Schooners and Schnits last night, we're back babyImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

Just got home from work, very dehydrated..

Adding fluid now.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Next batch up and running. This pic is 2 weeks old. Last week was bottling. I’ve had a crack at a larger this time. So I’ll have 54 bottles to get me through the winter
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

bonehead wrote:Schooners and Schnits last night, we're back babyImage

I'm hanging out for it, still a bit hard here with the 20 limit.. most of the club's are still shut

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-TW- wrote:
bonehead wrote:Schooners and Schnits last night, we're back babyImage

I'm hanging out for it, still a bit hard here with the 20 limit.. most of the club's are still shut

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
we had 3x 10 on tables

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 5, 2020, 8:24 pm Image

Next batch up and running. This pic is 2 weeks old. Last week was bottling. I’ve had a crack at a larger this time. So I’ll have 54 bottles to get me through the winter
Looks delicious Fui, I'll come around and share that hang over with ya..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ok boys and girls, I need some advice..

MrsPJs 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander needs a service..it's done 58,000ks.

Now..for the last 3yrs we've had regular scheduled servicing through our Mitsubishi dealer and of course the car is brand new so there's been no problem. But now the regular servicing has ended as part of the warranty and the car is due for a check up..at a cost..we get that.

We have no link to dealer anymore for servicing, we can keep using them but don't have to..

So MrsPJ makes a call to our Mitsubishi friends and tells them the car is due for a service and is told that the 60,000k service is a "major service" and will set us back $800.

Now that seems a little extreme.

What is a major service at 60,000k, the car is smooth...

Are they re-spraying it ?

Is that is going rate ?

I can take the car to any mechanic I choose.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah thats a bit excessive. I've never paid that much for my Focus. $500 - $600 at most for a major service, even then Im thinking that's expensive.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:Ok boys and girls, I need some advice..

Now..for the last 3yrs we've had regular scheduled servicing through our Mitsubishi dealer and of course the car is brand new so there's been no problem. But now the regular servicing has ended as part of the warranty and the car is due for a check up..at a cost..we get that.

We have no link to dealer anymore for servicing, we can keep using them but don't have to..

So MrsPJ makes a call to our Mitsubishi friends and tells them the car is due for a service and is told that the 60,000k service is a "major service" and will set us back $800.

Is that is going rate ?

It should actually state clearly in your service log book what gets done at each service so take a look at that to see where your 800 is going.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: June 10, 2020, 5:01 pm
-PJ- wrote:Ok boys and girls, I need some advice..

Is that is going rate ?

It should actually state clearly in your service log book what gets done at each service so take a look at that to see where your 800 is going.

The 60,000k service is "regular" in the log book. I rang the guy at KellyMotorGroup and asked about this service..and asked for a print out of what a major service is..

80% of this service is "inspect".

Like I said, we are not binded by warranty or contract with these people anymore, they have looked after us with regular log book servicing for 3 yrs and we've no gripe with them..but I'll be looking around.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Now..monster news.

She tells MrsPJ her answering machine is on the fritz, somebody left a message on it and she can barely hear it.."softly spoken" message were her words.

So the wifi goes and checks out this faulty machine..plays the message. The monster is right there..
"Hey mum, see this button here ? It's the volume"...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Question more for the managers / business operators in the group. These last three months have had me thinking about my current working arrangements, and I'm toying with the idea of proposing I do my 75hr fortnight by working 8 - 5 instead of 8 - 4. This will then give me the opportunity to have a 9 day working fortnight. I was thinking 7 - 5 and have a 4 day week, but if we get back to the office, this would be hard to maintain.

So my quesiton is, if one of your employees made this pitch to you, how would you see it? My inner anxieties fear that it might be a mistake to ask, in case it might come across the wrong way. Apart from the wellbeing pro's for myself, and Im thinking a bit of a company saver because its 1 less they need to factor in etc, are there any other considerations?

The other concern I'd have is the potential for it to be a progression ender. I'm held in pretty high regard at the moment, and being trained up as a potential future leader in the group, so there's a bit of concern this could put a dent in potential progression... which Im not sure Im ready to stop yet.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Flexible working hours were standard in my workplace... but in practice, that meant that people worked at least 9-6 and built up hours that they could never take off. In any case, maybe one of the ways to broach the subject might be to ask if, given the changes in way people have done business and worked from home during the shut down... would your managers be willing to consider more flexible working hours... which might have benefits for them as well. Make it a discussion... and throw up some options... say you're happy to stick with the standards the managers expect and wouldn't want to do anything which might impact your prospects, because you're interested in progressing in the organisation. Think about the thing which would make it beneficial for the organisation as well as part of the proposal.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah, flexible arrangements have been the norm for a while, but some teams are still not as... adopting of the arrangements as others. I have a mate who works remotely from New York, so I figure if it works for him, my request is nothing.

Its slowly getting picked up. I know people who live in Byron Bay / Yass and Albury Wodonga, and commute one day a month to Sydney / Brisbane or Melbourne just for the social aspect.

