Sharks 13+
7%

Total votes: 15

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2020 Rd 20 V Sharks: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gangrenous »

RedRaider wrote:
Botman wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:33 pm If they're not happy, they dont have to be involved and the best media product in australia sport will find other partners and the world will keep spinning
Rugby League as a game would go on. Largely thanks to local volunteers. But without the sponsors the players would not be as well paid and football operations including medical/rehab support would be greatly diminished. The game without sponsors would likely revert to semi-professional and not full time professional. Future sponsors would be no different in wanting the best players to be on display for competition rounds. Funding for future development would dry up without sponsors. Imo sponsors are vital for the ongoing health of the game.
He didn’t say they’d go on without money. He said they’d find someone else with money.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: 2020 Rd 20 V Sharks: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm so happy for Sammy to get a chance to captain the club. The guy bleeds green through and through
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

gangrenous wrote: September 23, 2020, 6:17 am
Raiders666 wrote:So what happens if Souths beat Roosters? Everyone is assuming we match up against The Eels In wk 2 of the finals...
Think you’re in the wrong finals system. Souths don’t play Roosters.

If Raiders finish 5th and win and Parra lose to Penrith then no other results matter. They play Parra.
If Souths win this Week and Parra win...Roosters
Will finish 4th
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I back Stuart on this, for several reasons. Firstly, unlike last year - if we play to our best, and any of the Top 3 play to their best, at the moment, we can’t beat them without Hodgson. If we want to try and win the comp, we need to take a risk like this. It could backfire, but I think Stuart has decided he would rather roll the dice and try to win the comp, with a higher chance of also possibly bowing early in the finals (rather than playing everyone all the way through, and most likely falling at the prelims). Secondly, this has been an extremely gruelling season. Our travel has definitely added, but even without that, our schedule in the middle of the year was brutal. We play an extremely physical style, led by Papalii, Tapine, Whitehead and Bateman. I still remember Souths last year - they limped into the Prelim against us, if they were at full strength, it would have been a very different game. Stuart is close to the players, and it is obvious even to fans that a significant number of the players are carrying niggles. It is not only about resting to refresh, but also reducing the risk of an additional injury. Thirdly, it rewards the young players for their part in the season, while giving players like CHN, Young, Sutton and Sia extra minutes. I suspect the Sharks will do something similar now that they know what we have done, though with their named side they can only bring in 4 players outside the 17. All in all - a good move, regardless of outcome. Gives us the best chance of a premiership, in my opinion.
Last edited by TongueFTW on September 23, 2020, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raiders666 wrote:
Raiders666 wrote:So what happens if Souths beat Roosters? Everyone is assuming we match up against The Eels In wk 2 of the finals...

If Raiders finish 5th and win and Parra lose to Penrith then no other results matter. They play Parra.
Will finish 4th
Oooof, PTOOOTN gangy, old son

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ultima wrote: September 23, 2020, 3:19 am
Seiffert82 wrote: September 22, 2020, 6:22 pm Firstly, I'm really looking forward to this game. Watching the young blokes have a crack will be fun.

Secondly I totally understand why Stuart has done it. Let's say we were a 75% chance of beating the Sharks full strength and the Tigers were only a 40% chance of beating the Eels. That's a 30% chance of both results going our way.

Instead, Stuart has gone for the 100% chance of resting our key players for a week. At worst we should be playing the Sharks at home in week 1 of the finals with half the squad coming back after resting some niggles. That's an OK result.

Still, it's a gamble with the top 4 spot still potentially up for grabs. If the Eels win, and they really should, this will have been a good move by us.
That's a 30% chance of both results going our way and then a 20% chance we beat Penrith and actually get a week off. With-out winning the final we lose any chance we have at getting a break so really this is the only decent odds chance we get at a break.

Additionally I like our odds of winning:

V Sharks @home
V Eels (Penrith will destroy them)
V Storm/Roosters (Most likely Storm as I think they have the Roosters number still)
Grand final V Penrith/Roosters/Rabbits/Knights (Most likely Roosters as I can't see Penrith beating them considering Penrith have been facing garbage all year).

