Colk
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by Colk »

greeneyed wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:10 pm
Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:07 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 18, 2020, 4:57 pm
Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 4:56 pm Marcelo Montoya anyone? Weren’t we interested in him?
Not me.

He might be somebody we could get
No point signing players who won’t cut the mustard, just because we could get them.
We’ll have the worst backline in the comp next year. Who would you sign to fix that?
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Rothfield reckons Curtis Rona set to replace Cotric.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 4:56 pm Marcelo Montoya anyone? Weren’t we interested in him?
Not me.

Montoya is literally the reason the Dogs are willing to pay massive overs just so they don't have to play a Marcello Montoya in their team anymore :roflmao
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Begbie wrote: July 18, 2020, 6:39 pm Rothfield reckons Curtis Rona set to replace Cotric.
Editors dream!

"Raiders contract C. Rona!"
Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

Would you rather run with Velemei, HSS, Timoko and Croker next year? That backline is seriously awful.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Begbie wrote: July 18, 2020, 6:39 pm Rothfield reckons Curtis Rona set to replace Cotric.
Thumbs up from me.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

BadnMean wrote: July 18, 2020, 6:51 pm
Editors dream!

Quote of the year 🤣🤣🤣
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:58 pm
Not me.

No point signing players who won’t cut the mustard, just because we could get them.
We’ll have the worst backline in the comp next year. Who would you sign to fix that?
We will if we sign who you want. Montoya. My lord.
Dont delete this GE
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Bailey sironen anyone ? On top of Corey, of course...
Rona would be a good signing, extend rapa for another year too, our young backs will be ready soon too, timiko and hss, semi will improve...
Maybe add another prop, our spine is set pretty much.
Siva and Tom will finish the season off well as far as the hooking role
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BadnMean wrote:
Editors dream!

Well played sir
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Rona was very very good in his final year with the Dogs from memory and considered one of the best wingers in the game.

I rarely watch Union so haven't tracked him there, wonder how he's fared and if he's able to make a successful transition back - history tells us those that do come back aren't quite as good as they were.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

afgtnk wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:48 pm Rona was very very good in his final year with the Dogs from memory and considered one of the best wingers in the game.

I rarely watch Union so haven't tracked him there, wonder how he's fared and if he's able to make a successful transition back - history tells us those that do come back aren't quite as good as they were.
I wanted him here before he went to union but agree, hard to know how a players going to return
Dont delete this GE
Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

simo wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:44 pm

Not me.

Tongue firmly in cheek regards Montoya particularly after seeing his knock on. In saying that though I’d prefer him over Scott. I have grave concerns regarding our backline next year. Seriously there is nobody out there (maybe Katoa) and our centres and wingers look Titans or Bulldogs quality
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:53 pm

Tongue firmly in cheek regards Montoya particularly after seeing his knock on. In saying that though I’d prefer him over Scott. I have grave concerns regarding our backline next year. Seriously there is nobody out there (maybe Katoa) and our centres and wingers look Titans or Bulldogs quality
If we sign no one, our back 5 next year is 2 simonson 3 croker 4 scott and 5 semi/hss/timoka. Thats without possibly resigning rapa and assuming oldy goes too. Not the worst by far. Certainly not montoya territory.
Dont delete this GE
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Rona would be a fantastic signing if the price is right and he’s hasn’t regressed.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Neeeegz wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:45 pm Bailey sironen anyone ? On top of Corey, of course...
Rona would be a good signing, extend rapa for another year too, our young backs will be ready soon too, timiko and hss, semi will improve...
Maybe add another prop, our spine is set pretty much.
Siva and Tom will finish the season off well as far as the hooking role
On a personal note your mention of Bailey Sironen brings back memories for me. I actually coached him when he was a playing under 8s for Holy Cross in Ryde I remember Paul didn't contribute to training like the rest of the other dads were.
Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

simo wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:01 pm

If we sign no one, our back 5 next year is 2 simonson 3 croker 4 scott and 5 semi/hss/timoka. Thats without possibly resigning rapa and assuming oldy goes too. Not the worst by far. Certainly not montoya territory.
Really? ?? simonson solid at best; croker good first good centre; Scott worst centre in the comp (yes that means worse than Montoya) ; rookie winger. On paper, that is worse than what the Bulldogs will be putting out next year. We might be better than the Titans. We won’t be competing with good sides with that backline
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:14 pm

