Raiders player signing speculation 2020

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: September 6, 2020, 11:50 pm I’m confident about all three of those players. I’ve said before, I rate them in this order... HSS, Timoko and Valemei. You don’t write off a young winger after one poor game. Lots of talent coming through.
I’m not writing them off.
I’m saying, without adequate game time, their development stalls.
We need an NRL ready back to cover the hole left by Cotric OR have one of these young lads replace him by committing to their first grade development from the offseason.
What we can’t do is line up with Croker and Scott as our round 1 centre pair and expect a better than a 5 to 8 spot finish on the ladder.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

GreenMachine wrote: September 7, 2020, 7:41 am
greeneyed wrote: September 6, 2020, 11:50 pm I’m confident about all three of those players. I’ve said before, I rate them in this order... HSS, Timoko and Valemei. You don’t write off a young winger after one poor game. Lots of talent coming through.
I’m not writing them off.
I’m saying, without adequate game time, their development stalls.
We need an NRL ready back to cover the hole left by Cotric OR have one of these young lads replace him by committing to their first grade development from the offseason.
What we can’t do is line up with Croker and Scott as our round 1 centre pair and expect a better than a 5 to 8 spot finish on the ladder.
I know that I have harped on a bit about it but the cumulative effect of losing both Cotric and Leilua and signing Scott has left us in an unenviable position in our backline

I think we were right in letting Cotric sign with the Bulldogs or Leilua to walk to the Tigers because they were designed to spend our money more efficiently; or in the case of Leilua ensure that costly errors does not result
in us losing big games but to have only signed Scott (who wouldn’t beat my mother one on one) in that time suggests a fair degree of conservatism.

We surely have to have a plan B in these circumstances.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I don't think Leilua has done anything this year to make the club regret their decision.

What we do with Scott is another question.
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: King George

Post by Groundskeeer Willie »

Do we reckon Scott missed out on the roosters game because Ricky didn't want them to pull his pants down?
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote: September 7, 2020, 1:19 pm Do we reckon Scott missed out on the roosters game because Ricky didn't want them to pull his pants down?
If that is the reasoning, he shouldn’t be playing first grade at all
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by Toviii »

Since he came back from that ‘infection’ I think Scott has actually been playing quite well. We should persist with him. We just need a metre-eating winger to replace Cotric
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote:Do we reckon Scott missed out on the roosters game because Ricky didn't want them to pull his pants down?
Can’t say I blame him. No one likes a dacking
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The dragons just appointed Anthony Griffin
We should be keeping in close contact with Zac Lomax and let him know there is always a place at the Canberra Raiders for a Lomax
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Pereira is just the sort of winger we could do with or Saab.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Now that Katoa is locked up at the Sharks, we should be throwing some big money at this guy. Try and get him a year early as part of the ‘clean out’.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.zer ... 74743/amp/
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah im a big fan of Nofo
Think he would go a long way to addressing the main issues our back five have for 2021... he's fast, and he's a truck coming off the goal line. That article says 425k, if we have the money i'd be all about that as a signing.
He's only 26 years old, so you'd have no concerns about making a long term investment in him too
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m all for Nofo around that price or the Dragons Periera at $250k
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Tigers would be crazy to let Noafaluma go, but their cap management has been horrendous for the past 5 years so anything's possible.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I have a mate who follows the Tiges.

If we stole Nofoaluma he'd be inconsolable..

Then he'd fire bomb my house.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gergreg wrote:Tigers would be crazy to let Noafaluma go, but their cap management has been horrendous for the past 5 years so anything's possible.

They’ll sign Dugan for $950k.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: September 7, 2020, 7:34 pm Yeah im a big fan of Nofo
Think he would go a long way to addressing the main issues our back five have for 2021... he's fast, and he's a truck coming off the goal line. That article says 425k, if we have the money i'd be all about that as a signing.
He's only 26 years old, so you'd have no concerns about making a long term investment in him too
He's a gun and will have a lot of clubs chasing him.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Nofoaluma is worth chucking up to 500k at. Get it done
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: September 7, 2020, 6:50 pm The dragons just appointed Anthony Griffin
We should be keeping in close contact with Zac Lomax and let him know there is always a place at the Canberra Raiders for a Lomax
Agreed
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: September 7, 2020, 7:34 pm Yeah im a big fan of Nofo
He is a younger version of Rapa. I love it
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: September 7, 2020, 7:07 pm Pereira is just the sort of winger we could do with or Saab.