So beat the Sharks@home, beat the Eels away, beat the Storm at no-ones home because they are in QLD, beat the Roosters in the GF.
^ This run with a break at the start is a lot better than - V Penrith, V Eels, V Storm V Roosters with zero break.
Yes, I think Ricky and the coaching staff would have weighed up all of those possibilities and drawn the same conclusion.

I don't think 5th is better than 4th, but under the circumstances this is the only way he can guarantee his players get a break.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Raiders666 wrote:

Will finish 4th
You’re right, sorry I assumed you were talking finals.

I don’t think many people give Souths much chance this week. The way both teams are playing you’d have to imagine that’s a fairly remote chance.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Team looks like our 9's squad
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Northern Raider wrote:Team looks like our 9's squad
with a forwards shootout for a place in the 17 next week

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

RedRaider wrote: September 22, 2020, 11:38 pm
Botman wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:33 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:23 pm "Probably just?" These companies largely fund the NRL operation. In a time of restricted crowds the game needs sponsors to be on side more than ever.
They largely fund the NRL operation because they pay for the rights to show the competition, that is exactly what it is, a broadcast deal, not a deal to allow them to dictate how the game is run and operated at a club level. You talk about these partners as if the game would simply cease to exist without them

They need the NRL far more than the NRL needs them. If they're not happy, they dont have to be involved and the best media product in australia sport will find other partners and the world will keep spinning
Rugby League as a game would go on. Largely thanks to local volunteers. But without the sponsors the players would not be as well paid and football operations including medical/rehab support would be greatly diminished. The game without sponsors would likely revert to semi-professional and not full time professional. Future sponsors would be no different in wanting the best players to be on display for competition rounds. Funding for future development would dry up without sponsors. Imo sponsors are vital for the ongoing health of the game.
Hahaha. You're acting as if these are the only sponsors in the entire universe for which RL can draw on and appeasing them is the only chance for the code to remain professional! :lol: :lol:

Sponsors are important... and if Telstra aren't happy, im sure Optus would love to come and get involved in this brand.
If Nine aren't happy, Fox would love to have exclusive rights, and certainly 7 or 10 would love to be in the live sports business given it's the only sure fire ratings winner these days.
If Foxtel aren't happy, there is ENDLESS steaming platforms and other forms of ways people get their TV experience delivered these days (FYI fox sports are NEVER going to pull the plug on RL, regardless of how unhappy they are, the major driver for their subs is RL, the reason they are involved in this code is because without this code they wouldnt exist!)

The code needs sponsors, and there are PLENTY out there if the current ones are unhappy because they dont have operational control over the code. You've lost you're god damn mind if you are advocating this code ceding it's operational control over to appease sponsors.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Botman wrote: September 23, 2020, 8:24 am
RedRaider wrote: September 22, 2020, 11:38 pm
Botman wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:33 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:23 pm "Probably just?" These companies largely fund the NRL operation. In a time of restricted crowds the game needs sponsors to be on side more than ever.
They largely fund the NRL operation because they pay for the rights to show the competition, that is exactly what it is, a broadcast deal, not a deal to allow them to dictate how the game is run and operated at a club level. You talk about these partners as if the game would simply cease to exist without them

They need the NRL far more than the NRL needs them. If they're not happy, they dont have to be involved and the best media product in australia sport will find other partners and the world will keep spinning
Hahaha. You're acting as if these are the only sponsors in the entire universe for which RL can draw on and appeasing them is the only chance for the code to remain professional! :lol: :lol:

Sponsors are important... and if Telstra aren't happy, im sure Optus would love to come and get involved in this brand.
If Nine aren't happy, Fox would love to have exclusive rights, and certainly 7 or 10 would love to be in the live sports business given it's the only sure fire ratings winner these days.
If Foxtel aren't happy, there is ENDLESS steaming platforms and other forms of ways people get their TV experience delivered these days (FYI fox sports are NEVER going to pull the plug on RL, regardless of how unhappy they are, the major driver for their subs is RL, the reason they are involved in this code is because without this code they wouldnt exist!)

