Zimply the best

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Zimply the best

Post by greeneyed »

As usual, I'm ignoring the rules. I'm picking the strongest player, number by number.

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad... if I was just going by recent form, I'd pick Doueihi TBH. It hasn't been a great start to the year for CNK.
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Curtis Scott... seriously considered Moses Mbye.
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui... seriously considered Zane Musgrove.
11. Joe Tapine/Luciano Leilua
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Corey Horsburgh/Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Emre Guler
16. Sia Soliola
17. Jordan Rapana
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Definitely see a case for choosing Doueihi and Mbye on very recent form. Thankfully I'm not locked in to those decisions :).
Before the first 2 rounds, Zane Musgrove hadn't played a first grade game since 2017. Poor Lui haha.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

CNK
Nofa
Leilua
Croker
Cotric
Wighton
Williams
Papalii
Hodgson
Twal
Leilua
Whitehead
Tapine

Rapana
Guler
Aloiai
Chee Kam
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

That sides got some range. If the diamonds turn up could win by 30.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Round 5 The Fallout

That was one brutal game. The tiger's attitude was top notch and part of you has to feel sorry for them that they just don't have that extra touch of quality to ice things. We eventually won the forward battle and then our halves stood up when we needed them. The tiger's spine didn't offer the same finishing.
There's some forced changes to the 17 for players that didn't play but other than that surprisingly spot on.

Adjusted for game day 17:
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Nick Cotric
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Emre Guler
11. Joseph Tapine
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Alex Twal

14. Adam Doueihi
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Sia Soliola
17. Josh Aloiai
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

@julian87
TBH after reading your side I was pretty sure you were spot on and that's how the game day 17 was going to end up. Lucky for us BJ was quiet and Croker did a job on him.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

@GE
Tough week son. Having players on par again that ended up a no contest. What a shambles ;).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote:@GE
Tough week son. Having players on par again that ended up a no contest. What a shambles ;).
One of them didn’t even play!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Zimply the best Round 6: Canberra Raiders vs Manly Sea Eagles

Guidelines
1. Pick the strongest 17 you can by combining the Raiders and their opponents for this round.
2. If a player is listed in this week's 21 they can be in your 17.
3. Players can slot into any position you can realistically justify (eg played well there before / rep level / similar role already).
4. All players picked are considered fully fit. Someone coming back after being out for 6 weeks does not need to be nursed back in.
5. Having a bad 2 weeks shouldn't keep a test player making the 17.

This week's team lineups can be seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34068

Clearly Strongest 17
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Jack Wighton
5. Nick Cotric
6. George Williams
7. Daley Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Siliva Havili
15. Joel Thompson
16. Joseph Tapine
17. Emre Guler

Spine
Out of all the rounds this is possibly the strongest spine we could name, and if it weren't for a few key outs it would be close to the strongest combined 17.
Turbo has been killing it since the competition has resumed. If one James Tedesco didn't exist he'd be a shoe-in for the NSW fullback spot and wouldn't look out of place as the roos fullback.
Williams has been calm under pressure and stood up when we needed it. Walker has come up with the odd key play but lacks consistent involvement and is missing tackles.
DCE hasn't been at the top of his game but is still one of the best halfbacks in the comp, and as with most weeks we can shift Wighton into other positions to accommodate the better halfbacks.
Danny Levi is still having periods where he struggles, which is remarkable given the pack he has around him and who he is feeding. Hodgson hasn't had the same presence in recent weeks but you'd pick him over Levi any day.

Backs
2 big outs for Manly: Jorge Tafua and Moses Suli. They make a lot of tough yards and put on some big hits. It makes it harder to gauge how the solid Manly backs like Brad Parker are travelling as stats and involvement often take a hit when they take a back seat to the more dangerous players.
Rapana is getting back to his best. Cotric needs to increase his involvement but is doing enough to hold down his spot.
Tough as nails Wighton moves to centre for DCE. Croker lacked involvement last week but you'd back him to be more of a threat than Parker and he provides a goal kicking option.

Forwards
Josh Papalii and Addin Fonua-Blake have both been in top form. AFB might actually be the form forward of the comp at the moment. They aren't missing in defense either.
This is close to the strongest starting props you could ask for, and Manly are also missing Martin Taupau.

