Canberra Raiders 2020 revised draw

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Canberra Raiders 2020 revised draw

Post by -TW- »

GWS is shown in Canberra because it's the Sydney feed of 7, which gets all swans and gws games live.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

With foxtel on its knees and Nine being tossers, I don't see why the NRL and ARL don't look into producing their own broadcasts ala what the FFA are looking to do with the A-League. You'd save so so much money and could either sell the content to other networks or create their own 'rugby league Netflix'. Then things like Broncos hogging our screens does not become so much of a problem anymore.

I think sporting codes controlling their own production and going down the route of streaming services is what sport will look like in the future and is already happening worldwide. It happens with the Aus Open and then they sell their production to Channel 9. Signing a 7 year contract with Fox/Nine is a risky call IMO.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Raider47 wrote:With foxtel on its knees and Nine being tossers, I don't see why the NRL and ARL don't look into producing their own broadcasts ala what the FFA are looking to do with the A-League. You'd save so so much money and could either sell the content to other networks or create their own 'rugby league Netflix'. Then things like Broncos hogging our screens does not become so much of a problem anymore.

I think sporting codes controlling their own production and going down the route of streaming services is what sport will look like in the future and is already happening worldwide. It happens with the Aus Open and then they sell their production to Channel 9. Signing a 7 year contract with Fox/Nine is a risky call IMO.
This is the way forward. They can then sell online content straight to the consumer, and individual time slots to broadcast companies. Nein might like Friday night. Seven might like a Thursday night, ten a Saturday afternoon, fox a number if not all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-TW- wrote:GWS is shown in Canberra because it's the Sydney feed of 7, which gets all swans and gws games live.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
You say that like it means something.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 23, 2020, 11:59 am
Raider47 wrote:With foxtel on its knees and Nine being tossers, I don't see why the NRL and ARL don't look into producing their own broadcasts ala what the FFA are looking to do with the A-League. You'd save so so much money and could either sell the content to other networks or create their own 'rugby league Netflix'. Then things like Broncos hogging our screens does not become so much of a problem anymore.

This is the way forward. They can then sell online content straight to the consumer, and individual time slots to broadcast companies. Nein might like Friday night. Seven might like a Thursday night, ten a Saturday afternoon, fox a number if not all.

This is why it is so important for the NRL to maintain full control of its digital arm.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Botman wrote: May 22, 2020, 9:36 pm
gergreg wrote: May 22, 2020, 9:35 pm Like I said elsewhere who the hell wants to watch the Bulldogs play more than the Raiders.
The Bulldogs fans
Who substancially outnumber the Raiders fans.
There have been Bulldogs fans making comments in other places that they are embarrassed they have more games than us. Especially after that disgusting round 1 showing.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

raiderskater wrote:
Botman wrote: May 22, 2020, 9:36 pm
gergreg wrote: May 22, 2020, 9:35 pm Like I said elsewhere who the hell wants to watch the Bulldogs play more than the Raiders.
The Bulldogs fans
Who substancially outnumber the Raiders fans.
There have been Bulldogs fans making comments in other places that they are embarrassed they have more games than us. Especially after that disgusting round 1 showing.
They must be equally excited about the prospect of re-signing Josh Reynolds. Will make a cracking halves combination with Foran.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

OK reading this I understand why they wanted to minimise the number of stadiums
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/inside ... 54vhw.html

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'We argue for more every year': Why the Canberra Raiders can't get a fair crack on FTA

Eyebrows have been raised over Canberra's lack of free-to-air television exposure in the revised NRL draw.

"There is no doubt that we are not going to rate well in Sydney compared to Wests or Parramatta," Raiders chief executive Don Furner explains. "Nine owns Nine Sydney and Nine Brisbane. The [regional] ratings [don't] matter for them... One of the great things about the NRL taking back control of the scheduling [sic] was that it wasn't just about ratings in Sydney. It was a fairer distribution of coverage. I hope it goes back to that next year because we are disadvantaged."

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-arg ... 54vwt.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Grand Final re-match to be played at Sydney Cricket Ground

The NRL has locked in venues for the next month of the NRL Premiership with all but two teams playing from their preferred 2020 home base.

Only the Warriors, who have relocated to the Central Coast since the competition resumed in May, and the Storm, who left Melbourne two weeks ago due to the spike in COVID-19 cases to base themselves on the Sunshine Coast, will be playing home matches away from their city.

The Canberra Raiders will clash with the Sydney Roosters at the Sydney Cricket Ground in a Round 10 Grand Final re-match. Their home games will be played at Canberra Stadium, while they will have a long haul to Townsville to play at the Cowboys' new home ground in Round 12.

Revised draw: viewtopic.php?p=1739410#p1739410

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/06/nrl ... n-to-fans/
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gangrenous wrote:Fingers crossed the Broncos find a way to tank their season and Channel 9 ratings. Two birds, one stone c’mon.
While my wishes are coming true I’d like to add a Raiders premiership to this please.