4%
Rabbitohs 1-12
4%
Rabbitohs 13+
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Re: 2020 Rd 11 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by Ilanraiders »

afgtnk wrote: July 19, 2020, 3:46 pm I know it's cliche to throw out the old 'this is our most important gave of the season' at any point in the season even when it's not that important, but I feel the next two games are for us.

We'll be expected to win them and if we do it'll not only cement our place in the top 8, but then give us good momentum going into the tough task of the Panthers away, after which will come what should be the three of the season's easiest games (Broncos, Titans, Bulldogs). From there it's one more tough task (Roosters), then Dragons, Warriors, Sharks. Two of those should also be comfortable.

With the way we're going and our style, we're at low risk of losing to bottom rank teams, so it's those middle tier battlers like the Rabbitohs we need to make sure we account for to ensure we're there in the finals.
Every game will be a challenge, it will be tough against the cows if papa n Tapine don’t travel up!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Sleek the Elite wrote: July 19, 2020, 9:03 pm
BadnMean wrote: July 19, 2020, 10:12 am
julian87 wrote: July 19, 2020, 7:50 am I’d still pick Smith-Shields ahead of Valemei. Not only is the consensus that he’s a much better player but he covers wing, centre and fullback rather than only the wing.
That was the general consensus by people who had seen much of the junior teams. But Valemi seems to have leapfrogged him.

Why do people think that is?
B/c he's the next Noa Nadruku.

Didn't you hear Ricky on Thursday night?
Imagine that eh ...... what a great winger was Noa
Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jackie Boi

Post by Sleek the Elite »

Johno wrote: July 19, 2020, 10:48 pm
julian87 wrote: July 19, 2020, 7:50 am I’d still pick Smith-Shields ahead of Valemei. Not only is the consensus that he’s a much better player but he covers wing, centre and fullback rather than only the wing.
That was the general consensus by people who had seen much of the junior teams. But Valemi seems to have leapfrogged him.

Imagine that eh ...... what a great winger was Noa
He sure was, Johno.

Get ready for a try-scoring bonanza in the next few weeks if Ricky is right.

Noa was running them in from all over the field in his first few games of first grade.

Can't wait to see Big Val do the same.
Forum members with gravitas: greeneyed, Seiffert82, dubby.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

the Fijian sidestep

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I did.

But I couldn't tell if that was because he'll become one of my all time favourite Raiders or because he can down 17 schooeys + half a goon bag in a single sitting.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Souffs love the sweep play... our edge defense better improve quick
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders still the real deal in NRL title battle: Elliott Whitehead

Elliott Whitehead says last round's gutsy NRL win over the Sydney Roosters has proved the doubters wrong.

"The media were saying that we were done for but we believed in the group we have here that we could go up to Sydney and beat the Roosters and we proved that," Whitehead said. "The next two games are probably the ones that are going to make or break our season so we need some wins," Whitehead said.

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1178175

VIDEO: Whitehead: We showed our class in depth: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... -in-depth/

Jordan Rapana ready to cover centres for Canberra Raiders

Jordan Rapana is ready to step in the centres to help the Canberra Raiders overcome a mounting injury crisis, with Michael Oldfield ruled out with a hamstring injury for two-to-three weeks and Curtis Scott (infected arm) possibly unavailable.

"For sure. It doesn't matter where I play, I'm just happy to be part of the team," Rapana said. "I think I speak on behalf of the other boys too that we can cover wherever Ricky needs us.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Rapana: I'll continue to play wherever I'm required to: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... quired-to/

VIDEO: Raiders expect Bennett to have Rabbitohs raring: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/20/rai ... hs-raring/

Ticket Information: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... rabbitohs/
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Next 2 weeks are so crucial - Stuart has a real job on his hands to ensure the team turns up with the right attitude. They have a 9 day turnaround, with plenty of positive press, at home, against weakened opposition (Roberts and Lowe are both out for the season for the bunnies). This is a classic game we drop.