Back Row
The improvement of Curtis Sironen over the last couple of years under Hasler's guidance has been impressive. Tapine makes room for him, finding a more comfortable home in the middle.
Whitehead is looking a touch flat at the moment but still continues to work hard for those 1 percenters. Thompson is running and hitting holes well but I think Whitehead has that extra touch of class.
Jake Trbojevic rounds out the back row as one of the best locks in the league. He's got it all.

Bench
This would have been easy pickings if Manly didn't have 3 key outs.
Joel Thompson and Joseph Tapine have both been playing solidly but were just edged out of the starting side by better players. Tapine will move into the middle rotation alongside Guler who had a big game last week off the bench. Thompson could come on anywhere if there is an injury or to add some energy around the ruck.
I tried to find a spot for a few favourites on the bench. CNK has just not been himself the last few weeks. Soliola needs to bounce back.
Corey Waddell could have found himself in the side but in a theme for Manly this week he is also injured. There's a lot of similar players left to choose from that are solid battering rams or more suited to starting.
Havili has been added in to provide that second phase play and tackle busting up the middle.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’ll do the list on the basis of strongest player by position, as usual.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nick Cotric ... I seriously considered Garrick.
6. Jack Wighton
7. DCE... almost too hard to split with George Williams
8. Josh Papalii... almost too hard to split with Addin Fonua-Blake-Blake
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Sia Soliola
11. Joe Tapine
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Siliva Havili
15. Emre Guler
16. Ryan Sutton
17. Hudson Young/Morgan Boyle

That’s way more one sided than I thought it’d be when I started.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Garrick has been playing well. I just don't rate him as highly as Cotric or Rapana. Couldn't fit him on the bench either.
Manly having a few players out makes it a lot more one sided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

1. T Trbojevic
2. Rapana
3. Croker
4. Wighton
5. Cotric
6. G Williams
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. J Trbojevic

14. Walker
15. Sironen
16. Guler
17. Horsburgh
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

zim wrote: June 16, 2020, 9:07 pm Zimply the best Round 6: Canberra Raiders vs Manly Sea Eagles

Guidelines
1. Pick the strongest 17 you can by combining the Raiders and their opponents for this round.
3. Players can slot into any position you can realistically justify (eg played well there before / rep level / similar role already).
4. All players picked are considered fully fit. Someone coming back after being out for 6 weeks does not need to be nursed back in.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34068

Clearly Strongest 17
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Jack Wighton
5. Nick Cotric
6. George Williams
7. Daley Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Siliva Havili
15. Joel Thompson
16. Joseph Tapine
17. Emre Guler

Spine
Out of all the rounds this is possibly the strongest spine we could name, and if it weren't for a few key outs it would be close to the strongest combined 17.
Turbo has been killing it since the competition has resumed. If one James Tedesco didn't exist he'd be a shoe-in for the NSW fullback spot and wouldn't look out of place as the roos fullback.
Williams has been calm under pressure and stood up when we needed it. Walker has come up with the odd key play but lacks consistent involvement and is missing tackles.
DCE hasn't been at the top of his game but is still one of the best halfbacks in the comp, and as with most weeks we can shift Wighton into other positions to accommodate the better halfbacks.
Danny Levi is still having periods where he struggles, which is remarkable given the pack he has around him and who he is feeding. Hodgson hasn't had the same presence in recent weeks but you'd pick him over Levi any day.

Backs
2 big outs for Manly: Jorge Tafua and Moses Suli. They make a lot of tough yards and put on some big hits. It makes it harder to gauge how the solid Manly backs like Brad Parker are travelling as stats and involvement often take a hit when they take a back seat to the more dangerous players.
Rapana is getting back to his best. Cotric needs to increase his involvement but is doing enough to hold down his spot.
Tough as nails Wighton moves to centre for DCE. Croker lacked involvement last week but you'd back him to be more of a threat than Parker and he provides a goal kicking option.

Forwards
Josh Papalii and Addin Fonua-Blake have both been in top form. AFB might actually be the form forward of the comp at the moment. They aren't missing in defense either.
This is close to the strongest starting props you could ask for, and Manly are also missing Martin Taupau.

Back Row
The improvement of Curtis Sironen over the last couple of years under Hasler's guidance has been impressive. Tapine makes room for him, finding a more comfortable home in the middle.
Whitehead is looking a touch flat at the moment but still continues to work hard for those 1 percenters. Thompson is running and hitting holes well but I think Whitehead has that extra touch of class.
Jake Trbojevic rounds out the back row as one of the best locks in the league. He's got it all.

