Moderator: GH Moderators

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Re: Canberra Raiders receive representative injury allowance for John Bateman

Post by raiderskater »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 10:24 am
raiderskater wrote: July 9, 2020, 9:37 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 9, 2020, 12:27 am I would go after Corey Harawira-Naera.
Far as Im aware all he did was break team protocol by bringing a female into camp.
The PR disaster wouldn't be worth it.

And he didn't just bring a woman (female, gross) back to the hotel. She was 18, still in high school, and the Bulldogs had just done a school visit. He claims he met her away from the school, but I call bull. He was seven years older sleeping with a high school student. Disgusting no matter how you slice it (oh, but I'm sure you'll try) and we shouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
I'm trying to understand the moral position here. Is an 18yo off limits until they finish high school or is it wrong to sleep with somebody seven years younger than you?
She's not even out of her childhood if she's still in school. Meanwhile he's 25. And in a position of authority. EDIT. Probably can't get a woman his own age because by 25 they're better able to see through his ****.

And I may have been incorrect. The girls were 17. EVEN ****ING WORSE.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

raiderskater wrote: July 9, 2020, 4:22 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 10:24 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 9, 2020, 12:27 am I would go after Corey Harawira-Naera.
Far as Im aware all he did was break team protocol by bringing a female into camp.

And he didn't just bring a woman (female, gross) back to the hotel. She was 18, still in high school, and the Bulldogs had just done a school visit. He claims he met her away from the school, but I call bull. He was seven years older sleeping with a high school student. Disgusting no matter how you slice it (oh, but I'm sure you'll try) and we shouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
I'm trying to understand the moral position here. Is an 18yo off limits until they finish high school or is it wrong to sleep with somebody seven years younger than you?
She's not even out of her childhood if she's still in school. Meanwhile he's 25. And in a position of authority. Now tell me why a full-grown adult is going after a teenage school student? Because he's a ****ing predator. Probably can't get a woman his own age because by 25 they're better able to see through his ****.

And I may have been incorrect. The girls were 17. EVEN ****ING WORSE.
So at what age does a 7 year gap become morally acceptable?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 4:33 pm So at what age does a 7 year gap become morally acceptable?
I'd say that's situation dependent...we have different views on this in 2020 than we did in 1920. Going by today's standards, I'd say a 7 year age gap would be acceptable by most people once the younger partner was a full adult (say, 20 or 21).

But yeah, there's a certain arbitrariness to all of these threshold judgements. Is a person really more drunk at .05% blood alcohol than .04%? Not really, but you have to draw the line somewhere and have some rationale behind why it's there.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I'd just say the 7 year age gap is morally indefensible if one person still goes out to little lunch and then big lunch in the school playground.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'Not optimistic': Canberra Raiders' NRL salary cap relief could mean little

A scarce player market could render the depleted Canberra Raiders' salary cap dispensation usless as the club banks on the return of John Bateman within six weeks.

"There's not much out there. I've been scouring the market for weeks," recruitment guru Peter Mulholland said. "We've had to wait and see where we were with the dollars and cents, but to be honest with you, I'm not optimistic at all. It's just so hard because clubs have got no bye rounds,.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BadnMean wrote: July 9, 2020, 4:53 pm I'd just say the 7 year age gap is morally indefensible if one person still goes out to little lunch and then big lunch in the school playground.
But if they left school and work at Maccas its OK.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: July 9, 2020, 4:55 pm 'Not optimistic': Canberra Raiders' NRL salary cap relief could mean little

A scarce player market could render the depleted Canberra Raiders' salary cap dispensation usless as the club banks on the return of John Bateman within six weeks.

"There's not much out there. I've been scouring the market for weeks," recruitment guru Peter Mulholland said. "We've had to wait and see where we were with the dollars and cents, but to be honest with you, I'm not optimistic at all. It's just so hard because clubs have got no bye rounds,.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0
Doesn't sound good. Its like being handed a cheque you can't cash.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 5:02 pm
BadnMean wrote: July 9, 2020, 4:53 pm I'd just say the 7 year age gap is morally indefensible if one person still goes out to little lunch and then big lunch in the school playground.
But if they left school and work at Maccas its OK.
It's just a useful rule of thumb mate. A life hack for the simple man.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Was she? I thought he brought the teacher back. It was Jayden with the school girl. If CHN did bring a school girl home then we shouldnt go near him.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I'm sorry, but a 24 year old with an 18 year old really isn't anything big. Sure you could argue all the morals of it but it's legal and happens all the time.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We're well off topic. No more discussion of the off topic issue, thanks. Off topic posts will be deleted from here.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

I think the NRL needs to look at this rule. Perhaps they need to change it to a salary cap compensation rather than an exemption. It can be very hard to find like for like players that fits the squad. Especially if the injury occurs in the last SOS for the year. With a compensation at least you get some benefit because you can rework players salaries and get value even if there isn't a like for like player you can obtain.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

According to Rothfield on Twitter, Bateman told him he was 4 weeks away last week - so likely 3-4 weeks away, unless there is another hiccup. That’s pretty good news, if he is back by the Round 12 game against the Cowboys, could be a real boost for the team.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

I believe he needs to miss 12 weeks min to qualify for the salary cap exemption so I suspect round 13.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Stick reckons we are close to some Newby replacements..
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

As long as it's not another FPN

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

-TW- wrote: July 10, 2020, 6:04 pm As long as it's not another FPN

Or actually FPN !
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Old School Green wrote: July 10, 2020, 6:06 pm
-TW- wrote: July 10, 2020, 6:04 pm As long as it's not another FPN

Or actually FPN !
The poster boy for terrible recruiting. Until Curtis Scott arrived that is.

Thankfully we've seen may more good than bad.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I’d be cutting ties now.
He’s not part of the long term plan and we’re not winning the title with our depleted team.
Continue to blood the younger players and run the attack through our halves.
Take the spare cap room and find an adequate middle who can spell Papalii.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'm looking forward to having him back and contributing to a team that's hopefully on its way to the finals. He will be very keen to prove his worth. I'm not sure what the benefit is of giving up and cutting ties.

There are a thousand opportunities for the coach to blood young players, irrespective of John Bateman.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Yeah I’m still filthy about how he handled the lead up to the GF.
I’m more Old Testament when it comes to these sort of things.
At the rate our players are dropping we probably won’t have a choice but to play him.