The code needs sponsors, and there are PLENTY out there if the current ones are unhappy because they dont have operational control over the code. You've lost you're god damn mind if you are advocating this code ceding it's operational control over to appease sponsors.
You may well be right about sponsorships in the long term, but I think most TV organisations are doing it tough due to the recession. Advertising revenue is generally down. For an example see below the negative numbers for Optus in the year ending March 2020. I don't think things would have improved much in the June Qtr.
https://www.optus.com.au/content/dam/op ... -Optus.pdf

Of the main NRL sponsors Harvey Norman is a stand out for positive results. Time will tell on long term sponsorship deals. I think the Telstra deal comes up in 2021 but I reckon there would be some discussions happening now about the future with all sponsors. This is in part due to Covid and the subsequent recession. I deal with lots of small to medium size businesses in regional NSW and a majority are struggling through since last years drought, Covid, bushfires etc. My view is that sponsorship dollars are more difficult to get in the current circumstances. Not impossible, but certainly more challenging than when the last sponsorships were negotiated.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This is a premium failure proof product. Live sport is the only bankable TV product left standing... it's the only thing that is binge proof. You either see live sports happen or you've missed the moment.
TV networks continue to complain publicly about the cost of live sports and say how the price is too high and... guess what? They pay it anyway. Because the ad revenue they get from live sport more than off sets the outlay. The NRL have already dealt with the broadcasting issue anyways, so I dont even know why you're so damn concerned about them. That deal is sorted.

Re the naming rights sponsor and key stakeholders, yes things are tough right now, and will be for some time, but as said, this a premium product that is ratings proof, and is guaranteed coverage in every major way as far as media is concerned. If Telstra and Harvey Norman are doing it tough and can't sponsor the league, whilst the field may be smaller, i dont have a single doubt the NRL will find other partners who have the capacity to link their brand with the NRL's.

Again, you're panic over appeasing these people is ridiculous.
Sponsors are needed, and there is plenty of them out there who will be willing to stump up to be in the NRL business. The NRL doesnt need to be clearing the Canberra Raiders Round 20 team list by Gerry **** Harvey just in case he's a bit upset.

Like what the **** are we talking about here?!
:lol:

Thank christ you dont have your figure on the button, Red. Imagine the revised deal we'd have with the broadcast partners with you at the helm thinking we had to take any deal we can get just to keep the game afloat with these partners! :lol:
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

afgtnk wrote: September 22, 2020, 10:04 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:28 pm Don't know if you have seen this video:
https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -v-sharks/

Makes me proud to be a Raiders' supporter. I think we will do well this weekend.

Some proud and happy guys in there, and team spirit is high. Frawley - debuted with Canterbury but this is it ! Sammy - chuffed to be captain. I love seeing the look on our regulars as well - they were so happy for the young guys.
Gee Sam talks really well (for a footballer). Nailed on to join Sticky's staff once he's done I reckon.

Ata also pretending to get up to talk and Papa's laugh.... nearly pissed myself.
Yes, Sammy is very articulate. I think they are grooming him to take over from Ricky in a few years.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

afgtnk wrote: September 22, 2020, 10:04 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 22, 2020, 9:28 pm Don't know if you have seen this video:
https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -v-sharks/

Makes me proud to be a Raiders' supporter. I think we will do well this weekend.

Some proud and happy guys in there, and team spirit is high. Frawley - debuted with Canterbury but this is it ! Sammy - chuffed to be captain. I love seeing the look on our regulars as well - they were so happy for the young guys.
Gee Sam talks really well (for a footballer). Nailed on to join Sticky's staff once he's done I reckon.

