Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Corey Harawira-Naera reportedly on the Raiders radar

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: July 15, 2020, 8:31 am
zim wrote:This is heading into "parra and penrith are trash" territory.
I'd say I bleed maroon - Jason Smith, Never heard of the **** territory
I tried to search that quote and the first thing that came up were the drugs charges. I'd forgotten about that :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

amiafish wrote: July 15, 2020, 9:31 am
Riaan wrote: July 15, 2020, 8:54 am In what profession where you are required to go and work in schools and you then proceed to hook up with students (regardless of being 18+) do you keep your job?? Serious question.
Catholic priest. Next question.
:lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

Finchy wrote: July 15, 2020, 4:01 am
GMGT wrote: July 14, 2020, 10:14 pm
Finchy wrote: July 14, 2020, 1:15 pm
GMGT wrote: July 14, 2020, 7:21 am
Finchy wrote: July 13, 2020, 11:27 pm

CHN was a gun when he was at Penrith (killed it in Supercoach) and pretty good at the Dogs. Definitely not a nobody.
Well and truly a nobody in my books. I'll let him prove me wrong.
He’s represented his country, so again, not a nobody just because you haven’t heard of him. The rest of the league community has
I highly doubt that. Not everyone has time to sit around EDIT while watching the Bulldogs play, champ.
I highly suspect you’re wrong, champ. You seem to be the only one here that doesn’t know who he is. Maybe you’d know a little bit more about other players or rugby league in general if you watched more than one team play every week, bud
Unfortunately I actually have a life, and a job and better things to do than EDIT watching the Bulldogs play. You're clearly one of those 16 year olds who glue themselves to the tv and watch 8 games, every single week. Dont worry I did the same thing when I was a kid too :)
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

amiafish wrote: July 15, 2020, 9:31 am
Riaan wrote: July 15, 2020, 8:54 am In what profession where you are required to go and work in schools and you then proceed to hook up with students (regardless of being 18+) do you keep your job?? Serious question.
Catholic priest. Next question.
:clap:
Dont delete this GE
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

Northern Raider wrote: July 15, 2020, 9:07 am
Finchy wrote: July 13, 2020, 11:27 pm

CHN was a gun when he was at Penrith (killed it in Supercoach) and pretty good at the Dogs. Definitely not a nobody.
He’s represented his country, so again, not a nobody just because you haven’t heard of him. The rest of the league community has
I highly doubt that. Not everyone has time to sit around EDIT while watching the Bulldogs play, champ.
You seem to have a lot of strong opinions on the footballing ability of a player you admit you had never heard of before he got suspended.
Uhhhhh that's the point isnt it? I follow the NRL closely, even if I don't always watch the other games I have a general idea of who's going good and who is ****. The fact I've never heard of him except for the time he took advantage of an 18 year old kinda says it all doesn't it???
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

If you didn’t know who CHN is you don’t know much about rugby league over the last 5 years imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

GMGT wrote: July 15, 2020, 11:29 am

You seem to have a lot of strong opinions on the footballing ability of a player you admit you had never heard of before he got suspended.
Uhhhhh that's the point isnt it? I follow the NRL closely, even if I don't always watch the other games I have a general idea of who's going good and who is ****. The fact I've never heard of him except for the time he took advantage of an 18 year old kinda says it all doesn't it???
OK, I'll take a different angle. I'm surprised somebody who follows the NRL closely had never heard of CHN.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

this conversation is absolutely fantastic
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders have been linked to Canterbury forward Corey Harawira-Naera after he won his appeal against his sacking by the Bulldogs. But the Raiders believe the 25-year-old will remain with the Bulldogs: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Has anyone seen Ethan Bullemor of the Broncos go round?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: July 15, 2020, 1:04 pm The Raiders have been linked to Canterbury forward Corey Harawira-Naera after he won his appeal against his sacking by the Bulldogs. But the Raiders believe the 25-year-old will remain with the Bulldogs: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
That's in conflict with this article just publisehd. James Hooper though, so about 30% chance of being accurate.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 79db2dc676
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Northern Raider wrote: July 15, 2020, 12:46 pm
GMGT wrote: July 15, 2020, 11:29 am

OK, I'll take a different angle. I'm surprised somebody who follows the NRL closely had never heard of CHN.
Don't waste your time with this troll.
Bonafide lobotomy required to try follow....save yourself the brain ache.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

CHN has announced he does not want play for the Dogs. Get in quick before St Merge grab him!
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

