Canberra Raiders announce Canberra Milk as new major sponsor for 2021

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: Canberra Raiders announce Canberra Milk as new major sponsor for 2021

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

We should switch back to the full blue collars. Imagine Round 1 vs the Storm, Bellamy would probably have figured out a way for players to be decapitated using the collar in a manner he could debate the legality of.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

As a marketing person, please don't badmouth "marketing people".

This type of thing usually only exists because the club/sponsor has asked for it.

Now I'm off to get a latte in my BMW 3 series convertible.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Probably a good opportunity for them to establish some kind of fan consultation in the process too for future releases, before deciding to release **** like this. No self-respecting Raiders fan would wear it.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

I like all of the designs but given the push for the return of Milk this would be a massive ooof if we're not going with the traditional design.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I love all three jerseys and personally don’t care if the modern blue and green one is the one we end up wearing the most!
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

hrundi89 wrote:As a marketing person, please don't badmouth "marketing people".

This type of thing usually only exists because the club/sponsor has asked for it.

That was my first thoughts, CCA have had a big input into the design

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

hrundi89 wrote: September 29, 2020, 9:54 am As a marketing person, please don't badmouth "marketing people".

As a guy who works on Projects, I feel you. Project Managers always get caned when the project doesn't deliver, but no one stops to think the biggest part of the success/failure are the SMEs that get pulled onto the Project. Blame the people who were consulted, not the people being asked to find out whats wanted.

FWIW - I would prefer the new logo on the Green Jersey. I think the black "Splat" pops well on the Green
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-TW- wrote:
hrundi89 wrote:As a marketing person, please don't badmouth "marketing people".

That was my first thoughts, CCA have had a big input into the design

or do isc have the input?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

Well the "marketing people" are likely from ISC, Raiders and Capital Foods.

The designer(s) are likely from ISC, and designing based on either a specific request/concept or from a range of ideas they already have in their back pockets.

It's up to the Raiders and likely Capital Food to sign off on the designs however.

I was part of the WT jersey team for 2008 (I managed the Centenary program for the club) and this is how it worked with X-Blades.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just to let everyone know, I had a call from the club this afternoon on some of the issues people have raised on the 2021 jerseys in this thread and via emails and other comments from social media. Be assured they are reading your communications and views.

Just as background, the NRL require all clubs to have a home and away jersey and an alternate.

The away jersey basically has to be white or grey (that's an NRL requirement). The Raiders only clash with the Rabbitohs (for some reason, the NRL seems to think we also clash with the Titans)... so we can probably expect it won't be worn much. The marketing research apparently shows women, in particular, like the light coloured jerseys... so they are good a merchandise product that is popular with half the population.

The all green heritage jersey... the club knows that will be by far the largest seller. Be assured that they are ordering plenty... it is the bulk of their merchandise order. You can also expect that you will see the heritage jersey worn on plenty of occasions at home. It doesn't sound like it will be worn as a one off, as has been the case with heritage jerseys in the past. The actual home jersey (with the blue shoulders) will also no doubt be worn plenty too (including at away games).

As in recent years, all clubs are required to have an Indigenous jersey and by the sounds there will be another charity jersey next year too. Both are coming.

So in short, expect to see the team in the iconic 94 "replica" a fair bit, by the sounds.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote:Just to let everyone know, I had a call from the club this afternoon on some of the issues people have raised on the 2021 jerseys in this thread and via emails and other comments from social media. Be assured they are reading your communications and views.

Just as background, the NRL require all clubs to have a home and away jersey and an alternate.

The away jersey basically has to be white or grey (that's an NRL requirement). The Raiders only clash with the Rabbitohs (for some reason, the NRL seems to think we also clash with the Titans)... so we can probably expect it won't be worn much. The marketing research apparently shows women, in particular, like the light coloured jerseys... so they are good a merchandise product that is popular with half the population.

The all green heritage jersey... the club knows that will be by far the largest seller. Be assured that they are ordering plenty... it is the bulk of their merchandise order. You can also expect that you will see the heritage jersey worn on plenty of occasions at home. It doesn't sound like it will be worn as a one off, as has been the case with heritage jerseys in the past. The actual home jersey (with the blue shoulders) will also no doubt be worn plenty too (including at away games).

As in recent years, all clubs are required to have an Indigenous jersey and by the sounds there will be another charity jersey next year too. Both are coming.

So in short, expect to see the team in the iconic 94 "replica" a fair bit, by the sounds.
That's all good news! Makes sense, particularly wearing the heritage jersey numerous times.

FWIW I quite like our home jersey! Has the best coloured green (lime) and the logo looks awesome on it!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

greeneyed wrote: September 29, 2020, 5:51 pm
This sounds right — the first and only jersey I was allowed to have as a kid was the white Canberra Milk one, because mum thought that was more feminine, or something. Now I buy my own and I’m all about the green.

Also very pleased to hear we’ll be seeing plenty of the old school design on the field!
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

greeneyed wrote: September 29, 2020, 5:51 pm Just to let everyone know, I had a call from the club this afternoon on some of the issues people have raised on the 2021 jerseys in this thread and via emails and other comments from social media. Be assured they are reading your communications and views.