Bench
This would have been easy pickings if Manly didn't have 3 key outs.
Joel Thompson and Joseph Tapine have both been playing solidly but were just edged out of the starting side by better players. Tapine will move into the middle rotation alongside Guler who had a big game last week off the bench. Thompson could come on anywhere if there is an injury or to add some energy around the ruck.
I tried to find a spot for a few favourites on the bench. CNK has just not been himself the last few weeks. Soliola needs to bounce back.
Corey Waddell could have found himself in the side but in a theme for Manly this week he is also injured. There's a lot of similar players left to choose from that are solid battering rams or more suited to starting.
Havili has been added in to provide that second phase play and tackle busting up the middle.
Agree with this 1-17. Walker and Havili fight it out for that #14 but I’d have Havili winning too as Joel Thompson covers a back line injury.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Jack Wighton
5. Nick Cotric
6. George Williams
7. Daley Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Joel Thompson
16. Joseph Tapine
17. Corey Horsburgh

Team picks itself this week. All rep players pretty much fill the squad. Can't stand Walker but I'd have him at no14. Take Horse over "Groovy" Guler and Paseka for that last bench spot.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I spent the most time looking at that 14 spot. Originally I did have Walker there but switched him out for the reasons julian mentioned.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

zim wrote: June 17, 2020, 10:03 am I spent the most time looking at that 14 spot. Originally I did have Walker there but switched him out for the reasons julian mentioned.
The reasons make sense in a normal scenario. Difference here is Jurbo will play 80 mins at lock and you might struggle to get Havili into the game barring injury. Walker gives you utility value and inject a spark if/when needed.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS?!?!?!
I like it @zim.

Clearly Strongest 17
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Jack Wighton
5. Nick Cotric
6. George Williams
7. Daley Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joseph Tapine - sorry, but cant have Siro. He has been good in recent times, but Tarpz has become king of the try saver.
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Siliva Havili - coin toss for Dylan Walker.... but its Dylan Walker.
15. Joel Thompson
16. Corey Horsbugh - Need the extra genuine middle. Corey can go big, or play impact, which makes him too valuable to pass on.
17. Emre Guler
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Cheers. I think Taps has been great at saving tries on the line, it's just when he switches off the problems are further up the field.
I also think the middle rotation is stronger with Tapine there.

Going to be real interesting to see what happens in the backrow against teams like the roosters if everyone is fit.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Zim, without wanting to bias the results here, it would be interesting to know how many of our players are in line to win the skin every round. I note that both Wighton and Papa have already been named out of position at least once, so with that in mind Hodgo and Whitehead are a great chance, but I reckon Toots is a shot as well.

I've just been thinking of the rough deal Croker has had from rep selectors through his career, despite consistently being one of the best and most consistent centres in the NRL. I know he's had a bum wrap from a number of the fans, but the guy really is top shelf.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I don't really approach these as "skins" as much as the other match-ups we've done in the past. It's about the team as well as the individual position. For example moving Wighton to centre makes the team stronger because the other centre options aren't appealing. He could be the best 5/8 that week and Williams the best halfback but we've got the freedom to shift people around.
That's what happened with Papalii too.
Those 2 guys you've mentioned would be great chances, especially Whitehead. There'd have to be 2 outstanding second rowers in the match-up for him to move around. Like the Roosters with Crichton and Cordner. But even then you are probably shifting a Crichton or a Bateman to the middle or the bench before you move Whitehead. Hodgo could lose out to Friend depending on how each is travelling.
Injuries play their part too. If we had a week where there's a chunk of people out in 1 position we could see Hodgo or Whitehead move into those positions.

Croker has been in each side pretty comfortably and he'll likely only miss out when we run into those sides with great play makers and centres. Again the roosters spring to mind with Keary and Manu.
He's having a good defensive year this year, and he's shown he steps up a gear for the big games. I think he's ready for origin and he'd do well if picked but seems like that ship has sailed.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Round 6 The Fallout

What is it about Manly eh? We were hot trash and despite all the challenges manly faced they just controlled us out of the game while we panicked away our chances.
That right side is far too passive in defense. Our forwards didn't lay the platform we needed. Manly got a lot out of their solid performers.

Adjusted for game day 17:
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Brendan Elliot
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. Daley Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Gosiewski
15. Joel Thompson
16. Joseph Tapine
17. Taniela Paseka
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Hodgo shouldn't really be there IMO.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Jumping in before Zim:

1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Wighton
4. Ferguson
5. Cotric
6. Moses
7. G Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Matterson
12. Whitehead
13. N Brown

Interchange

14. D Brown
15. Horsburgh
16. Tapine
17. Paulo

Toss up between Brown and Mahoney for the #14.