Ata also pretending to get up to talk and Papa's laugh.... nearly pissed myself.
Yes, Sammy is very articulate. I think they are grooming him to take over from Ricky in a few years.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Wow didn't see that coming :shock: good luck to the new guys :cmon
GreenInferno
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Past: Chicka Current: Big Red

Post by GreenInferno »

With the wholesale changes in effect this week i was disappointed not to see this mysterious Papali'i character that Ruan Sims keeps banging on about get a run.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: September 23, 2020, 9:31 am This is a premium failure proof product. Live sport is the only bankable TV product left standing... it's the only thing that is binge proof. You either see live sports happen or you've missed the moment.
TV networks continue to complain publicly about the cost of live sports and say how the price is too high and... guess what? They pay it anyway. Because the ad revenue they get from live sport more than off sets the outlay. The NRL have already dealt with the broadcasting issue anyways, so I dont even know why you're so damn concerned about them. That deal is sorted.

Re the naming rights sponsor and key stakeholders, yes things are tough right now, and will be for some time, but as said, this a premium product that is ratings proof, and is guaranteed coverage in every major way as far as media is concerned. If Telstra and Harvey Norman are doing it tough and can't sponsor the league, whilst the field may be smaller, i dont have a single doubt the NRL will find other partners who have the capacity to link their brand with the NRL's.

Sponsors are needed, and there is plenty of them out there who will be willing to stump up to be in the NRL business. The NRL doesnt need to be clearing the Canberra Raiders Round 20 team list by Gerry **** Harvey just in case he's a bit upset.

Thank christ you dont have your figure on the button, Red. Imagine the revised deal we'd have with the broadcast partners with you at the helm thinking we had to take any deal we can get just to keep the game afloat with these partners! :lol:
What button?!?!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the "any" key
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The more I think about the more I'm on board with Sticky's approach to this week. He could go all in and chase the top 4 spot, still relying on another favourable result to make it. Even then it's likely we have to play 3 consecutive weeks to make the GF. Better to sacrifice the "2nd chance" draw and go in refreshed and ready. The only real risk is backing the boys to win the home elimination final in week 1.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

If the boys can jag a win here, it will be one for the ages!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

I really don't see why we can't win. Sharks don't really have a lot to play for and probably have 1 eye on next week. We have a bunch of players (some with great experience) that will be busting a gut to try and show what they can do with their only chance to perform for the year.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Botman wrote: September 23, 2020, 9:31 am This is a premium failure proof product. Live sport is the only bankable TV product left standing... it's the only thing that is binge proof. You either see live sports happen or you've missed the moment.

You haven't read my post. I said Harvey Norman are doing well. You seem in a lather today. Responding to comments no one has made.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I could see this team coming out SUPER hot... as someone said earlier, most of these guys have been busting their **** arses all year long and not even getting the spoils of playing

I think they'll come out breathing fire... but im gonna want us up 12 at least going into the final 15 to feel confident of a win. I could see them struggling badly toward the end of the game, aint no fitness like match fitness
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:I could see this team coming out SUPER hot... as someone said earlier, most of these guys have been busting their **** arses all year long and not even getting the spoils of playing

I think they'll come out breathing fire... but im gonna want us up 12 at least going into the final 15 to feel confident of a win. I could see them struggling badly toward the end of the game, aint no fitness like match fitness
pack is ok, Sia could have them right up just whether the 1 thru 7 can execute

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

RedRaider wrote: September 23, 2020, 11:12 am You haven't read my post. I said Harvey Norman are doing well. You seem in a lather today. Responding to comments no one has made.
I read it, it was chicken little nonsense.
You're annoyed because you think the Raiders resting players in round 20 will upset sponsors and stakeholders. And have harped on about those stakeholders as if in this current climate the only priority the NRL should have is satiating those stakeholders.

You're acting as if the NRL needs these specific sponsors to survive these times, and they don't, they need sponsorship money, but they is plenty of fish in the sea who even in tough times want to be in bed with the NRL.