Really? ?? simonson solid at best; croker good first good centre; Scott worst centre in the comp (yes that means worse than Montoya) ; rookie winger. On paper, that is worse than what the Bulldogs will be putting out next year. We might be better than the Titans. We won’t be competing with good sides with that backline
Im not discussing footy with someone who rates montoya above anyone. Good day.
Dont delete this GE
Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

simo wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:20 pm
Colk wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:14 pm

Im not discussing footy with someone who rates montoya above anyone. Good day.
I agree Montoya is awful but Scott is just as awful. Most importantly they wouldn’t be paying $500k for Montoya. Has Scott beat anybody one on one or even made a tackle break? Can he tackle or does he just grab people’s shirts? Seriously he will kill any opportunity of us remaining a good side - he is that bad

Thus even if he isn’t worse than Montoya, he is much worse value and that’s the point.
TheGeneralElectric
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by TheGeneralElectric »

Marika Koroibete? Hear he wants out of the ARU mess
Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

TheGeneralElectric wrote: July 18, 2020, 9:19 pm Marika Koroibete? Hear he wants out of the ARU mess
That’s a good option
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Bring back Dugan for a Raiders swansong!

(shoot me now)
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

TheGeneralElectric wrote: July 18, 2020, 9:19 pm Marika Koroibete? Hear he wants out of the ARU mess
If the price is right. BIG yes, would solve quite a few problems
He's a beast coming off the line and would offer us a speed element we havent had in years.

I'd be stoked if we with either Rona or Koroibete. Koroibete would be the top pick of the two
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

The alcohol must be free tonight.
Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

GreenMachine wrote: July 18, 2020, 10:06 pm The alcohol must be free tonight.
Nah let’s just back Curtis Scott - that’ll work
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Thanks for joining us here on the GH, Curtis

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

-TW- wrote: July 18, 2020, 11:44 pm Thanks for joining us here on the GH, Curtis

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Sarcasm. I wouldn’t wish Curtis Scott on even the Roosters. Actually yeah I would. We’ll take Joseph Manu
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

Aren't the Storm losing Vunivalu?

Koroibete would slot straight back in.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Botman wrote: July 18, 2020, 10:05 pm
If the price is right. BIG yes, would solve quite a few problems
He's a beast coming off the line and would offer us a speed element we havent had in years.

I'd be stoked if we with either Rona or Koroibete. Koroibete would be the top pick of the two
Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon sensible discussion :clap:
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Code hopper to replace Cotric at Raiders?

Wallabies winger Curtis Rona is to quit rugby union to make an NRL comeback — possibly at the Canberra Raider
His agent contacted Canberra recruitment boss Peter Mulholland to pitch him as a replacement for Nick Cotric, who has signed a three-year-deal with the Bulldogs.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... e645b448d7
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Hopefully he turns out better than our other Curtis, was always a fan of his when he was at the bulldogs, good mix of size pace and power and a very good finisher
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

It’s only a good deal if it’s cut price though imo. Whatever his rugby achievements are they really mean nothing at all as a winger.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote: July 19, 2020, 7:52 am It’s only a good deal if it’s cut price though imo. Whatever his rugby achievements are they really mean nothing at all as a winger.
Agreed
They leave for big money and it’s a fair risk for us, so the money would have to be inline with that risk

But yeah Rona (assuming Koroibete is just a pipe dream) could be really good for us
I thought he was one of the best wingers in the game when he left. I think I was even advocating us chasing him
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rona a great short term option. Turns 29 next year so not exactly a replacement for Cotric in that regard. Still plugs the gap while we can determine if guys like Timoko and HSS will cut it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

kiwi raider wrote: July 19, 2020, 7:42 am Hopefully he turns out better than our other Curtis, was always a fan of his when he was at the bulldogs, good mix of size pace and power and a very good finisher
Finishing was his forte from memory. Had a habit of knowing where to be at the right time. Didn’t he score like a thousand tries the year before he left?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.