Good luck errybody else.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Afgjthdhrly the best.

Not quite the same ring to it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

My traditional match-ups:

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Waqa Blake
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Josh Papalii
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Joe Tapine
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Corey Horsburgh

14. Siliva Havili
15. Marata Niukore/Emre Guler
16. Oregon Kaufusi/Ryan Sutton
17. Hudson Young
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Afgjthdhrly the best Round 7: Parramatta Eels vs Canberra Raiders

Guidelines

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34080

Clearly Strongest 17
1. Clint Gutherson
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Michael Jennings
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Joseph Paulo
11. Ryan Matterson
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Nathan Brown

14. Siliva Havili
15. Joseph Tapine
16. Emre Guler
17. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

Spine
Clint Gutherson is a real Lleyton Hewitt style player. Never gives up and is in everything. He doesn't have the turn of speed of the more dangerous fullbacks but he is a better ball player than Charnze and isn't having a few yips under the high ball.
Dylan Brown has been playing well and has really opened the game when the Eels have been on a roll but he's not quite the danger with ball in hand that Wighton is, and he's not as big a threat in defense. There's an argument for Wighton in the 14 and Brown at 6 but it didn't win me over this week.
He was down on execution last week but 2020 has been close to a career year for Mitchell Moses where he's started to take that step towards a mature playmaker.
I had to entertain a move away from Hodgson much sooner than I thought I would. He's had 2 weeks of not quite hitting his straps and last week looked a little lost. Hodgson is the better player. Mahoney has been in better form. I went with Hodgson in a close one expecting a very dominant forward pack to give him an injection.

Backs
Maika Sivo is a beast but he's also a 1 dimensional player. He's got 1 move in defense and nothing under the high ball. Cotric and Ferguson are complete wingers. At their best they can be counted among the best wingers in the game.
Waqa Blake is the Eels Joey Leilua. He can be lethal in attack 1 week then have the dropsies the next. He can also make some very poor defensive efforts. Michael Jennings has been on fire. If he had a little less grey in the hair he could be in contention for an origin spot.
Curtis Scott is an NRL player.

Forwards
Josh Papalii and a trimmed down Junior Paulo reunite to form a very imposing front row. Paulo's current form and fitness could see him sneak into a very strong blues side. Papalii will be the first forward picked for QLD.

Back Row
In a poor team performance against Manly, Elliot Whitehead was his usual classy self.
Nathan Brown has been taking it to everyone and didn't take a backward step against the roosters. In a similar style to Gutherson he is in everything and never seems to run out of energy. This year could be the year he steps into origin contention. He might not play on the day due to suspension but he's on the team sheet and this side is stronger for it.
Speaking of possible blues selections Ryan Matterson wouldn't look out of place in the backrow there either. He's making damaging runs, popping skillful offloads and has been more than solid in defense.
Shaun Lane has done nothing to hurt his chances but he just isn't in the same class as the 3 we've selected. Unfortunately for him his lack of versatility means he misses out altogether.

Bench
Siliva Havili played perhaps his best game of the season last week and provided some real spark among a pack that at times looked worn out.
Reagan Campbell-Gillard has been able to pick up that bottom lip that kept tripping him over at the panthers and formed a lethal combination with Paulo. He's got a big motor and can put on a big hit in defense.
Joseph Tapine would have to be a little frustrated in how his season is going. He immediately looked more dangerous once he was back in the middle in his second stint. It looks like his best position.
I would have liked a rocket in the style of Peni Terepo on the bench this week but he's been left out of the team lists. Kane evans also could have found his way onto the bench but we already have the better version of him in Reagan Campbell-Gillard.
Horsburgh had a much better second half than his first but needs to be looking for the offload after hitting the defense rather than reducing his impact because he is thinking about the offload as he's running up. Papalii does it well. Havili also.
Emre Guler didn't put in his best performance last week but he provides that size and focus we want along side RCG.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 23, 2020, 3:53 pm Hodgo shouldn't really be there IMO.
I agree but he was against Danny Levi. The best thing Levi did was slow down the play the ball without getting penalized. It didn't feel like it quite closed the gap between them.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

afgtnk wrote: June 23, 2020, 5:25 pm Jumping in before Zim:

1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Wighton
4. Ferguson
5. Cotric
6. Moses
7. G Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Matterson
12. Whitehead
13. N Brown

Interchange

14. D Brown
15. Horsburgh
16. Tapine
17. Paulo

Toss up between Brown and Mahoney for the #14.