I heard an incredible stat about the Melbourne Storm on the weekend. Their last loss against bottom four opposition was in 2015, they are on a run of 20 straight wins. I am not saying Souths are anywhere near bottom four - just that the Storm’s consistent ability to perform when favourites is something we really could learn from. It is all mental application, intensity and concentration.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Looks like Roberts and Lowe are gone for the season. Roberts pec and Lowe neck .
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

TongueFTW wrote: July 20, 2020, 2:14 pm Next 2 weeks are so crucial - Stuart has a real job on his hands to ensure the team turns up with the right attitude. They have a 9 day turnaround, with plenty of positive press, at home, against weakened opposition (Roberts and Lowe are both out for the season for the bunnies). This is a classic game we drop.

I heard an incredible stat about the Melbourne Storm on the weekend. Their last loss against bottom four opposition was in 2015, they are on a run of 20 straight wins. I am not saying Souths are anywhere near bottom four - just that the Storm’s consistent ability to perform when favourites is something we really could learn from. It is all mental application, intensity and concentration.
Umm I'm not sure If you've been watching us for the last few years or not but we have had no problem putting to bed weaker opponents. In saying that the bunnies are not really a weaker opponent and it is always a brutal clash between these two teams.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Rapana needs to learn how to defend in the centres.. last week he looked drunk when defending there
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Souths will Deff be NO picnic, Raiders seem to struggle against injured weaker teams, I find this match very important to build Confidence, looking at the next 10 games and getting troops back will put us in good position, souths will be up for this one.

glad Latrell is out of this clash, he usually baths us while he is half asleep, but yuk i can hear GAGAI'S name already.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2020, 5:09 pm Rapana needs to learn how to defend in the centres.. last week he looked drunk when defending there
I agree with you, but he broke down roosters plays a few times, Practically by himselfconsidering valeami was a new combo, then again luck played a role too. he along with papa and Lui showed a lot of passion.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Souffs will be very ready for us. We can match their middle but can we match their sweep plays
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2020, 5:15 pm Souffs will be very ready for us. We can match their middle but can we match their sweep plays
Lol have you seen the outside backs they have lining up against us this week
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

we should be winning this game quite comfortably. . The predicted Souths team is absolute garbage
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

We haven't beaten a team by more than 4 tries yet this year and I don't think this will be it
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

James Roberts out?

id rate him the number one money waster in the comp.

We need to be careful that bum not playing improves them
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2020, 5:25 pm We haven't beaten a team by more than 4 tries yet this year and I don't think this will be it
So that's the yardstick is it ?

4 try advantage ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: July 20, 2020, 5:49 pm
radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2020, 5:25 pm We haven't beaten a team by more than 4 tries yet this year and I don't think this will be it
So that's the yardstick is it ?

4 try advantage ?
Appears so. Those 3 try wins are overrated.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Mago on the bench will be good...Great to see him and Papa go up against each other
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

GMGT wrote: July 20, 2020, 3:11 pm
TongueFTW wrote: July 20, 2020, 2:14 pm Next 2 weeks are so crucial - Stuart has a real job on his hands to ensure the team turns up with the right attitude. They have a 9 day turnaround, with plenty of positive press, at home, against weakened opposition (Roberts and Lowe are both out for the season for the bunnies). This is a classic game we drop.

Umm I'm not sure If you've been watching us for the last few years or not but we have had no problem putting to bed weaker opponents. In saying that the bunnies are not really a weaker opponent and it is always a brutal clash between these two teams.
Actually what I've noticed, is that we play to their level to win, we haven't blown a team off the park in that time.
And I remember a comment about the roosters doing that last year, for now we just need the wins.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

hope to see papa and tapine off the bench this week
Dont delete this GE
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

God forbid we lose papa we lose everything.. even if the other injured players return
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' Elliott Whitehead confident heading into crucial NRL run

Canberra Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead believes the next few NRL rounds will "make or break" the Green Machine's campaign as they grapple with a mounting injury toll.