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wife got done speeding last week. 68 in a 60 zone. Hasn't arrived yet but that's pretty bloody ordinary.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Goodness. How far away was she?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:11 am Wife got done speeding last week. 68 in a 60 zone. Hasn't arrived yet but that's pretty bloody ordinary.

You know what pisses me orf ?

P-Platers.

Yesterday the PJ clan went for a drive to Tuggerah Westfields. Got on freeway at Morisset. It's 110km the whole way, this butthead in his suped-up Subaru goes flying pass me doing I reckon 140km..these low lifes never get caught. But some good citizen doing 68 in a 60 gets fined...

That's what's pissin me orf..

I generally don't speed..I don't intend to. I'm a go with the flo guy. If other motorists are comfortable doing a few over the limit and it's all safe then let's do that.

What I saw yesd is just plain dangerous, these youngsters are inexperienced and things can go very wrong, very quickly..

I hate them..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

:lol: paid gangers..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:
gergreg wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:11 am Wife got done speeding last week. 68 in a 60 zone. Hasn't arrived yet but that's pretty bloody ordinary.

P-Platers.

Yesterday the PJ clan went for a drive to Tuggerah Westfields. Got on freeway at Morisset. It's 110km the whole way, this butthead in his suped-up Subaru goes flying pass me doing I reckon 140km..these low lifes never get caught. But some good citizen doing 68 in a 60 gets fined...

I generally don't speed..I don't intend to. I'm a go with the flo guy. If other motorists are comfortable doing a few over the limit and it's all safe then let's do that.

What I saw yesd is just plain dangerous, these youngsters are inexperienced and things can go very wrong, very quickly..

I hate them..
She said they were hiding in the bushes - which I thought was entrapment and it was just after the 60 km sign from an 80 km zone.

Oh yeah, good one Gangers

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:
-PJ- wrote:

P-Platers.

I hate them..
She said they were hiding in the bushes - which I thought was entrapment and it was just after the 60 km sign from an 80 km zone.

fight it

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

bonehead wrote:
gergreg wrote:
-PJ- wrote:

P-Platers.

I hate them..

fight it

Definitely will. It looks like the ACT government is desperate for the revenue.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

First home beer done and dusted. I’m pretty chuffed with the result. First beer tastes better than first Cider

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

good stuff capt fui

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Do you deliver?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Coastalraider wrote:Do you deliver?
Fui always delivers

On another note I need mountain bike advice for Boney Jr. Filthy rotten child outgrew his very decent trek.
Looking at spending about $550- at the moment I'm fairly keen on the Reid X Trail 27.5 with the merida big 7 10 as 2nd pick
Any reviews?

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sure can, I have just the car ready if we beer gets panic bought

Nickman's love of NSW
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

bonehead wrote: June 22, 2020, 8:57 pm
Fui always delivers

On another note I need mountain bike advice for Boney Jr. Filthy rotten child outgrew his very decent trek.
Looking at spending about $550- at the moment I'm fairly keen on the Reid X Trail 27.5 with the merida big 7 10 as 2nd pick
Any reviews?

My instant recommendation if you are buying outright is go second hand. You will get a significantly better bike with the money that way.

But if you are intent on buying new, I would go Merida or Giant, they deliver a decent quality budget option due to mass production, but have good engineering because they also sell top end units and it filters down.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Coastalraider wrote:
bonehead wrote: June 22, 2020, 8:57 pm
Fui always delivers

Any reviews?

My instant recommendation if you are buying outright is go second hand. You will get a significantly better bike with the money that way.

But if you are intent on buying new, I would go Merida or Giant, they deliver a decent quality budget option due to mass production, but have good engineering because they also sell top end units and it filters down.
thx mate, it's his 13th bday I just can't go 2nd hand this time

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Ah that makes sense, then use the big brand plan mate!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Agreed, merida is a decent brand, but never heard of Reid? And maybe if he gets right into it a second hand bike is incredible value so long as you know what to look for. There are some amazing deals on some of the Facebook groups.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I bought his current trek second hand for $25- had aftermarket wheels, altus gearing, discs etc.

anyway, yes not sure, found the reid xenon 29 on a review of best bikes around $500- but a few reviews of the cheaper Reid's scare me.
I'll go look at the norco storm 4, merida big 7/9 unfortunately Giant are out of stock and 2021 models not released

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Something you don't see everyday in suburbia is a dead deer on the side of the road.

There's a massive beast laying out front the golf club at Cockle Crk..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

MrsPJ and PJjnr are both crook with flu..

And I've been relocated to the spare bedroom.

It's awesome I gotta say..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:MrsPJ and PJjnr are both crook with flu..

And I've been relocated to the spare bedroom.

It's awesome I gotta say..
hope they both recover quickly and its not too cold all alone in the doghouse mate

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Kelly Preston has died...57
Grant Imahara (Mythbusters) has died...49