Good luck errybody else.
I thought about splitting up Papalii and Paulo as well but decided scorched earth was the better way to go.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: June 23, 2020, 6:35 pm My traditional match-ups:

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Waqa Blake
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Josh Papalii
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Joe Tapine
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Corey Horsburgh

14. Siliva Havili
17. Hudson Young
Come on man this is like watching your mate get on the beers and hook up with a 2. Elliot Whitehead not sighted in the 17! Outrageous.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: June 23, 2020, 8:25 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 23, 2020, 6:35 pm My traditional match-ups:

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Waqa Blake
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Josh Papalii
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Joe Tapine
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Corey Horsburgh

14. Siliva Havili
17. Hudson Young
Come on man this is like watching your mate get on the beers and hook up with a 2. Elliot Whitehead not sighted in the 17! Outrageous.
Matt would be proud. It is the traditional skin, number on number. None of this... oh, I'll squeeze Jack Wighton into the centres stuff! These are the tough choices!
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

"It's just his rebound 17." - every other forum member probably.

What were your thoughts on Horsburgh over Brown? Just anticipating the suspension?
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

1. Jack Wighton - I know, Im messing with the system, but the 6s and 7s are so good, Im taking 3 of 4.
2. Marika Sivo
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Michael Jennings
5. Nick Cotric
6. Dylan Brown - He is the reason that left edge is so good ATM, and in attacking situations, he is getting the ball over Moses
7. George Williams - Williams has been good in winning and losing teams - Moses went missing vs Chooks, but this is a really tough call.
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Joseph Paulo
11. Ryan Matterson
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Corey Horsburgh (Id pick Horse over Brown, even without the suspension. Been better this yr, and less hot headed)

14. Siliva Havili
15. Shaun Lane - I have him over Tapine and Sia as my tweener forward. He has been very good for 2yrs at Eels. Tough call.
16. Emre Guler
18. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

17. Nathan Brown - Between him and Horse, you get aggression, power and big motor. But you cant name a suspended player, so he drops out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: June 23, 2020, 9:23 pm "It's just his rebound 17." - every other forum member probably.

What were your thoughts on Horsburgh over Brown? Just anticipating the suspension?
Partly that, and because he's already been suspended for two games this year. Horsburgh's missed a game through illness, but his numbers stack up pretty well, from less average minutes on the field.

Horsburgh has 12 average hit ups, 110 average running metres, 551 running metres, five tackle breaks, 205 post contact metres, 199 tackles, 93 per cent tackle efficiency.

Brown has 13 average hit ups, 134 average running metres, 535 running metres, seven tackle breaks, 153 post contact metres, 111 tackles, 92 per cent tackle efficiency.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Yeah for me he just doesn't have the same impact. Brown really goes up a gear against tougher opposition. Everything happens at pace. His last performance against the roosters being the most recent example.
TBH I don't think I've taken into account whether someone will get suspended during the game in any of my 17. Will keep it in mind.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Matt wrote: June 24, 2020, 12:05 pm 1. Jack Wighton - I know, Im messing with the system, but the 6s and 7s are so good, Im taking 3 of 4.
2. Marika Sivo
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Michael Jennings
5. Nick Cotric
6. Dylan Brown - He is the reason that left edge is so good ATM, and in attacking situations, he is getting the ball over Moses
7. George Williams - Williams has been good in winning and losing teams - Moses went missing vs Chooks, but this is a really tough call.
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (c)
10. Joseph Paulo
11. Ryan Matterson
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Corey Horsburgh (Id pick Horse over Brown, even without the suspension. Been better this yr, and less hot headed)

14. Siliva Havili
15. Shaun Lane - I have him over Tapine and Sia as my tweener forward. He has been very good for 2yrs at Eels. Tough call.
16. Emre Guler
18. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

17. Nathan Brown - Between him and Horse, you get aggression, power and big motor. But you cant name a suspended player, so he drops out.
We seem to have differing views on the chooks game. I thought Brown was absent in the first half (changed in the second) and Moses pretty much shouldered the load but his execution was way down (improved a little in the second).
I like the throwback to Wighton at fullback. I hadn't considered that.