Corey Harawira-Naera signs with Raiders to end 2022

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: Corey Harawira-Naera set to join Raiders to end 2022

Post by simo »

RedRaider wrote: July 23, 2020, 10:37 am CHN seems to play on the left from the highlights package. Does he stay on the left and we move EW or does CHN shift? My view would be not to move EW. Thoughts?
plenty of time on the right. a bit lacking defensively though so hopefully he can improve in our system.
Dont delete this GE
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

If only the Raiders knew what it was like to punish a player for misbehaviour and see them go to another club.
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

simo wrote: July 23, 2020, 10:38 am
GMGT wrote: July 23, 2020, 10:34 am
simo wrote: July 23, 2020, 8:41 am so just oh CHN's alledged "offence", does anyone know what he actually did? theres so much junk around about it - the water just seems so muddied from what okunbor did.
from what i can find he slept with EDIT a consenting aged schoolgirl in a club provided hotel room. the woman was met outside from the school the dogs visited.
the main thing he seems to have been sanctioned for was for bringing a girl back to the club provided hotel room which was against their protocol.
so has anyone got a clearer picture of this?
Or you can just move on from it and let it go? Why are you so strung up about it? Did he sleep with your girlfriend?

We finally have footy discussion and a signing and you want to change the spotlight back to "what we did" get the **** over it, it's none of your business to per perfectly Frank.
didnt realise asking a question meant i was strung up on something. especially since its something specifically to do with this exact thread. thanks anyway, frank.
apologies if i join the crowd of people who think you can probably just go and **** yourself.
God you're a soft **** 😂 Be my guest, go join the gang of geek's who sit around on their computers all day just waiting for someone to post something new on the greenhouse, just so they can get offended by it.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

:roflmao
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Noeasyday »

Botman wrote: July 22, 2020, 7:01 pm "The nrlol website is saying that the terms of release haven't been agreed to yet.
There'd have to be some certain non negotiables such as Canberra pay his full contract, including back pay and that he can't play against us this year.
The club should then have a list of negotiable items such as player swap, corporate terms like gate takings at the next game in Canberra etc.
Ideally we get a player back, Emre Guler, Corey Horsborough or Hudson Young would be realistic aims."

Gate takings! :lol:
Guler, Hors and Young realistic aims...
This is amazing

Those dudes dont get it. He wanted out, he got out. This is how this works now. They aint getting **** except for us not allowing him to play against them this year, and some cap space.
Hey Botman, this is actually my post from the kennel, glad to see you picked this post out of all the other quality posts you could have selected from.
From my perspective, I don't particularly care if CHN leaves and where he goes, however I would like to see the Doggies get some form of compensation be it a corporate agreement of cash or a player swap. I know it doesn't happen often but there has been a precedent set previously in similar situations. Steve Turner player swap between Storm and Titans and Ben Hannant's release to Brisbane involved sharing of gate takings.
In regards to CHN the player, he'll be a good buy for your club, plays predominantly on the right edge, runs a good line but has had issues defensively. He was one of our better players last year, which, let's be honest wasn't a difficult accolade to achieve.
There's a good read about his upbringing here, which gives you an idea why he doesn't always make good choices. He left Panthers under some controversy as well. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 6973bb4138
If he does end up at the Raiders I hope he matures as a person and adds some value to your team. I enjoy watching the style of footy the Raiders play, and have to admit I had a few green snags from Lindbeck's Butchers on gf day last year.
I swear I saw him wave 6 again.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Oh boy
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Compensation...?

:lol:
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

Noeasyday wrote: July 23, 2020, 12:02 pm
Botman wrote: July 22, 2020, 7:01 pm "The nrlol website is saying that the terms of release haven't been agreed to yet.
There'd have to be some certain non negotiables such as Canberra pay his full contract, including back pay and that he can't play against us this year.
The club should then have a list of negotiable items such as player swap, corporate terms like gate takings at the next game in Canberra etc.
Ideally we get a player back, Emre Guler, Corey Horsborough or Hudson Young would be realistic aims."

