SCG. Made a lot of noise. Don’t need to focus on the next game immediately. Important to take a moment to enjoy the win. Important to enjoy those moments, you don't play in finals every year, you don't play in big games every week. We took some moments to relax, make sure that we will have a relaxed start to the week, recover and rehabiliate. We need to be smart after a fast and intense game.

Made Preliminary Final three times in five years. It helps, the only way you get experience is by being there. Not so much the game, as the preparation. Being involved in the play offs, the players can open the door each day and know what's behind it.

Tuesday, Wednesday, we'll start to look at the Storm, work on that aspect of the game. Important to get physically prepared and mentally prepared. We've got a game we're comfortable with, we know our game. Important to get physically right to be able to perform it.

I moved into that game last night really confident that we can win. We had a session last Tuesday, I went home thinking we're right to go. I was confident we had a plan and a football team that we were right to go.

* This is a summary written as the interview was broadcast. It is not a transcript, but I attempt to use as many of the words and phrases used as I can. You can listen to a podcast of the show later this afternoon: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/p ... randstand/ It'll be at around the 15 minute mark.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

Thanks GE,How good does it feel to knock the rorters out?? Also did I hear Cronk say the rooters last night?
: :lol:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Thomas Raider wrote:Thanks GE,How good does it feel to knock the rorters out?? Also did I hear Cronk say the rooters last night?
You did. Mrs Fui was laughing last night about it
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Pete Cash wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:31 am All three edge players made an error on Manu in that try. It happens and Manu is an excellent player and we won so it's no big thing but there was some blame for everyone on the left lol. We just have to focus on shutting the storms edge down next week.
100%, plenty of blame to go around
Manu is a tremendous player and whilst Croker has typically done a superb job on him (see last game and the gf) he’s too good to get back too long
Eventually he’ll make his mark

Will not be a great time for Wighton, Croker or semi in the video session though
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:01 am
Thomas Raider wrote:Thanks GE,How good does it feel to knock the rorters out?? Also did I hear Cronk say the rooters last night?
You did. Mrs Fui was laughing last night about it
How funny,even their former players call them that :roflmao
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Watching the replay and wow the commentators are so fricking biased, it's ten times worse than usual :lol:

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raiderskater wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:35 am Watching the replay and wow the commentators are so fricking biased, it's ten times worse than usual :lol:
I’ve haven’t watched Nine’s coverage yet, but I’ve heard Brad Fittler say... ‘Stop it’ twice already when the Raiders did something good. Just in the highlights.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:41 am
raiderskater wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:35 am Watching the replay and wow the commentators are so fricking biased, it's ten times worse than usual :lol:
I’ve haven’t watched Nine’s coverage yet, but I’ve heard Brad Fittler say... ‘Stop it’ twice already when the Raiders did something good. Just in the highlights.

Heard that too but I dont think its stop it as in Raiders stop it ( bias talk ) but more like Stop it , thats just too good
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

moto748 wrote: October 10, 2020, 7:32 am OK, now I'm going to my recording of our game against Warrington. I am not optimistic. :lol:
Wigan got up!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Something that hasn't really been mentioned and IMO made us look like we had another dimension was John Bateman playing that roving role he did more often when we had Sezer who was more hemmed in on the right. It was a great bit of play to put CNK into the gap for the second try and that right to left cross field jig with players running onto the ball looked dangerous + takes pressure off Williams who's not a natural ball player compared to his running and short kicking.

I think the most worrying thing looking forward now to playing against 1 or 2 very well coached and structured teams is the long kicking and how often we're stuck on the left hand side of the field. Williams has a very good kicking game inside the opposition 25 but is very, very ordinary outside it. Him kicking from inside our own half should be last resort. And I actually think the 5th tackle shift for the centre to kick is a great ploy tbh and generally will get better results than a 30 metre Williams chip/drop punt in those situations.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:52 am

Heard that too but I dont think its stop it as in Raiders stop it ( bias talk ) but more like Stop it , thats just too good
That's exactly what he means. Too good.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: October 10, 2020, 12:27 pm

I might buy that if he said that in relation to any of the Roosters' play. Will see soon, as I'm about to watch it! ;)
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

This might sound silly to some, but I think Young could make the Qld squad.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Cranky Old Man wrote: October 10, 2020, 12:51 pm This might sound silly to some, but I think Young could make the Qld squad.
The silliest part of that is that he's from the Hunter Valley isn't he?
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GreenMachine wrote: October 9, 2020, 9:23 pm
afgtnk wrote: October 9, 2020, 9:14 pm That start was absolutely critical, and without it we don't win IMO. Huge marks to Papa and Taps for it
Agree.
Our bench will need to be better next week.
Agree with that.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

greeneyed wrote:
zim wrote: October 10, 2020, 12:27 pm
raiderskater wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:35 am Watching the replay and wow the commentators are so fricking biased, it's ten times worse than usual Image

I might buy that if he said that in relation to any of the Roosters' play. Will see soon, as I'm about to watch it! ;)
He said it in regards to a break Wighton made, who he is a massive fan of. He definitely was saying it positively.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

boomer
David Shillington

Post by boomer »

Cranky Old Man wrote: October 10, 2020, 12:51 pm This might sound silly to some, but I think Young could make the Qld squad.
Look, I guess GI played for qld. So anything is possible.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Roaming Elliott is back! Hear from the England international as he interviewed his teammates in the sheds following last night's win over the Roosters at the SCG: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/10 ... -roosters/

VIDEO: CNK puts on defensive masterclass against Roosters: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/10/cnk ... -roosters/

MATCH GALLERY: Raiders v Roosters: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/r ... st#license

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/10 ... -roosters/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Still happy..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I watched the game on Kayo last night and Brandy was poor. I reckon he sees us as a genuine threat to his Panthers. We have a maximum of 2 more games this season. With similar commitment to last night .... We got this.