Canberra Raiders receive representative injury allowance for John Bateman

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra Raiders receive representative injury allowance for John Bateman

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders receive $120,000 salary cap relief for John Bateman's representative injury

The Canberra Raiders have received a representative injury allowance due to the shoulder injury plaguing English international John Bateman's 2020 campaign. The NRL will allow the club to spend $120,000 this season on a replacement in addition to the salary cap.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canberra-r ... 69868f88c7
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders receive representative injury allowance for John Bateman

Post by Northern Raider »

So do we also have cap room from Collins, L Bateman going too? If so the cumulation of all 3 could give us something to work with to gran another middle forward.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Should be atleast 200k
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That’s not much but it should be enough to get a band aid middle
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Northern Raider wrote: July 8, 2020, 6:03 pm So do we also have cap room from Collins, L Bateman going too? If so the cumulation of all 3 could give us something to work with to gran another middle forward.
Don't you have to replace min wage players with min wage players at the very least? Collins and Bateman give us nothing extra.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Not this year, the squad minimum was reduced I believe
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

And that doesn't come with a cap decrease? Interesting.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

So for half a season thats effectively a 240k top on one of the low wagers we let go
Dont delete this GE
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Peter Penaia.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Better than a kick in the pants..
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Hasnt the cap been reduced this year so that everyone has taken some sort of pay cut? Presumably this reduced amount has regard for this lower salary cap environment.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I’m surprised by this given when he had surgery.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

I would go after Corey Harawira-Naera.
Far as Im aware all he did was break team protocol by bringing a female into camp. There were reports back in April he was going to appeal his sacking. Not sure who else we could target .
Trouble we have with signing anyone including CHN is that they would have no footy. It would take weeks to get them back to match fitness
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

What am I missing here? When the NRL came out with this rule they said it would be prorated based on the players wage capped at $350k. They gave an example of a $1million player missing 12 weeks and this amounting to $350,000 salary cap relief. So if Bateman is on the reported $580k this year that is $200k for 12 weeks. Thanks NRL for some relief, but unless JB is on $340k and is back in round 13 we have been short changed.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Maybe it's based on the time it was requested until his return date. They did request it quite late by the looks of things.

It wouldn't make much sense to grant an exemption to sign a player for games in the past.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

what week does bateman have to stay out for?
Dont delete this GE
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m also confused by the low amount of compensation in relation to matches missed.

Hopefully not another case of inconsistency in how the NRL rules on these kind of matters.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 9, 2020, 12:27 am I would go after Corey Harawira-Naera.
Far as Im aware all he did was break team protocol by bringing a female into camp.
The PR disaster wouldn't be worth it.

And he didn't just bring a woman (female, gross) back to the hotel. She was 18, still in high school, and the Bulldogs had just done a school visit. He claims he met her away from the school, but I call bull. He was seven years older sleeping with a high school student. Disgusting no matter how you slice it (oh, but I'm sure you'll try) and we shouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:
LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 9, 2020, 12:27 am I would go after Corey Harawira-Naera.
Far as Im aware all he did was break team protocol by bringing a female into camp.

And he didn't just bring a woman (female, gross) back to the hotel. She was 18, still in high school, and the Bulldogs had just done a school visit. He claims he met her away from the school, but I call bull. He was seven years older sleeping with a high school student. Disgusting no matter how you slice it (oh, but I'm sure you'll try) and we shouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
he met an 18yo independent of any school visit, he's been sacked for bringing the bulldogs into disrepute.
He has a pending appeal against his sacking. Unlikely he'll be able to play this season

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

raiderskater wrote: July 9, 2020, 9:37 am

I'm trying to understand the moral position here. Is an 18yo off limits until they finish high school or is it wrong to sleep with somebody seven years younger than you?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 10:24 am

I'm trying to understand the moral position here. Is an 18yo off limits until they finish high school or is it wrong to sleep with somebody seven years younger than you?
and at what point does it become ok to have that age gap?
Dont delete this GE
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 10:24 am I'm trying to understand the moral position here. Is an 18yo off limits until they finish high school or is it wrong to sleep with somebody seven years younger than you?
EDIT
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 10:24 am

If he met her at the school visit then it's entirely inappropriate and compromises the benefits the NRL is trying to foster in the community.

If it was genuinely independent of the school then yeah i'm probably fine with it.

He's been sacked, so I tend to think it's more from Column A.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

He didn’t meet a girl from the school visit. The other bloke did though
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'm not debating reasoning behind the sanction. My query was in particular response to raiderskater's post, which was far more generalised.

FWIW it was reported at the time that CHN was not involved with the school visit but Okunbor was.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

sprintman wrote: July 9, 2020, 11:13 am He didn’t meet a girl from the school visit. The other bloke did though
EDIT.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

The bulldogs and NRL investigation concluded he didn't meet her at the school. It's why he has the possibility of a career and Okunbor doesn't.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Bulldogs know which players are attending these events and the schools also. It was made very clear at the time that Okunbor was at the school and CHN wasn't.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Yep. The reports are as you gents are saying.

EDIT.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

amiafish wrote: July 9, 2020, 1:44 pm Yep. The reports are as you gents are saying.

EDIT.
So that's where your info is coming from. At least you're now acknowledging CHN wasn't at the school.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Please do not make claims which aren't backed by a reputable source, you need a link to a reputable news outlet. It is against the forum guidelines to make a claim about misbehaviour simply based on speculation.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

greeneyed wrote: July 9, 2020, 1:55 pm Please do not make claims which aren't backed by a reputable source, you need a link to a reputable news outlet. It is against the forum guidelines to make a claim about misbehaviour simply based on speculation.
My apologies. I must confess I had not read the forum guidelines regarding speculation. I assume that the prohibition is only regarding misbehavior?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: July 9, 2020, 1:55 pm Please do not make claims which aren't backed by a reputable source, you need a link to a reputable news outlet. It is against the forum guidelines to make a claim about misbehaviour simply based on speculation.
That won't be easy to find. :doubt:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

amiafish wrote: July 9, 2020, 3:09 pm
My apologies. I must confess I had not read the forum guidelines regarding speculation. I assume that the prohibition is only regarding misbehavior?
If there is something that could be considered defamatory, accuses people of breaking the law without some credible evidence, etc... then we'd have a problem. If you're speculating about how nice it'd be to see a certain player in green, then there's not a problem.