Meet the Canberra Raiders rookies knocking on the door of an NRL opportunity

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NSW under 20s back-rower Darby Medlyn joins versatile forward Kai O'Donnell and teenage prop Ata Mariota in the fold for the Green Machine. Canberra have a handful of empty slots on their roster which coach Ricky Stuart will use should the right player come along, but for now his focus is on the squad already at hand.

"Rick's idea is we need to promote from within and we had a pretty good 20s squad last year, so he's giving them opportunities," Peter Mulholland said. "Kids like Matt Timoko and Harley Smith-Shields, Darby, Kai and those sorts, it's really important for them to capitalise.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
edwahu

Re: Meet the Canberra Raiders rookies knocking on the door of an NRL opportunity

Post by edwahu »

Any intel on Mariota? I don't remember seeing him play.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Meet the Canberra Raiders rookies knocking on the door of an NRL opportunity

Post by greeneyed »

edwahu wrote: May 23, 2020, 7:02 pm Any intel on Mariota? I don't remember seeing him play.
You might remember his younger brother Niu who made an impression early this year in junior reps, scoring an amazing try. Mulholland says he and Ata came as a package deal and, he signed Ata as he was after Niu initially. From Mt Pritchard, had only played four games of league before.

I thought he was pretty good in Ball and Flegg last year. Clearly being rated highly.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

this is around what I was looking at the other day, which of the young forwards would be the next in the pecking order.
Didn't realise that Trey Mooney was so young, what about that Leo Thompson is he a backrow potential because pathway for centres isn't a fastlane

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

edwahu wrote: May 23, 2020, 7:02 pm Any intel on Mariota? I don't remember seeing him play.
I believe he's also one of Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
I believe he's also one of Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
It’s elementary my dear Watson. I mean Fuifui.