This is amazing

Those dudes dont get it. He wanted out, he got out. This is how this works now. They aint getting **** except for us not allowing him to play against them this year, and some cap space.
Hey Botman, this is actually my post from the kennel, glad to see you picked this post out of all the other quality posts you could have selected from.
From my perspective, I don't particularly care if CHN leaves and where he goes, however I would like to see the Doggies get some form of compensation be it a corporate agreement of cash or a player swap. I know it doesn't happen often but there has been a precedent set previously in similar situations. Steve Turner player swap between Storm and Titans and Ben Hannant's release to Brisbane involved sharing of gate takings.
In regards to CHN the player, he'll be a good buy for your club, plays predominantly on the right edge, runs a good line but has had issues defensively. He was one of our better players last year, which, let's be honest wasn't a difficult accolade to achieve.
There's a good read about his upbringing here, which gives you an idea why he doesn't always make good choices. He left Panthers under some controversy as well. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 6973bb4138
If he does end up at the Raiders I hope he matures as a person and adds some value to your team. I enjoy watching the style of footy the Raiders play, and have to admit I had a few green snags from Lindbeck's Butchers on gf day last year.
I was hoping one of you jokers would make your way over here. Where the **** is our compensation for nick cotric??? I demand a percentage of gate takings immediately.

You people are that delusional, that you poach one of the best young backs in the comp off us, and then we sign a guy who you's sacked only to want him back later because he is better than every player on the rest of the roster. Then you try to demand compensation. Compensation for what exactly??? According to most of you dogs fans, he's a **** player and a **** human anyway. Isn't getting him off your books enough compensation for you lot??
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Noeasyday wrote:

Gate takings! Image
This is amazing

You can take Topine, but we're not giving you anything else

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

This is amazing

I understand your frustration, but the Raiders received absolutely zero in compensation for releasing Carney, Goodwin, Dugan or Ferguson for disciplinary issues. Nor would we have received compo for releasing the likes of Bateman, when he was talking to your club about sealing a ridiculous payrise.

The loss of CHN is a symptom of where your club is at right now. I suggest you reserve your frustration for club management, rather than wish for a handout from the other NRL clubs when things turn to ****.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

This is amazing

You don't get compensation for players your club summarily sacked.

We have lived it too mate.

The compensation is the good it does the club culture if your admin are good enough to turn it around. It took a few years at the Raiders but it sure is paying off now because they stuck to their guns.

How it will work out if you sack players, then bring them back again like Ouknbor, I do not know.
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

GMGT wrote: July 23, 2020, 12:40 pm

This is amazing

I was hoping one of you jokers would make your way over here. Where the **** is our compensation for nick cotric??? I demand a percentage of gate takings immediately.

You people are that delusional, that you poach one of the best young backs in the comp off us, and then we sign a guy who you's sacked only to want him back later because he is better than every player on the rest of the roster. Then you try to demand compensation. Compensation for what exactly??? According to most of you dogs fans, he's a **** player and a **** human anyway. Isn't getting him off your books enough compensation for you lot??
I'm pretty happy with the Cotric signing, the difference between the two is that we've signed Cotric for 2021 when he's not contracted to the Raiders.
CHN is currently contracted to the Bulldogs, admittedly it's very messy due to the circumstances, but regardless he has a contract with us.
If we are to release him to you I think there should be some benefit to my club outside of some salary cap space, particularly because he is one of our better players.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

This is amazing

Neither of those are remotely close to this scenario. CHN was effectively sacked by the club and the NRL initially backed them. NRL Appeals comittee then reviewed the decision and determined it wasn't a sackable offense. CHN although technically under contract wants nothing more to do with the club and has requested a release. Bulldogs management jumped up on the moral soapbox and it collapsed underneat them. They have virtually no bargaining power on this. Either keep him on the books as dead weight or hope another club is willing to take up his contract. The latter is the best compensation you'll see. Not permitting him to play to Raiders againthe Dog's this year is just a little bit of sugar on your **** sandwich.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

GMGT wrote: July 22, 2020, 7:40 pm
gergreg wrote: July 22, 2020, 7:36 pm
Raiders666 wrote:As if GMGT isn't nickman
Either him or billyt - but who can tell those two apart?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Whatever happened to the great man Nickman? Did he get banned or suffer from mental illness due to dealing with the numpties on here for too long?
Oh, I'm still about, just enjoying watching you stick to all these *checks notes*… clowns.

Keep fighting the good fight!!
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

Raider Azz wrote: July 23, 2020, 12:41 pm
Noeasyday wrote:

Gate takings! Image
This is amazing

We already have Joseph Topine, talented ypung edge backrower who would have been playing CC this year.
How did you guys get Joe Tapine again?
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

BadnMean wrote: July 23, 2020, 1:19 pm

This is amazing

You don't get compensation for players your club summarily sacked.

We have lived it too mate.

The compensation is the good it does the club culture if your admin are good enough to turn it around. It took a few years at the Raiders but it sure is paying off now because they stuck to their guns.

