NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Another Boys Pro Bowl OL men alters his contract to protect his QBs interests.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Scary to think the Chiefs put up that kind of score in what felt like a below average offensive performance.
CEH looks like he belongs in the NFL is going to give the chiefs another weapon

For the texans... Deej looked very spry and could be back to his best, and Will Fuller is going to be a monster if he can stay healthy... otherwise... ehhh... pretty unimpressive.

Generally, it was just good have a football game on... i doubted at times we'd ever get here, and im not even sure we should be here given the state of things... but i enjoyed watching some NFL again and im pumped for monday morning
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: September 11, 2020, 1:24 pm Scary to think the Chiefs put up that kind of score in what felt like a below average offensive performance.

For the texans... Deej looked very spry and could be back to his best, and Will Fuller is going to be a monster if he can stay healthy... otherwise... ehhh... pretty unimpressive.

Generally, it was just good have a football game on... i doubted at times we'd ever get here, and im not even sure we should be here given the state of things... but i enjoyed watching some NFL again and im pumped for monday morning
Texans looked patchy to me. TBF, not totally unsurprising given the lack of preseason. I wont put too much stock in tonight, coz there was enough to see they will be good enough this yr.

Chiefs didnt get out of 3rd gear. Thats scary! I agree, that little RB looked gooooood. They have a running threat now, CEH looked better than solid, so good luck stopping them this yr.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

MASSIVE signing for the Feagles.
They have a new QB.
41yr old Josh McCown joins the practice squad.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: September 11, 2020, 1:24 pm Scary to think the Chiefs put up that kind of score in what felt like a below average offensive performance.

Interesting to see masks were mandatory in the crowd.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: September 11, 2020, 3:16 pm MASSIVE signing for the Feagles.
They have a new QB.
a 12k a week stepping stone toward coaching...pretty nice gig if you can get it :lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wow it's already started? Missed it with the NRL season being off kilter. I'm surprised they had a crowd. I read a month or so back that they weren't allowing crowds in NY.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: September 11, 2020, 9:56 pm
Matt wrote: September 11, 2020, 3:16 pm MASSIVE signing for the Feagles.
They have a new QB.
a 12k a week stepping stone toward coaching...pretty nice gig if you can get it :lol:
Dont ruin a good story with facts. Its funnier my way
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That was an appalling display from the eagles and especially Wentz
Just miserable stuff
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Eagles O-line got blown up. They were cruising at 17-0, and then let Washington back in it with 14 points off INTs. Was not expecting that result. Eagles need to do something to patch up that line because Wentz will not last long behind that mess.

Also, Jags beat the Colts - Minshew completed 19/20 with 3 TDs, and Russel Wilson had a day - 31/35, 355 yards, 4 TDs.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Cards beat 9ers... WOOOOOOW!
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

SoFi stadium looks very impressive
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

First few weeks are going to be hard to line up form. No preseason means a lot of guys are playing together the first time. Some teams will handle it better than others. Could see some big form turnarounds in a month or so.

That said it's still amusing seeing Eagles beaten by Football Team.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Cowardly stuff from McVey
He deserves to lose this game for that
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Ramsey sold that PI call nicely. Alas, the better team won. Dallas take the L.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I didnt see it, but FB is blowing up. What happened?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Beave was Beave
He ain’t changed a lick

FWIW the talk will all be about the PI... don’t forgot the cowboys got a turn over by clubbing Goff in the head
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Prescott threw a deep ball to Gallup that would’ve set the cowboys up for a game tying FG. But Gallup was called was for OPI. On replay, it looked like Ramsey milked it and should’ve been a fair catch.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: September 14, 2020, 1:22 pm Prescott threw a deep ball to Gallup that would’ve set the cowboys up for a game tying FG. But Gallup was called was for OPI. On replay, it looked like Ramsey milked it and should’ve been a fair catch.
humph
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: September 14, 2020, 1:22 pm Prescott threw a deep ball to Gallup that would’ve set the cowboys up for a game tying FG. But Gallup was called was for OPI. On replay, it looked like Ramsey milked it and should’ve been a fair catch.
Just seen the footage. That looks like any contested deep ball on any given Sunday. Tough call
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Why didn't they take the 3 pts to tie the game with about 5 on the clock?

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: September 14, 2020, 9:18 pm Why didn't they take the 3 pts to tie the game with about 5 on the clock?

Beave
This guy is fraud, here me now, believe me later

they had a 3rd and 6, and ran an inside draw on 3rd down because they knew they were going for it on 4th... if that's the sum amount of McCarthy's analytics revolution, the Cowboys are in perfect hands :lol:

it was a half measure and it cost them dearly, they've made a minor coaching upgrade at best.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Does anyone know a decent NFL podcast I can listen to? Something that isn’t too long but still gives a decent overview of each round
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
gergreg wrote: September 14, 2020, 9:18 pm Why didn't they take the 3 pts to tie the game with about 5 on the clock?

