The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Off topic

Post by zim »

Nice. Every now and then you just need to let nature (and old ladies) know who's boss.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Another tree gone. I think I just felt it get a little hotter...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: August 28, 2020, 8:30 pm So I had a 20m eucalyptus tree (pic) chopped from behind my garage today because it hung over the garage. As soon as the lads fired up the chainsaw this old woman appears from out of nowhere, eyes all lit up. She walks over to me and straight up 'what are you doing with the wood' so I said 'I want to check over it for some nice pieces for some woodwork and a friend wants some firewood, but I'll leave some for you'. Without a word of response she wanders over to the foreman and starts talking to him.

So she disappears and comes back 45 minutes later with a trolley jack and a plate of scones for the blokes and then as they're having a break - not finished the job - she just starts helping herself. Again, out of nowhere her neighbour, also an old bugger comes scurrying over with a wheelbarrow 'I'll give you a hand' and she responds 'nah, just help yourself'.... So I'm getting a bit steamed up but let them grab a couple of loads but the final straw. They've actually set a winch around the tree and one of them has chainsawed the base and they're trying to drag a 5m section to the ground (pic) and she's in there picking up more logs. They're all yelling at her to get out of the way and she's ignoring them.

So I'd had enough. Wandered over, intercepting her. I said 'that's enough, no more' she just looks at me dumbfounded 'they said I could help myself '.. I said 'this is my land, that's my house' pointing to my house .. 'but it's strata land...' I cut her off, 'no this is my land and besides you're not even a part of this strata, you don't pay rates or strata fees for this land'.... 'oh but I know [name].... '
I just looked at her and she finally backed off. And stood 30 metres away watching them finish the job.

Now most here know me enough to know I am a petty, petty man. I spent the next two hours shifting probably a 2 truck loads of wood, just so they didn't get any more.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Lady..I dont have a drama with slapping you..back up !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:Another tree gone. I think I just felt it get a little hotter...

excavators just cleared the 100 odd acres at the end of my street, the sweet smell of bleeding earth and eucalyptus oil

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Wait till the heady aroma of decomposing koala fills the warm summer air.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Are you having flashbacks to your land clearing experience for your estate? A dozen endangered species hit the bricks in Noosa and I'm guessing the wollemi pine sauna is a thing of beauty?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:

Are you having flashbacks to your land clearing experience for your estate? A dozen endangered species hit the bricks in Noosa and I'm guessing the wollemi pine sauna is a thing of beauty?

Terrible_Raider

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote:

I am at one with nature.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

A million tress being knocked over every year to build homes..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:A million tress being knocked over every year to build homes..
I've probably thrown about 1000 seeds into pots within the past 3 months.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm planting natives everywhere

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

bonehead wrote:I'm planting natives everywhere

What sort?

I grab about 30 allocasaurina (sheoak) seed pods and seeing how many I can sprout.

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: August 29, 2020, 9:27 am

We've all seen the T_R robes before with each patch from a previously endangered species.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

zim wrote:
gergreg wrote: August 29, 2020, 9:27 am

We've all seen the T_R robes before with each patch from a previously endangered species.
Ahh yes, T_R and his Technimammal Dreamcoat.

Some say he inspired this show tune

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Look how I spelt trees ^^^back there.

No one pulled me up.

Where's NR ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:
bonehead wrote:I'm planting natives everywhere

What sort?

I grab about 30 allocasaurina (sheoak) seed pods and seeing how many I can sprout.

grevillea, callistamon, banksias, hakeas

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hey guys..

I've just received some bad news.

The man killed by a shark yesterday on the Gold Coast was a mate of mine. We grew up in the same street together. When I left home to join the Army I hadn't seen him for years until funnily enough..without me knowing he'd joined the Army as well and we ran into each other in Sydney. Anyway after discharging from the military and both of us going our seperate ways I hadn't heard from him in over 20yrs. He'd been living in Canberra..