Thanks GE. So much for your ‘don’t overestimate my influence’ humility!
Hopefully predominantly in the Green heritage and the others for away games/special rounds etc.
Anything else is a huge mistake and I stand by the comments that it will make a great decision look like a terrible one quick smart if they don’t ‘go the green’.
I hope the club people really do understand this and we use the green jersey predominantly as our home go-to etc
#TheFansHaveSpoken
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

Brilliant news. I'm glad they pay attention.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

That’s good news General. These are the sort of scoops you get when a Mod has a direct line to Donny.

Any news on when the jerseys will be ready to order?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I did not speak to Don...

Part of the motivation in going to Canberra Milk for 2021, as I understand it, was the fact that merchandise orders need to be made now... so I presume that it'll be the same time as previous years (from memory, they come before Christmas, don't they?)

Looks like there is a good deal of interest in the major sponsorship for 2022 (and ongoing)... but those deals take longer to settle.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: September 29, 2020, 5:51 pm The marketing research apparently shows women, in particular, like the light coloured jerseys... so they are good a merchandise product that is popular with half the population.
Ai, I need to help correct their views. Green is the only in colour.

Seriously though, I see so many women at our home games in green. I wonder where they get those marketing research results?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

From the market i assume.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I hope the classic jersey gets a lot of wear. The main jersey is one of the worst Raiders jerseys I’ve ever seen.

Whoever designed it should be sent to China with Huwai.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Curious to see what the shorts and back of the jersey will look like!

Edit: and the socks!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: September 29, 2020, 5:51 pm Just to let everyone know, I had a call from the club this afternoon on some of the issues people have raised on the 2021 jerseys in this thread and via emails and other comments from social media. Be assured they are reading your communications and views.

Great to hear.

Btw my wife loves the heritage jersey and hates the "new one", her and a few of her local female friends she has converted into league fans here in Singapore also feel the same- some even emailed the club this week :thumbsup

Up the Milk.
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by Robert the Bruce »

I think the club needs to understand that our away strip should always be the inverted-colours white jersey that we used, well we have used it allot and it works..i'd say it's our second most iconic jersey behind the classic green jersey. I'd love a bit of consistency on that front.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

GE: oh, I have no influence with the club

Also GE: just got off the phone with Don Furner, he’s listening to our complaints, keep it up, lads.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Nickman wrote:GE: oh, I have no influence with the club

Also GE: just got off the phone with Don Furner, he’s listening to our complaints, keep it up, lads.
What GE tells us: I just got off the phone with Don Furner. The club is listening to our complaints

What actually happened: I rang Don on our private line. I told him to fix this **** mess because it’s making us look like **** ****. I reminded him they owed me one after I let them borrow my **** jet to fly back and forth from **** Campbell****town. The call was wrapped up with me reminding him who runs this **** town and to get this Jersey **** done already

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
The Nickman wrote:GE: oh, I have no influence with the club

What GE tells us: I just got off the phone with Don Furner. The club is listening to our complaints

What actually happened: I rang Don on our private line. I told him to fix this **** mess because it’s making us look like **** ****. I reminded him they owed me one after I let them borrow my **** jet to fly back and forth from **** Campbell****town. The call was wrapped up with me reminding him who runs this **** town and to get this Jersey **** done already
GE hangs up the phone, Don says “who the **** was that? Does anyone know a *checks notes* ‘Fergus’?”
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hey Fui..

That's exactly how it went down.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Surely GE sidestepped Don and went to the top man, Bob T?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: September 30, 2020, 7:29 am Surely GE sidestepped Don and went to the top man, Bob T?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Hahaha I doubt even GE himself has a direct line to Turno.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

A lot of love for a white away strip. I'm not fussed on any of our white jerseys. In my opinion if we keep the home strip the traditional style and green the away strip can take the form of the other two dished up this week.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The only time we SHOULD play in an away jersey is when we leave Canberra to play Souths. That’s it

It’s stupid how much we wear an away strip
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The Nickman wrote: September 30, 2020, 1:57 pm The only time we SHOULD play in an away jersey is when we leave Canberra to play Souths. That’s it

Yeah, we really don't clash with anyone other than Souths.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

We seem to clash with some of the refs.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:The only time we SHOULD play in an away jersey is when we leave Canberra to play Souths. That’s it

I was told a while back that the different strips were to assist colourblind people as if you have two solid coloured jerseys they are unable to tell the difference

Now that could be total crap, but it kind of makes sense

viking
Brett Mullins

Post by viking »

-TW- wrote: September 30, 2020, 7:07 pm
The Nickman wrote:The only time we SHOULD play in an away jersey is when we leave Canberra to play Souths. That’s it

I was told a while back that the different strips were to assist colourblind people as if you have two solid coloured jerseys they are unable to tell the difference

That's how I always understood it.the nrl doesn't call them "home" or "away" they refer to them as a light and dark strip,so every match someone wears their "light" strip and the other will wear their "dark" strip.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

viking wrote: September 30, 2020, 8:50 pm
-TW- wrote: September 30, 2020, 7:07 pm

That's how I always understood it.the nrl doesn't call them "home" or "away" they refer to them as a light and dark strip,so every match someone wears their "light" strip and the other will wear their "dark" strip.
That seems to apply to every team but the Rabbitohs. The only difference between their jerseys seems to be one has a white rabbit and the other has a black rabbit... and some black or white trim. Disgraceful the NRL has not pulled them up on it. When they play us in Canberra it’s hard to distinguish the teams.