Corey Horsburgh out for at least three months with Lisfranc injury

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Corey Horsburgh out for at least three months with Lisfranc injury

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Hodgson says on Sunday Night with Matty Johns that Corey Horsburgh has a suspected Lisfranc injury, he’s hoping scans show it’s not too bad.

A Lisfranc injury can be very serious...

“In some simpler cases of Lisfranc injury, where the ligaments are not completely torn and there are no fractures or dislocations, treatment may include wearing a cast for as little as 6 weeks. During this period, no weight can be put on the injured foot. Afterward, the person will need to wear a weight-bearing cast and have regular follow-ups.

Midfoot injuries that include a bone fracture, joint dislocation or abnormal positioning, or torn ligaments may need surgery. The surgery will vary based on the type and severity of the injury.

Recovery from a Lisfranc injury depends on its severity and the success of the surgery. Most surgeries will require 6-12 weeks of wearing casts and special walking boots.

Physical therapy and rehabilitation will also take time. Full recovery may occur after a year, but this can vary greatly. It may take longer than a year for athletes to regain their full strength and mobility.“

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... #Treatment

@NRLPhysio on Twitter

Corey Horsburgh has a suspected Lisfranc (midfoot) injury with scans to reveal the severity. Concern for moderate/high grade injury considering traumatic nature of injury mechanism. Higher grade Lisfranc injuries require surgery and 12+ weeks recovery, hopefully not the case here.
edwahu

Re: Corey Horsburgh has suspected Lisfranc injury

Post by edwahu »

Poor bloke. Fingers crossed he makes it back this year.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sounds like the season for him. That’s horrible, poor guy.

Forward depth will be tested without him.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Tough loss for us, he was improving each game.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wow that's really **** for Corey. He was going so well and I really feel for him.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Post by Bennyinthewest »

Terrible news, have had 2 mates get this injury. 1 has never been the same

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

This is terrible, no wonder he was so emotional on the field as he suspected something serious.
Hope he's back later in the year and the finals, if we make it that far.

Maybe Tapine comes back in versus Dragons, and Dumanius Lui on standby if he's not ready yet.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Edrick lee never really recovered from his

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Shame for Hors, he's a passionate character and fun to watch. Really hope he's able to get back toward the end of the season. If we can make a finals run he's still half a chance for origin if he can get 4-6 games done with finals.

Lui as a backup middle is ok with me. It means Sutton will get more time, which he is doing well with so far.

Young looking to me like he can handle the edge is a big relief- looks more suited their than Tapine or Hors and looks like a FG footballer to me.

We still have a pretty strong middle if Tapine is back. Without Tapine AND Hors, we lack a bit of punch and offload imo. We might need to see a bit more aggro and use of skills from Guler- an offload or show that short pass again.

In order of what they've offered us this year: Papa, Guler, Sia, Havilii, Tapine, Sutton, Lui. Depth will be tested with any more injury/suspensions.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Confirmed according to NRL.com

Unfortunate news for big Red
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Corey Horsburgh sidelined for three months with Lisfranc injury

Canberra Raiders forward Corey Horsburgh will miss three months, after scans revealed a Lisfranc injury to his foot. The injury requires surgery and a 12-week recovery period. Joe Tapine’s knee will be assessed this week to see if he will be available for the Round 8 clash with the Dragons.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/06 ... ot-injury/

Canberra Raiders lock Corey Horsburgh to miss three months

Corey Horsburgh has been dealt an injury blow, with the lock set to miss 12 weeks after injuring his foot.

"We had the late change with 'Taps' there. We've got 'Nami' sitting there on the fringes as well so it's not like we don't have depth," Sia Soliola said. "We probably just lose the quality of Corey, but we definitely have the players to back it up."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Corey Horsburgh out for three months with Lisfranc injury

Post by Botman »

Terrible news for Corey and the team
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Awful, awful news for Corey and the team. Poor Corey. He was going so well, too.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Ugh :nooo he was looking like a shout for Origin too.

Depth will be tested now.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Raider47 wrote: June 29, 2020, 5:06 pm Ugh :nooo he was looking like a shout for Origin too.

Depth will be tested now.
Origin not till November so if he does make it back in 12 weeks he'll be fine. Will also have a bit of footy under his belt with 2 x regular games, 2 x semi finals and the Grand Final. :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That sucks ass. Big time.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This is not good.
I love me some Redhorse..

Terrible news for the squad and fans.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
nachopants
Brett Mullins

Post by nachopants »

Stuff floating around today saying it's even worse than feared, out for the year
Turt
Brett Mullins

Post by Turt »

Really love Corey's aggression. He's been great this year. Will be a massive loss, hopefully back sooner.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

nachopants wrote: June 30, 2020, 10:54 am Stuff floating around today saying it's even worse than feared, out for the year
Weidler reporting he will will miss the whole season now.

BREAKING: Corey Horsburgh injury worse than first thought. Four months on sideline. Raiders say he won’t be back this year. Surgery today. Poor bloke.
@9NewsSyd @NRLonNine

https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/statu ... 1785807872

What a **** day.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Shannon Boyd come on down :lol:
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

What in the actual **** is going on?

We have been in absolute freefall from the moment the TAB installed us as premiership favourites.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Ugh that sucks for the big guy... he was starting to find his feet again and get back to his end of 2019 form too.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Corey Horsburgh reportedly ruled out for the year

The season of Canberra forward Corey Horsburgh is likely over after he injured his foot in his side’s loss to Parramatta. Horsburgh was diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury in his foot and left the field in tears of pain on Saturday.