So sad..

RIP Nick.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Holy hell PJ. Sorry to hear. I hope you’re keeping well and looking after yourself
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Really sorry to hear that PJ.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yeah it's been a rough day..

Thanks guys.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're keeping well.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

zim wrote: September 9, 2020, 8:02 pm Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're keeping well.
Thanks zim.

His parents still live in the same house. I must go and say hello.

Terrible stuff.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
zim wrote: September 9, 2020, 8:02 pm Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're keeping well.
Thanks zim.

His parents still live in the same house. I must go and say hello.

Terrible stuff.
sorry to hear mate that sucks

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Cheers boner..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

My next batch is bottled, and doing their secondary fermenting. Should be ready to drink 24th October. This is a chocolate stout, which is an original recipe from my brewing supplier.

If this comes out alright, the next batch will be the first Fui original.

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

2nd photo

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'd happily join your quality control team Fui, make sure it's good stuff ya know !!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

When I start expanding my enterprise Peej, you'll be the first on the list!

There's a brewery in Penrith who has leased a Kennards Storage-sized unit in an industrial area. Basically decked the place out with his brewing setup, and cross promotes all the local food trucks. So on set nights, he'll bring a different truck in to supply the food and they provide the drinks. It's a brilliant idea!

I think I'll need to invest in a Kegerator soon. From all accounts kegging beers is a much quicker process, because it cuts out the 6 week secondary fermenting stage

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:When I start expanding my enterprise Peej, you'll be the first on the list!

There's a brewery in Penrith who has leased a Kennards Storage-sized unit in an industrial area. Basically decked the place out with his brewing setup, and cross promotes all the local food trucks. So on set nights, he'll bring a different truck in to supply the food and they provide the drinks. It's a brilliant idea!

I think I'll need to invest in a Kegerator soon. From all accounts kegging beers is a much quicker process, because it cuts out the 6 week secondary fermenting stage
my cousin ran a twin keg set-up in an old fridge, had it against a wall so the taps were mounted on the other side was a really neat set-up all hidden nicely.
Bonus of no exploding bottles

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I've seen YouTube videos to convert fridges to Kegerators. I want to compare the costs and see how I go. Also trying to convince Mrs Fui that I need a sink in the garage. The bathroom and Garage both share the wall where the plumbing is, so it could be done.

I could just imagine selling the place in a few years, with prospective buyers wondering why on earth someone would have a sink in the garage

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Yeah I've seen YouTube videos to convert fridges to Kegerators. I want to compare the costs and see how I go. Also trying to convince Mrs Fui that I need a sink in the garage. The bathroom and Garage both share the wall where the plumbing is, so it could be done.

I could just imagine selling the place in a few years, with prospective buyers wondering why on earth someone would have a sink in the garage
or why the bathroom sink smells like a brewery

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I did home brew back in the 90s. I had plenty ready to drink and plenty on the boil at all times.

Cleaning the bottles was getting me down so I stopped brewing.

The paling fence in my backyard was quite a sight. Both the top and bottom runner of the fence had 6 inch nails evenly spaced where I used to hang the bottles to dry.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote:I did home brew back in the 90s. I had plenty ready to drink and plenty on the boil at all times.

Cleaning the bottles was getting me down so I stopped brewing.

The paling fence in my backyard was quite a sight. Both the top and bottom runner of the fence had 6 inch nails evenly spaced where I used to hang the bottles to dry.

Yeah cleaning used to be a punish. I bought this setup which has made it quicker.

So at the top is a set up where you fill the bowl with sanitiser, then put the bottle over that white bit and it shoots the sanitiser into the bottle.

Then you don’t waste sanitiser, because it goes back into the bowl.

Also looking forward to December, because it could double as an Xmas tree.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha how good is the vernacular of this forum that we’ve turned the word “punish” into a noun?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It's a great word..punish.

I've been using it on MIL.