T_R
Don Furner

Re: Terrorist attacks

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:40 am
T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:16 am
T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote:Haha, things are pretty **** desperate when you start claiming victory on the internet over grammar.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Back to making up arguments? You took offence at being compared to Anning. I explained that I had in fact constrasted him to you.

You're just being obstreperous, and it's boring to me.
You won the internet grammar award for the day now you're making a run for the ridiculously obscure word award, and you managed to use it in a sentence. Aren't you just the cleverest person on the internet? Let's just cut to what you're trying to achieve here - you have a higher education than me - congratulations.
I honestly don't think my description of the events that took place are that unrealistic or biased but you want to argue over grammar rather than the content? If this discussion bores you then why don't you ignore it? Why have you singled out me for this nonsense when others are freely commenting on the matter, on the social media, media and political aspects?

With all due respect, you've lost the plot. The only grammar reference I made was to the fact that you misinterpreted my comment, and I assumed you had done so deliberately. The obsession since has been entirely your own.

What are you talking about obscure words?? Do you mean 'obstreperous'? Obscure? My 11 year old had it in his bloody spelling words for homework last year. If you think I'm being clever by using primary school vocab, that's on you, too.

This conversation has more than run its course. Have a good day.
Of course. We use obstreperous regularly in the T_R household, but probably about 4 times a half when I'm rubbing elbow patches with my colleagues at a Brumbies vs Reds game - in the Corporate box I should add.

Have a good day, Gergreg

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:40 am
T_R wrote:
gergreg wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:16 am
T_R wrote: Back to making up arguments? You took offence at being compared to Anning. I explained that I had in fact constrasted him to you.

You're just being obstreperous, and it's boring to me.
You won the internet grammar award for the day now you're making a run for the ridiculously obscure word award, and you managed to use it in a sentence. Aren't you just the cleverest person on the internet? Let's just cut to what you're trying to achieve here - you have a higher education than me - congratulations.
I honestly don't think my description of the events that took place are that unrealistic or biased but you want to argue over grammar rather than the content? If this discussion bores you then why don't you ignore it? Why have you singled out me for this nonsense when others are freely commenting on the matter, on the social media, media and political aspects?

With all due respect, you've lost the plot. The only grammar reference I made was to the fact that you misinterpreted my comment, and I assumed you had done so deliberately. The obsession since has been entirely your own.

What are you talking about obscure words?? Do you mean 'obstreperous'? Obscure? My 11 year old had it in his bloody spelling words for homework last year. If you think I'm being clever by using primary school vocab, that's on you, too.

This conversation has more than run its course. Have a good day.
Of course. We use obstreperous regularly in the T_R household, but probably about 4 times a half when I'm rubbing elbow patches with my colleagues at a Brumbies vs Reds game - in the Corporate box I should add.

Have a good day, Gergreg
You too T_R. Maybe tomorrow we can discuss your comment on there being little difference between the two party's asylum seeker policy rather than this nonsense. It doesn't have to touch on this recent tragedy in any way.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Three dead in the Netherlands: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/world/ ... 515aj.html

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol:
what a tremendous exchange over night
gergreg wrote: March 18, 2019, 8:24 pm I don't see one good party and one bad party. I see one party that is a self serving pack of **** and one that is slightly worse. Of course I'm going to support the one I think is least worse.
This in particular got a solid giggle out of me.
I don't know (or care) whether this statement is true, but i can tell you NOTHING about how you engage in politics in this thread gives this impression. You're as ardent a supporter of the ALP as any, and all you seem to do is **** on the LNP (and rightly so i might add) and lap up anything the other side have to say (Despite the fact there is near bipartisan support for the issue that seems to most concern you).

Your postings here do not portray a man who believes both parties are *****. Not even a little bit :lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:Image
what a tremendous exchange over night
gergreg wrote: March 18, 2019, 8:24 pm I don't see one good party and one bad party. I see one party that is a self serving pack of **** and one that is slightly worse. Of course I'm going to support the one I think is least worse.
This in particular got a solid giggle out of me.
I don't know (or care) whether this statement is true, but i can tell you NOTHING about how you engage in politics in this thread gives this impression. You're as ardent a supporter of the ALP as any, and all you seem to do is **** on the LNP (and rightly so i might add) and lap up anything the other side have to say (Despite the fact there is near bipartisan support for the issue that seems to most concern you).

Your postings here do not portray a man who believes both parties are ****. Not even a little bit Image
FWIW, Ironically while I seemingly, staunchly defend the ALP and T_R defends the LIBs neither of us vote for the two majors. I am generally a Greens voter but I think last election I actually voted for Turnbull because I didn't mind him and the way he operated.