The broadcast arrangements have already been dealt with, and a new revised deal struck, so if C9 or Foxtel are unhappy about resting players, too bad, so sad.
There is no reason for C9 to give a **** because it's not even a game they're broadcasting. Foxtel might be a tad annoyed and worried about a small dip in ratings but this is a Cronulla-Raiders game, two of the lowest drawing teams in the competition, this game was put in the time slot it was for a reason, they're not expecting a big number here. So I cant imagine they're slitting their wrists over it.

As for other sponsors, like Harvey Norman or Telstra, why should a **** about the Round 20 clash. They sponsor the game so their brands to be linked to the NRL. For their signage in stadiums, for their name recognition to go hand in hand with the NRL, their logos and names to be in the print and digital media covering the code, and for the various tv/radio/podcasts media outlets to declare things like the "Telstra Premiership Winners are ...." and the "Harvey Norman State of Origin winners are..."
These mobs arent laying down millions because of the week to week minutiae of the games itself. For those companies, its brand recognition on a national product that attracts millions of eyeballs across many platforms each week for 52 weeks a year.

The idea you've put forward here that the Canberra Raiders should not do what they feel is best for their chances to win a premiership, because maybe? sponsors and broadcast partners will be slightly annoyed is... to be perfect rude about it... **** ridiculous.

None of the naming rights or major sponsors would give the faintest **** about what team we named for this game. Channel 9 might have given a **** except they're not broadcasting it, so it's not their problem. Foxtel might be a tad annoyed, but as explained above, this is in the time slot it is in for a reason, they're not banking on a big number from Canberra vs Cronulla @5:30pm anyways. The Raiders resting players is not hurting anyone or anything but our own chances of making the top 4. That's it. You're jumping at shadows
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha WAY too early to be on the cans already, Nock.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: September 23, 2020, 11:50 am Hahaha WAY too early to be on the cans already, Nock.
Its hard to hold off when you're dealing with the likes of RR!
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Belcher#1 »

Botman wrote: September 23, 2020, 11:12 am I could see this team coming out SUPER hot... as someone said earlier, most of these guys have been busting their **** arses all year long and not even getting the spoils of playing

that's definitely a worry. They come out and do a Sonny Bill, like dogs chasing a tennis ball and are gassed after 10min
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

GreenInferno wrote:With the wholesale changes in effect this week i was disappointed not to see this mysterious Papali'i character that Ruan Sims keeps banging on about get a run.
And Mick Crocker’s relative who’s been at the club for a decade.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Sharks by 67.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders half Matt Frawley: It's a dream come true

Matt Frawley was born in Canberra and played his junior football in Canberra. He always dreamed of playing in the NRL with the Canberra Raiders. And now that dream is about to come true.

As a youngster, Frawley played with the two local Belconnen clubs, before being brought into the Raiders' system. He played in the National Youth Competition for the Raiders for two years, captaining the side in 2014. But with the Raiders signing Blake Austin to take on the five eighth role, Frawley headed to the Bulldogs in 2015 for an opportunity.

He made his NRL debut for the Dogs in 2017, playing 31 NRL games, before he headed to the Huddersfield Giants for the 2019 season.

He returned to the nation's capital at the end of last year, hoping for a second chance in the NRL. And now, in the final game of the regular season, he has it.

Raiders coach caused a splash with his team selections for Saturday's clash with the Sharks, resting nine players, handing three players their NRL debut, and giving Frawley his club debut.

"It's a dream come true coming back to Canberra and playing first grade for the club I supported as a young kid - and a club that my family supports," Frawley said today.

"I'm looking forward to getting my opportunity on Saturday and hopefully getting a win."

The Raiders released vision of yesterday's emotion-charged team meeting where Stuart announced the three players who will make their NRL debuts on Saturday.

Adam Cook, a recruit from the Townsville Blackhawks, has been given the No. 1 jersey. Darby Medlyn and Jarrett Subloo, graduates from last year's Jersey Flegg team, will start on the bench. The youngsters struggled for words when told of the coach's selections.