Beave

they had a 3rd and 6, and ran an inside draw on 3rd down because they knew they were going for it on 4th... if that's the sum amount of McCarthy's analytics revolution, the Cowboys are in perfect hands Image

it was a half measure and it cost them dearly, they've made a minor coaching upgrade at best.
Upgrade? Garrett has been working hard on his butt pats and happy clapping and I'm expecting big things from him in Blue.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

We lost our #1 LB and #1 TE in that game too
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: September 14, 2020, 9:27 pm

Beave

they had a 3rd and 6, and ran an inside draw on 3rd down because they knew they were going for it on 4th... if that's the sum amount of McCarthy's analytics revolution, the Cowboys are in perfect hands :lol:

im ok with running the ball, BUT... a draw... really?!?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Toviii wrote: September 14, 2020, 10:31 pm Does anyone know a decent NFL podcast I can listen to? Something that isn’t too long but still gives a decent overview of each round
Toviii my boy, step into my office

I've got a few for you...

The best if the Around the NFL Pod, it will be about an hour each ep and gives you all the news, the sunday night recap is longer but goes through every game, the hosts are piss funny and knowledgeable (stick with it a while, they run quite a few little inside jokes that you'll eventually get)

Ross Tucker Football show is a little shorter, usually 30-40 minutes, it runs daily and gives you different stuff every day, the host is Ross Tucker who played in the league, he gets guys like Greg Cossell and Andrew Brandt on to give their insight on game tape/business of sports respectively

The Pick 6 hosted by Will Brinson, can be a bit annoying with the tangents they go on, Brinson has ADD im sure of it, but otherwise it's great content

The Ringer NFL show is another daily pod with great content from different perspectives, it's got some gambling stuff, some tape dog stuff, some general chit chat and news. Kevin Clark is really good and he's the host

The Athletic Football Show is a new one hosted by Robert Mays who has moved over from the Ringer, he's a great host, a tortured Bears fan so thats fun, but he also has access to a ton of athletic beat writers and staffers

The MMQB NFL pod, a mix of Gary Grambling doing deep dives, Jenny Vrentes and Conner Orr doing macro level narrative, and then Albert Breer with some insider reporting stuff (i usually give the Breer eps a miss because i find him a bit annoying)

Those in that order would be my suggestions
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Around the NFL is really good for a league overview
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Botman wrote: September 15, 2020, 7:52 am
Toviii wrote: September 14, 2020, 10:31 pm Does anyone know a decent NFL podcast I can listen to? Something that isn’t too long but still gives a decent overview of each round

The best if the Around the NFL Pod, it will be about an hour each ep and gives you all the news, the sunday night recap is longer but goes through every game, the hosts are piss funny and knowledgeable (stick with it a while, they run quite a few little inside jokes that you'll eventually get)

Ross Tucker Football show is a little shorter, usually 30-40 minutes, it runs daily and gives you different stuff every day, the host is Ross Tucker who played in the league, he gets guys like Greg Cossell and Andrew Brandt on to give their insight on game tape/business of sports respectively

The Pick 6 hosted by Will Brinson, can be a bit annoying with the tangents they go on, Brinson has ADD im sure of it, but otherwise it's great content

The Ringer NFL show is another daily pod with great content from different perspectives, it's got some gambling stuff, some tape dog stuff, some general chit chat and news. Kevin Clark is really good and he's the host

The Athletic Football Show is a new one hosted by Robert Mays who has moved over from the Ringer, he's a great host, a tortured Bears fan so thats fun, but he also has access to a ton of athletic beat writers and staffers

The MMQB NFL pod, a mix of Gary Grambling doing deep dives, Jenny Vrentes and Conner Orr doing macro level narrative, and then Albert Breer with some insider reporting stuff (i usually give the Breer eps a miss because i find him a bit annoying)

I would recommend Stick to Football. They won’t necessarily recap each game but a great football podcast none-the-less, particularly during draft season. (Note they cover college football as well as NFL).

Move the Sticks is good too.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: September 15, 2020, 10:20 am

I would recommend Stick to Football. They won’t necessarily recap each game but a great football podcast none-the-less, particularly during draft season. (Note they cover college football as well as NFL).

I like DJ too. Is Bucky still working with him? Coz I know he is working with the Cowboys these day.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Matt wrote: September 15, 2020, 10:24 am
the bone wrote: September 15, 2020, 10:20 am

I like DJ too. Is Bucky still working with him? Coz I know he is working with the Cowboys these day.
Yep Bucky is still on there. He can be a bit of a Cowboy homer on the podcast which can get annoying.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Poor Saquon, he’s so wasted behind the Giants line. At half time he’s had 8 runs for -8 yards.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That Gmen line is complete overwhelmed
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Botman wrote:

This is great, thank you!
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Michael Thomas injured for Saints.... well, there goes my 1st prediction of the yr