All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Old School Green
Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders 2020 revised draw

Post by Old School Green »

Raider Azz wrote: May 20, 2020, 10:39 pm
Old School Green wrote:Cheers Azz
So do we play melbourne and rooters twice or we just supposing that??
Given we have played NZ and Titties already does that mean 4 games out of the 20 versus them (2 rounds already played?) So 16 games left minus those 2 means double ups against some teams which by sounds of it is Storm and Rooters??
Have I got that right or too much Gatorade?
Two games each against the Storm, Roosters and Dragons.
1 more game each against the Warriors and Titans (as we already played them in rounds 1 and 2)
Every other team once.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Thanks Azz 🙏
Not sure what kinda dreams the courier mail has but this is nothing special and is just a regular tough schedule like a lot of clubs I reckon.
Is it next week yet? Lessssssgo
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

How dumb are News limited journalists.

Of course we’re the only team who plays both the Titans and Warriors twice. We have already played them once and now you have to play another full pass through the all the teams in the competition.

Are they going to tell us that other teams also get to play twice in a season against the teams they already played in rounds one and two.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: May 20, 2020, 11:05 pm How dumb are News limited journalists.

Of course we’re the only team who plays both the Titans and Warriors twice. We have already played them once and now you have to play another full pass through the all the teams in the competition.

Are they going to tell us that other teams also get to play twice in a season against the teams they already played in rounds one and two.
Don’t think that’s how it works...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Surely the location of the games has to be a factor in whether any team has a tough draw or not? I suspect this is just another Broncos puff piece attempting to deflect from the 15 home games they will play.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Full draw is on the SMH website.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-20 ... 54uyd.html

Normally I get so excited when the draw comes out as I start planning my year. I look at it today, and it’s like, I guess that is interesting.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

One thing I have noticed about the draw is it is set up without any clashes so that the venues announced the other day could be used for the whole season.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

We’ve often complained that we get a bit shafted of rivalry rounds and season openers always being pitted against the titans or warriors or another low rating, low performing team. Well its paid off for us in getting us 3 more games against bottom 4 teams. I think that potentially makes up for our lack of a home ground to begin this restarted season
Dont delete this GE
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

By my calculations we have gone from 6 FTA games down to 3. But more pleasing is not too many home games for the **** Broncos.

Eels could be a real winner there though, playing local derbies, many of them may be at Bankwest.

Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

A particularly tough start I'd say with Storm, Manly and Eels early on.

God I'd love to crush Manly. Sick of losing to them.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:
BJ wrote: May 20, 2020, 11:05 pm How dumb are News limited journalists.

Don’t think that’s how it works...
Why isn’t this how it works?

The new draw was built based on playing every team again at least once.

Therefore we have to play Titans and Warriors twice as we have already played them. It’s impossible not to.

Surprise surprise, every single other team in the comp will also play the teams twice who they’ve played in rounds 1 and 2.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2020 revised Canberra Raiders draw

Round 1 Friday, March 13 Raiders v Titans at Canberra Stadium, 6:00pm (AEDT)
Round 2 Saturday, March 21 Warriors v Raiders at Robina Stadium, 3:00pm (AEDT) (local time)
Round 3 Saturday, May 30 Storm v Raiders at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium, 7:35pm
Round 4 Sunday, June 7 Raiders v Knights at Campbelltown Stadium, 4:05pm
Round 5 Saturday, June 13 Tigers v Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium, 7.35pm
Round 6 Sunday, June 21 Raiders v Sea Eagles at Campbelltown Stadium, 4:05pm
Round 7 Saturday, June 27 Eels v Raiders at Western Sydney Stadium, 5:30pm
Round 8 Friday, July 3 Raiders v Dragons at Campbelltown Stadium, 6:00pm
Round 9 Saturday, July 11 Raiders v Storm at Campbelltown Stadium, 5:30pm
Round 10 Thursday, July 16 Roosters v Raiders, 7:50pm (Venues to be confirmed from Round 10)
Round 11 Saturday, July 25 Raiders v Rabbitohs, 5:30pm
Round 12 Saturday, August 1 Cowboys v Raiders, 7:35pm
Round 13 Saturday, August 8 Panthers v Raiders, 7:35pm
Round 14 Saturday, August 15 Raiders v Broncos, 7:35pm
Round 15 Saturday, August 22 Titans v Raiders, 3:00pm
Round 16 Sunday, August 30 Raiders v Bulldogs, 6:30pm
Round 17 Saturday, September 5 Raiders v Roosters, tbc 7:35pm
Round 18 Saturday, September 12 Dragons v Raiders, 3:00pm
Round 19 Sunday, September 20 Raiders v Warriors, 2:00pm
Round 20 Saturday, September 26 Sharks v Raiders, 5:30pm

Canberra Raiders key facts

Teams the Raiders play twice
Storm, Titans, Roosters, Dragons, Warriors.

Teams the Raiders play once
Knights, Wests Tigers, Sea Eagles, Eels, Rabbitohs, Cowboys, Panthers, Broncos, Bulldogs, Sharks.