On Monday the Raiders said they hoped he would be out for three months. However, on Tuesday Channel 9 reported that Horsburgh would be out for up to four months potentially ruling him out for the season.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... aa00df281e

Ricky Stuart expects Corey Horsburgh is out for the season, but says 12 weeks and semi final football is a best case scenario: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart tells all on the John Bateman contract drama, dropping Curtis Scott to the bench, and the latest on Corey Horsburgh's surgery. WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/TftG50AlvRB

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Lisfranc’s are dreaded by athletes - they’re notoriously slow to rehab and recover from and the heavier you are, the harder it is.

I think our expectations should be set at R1 2021, but gee the prospect of the big Red hitting his prime will be hopefully worth the wait!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

I hope it's not rushed. But we will miss him, he showed passion for sure, and was now bringing his game up to a high level.
See ya next year big red. I'll look forward to seeing you again, gonna be a good player for us over the next 5 years
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Rickmando wrote: June 30, 2020, 6:24 pm Lisfranc’s are dreaded by athletes - they’re notoriously slow to rehab and recover from and the heavier you are, the harder it is.

I think our expectations should be set at R1 2021, but gee the prospect of the big Red hitting his prime will be hopefully worth the wait!
Yeah i cant see anyway he's back this year, even if he rehabbed ahead of time, there is no RG for the big fella to get some match fitness.
Shut him down, keep him off his feet, make sure he knocks this thing on the head properly, be over cautious in fact and make sure he's raring to go for 2021 pre season.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: Corey Horsburgh out for at least three months with Lisfranc injury

Post by cat »

Edrick was a lisfranc if i remember correctly and took for ever
Vaccinated
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

cat wrote:Edrick was a lisfranc if i remember correctly and took for ever
yep mentioned it earlier in the thread I don't think he ever really got over it

Edrick The Entertainer
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

bonehead wrote: June 30, 2020, 9:16 pm

Sorry didn't read the whole thread lol
I think eddy is going ok now but took a long time to get the speed and agility back
Interesting to see if it is easier for a forward than a back?
Less sprinting and movement?
I don't expect him back this year poor bugger
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Neeeegz wrote: June 30, 2020, 6:53 pm I hope it's not rushed. But we will miss him, he showed passion for sure, and was now bringing his game up to a high level.
See ya next year big red. I'll look forward to seeing you again, gonna be a good player for us over the next 5 years
that's one thing our club is great at and that is rehabbing properly and not rushing the guys back too soon, there is a reason we don't see many re injuries like trojvovisc ( mind the spelling) at manly
Vaccinated
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

cat wrote: June 30, 2020, 9:45 pm
bonehead wrote: June 30, 2020, 9:16 pm

Sorry didn't read the whole thread lol
I think eddy is going ok now but took a long time to get the speed and agility back
Interesting to see if it is easier for a forward than a back?
Less sprinting and movement?
I don't expect him back this year poor bugger
Less sprinting and movement, but a lot more weight and a lot more players grabbing at you to stop you. Probably a bigger risk.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders firebrand Corey Horsburgh refuses to rule out the rest of the NRL season

Corey Horsburgh refuses to change his emotional approach to the game. The Canberra Raiders lock just wants to be able to control those emotions better. And he's vowed to the Green Machine his season isn't over and he'll do everything he can to get back on the park this year.

"That's a massive goal. I want to come back and play hopefully at the back end of the year, but if not hopefully in the finals if I can get back and get selected," Horsburgh said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

Emotional Raider Horsburgh working on anger management issues

Fiery Raider Corey Horsburgh will resume seeing a psychologist to help with his anger issues and expects rival players to bait him in the hope he erupts again, as he did during his emotional outburst against Parramatta.

"I love my footy, I hate losing, but I'm not very good at controlling my emotions as everyone saw on TV," Horsburgh said. "I felt a pop and knew my foot was messed up, and I reacted the wrong way. Sometimes you don't always react the way you want to.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/emotio ... 558zq.html

John Bateman saga won't deter Canberra's English Raiders: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

The Canberra Raiders could be forced to go to the market to help cover Sia Soliola's potentially season-ending surgery: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

Canberra's Sia Soliola could miss the rest of the season after scans reveal horror fracture: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canberra-r ... dab159bf8d

Canberra Raiders facing forwards shortage: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1144308

"They're saying three months," Ricky Stuart says about how long Sia Soliola could be sidelined: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/emotio ... 558zq.html
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Given his reaction, I thought something seriously untoward happened in the tackle but it seemed as though he just hurt himself and lost his ****. I love his passion but he really needs to sort that out. It could really count against him in big games if he can't control his emotions.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 5, 2020, 8:40 pm Given his reaction, I thought something seriously untoward happened in the tackle but it seemed as though he just hurt himself and lost his ****. I love his passion but he really needs to sort that out. It could really count against him in big games if he can't control his emotions.
To be fair to Corey, he certainly was being targeted with illegal tactics by the Eels. He copped at least one high shot with a shoulder to his head. No contact with the head is supposed to be permitted, but there was no penalty. I expect he thought he'd been targeted again, with a low shot, while others were coming over the top.

The club and Corey seem to think it needs attention. I don't mind that sort of reaction, seemed fair enough in the context of the game, so long as it doesn't impact on his performance.