T_R wrote: July 15, 2020, 1:30 pm Has anyone seen Ethan Bullemor of the Broncos go round?
He is a goer IMO. So, yes.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

sprintman wrote: July 15, 2020, 2:14 pm CHN has announced he does not want play for the Dogs. Get in quick before St Merge grab him!
Im sure Donny is all over it.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

T_R wrote: July 15, 2020, 1:30 pm Has anyone seen Ethan Bullemor of the Broncos go round?
Dominates Q Cup but judging by what broncos fans say he'll never be anything more than a backup. He was terrible defensively earlier in the year but he was on a pretty terrible defensive edge.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Thank y'all

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 79db2dc676

"Kiwi Test forward Corey Harawira-Naera"

Hang on, he's not an international
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

he is.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

julian87 wrote: July 15, 2020, 4:23 pmhe is.
Only if you've heard of him
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

GMGT wrote: July 15, 2020, 11:18 am
Finchy wrote: July 15, 2020, 4:01 am

I highly suspect you’re wrong, champ. You seem to be the only one here that doesn’t know who he is. Maybe you’d know a little bit more about other players or rugby league in general if you watched more than one team play every week, bud
Unfortunately I actually have a life, and a job and better things to do than EDIT watching the Bulldogs play. You're clearly one of those 16 year olds who glue themselves to the tv and watch 8 games, every single week. Dont worry I did the same thing when I was a kid too :)
Well you're a few decades off, bud. I don't watch every game every week, as I have a job too, champ. But I'm glad you spent your teenage years glued to the TV, it shows.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I for one enjoy the consistent use of the word 'champ' in this heated debate.

In fact the word reminds me a lot of Nickman, RIP.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

afgtnk wrote:I for one enjoy the consistent use of the word 'champ' in this heated debate.

In fact the word reminds me a lot of Nickman, RIP.

Nothing worse than having someone ‘Champ’ you...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

General moderator request... Please cut the personal remarks, thanks.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I hope sticky drops by Belmore on Thursday to pick CNH on the way to the SCG
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

May I suggest that if the Okunbor and CNH events had taken place six months apart we would not be having this conversation now.
I'm a yes to CNH, a take to the streets with a placard NO to the Big O.

I was sad to see the treatment of Raider Skater on this blog. Again. Acceptance of diverse views is the basis of civilised discourse.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Cranky Old Man wrote: July 15, 2020, 5:39 pm May I suggest that if the Okunbor and CNH events had taken place six months apart we would not be having this conversation now.

I was sad to see the treatment of Raider Skater on this blog. Again. Acceptance of diverse views is the basis of civilised discourse.
Agreed on both points.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Diverse views are great
Inaccurate portrayal of facts and defamatory accusations are not great and put the site at risk.
That’s where raiderstaker fell short, repeatedly.

But I agree wholeheartedly on your views on Okunbor and CHN.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Riaan wrote:In what profession where you are required to go and work in schools and you then proceed to hook up with students (regardless of being 18+) do you keep your job?? Serious question.
PE Teacher
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raider_Boy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Pappa

Post by Raider_Boy »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 15, 2020, 6:27 pm
Riaan wrote:In what profession where you are required to go and work in schools and you then proceed to hook up with students (regardless of being 18+) do you keep your job?? Serious question.
PE Teacher
Hahaha! So true! It’s all about the challenge for em....
Member #6381
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 15, 2020, 6:27 pm
PE Teacher
Priest???
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Cranky Old Man wrote: July 15, 2020, 5:39 pm May I suggest that if the Okunbor and CNH events had taken place six months apart we would not be having this conversation now.

x 2 to all this.
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Timbo wrote: July 14, 2020, 12:41 pm I was initially opposed to CHN, but the more you read about it the more it’s clear that he got swept up in the circus surrounding Okunbor. CHN broke club policy and did something stupid. Okunbor did something that, whilst not illegal, was very very icky.

He would do a good job for us, and at much less money than Bateman was on.
This sums it up for me!
Damoni
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Too Easy

Post by Damoni »

casta66 wrote:
Timbo wrote: July 14, 2020, 12:41 pm I was initially opposed to CHN, but the more you read about it the more it’s clear that he got swept up in the circus surrounding Okunbor. CHN broke club policy and did something stupid. Okunbor did something that, whilst not illegal, was very very icky.

This sums it up for me!
I’m not sure about the less money thing, pinched from Penrith at a premium
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Damoni wrote: July 15, 2020, 8:38 pm
casta66 wrote:

This sums it up for me!
I’m not sure about the less money thing, pinched from Penrith at a premium
Nice alliteration!