"It's really exciting, you saw the emotion and how overwhelmed they were yesterday when they found out, especially those making their NRL debuts," Frawley said.

"It's a really important, special moment for them and their families. So to be able to share that moment with them was pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing how they go on Saturday afternoon."

Frawley will partner Sam Williams in the halves in the Sharks clash. They played one game together for Mounties in Round 1, before the competition was abandoned, due to the pandemic. But they have spent a lot of time alongside each other on the training park at the Braddon Centre of Excellence.

"We've sort of been lucky in that sense, that we've trained all year together, so I think we've got a fairly good combination, even though we haven't played much footy together," Frawley said.

"We're sort of on the same page in how we approach the game. We've had a chat about how we want to play this weekend. I'm looking forward to playing with him, and hopefully we'll have a decent combination."

Williams is on his third stint with the Raiders. He too represented the club in the National Youth Competition and went on to make his NRL debut in green. He's played 90 games for the Raiders, but this will be his first NRL match this season.

Stuart has given Williams the honour of being captain on Saturday.

"It's awesome to see Sammy rewarded with that," Frawley said.

"He's been here for a long time now and he's such a well respected member of the club. All the boys love him."

"I know he's really honoured to captain the club and I know his family will be really proud of him. It's going to be a big achievement for him and I'm looking forward to have him lead us out this weekend."

A report for The Greenhouse

VIDEO: Frawley: It's a dream come true: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... come-true/

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Sam Williams: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -williams/

Raiders debutant Matt Frawley excited about combination with new captain Sam Williams: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Six of the best: Class of 2019 set to graduate

This time last year, the Canberra Raiders took part in the Jersey Flegg Cup Grand Final. However, fast forward 12 months, and six players from that team will be playing in the NRL as the Raiders travel to Kograh to play the Cronulla Sharks.

Semi Valemei, Kai O’Donnell, Harley Smith-Shields and Matt Timoko all come into the side having already played this season and are joined by Darby Medlyn and Jarrett Subloo who will make their NRL debuts.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -graduate/

Sia Soliola delighted to return alongside quartet of Raiders debutants

Sia Soliola is thrilled to make his return from injury alongside three NRL debutants and a club debutant this Saturday.

"There's a lot of excitement and energy around the club," Soliola said. "When you see blokes making a debut, it's pretty rare that you get a cluster of boys making it together. This is going to be something special for them and it's going to be something special for the club as well. We're all riding this wave together."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Reserves hit leaves Soliola with no fear

Canberra veteran Sia Soliola has no trepidations returning from his badly fractured face, insisting the hits he's copped at training have him ready for the NRL.

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1336808

Micheal Weyman’s father Ack to be honoured with Moruya statue: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm INCREDIBLY hyped for this game. SO excited. The broadcasters can bellyache all they like about it (and the hypocrisy of Channel 9 complaining about the Raiders...), but I would wager more folks than usual will tune into our game (and the Storm's) to see how our baby Raiders will go.

I'm super optimistic. These young guns have been chomping at the bit to show their wares. Now they've been given a huge opportunity and I'm sure they'll all be more than ready to show us what they've got.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Botman wrote: September 23, 2020, 12:22 pm
The Nickman wrote: September 23, 2020, 11:50 am Hahaha WAY too early to be on the cans already, Nock.
Its hard to hold off when you're dealing with the likes of RR!
I seem to have gotten under your skin.
Mission Accomplished :)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It's nice to be optimistic about the game but we have about a 5% chance of winning. Don't get me wrong it would be amazing... but very unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Hodgson defends Canberra's 'conservative' approach to high-stakes clash

Injured Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson has defended his club's decision to rest a host of big-name players as Canberra attempt to earn a top-four finish with a final-round victory this weekend.

"We've got quite a few boys carrying few little niggles. I think with the team we've got we can definitely still go down there and get a win. I think for us, it's really important we go into the finals with everyone fresh and to try get rid of a few niggles and freshen the bodies up for finals time.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/josh-hodgs ... ff9e3c8766