NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: July 16, 2020, 12:16 pm I'm kinda leaning towards the Washington Inanimate Carbon Rods
:roflmao
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Redtails is the popular choice but have to admit it seems odd removing one logo due to racial conotations and replacing it with another that is representative of a particular race. Comes across as over compensating. It's should be an opportunity for a fresh start and move away from anything race related.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's about as bad as Brisbane Firehawks.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I was thinking they could shorten it to Washington Reds, but it might be too close still.

Waiting for the announcement that they’re name will be changed to the DC Redskins
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 16, 2020, 11:24 pm I was thinking they could shorten it to Washington Reds, but it might be too close still.

Waiting for the announcement that they’re name will be changed to the DC Redskins
:lol:
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Seems they've got a lot more to worry about...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: July 17, 2020, 8:50 am Seems they've got a lot more to worry about...
Sports writers have been tweeting about this for days and some of the details are starting to leak out...

WOOOOOOOOOF. This is going to be a huge story
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: July 17, 2020, 9:22 am
PrimetimeRaider wrote: July 17, 2020, 8:50 am Seems they've got a lot more to worry about...
Sports writers have been tweeting about this for days and some of the details are starting to leak out...

the sexual harrassment case? if so, can you say 'Harvey Weinstein'...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: July 17, 2020, 9:35 am

The allegations sound more like your typical office sexual harrassment cases i.e. inappropriate comments and contact.
Not even close to old Harvey's casting couch antics.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: July 17, 2020, 11:56 am

The allegations sound more like your typical office sexual harrassment cases i.e. inappropriate comments and contact.
ok, still not good
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: July 17, 2020, 11:58 am

ok, still not good
No not good but I felt a bit let down reading the story after you did the Harvey Weinstein comparison. I was expecting something a lot more sinister.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: July 17, 2020, 12:00 pm

ok, still not good
No not good but I felt a bit let down reading the story after you did the Harvey Weinstein comparison. I was expecting something a lot more sinister.
havent read the stories, just seen the headlines. it was more a Q than a statement
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: July 17, 2020, 12:14 pm

ok, still not good
havent read the stories, just seen the headlines. it was more a Q than a statement
Fairy nuff. I only read an article about the article. It's like this big investigative piece demonstrating that Dan Snyder is a pig. And in other breaking news water is wet.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: July 17, 2020, 12:36 pm
Matt wrote: July 17, 2020, 12:14 pm
ok, still not good
Fairy nuff. I only read an article about the article. It's like this big investigative piece demonstrating that Dan Snyder is a pig. And in other breaking news water is wet.
:lol:
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

What about the one where Jay Gruden and some RB were sleeping with the same chick and then Gruden benched him and his replacement missed the block that destroyed Alex Smith's leg...
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: July 17, 2020, 8:24 pm What about the one where Jay Gruden and some RB were sleeping with the same chick and then Gruden benched him and his replacement missed the block that destroyed Alex Smith's leg...
Whaaat?!?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Skins will be know as the Washington Football Team in 2020.
BORING
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Can we just continue to call them Deadskins then?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

its the right move... you concede the name is a slur, no point hanging on to it for a year whilst you find the replacement... The Washington TBD's will get an immediate karma boost in 2020
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: July 24, 2020, 10:30 am its the right move... you concede the name is a slur, no point hanging on to it for a year whilst you find the replacement... The Washington TBD's will get an immediate karma boost in 2020
Washington Tuqiris. I like it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: Deep pull!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:its the right move... you concede the name is a slur, no point hanging on to it for a year whilst you find the replacement... The Washington TBD's will get an immediate karma boost in 2020
Yeah I agree with this. They’re trying to do the right thing until they rename the club. Don’t understand the shade that’s being thrown at them.

Better than Washington [Insert Name Here]
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Potentially significant Washington name update;

User 'staticrush' on reddit has discovered that on July 15 2020, the same company that registers and manages "http://Redskins.com" registered a new domain.

"http://DCSentinels.com"
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: July 24, 2020, 1:57 pm Potentially significant Washington name update;

User 'staticrush' on reddit has discovered that on July 15 2020, the same company that registers and manages "http://Redskins.com" registered a new domain.

"http://DCSentinels.com"
Yep, I read that. Means nothing other than they're covering options and getting in early. Probably one of 50 possible domains they've jumped on as a precaution.

What they could do is find a local Dodgeball team or something that already has a viable name. Offer them $50k for trademark, domain etc and they're covered. Peanuts for the NFL franchise but a massive windfall for the Dodgeball team.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Adams now a part of the LOB
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That's a lot to give up for an in the box safety.
I was hoping he'd land somewhere outside of dallas but for that haul i wouldnt have minded him going there
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Cowboys just had their 1st 'opt out' player. Special teams CB Maurice Canady. Takes his 150K and rolls his contract over for 2021
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

A few other big opt outs

Damien Williams, the should have been SB MVP. He's out.
Nate Solder, LT for the Giants (might have played RT this year pending how their rookie looked)

Im currently engaged in the most insane Fantasy draft of all time, 32 team fantasy... and i unfortunately took Damien Williams in the 4th round, which was obscene value until he opted out :lol: Now i'm ****
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

What's the odds of having a 2020 season?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 30, 2020, 11:44 am What's the odds of having a 2020 season?
This thing changes every other day but the one thing that seems consistent from all the NFL insiders is they're all very confident the season will in fact kick off on time... what no one is willing to say if how long the season will continue after it starts.

I think it's pretty long odds that we have a full 17 week + playoffs season at this point :(
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: July 30, 2020, 1:06 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 30, 2020, 11:44 am What's the odds of having a 2020 season?
This thing changes every other day but the one thing that seems consistent from all the NFL insiders is they're all very confident the season will in fact kick off on time... what no one is willing to say if how long the season will continue after it starts.

I think it's pretty long odds that we have a full 17 week + playoffs season at this point :(
I have no doubt the NFL insiders will be predicting everything will go ahead. They have a highly vested interest in that happening. Not sure the feeling among the fan base is quite so buoyant. One thing we do know is the NFL and team owners will be aiming to overcome every possible obstacle to make it happen.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think that last sentence is probably more about why the insiders seem confident of it starting... they know the owners and NFL will move heaven and earth to have a season. So i do think come hell or high water, we'll see the season start. There is just too much money involved in this from NFL/Owner/player side to not at least TRY to get a season done...

What happens if a team has a major outbreak like the Marlins? Or an position room like OL or QB goes down, what then? That's where the dominoes can fall very quickly and the season is abandoned
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Thought this would be the best place to ask. Either here or Video Game thread.

So I’m doing a Madden Franchise with the Dolphins. Coming up to the first draft, and working to get the Cap balance right.

Is there an NFL equivalent of the NRL spine? That is, what positions should I spend the cap on, and what positions can be managed by cheapies?

Nickman's love of NSW