"It's going to be a big game, [the Rabbitohs] are playing some good rugby at the moment as well. I'm sure Wayne will have that side ready to go and raring for a win. We'll have to be at our best against them.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Whitehead: We showed our class in depth: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... -in-depth/

VIDEO: Rapana: I'll continue to play wherever I'm required to: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... quired-to/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders Elliott Whitehead and Jordan Rapana as the Green Machine prepares for a clash with the Rabbitohs. WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/npTr50ACE06

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

BadnMean wrote: July 20, 2020, 10:24 am

I did.

But I couldn't tell if that was because he'll become one of my all time favourite Raiders or because he can down 17 schooeys + half a goon bag in a single sitting.
And then knock your missus out, I love Noa but I can’t condone that
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

You just need to go back a few weeks when we played Manly with no Walker or Trbojevic, or when we were short favourites against the Knights. This team has not historically responded well when expected to win.
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Neeeegz wrote: July 20, 2020, 6:41 pm

Actually what I've noticed, is that we play to their level to win, we haven't blown a team off the park in that time.
And I remember a comment about the roosters doing that last year, for now we just need the wins.
We haven't blown a team off the park in the last few years??? Good Grief thats just poor form.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Starling should be named at 14 but start to try and match the speed in the ruck and contain the speed of cook and co.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2020, 9:15 pm Starling should be named at 14 but start to try and match the speed in the ruck and contain the speed of cook and co.
Disagree 1000%

Last weeks formula again please. KOD starting for 25 mins hopefully at lock. Havili for 30 mins at hooker and then a second stint In the middle. No other option suits imo.

Once Bateman is back we could possibly shelve the back on the bench too if him, Young and Whitehead are fit.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Speaking of Bateman, surely he mustn't be far away now.. a couple of weeks ago I think it was Ricky who said he was 3-4 weeks away. Knowing Johnny and the raiders it might even be a bit earlier than that (which it often is).
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

GMGT wrote:Speaking of Bateman, surely he mustn't be far away now.. a couple of weeks ago I think it was Ricky who said he was 3-4 weeks away. Knowing Johnny and the raiders it might even be a bit earlier than that (which it often is).
about a fortnight ago buzz rothfield mentioned 4 to 5 weeks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

If Scott is still out it is a perfect time to bring in Smith-Shields and play him in his preferred position of centre imo. I’ll be frustrated if Scott is out and Rapana and Valemei form an edge defensively when there are other options tbh.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

I really don't get the attraction for the Smith-Shields kid.
He was the one that played in the 9's and did next to nothing?

He doesn't look big enough - and in this day and age I'd much rather a tall bulky lad on the wings.
Mind you his profile says he's 6"1 and 95kg...which almost sounds like Croker. Which really doesn't seem big enough...maybe I was right the first time.

Anyway - point is I don't get the attraction to him. I hope he does well if he gets his chance, but this feels like one of those lads who'll end up at another club.

Now we wait to see when I'm wrong...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Love4Noa wrote: July 21, 2020, 9:37 am I really don't get the attraction for the Smith-Shields kid.
He was the one that played in the 9's and did next to nothing?

He doesn't look big enough - and in this day and age I'd much rather a tall bulky lad on the wings.
Mind you his profile says he's 6"1 and 95kg...which almost sounds like Croker. Which really doesn't seem big enough...maybe I was right the first time.

Anyway - point is I don't get the attraction to him. I hope he does well if he gets his chance, but this feels like one of those lads who'll end up at another club.

Now we wait to see when I'm wrong...
He's one of those juniors with raps on them but realistically we've not had anything to judge him on this year. Performances at the 9's (good or bad) don't mean much.

Of course you may be right and that's why we're seeing Valemi get a chance ahead of him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.