I prefer Saab, but Pereira is solid.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Botman wrote: September 7, 2020, 6:50 pm The dragons just appointed Anthony Griffin
I like this. His father John was a great prop for us .... (except when he went mad with trying to knock off the Norths' players' heads in a Final). Let's trade them Scott. But Jessica Sergis may not want to live in Woden ....
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

Lomax, staggs or nofu tofu have to be our key targets going into 2021. Contracts aren't worth anything these days so all three are possible. I reckon we go all out and sign two of the three. If we do we 100% win the comp next year. None of our youngsters fill me with much confidence, but in saying that, the sample size is too small to make a fair judgement at this point. They could be superstars or they could be flops.
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne

Post by Belcher#1 »

no way in the world Nofo signs for less than $700k minimum. Comps top try scorer, equal most linebreaks, second most tackle breaks, most run metres for a winger.

letting Cotric go is looking worse by the day.
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

Belcher#1 wrote: September 7, 2020, 9:43 pm no way in the world Nofo signs for less than $700k minimum. Comps top try scorer, equal most linebreaks, second most tackle breaks, most run metres for a winger.

Christ. Thank God you aren't in charge. We would end up like the Broncos or dragons etc. He is not worth anywhere close to 700k. He is a WINGER. You're acting like he is the only player in the tigers team.

Letting cotric go is looking better and better every single week, considering how utterly **** he has been playing since the day he signed that doggies deal :roll:
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

Belcher#1 wrote: September 7, 2020, 9:43 pm no way in the world Nofo signs for less than $700k minimum. Comps top try scorer, equal most linebreaks, second most tackle breaks, most run metres for a winger.

700k minimum :woot: Jesus Christ :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Put some money down, Badge.
He's not sniffing 700k a year for an NRL club. Im willing to lay down real money to day that **** aint happening.
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne

Post by Belcher#1 »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote: September 7, 2020, 9:47 pm

Christ. Thank God you aren't in charge. We would end up like the Broncos or dragons etc. He is not worth anywhere close to 700k. He is a WINGER. You're acting like he is the only player in the tigers team.

Letting cotric go is looking better and better every single week, considering how utterly **** he has been playing since the day he signed that doggies deal :roll:
I never said I would sign Nofo for $700k, I think a club will though.

You think losing Cotric is a good thing? That's crazy talk
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne

Post by Belcher#1 »

BigPapa wrote: September 7, 2020, 9:53 pm

700k minimum :woot: Jesus Christ :lol:
someone will be desperate enough.
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

Belcher#1 wrote: September 7, 2020, 9:57 pm
Groundskeeer Willie wrote: September 7, 2020, 9:47 pm

I never said I would sign Nofo for $700k, I think a club will though.

You think losing Cotric is a good thing? That's crazy talk
Hardly crazy talk. He has been hot trash more often than not.
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

He has had one above average year, and that was his debut year. Has done very little since.
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne

Post by Belcher#1 »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote: September 7, 2020, 10:02 pm He has had one above average year, and that was his debut year. Has done very little since.
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not. The guy is a NSW and Australian rep and only 21 years old.

He's the teams top try score this season and has 94 tackle breaks which 34 more than Canberra's second best CNK and 48 more than third best Jack.
Yes, he's done very little....
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

LOL. Wow so he breaks a few tackles, an average of 5 a game.. what a superstar!!! And has the most tries in a team that has struggled massively in attack all season. What else has he done? SFA. For the record.. any decent outside back should comfortably be breaking an average of 5 tackles minimum. It's really not that hard. I mean tedesco broke 18 tackles on the weekend ****. I think you need to expand your knowledge of what a good outside back looks like.
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

And he literally got picked in the rep teams based off what he did in a previous season (not form at the time) and an injury crisis in the backs for nsw.
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne

Post by Belcher#1 »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote: September 7, 2020, 10:21 pm LOL. Wow so he breaks a few tackles, an average of 5 a game.. what a superstar!!! And has the most tries in a team that has struggled massively in attack all season. What else has he done? SFA. For the record.. any decent outside back should comfortably be breaking an average of 5 tackles minimum. It's really not that hard. I mean tedesco broke 18 tackles on the weekend ****. I think you need to expand your knowledge of what a good outside back looks like.
no worries. We'll just agree to disagree then
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

Where's Botman!? I can't believe he is missing me jag another winner.