How it will work out if you sack players, then bring them back again like Ouknbor, I do not know.
The situation is unprecedented and I don't blame CHN for wanting out. The Raiders have handled things really well with strong leadership which hasn't been the case with the Bulldogs board for some years, however if there was a time for the Bulldogs board to grow a pair and get a better deal then this is it as CHN is still a contracted Bulldogs player.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Noeasyday wrote: July 23, 2020, 1:45 pm
Raider Azz wrote: July 23, 2020, 12:41 pm
Noeasyday wrote:

Gate takings! Image
This is amazing

We already have Joseph Topine, talented ypung edge backrower who would have been playing CC this year.
How did you guys get Joe Tapine again?
Tapine was easy. All we had to do was offer him more than the $150k Knights were willing to pay for the following year. Once he signed with us they threw their toys out of the cot and released him straight away. He didn't even ask for it. :lol:
Last edited by Northern Raider on July 23, 2020, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 23, 2020, 12:52 pm

This is amazing

I understand your frustration, but the Raiders received absolutely zero in compensation for releasing Carney, Goodwin, Dugan or Ferguson for disciplinary issues. Nor would we have received compo for releasing the likes of Bateman, when he was talking to your club about sealing a ridiculous payrise.

The loss of CHN is a symptom of where your club is at right now. I suggest you reserve your frustration for club management, rather than wish for a handout from the other NRL clubs when things turn to ****.
You're 100% right. My frustration is at the Bulldogs board, and if the board release CHN for nothing other than cap space then my frustration will only increase.
The Raiders have done a great job in building a strong winning culture and that comes through the strength of your administration and Ricky. Now I want my club to show some of the same fortitude in decision making and take a stance over CHN.
He did the wrong thing by the club and as evident in the appeal being upheld the club and the NRL did the wrong thing by him. The current situation is obviously untenable and he should be released, but why should we release a test calibre player for little gain?
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

Northern Raider wrote: July 23, 2020, 1:43 pm

This is amazing

Neither of those are remotely close to this scenario. CHN was effectively sacked by the club and the NRL initially backed them. NRL Appeals comittee then reviewed the decision and determined it wasn't a sackable offense. CHN although technically under contract wants nothing more to do with the club and has requested a release. Bulldogs management jumped up on the moral soapbox and it collapsed underneat them. They have virtually no bargaining power on this. Either keep him on the books as dead weight or hope another club is willing to take up his contract. The latter is the best compensation you'll see. Not permitting him to play to Raiders againthe Dog's this year is just a little bit of sugar on your **** sandwich.
That's a good point until you say the Doggies have no bargaining power, CHN is contracted to us until the end of 2022. If that contract is to become null and void both parties must agree on the settlement.
There's no benefit to us keeping him if he doesn't want to play, but what's the worst that can happen? The doggies get the wooden spoon? We've got one hand on it already.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

GMGT wrote:
RedRaider wrote: July 23, 2020, 10:37 am CHN seems to play on the left from the highlights package. Does he stay on the left and we move EW or does CHN shift? My view would be not to move EW. Thoughts?
He starts from the bench, seeing as he doesn't just get to waltz into our team willy nilly. What has he ever achieved in his career to even considering moving Elliott out of position for him. That would just be dumb, really dumb.
My doggies mate thinks he is a right side player

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Noeasyday wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:02 pm That's a good point until you say the Doggies have no bargaining power, CHN is contracted to us until the end of 2022. If that contract is to become null and void both parties must agree on the settlement.
There's no benefit to us keeping him if he doesn't want to play, but what's the worst that can happen? The doggies get the wooden spoon? We've got one hand on it already.
Unfortunately for the Dogs, because of the successful appeal they cannot cancel his contract without being liable for pay out. If that happened then Raiders could theoretically sign him on NRL minimum and Dogs would be compelled to cover the shortfall. Like I said, the best outcome was to have another club take over his contract in full. I'm sure the Dogs have had enough of paying players to turn out for other teams. Don't want that to continue for the next 2 years with CHN so be happy he's off the books and give up any ideas of compensation.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Noeasyday wrote:

Gate takings! Image
This is amazing

That's a good point until you say the Doggies have no bargaining power, CHN is contracted to us until the end of 2022. If that contract is to become null and void both parties must agree on the settlement.
You've got a guy that doesn't want to play for you. What is your bargaining power? You other option is he sits the rest of his contract out and you'd take the hit on your salary cap.

Face the facts, You've lost him.

Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

Northern Raider wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:16 pm
Noeasyday wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:02 pm That's a good point until you say the Doggies have no bargaining power, CHN is contracted to us until the end of 2022. If that contract is to become null and void both parties must agree on the settlement.
Unfortunately for the Dogs, because of the successful appeal they cannot cancel his contract without being liable for pay out. If that happened then Raiders could theoretically sign him on NRL minimum and Dogs would be compelled to cover the shortfall. Like I said, the best outcome was to have another club take over his contract in full. I'm sure the Dogs have had enough of paying players to turn out for other teams. Don't want that to continue for the next 2 years with CHN so be happy he's off the books and give up any ideas of compensation.
Correct, we couldn't cancel his contract even if we wanted to, but we could sit him on the sidelines for the rest of the season if he doesn't want to play. When he doesn't turn up to training, games etc we can fine him a % of his salary and it would eventually get to the point that we could legally sack him. I don't think there is any benefit in that for anyone and to be honest I wouldn't want to see that happen. I want to see the Bulldogs board use that as a bargaining chip along with the proximity of the transfer deadline of August 3rd, to get something more than cap space in return for releasing a test player.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The most important part of this discussion is that Canterbury originally incorrectly sacked him. How can the club stand in his way or think they deserve compensation at all? Gobsmacking.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

Raider Azz wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:19 pm
Noeasyday wrote:

Gate takings! Image
This is amazing

You've got a guy that doesn't want to play for you. What is your bargaining power? You other option is he sits the rest of his contract out and you'd take the hit on your salary cap.

Face the facts, You've lost him.

The bargaining power is the contract he signed with us and the proximity of the transfer deadline.
If he sits out the rest of the season rather then being released it makes no difference to the Bulldogs aside from some likely minimal cap space.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

This is amazing

GATE TAKINGS!
You actually think you're going to get a % of our gate takings... Good **** grief.

This race has been run and lost, friend.
You're getting the right to not have to play against him in 2020 and salary cap space... That's what you're club is getting for CHN.

Do i like this system? No i dont. But as i've argued time and time again on this site, it is what it is and the toothpaste isnt going back in the tube. This is the player empowerment era. The players and clubs are now painfully aware who hold the power.

You're going to lose CHN for basically nothing despite being contracted.
And if your club has it their way, they'll be getting that young Burton kid from the Panthers for 2021 despite being contracted to the Panthers.
Swings and roundabouts friend.

Should the dogs get some compensation for CHN? Probably. But then we should probably get something back for developing Nick Cotric for 5 years only to see him leave at age 21. We've certainly invested more in him than the dogs did in CHN. So you want to talk compensation, lets talk about it.

Will they get compensation? No. You guys can forget your dreams of Starling or Tapine, or Guler, or Hors or any of that nonsense. The deal is done and he'll be coming to Canberra and all you'll get for the pleasure of that is to not play him this year and cap space.

Is it right and fair that this is how it is? Probably not. But a fair is a place they judge pigs. Life isn't fair. The workforce hold the power.

Is there anything at this stage that can be done about it? No. Not really.

Do i care that the Dogs are taking a hit here? Not at all.

Appreciate you taking the time to join and share your thoughts
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Noeasyday wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:22 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:16 pm
Correct, we couldn't cancel his contract even if we wanted to, but we could sit him on the sidelines for the rest of the season if he doesn't want to play. When he doesn't turn up to training, games etc we can fine him a % of his salary and it would eventually get to the point that we could legally sack him. I don't think there is any benefit in that for anyone and to be honest I wouldn't want to see that happen. I want to see the Bulldogs board use that as a bargaining chip along with the proximity of the transfer deadline of August 3rd, to get something more than cap space in return for releasing a test player.
So keep him in the squad. Pay him but don't play him. I'd also like to see the Dogs use that as a bargaining chip before the transfer deadline. Could be funny.
Chachi
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Chachi »

Noeasyday wrote: July 23, 2020, 1:58 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: July 23, 2020, 12:52 pm I understand your frustration, but the Raiders received absolutely zero in compensation for releasing Carney, Goodwin, Dugan or Ferguson for disciplinary issues. Nor would we have received compo for releasing the likes of Bateman, when he was talking to your club about sealing a ridiculous payrise.

You're 100% right. My frustration is at the Bulldogs board, and if the board release CHN for nothing other than cap space then my frustration will only increase.
The Raiders have done a great job in building a strong winning culture and that comes through the strength of your administration and Ricky. Now I want my club to show some of the same fortitude in decision making and take a stance over CHN.
He did the wrong thing by the club and as evident in the appeal being upheld the club and the NRL did the wrong thing by him. The current situation is obviously untenable and he should be released, but why should we release a test calibre player for little gain?
I haven't looked at your forum, but I can appreciate things are blowing up over there.

We've been letting players go for disciplinary reasons with zero compo well before Stuart was coach. Before Dave Furner was coach. You can add Monaghan to the list of players. We've also had serious ongoing injuries to key players, like Campese. Most of those guys were juniors that we built the team around.

