Field goal / golden point

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

raider 86
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Field goal / golden point

Post by raider 86 »

Hey guys does anyone know our plan here?

Years gone by we have been a rable when it comes to field goal but last year sezer finally steped up and slotted a few, well 3 in the one game against the sharkies.

This year we dont have any real contenders, Hodgo? Id say no. Jack id say no. CNK defiently cant. George has kicked one back in the UK.

This might be the difference once again in making the top 4.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: Field goal / golden point

Post by Finchy »

I assume Wighton and Williams would be the go-to men. Not great options, but all we really have. I'd expect Ricky doesn't want the team to have to rely on winning a game by 1 point. In that respect we miss Sezer. That Sharks game last year was crazy.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We didn’t seem to have a plan on Saturday, or if we did, it wasn’t followed. Didn’t look at all well rehearsed like last year.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Just go for they try!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

We never got in a close enough position to take a good shot against the Eels. We were too conservative in our play and they as a result managed to keep pinning us back. They then rolled the dice to win territory and it paid off.

Wighton and Williams both look like they can strike them pretty well - we should be fine there. The way we approach the extra period needs to come in question IMO.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Kicking to the corner rather than a fluke fifty meter field goal might be a good option, too. Where was the footy brains?
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Lui_Bon wrote: July 1, 2020, 9:34 pm Kicking to the corner rather than a fluke fifty meter field goal might be a good option, too. Where was the footy brains?
I was thinking the same.... I would have kicked to the corner and made them work it out...