Edit: and thank you for your support. I seem to bring out the best/worst in people on this site for some reason and I really don't like it. I'm not this argumentative in person, so I think I just need to stick to the league forums.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Had a guilty chuckle. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I know it’s not really terrorist related, but.... America aye?

I’ve been trying to figure out whether they’ve always been ****ed and under Trump the curtains been opened to the rest of the world, or whether Trump perhaps hasn’t made America great. I think it’s a little from column A and a little from Column B.

I feel this is only going to get worse
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

It's definitely going to get worse.

The virus is not contained there. As their population becomes more mobile, outbreaks will occur.

Their economy is doomed.

Trump will double down on the rhetoric heading into the election.

We are watching the end of an empire and possibly the start of a war.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I don't envy whoever replaces Trump, whether this year or in 2024

That country is ****

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I fully support and endorse what is going on over there right now... obviously the mob descending into rioting and looting isnt ideal, but that's just the nature of the beast when it gets to this point. Historians have observed the "mob mentality" throughout human history, it's most notably present in the retellings of army's sacking cities. This is nothing new or different. This is human behaviour. Which is not to excuse it but just to say it can go no other way once the mob assembles

And peaceful protest has not brought about any change. At some point when your voice is not heard, when your life is not valued or protected, when you're the victim of such wide spread systematic oppression in the education system, the legal system, the employment system and then the voting system, and peaceful protest has achieved nothing, what other options are you left with outside of anarchy?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

So the government is putting the Indigenous constitutional recognition referendum on the back burners using COVID as an excuse. That does not seem to be a good plan looking at ourselves in the USA mirror.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 31, 2020, 9:05 pm So the government is putting the Indigenous constitutional recognition referendum on the back burners using COVID as an excuse. That does not seem to be a good plan looking at ourselves in the USA mirror.
Its garbage to do that and the COVID excuse doesnt wash for me.
But i dont think there is a true mirror here, th aboriginal community is on the scale of native americans, not african americans, and (sadly) they can largely be ignored with little to no consequence. We're seeing now that the african american community can be ignored but the consequences are real in the US.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yeah, I’m not so much a mirror on the rioting side. Just the feelings in our marginalised indigenous Australians who also had a similar anthem peaceful protest criticised/ignored for the most part.

Not to the same scale, but still doesn’t leave you with the warm and fuzzies.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 31, 2020, 9:44 pm Yeah, I’m not so much a mirror on the rioting side. Just the feelings in our marginalised indigenous Australians who also had a similar anthem peaceful protest criticised/ignored for the most part.

Not to the same scale, but still doesn’t leave you with the warm and fuzzies.

Not at all. Leaves me feeling pretty **** disgusted tbh
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

**** anything to rally his far Christian Right supporters, tear gas a peaceful rally out front of the White House, then tear gas and chase the priest and other staff off the verandah of their church so he can have a photo op holding a Bible there.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Don't forget the rubber bullets Bushy. And the fact that he held the bible upside down and back the front with a look of a sociopath on his face

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

He's a dead set ****. It is right to raise his name in this thread.

The guy is an immoral narcissistic racist sociopath. Through a rare combination of negligence, stupidity and pure hatred of those who he doesn't identify with, he has managed to kill thousands of his own citizens and has his country on the verge of a civil war. Like any number of men of his ilk, he is now using religion as a vehicle to spread his hate.

If he was the leader of some backwater enclave he'd simply be regarded as a tinpot dictator, but as the President of the USA he has arguably become the most dangerous human on the planet.

What the **** is wrong with that country!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Solid rant
I can't disagree with a word of it.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Trumps secretary comparing him to Churchill for clearing out the peaceful crowd with tear gas and rubber bullets so he can pose with an upside down bible.

More and more the propaganda coming out of this regimen resembles something coming out of North Korea
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Nice to see Pat Robertson turn on him, he’s as big a prick as Trump but hopefully more evangelical leaders follow suit.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 4, 2020, 10:13 pm Trumps secretary comparing him to Churchill for clearing out the peaceful crowd with tear gas and rubber bullets so he can pose with an upside down bible.

More and more the propaganda coming out of this regimen resembles something coming out of North Korea
I was just thinking that today. It really, really is.

"The Rocketman" has now pretty much become a term of endearment.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Donald Trump is the world's greatest golfer. He once shot 17 for a full round. His **** is as white as pure driven snow and smells like roses.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Nailed it.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Black lives matter.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

White lives matter
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Yellow and olive lives matter
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

**** lives matter
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Hetro lives matter
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

My dogs life matters.
This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Until black lives matter equelly, not all lives matter Q
You cant say all lives matter when POC are treated the way they are... all lives cant matter until they all matter equally

So tell that to the white, yellow, olive, hetro lives and tell it to your dog.

No freedom until we're equal.