The fact is, it takes kahunas and patience to turn the ship around. Unlike us, your club has the benefit of readily recruiting players from the whole Sydney market. We mostly have to take punts on pommies, juniors and blokes squeezed out of clubs due to cap constraints.

The ridiculous overs you paid Cotric and the contract you offered Bateman is a classic example of why your club is in a mess. This issue was exacerbated during the time Hasler was coach and your board has seemingly learnt ZERO from that experience.

So when you have a crack at your club management about CHN, you can also thank them for stealing one of our best juniors and ultimately helping to drive away John Bateman from the Raiders and the NRL.
Last edited by Chachi on July 23, 2020, 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly seiffert82 :hi
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I tell you what, looking at the situation the Dogs are in right now it's hard not to draw the parallels between them and us not long ago. This is how we used to get picked apart and dragged through the mud.

Their fans seem to be putting the source of their frustration and anger on others instead of mostly themselves. Our fans would do the same thing, everyone else had to change in order for us to prosper. It wasn't everyone else's fault, it was ours, and in Dogs' situation, it's theirs too. Good luck to them, because boy do they need it right now.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Wait, wait... why is Seiff posting from multiple accounts in the same thread??
Noeasyday
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Noeasyday »

Botman wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:30 pm

This is amazing

GATE TAKINGS!
You actually think you're going to get a % of our gate takings... Good **** grief.

This race has been run and lost, friend.
You're getting the right to not have to play against him in 2020 and salary cap space... That's what you're club is getting for CHN.

Do i like this system? No i dont. But as i've argued time and time again on this site, it is what it is and the toothpaste isnt going back in the tube. This is the player empowerment era. The players and clubs are now painfully aware who hold the power.

You're going to lose CHN for basically nothing despite being contracted.
And if your club has it their way, they'll be getting that young Burton kid from the Panthers for 2021 despite being contracted to the Panthers.
Swings and roundabouts friend.

Should the dogs get some compensation for CHN? Probably. But then we should probably get something back for developing Nick Cotric for 5 years only to see him leave at age 21. We've certainly invested more in him than the dogs did in CHN. So you want to talk compensation, lets talk about it.

Will they get compensation? No. You guys can forget your dreams of Starling or Tapine, or Guler, or Hors or any of that nonsense. The deal is done and he'll be coming to Canberra and all you'll get for the pleasure of that is to not play him this year and cap space.

Is it right and fair that this is how it is? Probably not. But a fair is a place they judge pigs. Life isn't fair. The workforce hold the power.

Is there anything at this stage that can be done about it? No. Not really.

Do i care that the Dogs are taking a hit here? Not at all.

Appreciate you taking the time to join and share your thoughts
Do I like that you ask yourself questions and then answer them? Yes I do.
There is something that can be done and that is we don't release him, do I think that will happen, no, because the Bulldogs board aren't strong enough to make that decision.
Am I happy with Cotric signing on for 2021? Yes, should we have to compensate you for developing a junior and then prizing him away with cold hard cash, no. I do think there should be some kind of cap concession for players that come through the junior pathways though.
At the end of the day CHN should be released, but as he's a contracted Bulldogs player we'd be mad to not be pushing to get something back. Be that a corporate agreement or player, either way I'd prefer that my clubs administration finally had the minerals to push back against player power.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Every time CHN swipes on Tinder we'll compensate the Bulldogs 5c.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

There is nothing the dogs can do. They can push for something from us if they like... and we'll tell them we're not interested and just wait out the string until you guys do release him and we'll sign him then.
Unfortunately for your club, where you and many of the fans seem to be going wrong is assuming that because he's contracted to your club, that somehow that puts your into a position of power to dictate the terms of this.

It doesn't and your club has no power. It incorrectly sacked a man, did zero welfare checks on him, put out strongly worded statements condemning the guy. And then when he gets his termination overturned you want to pretend like he should just be thankful to have a job and continue on his merry way sacrificing his body for a club that proved it didnt give a **** about him?

And you think that is a position of power? Please. It's 2020, the players hold the power and in this circumstance, the dogs dont have a leg to stand on.

Your club has two options.

Release him now and move on with the job of rebuilding the club.
Or release him 2? 4? 6 months from now and move on with the job of rebuilding the club.

Either way he's coming to Canberra and you're not going to get anything for that. Both clubs and the player are aware of this. And so here we are, the dogs have agreed to release him, and he'll be playing for the raiders next weekend.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: July 23, 2020, 2:41 pm Wait, wait... why is Seiff posting from multiple accounts in the same thread??
He forgot which account he logged in as. Not the first person to make that mistake here. ;)