Day-by-day breakdown
Thursday - 1 games, Friday - 2, Saturday - 13, Sunday - 4

Toughest stretch
Doubles against the Roosters and Storm make for a tough draw overall. The Green Machine cops those two back to back in rounds 10 and 11 before facing the Bunnies then the Cowboys away.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/rai ... -snapshot/

Canberra Raiders' revamped NRL draw revealed: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Revised 2020 NRL Premiership draw

The revised 2020 NRL Premiership draw will feature a blockbuster start and finish, traditional rivalries and 18 weeks of uninterrupted football for fans.

The NRL released the full draw for NRL Premiership today – exactly one week out from the game’s much-anticipated return.

When the season resumes on May 28, it will feature a 20-round schedule, a four week Finals series and an October 25 Grand Final.

Highlights of the resumed competition draw include:

Key rivalries such as Broncos-Cowboys, Roosters-Rabbitohs, Dragons-Roosters, Eels-Wests Tigers, Storm-Sea Eagles, Eels-Bulldogs, Dragons-Sharks and Eels-Panthers featuring twice across the full season;
The Grand Final re-match between Sydney Roosters and Canberra Raiders on Thursday night in Round 10;
The traditional ANZAC match between St George Illawarra Dragons and Sydney Roosters will now be played on Thursday, August 6 (in Round 13) – the anniversary of the Battle of Lone Pine;
A bumper final round which will include Broncos-Cowboys, Rabbitohs-Roosters and Wests Tigers-Eels.

The NRL also released the dates for the 2020 State of Origin Series and Women’s State of Origin.

Game One on November 4
Game Two on November 11
Game Three on November 18

The Women’s Origin fixture will be played on Friday, November 13. Venues for all Origin matches will be determined later this year.

NRL Acting CEO Andrew Abdo said the 2020 season promises an exciting and unpredictable competition.

“After months of careful preparation and planning, the NRL Premiership is back and will be faster and tougher than ever before,” he said.

“Everyone has fought so hard to get the game back on the field. There are new fixtures and new venues, but when the players take the field, the desire to win will be that much higher given the sacrifices made to this point. The schedule of 18 uninterrupted weeks of football combined with the new rules to make the game faster, will deliver the heart-pounding entertainment fans expect.”

In announcing the draw, Mr Abdo also acknowledged the vital role the game’s partners had played to ensure the resumption of the competition.

“I want to thank all stakeholders including our naming rights partner Telstra for their continued support. I particularly want to thank our television broadcast partners Foxtel, Channel Nine and Sky New Zealand who will bring our game to millions of fans.

“And I want to acknowledge Chairman Peter V’landys, and the Commission for their leadership as well as the Clubs and Players for their united commitment and spirit to ensure the resumption of the competition.”

Mr Abdo said the rescheduling of the Origin series this year provided an enormous opportunity to provide fans with an uninterrupted series in November.

“The changes to the schedule this year have allowed Origin to be played after the Grand Final – which is a first for the game, 40 years after the birth of the country’s biggest sporting rivalry,” he said.

“And to have our women’s Origin match on prime time on a Friday night – just two days after Game Two of the men’s series – will make this two-week period an historic one for the sport.

“This season will offer storylines, drama and excitement that cannot be scripted. Kick-off cannot come soon enough for all of us.”

Fans who have already purchased tickets, NRL Hospitality or NRL Travel packages will be contacted directly by the NRL or Ticketek as soon as the venue for each State of Origin game has been confirmed.

NRL media release

Full revised 2020 NRL draw: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33722&p=1728843#p1728843

NRL draw for 2020: Rescheduled season full of rivalries: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/nrl ... rivalries/

The new NRL 2020 draw: What you need to know: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/the ... d-to-know/

Breaking new ground: Origin series and women's game in November: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/bre ... -november/

VIDEO: The best are coming back: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/the ... ming-back/

VIDEO: It's game on: NRL acting CEO Andrew Abdo gives an update on the re-launch of the 2020 NRL Premiership season: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/21/rug ... e-is-back/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Looks like we're on FTA just four times... assuming that the Saturday night 7:35pm slot is also on Nine late in the season.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I wonder if any executive at Channel 9 has ever sat down and figured out that if they show another team more often, those teams would then have a chance to _grow_ their ratings/fans and become as popular as some of the popular teams and this Channel 9 could end up with an bigger game, a more valuable product AT THE SAME PRICE they paid for it originally! What a bargain that would be! What a valuable property!

But nah it must be a zero sum game and that could only happen by gobbling up the fans of the other team, I mean, who has ever heard of growth?
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Looking at that draw is my view is that the hardest part is probably the 6 or so weeks from round 6. With no really long tough patches with more than a couple of tough games before a lower quality team.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

BadnMean wrote: May 21, 2020, 9:53 am I wonder if any executive at Channel 9 has ever sat down and figured out that if they show another team more often, those teams would then have a chance to _grow_ their ratings/fans and become as popular as some of the popular teams and this Channel 9 could end up with an bigger game, a more valuable product AT THE SAME PRICE they paid for it originally! What a bargain that would be! What a valuable property!

But nah it must be a zero sum game and that could only happen by gobbling up the fans of the other team, I mean, who has ever heard of growth?
i think it works the opposite way. if youre trying to get money out of just a couple of games a week, you want the majority of fans to support 2 teams.
in a reduced game season and after the hit the games takes, it makes sense for nein financially (for this season at least) to maximise viewership and revenue based on what they knoiw
Dont delete this GE
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

5 of the next 7 games at "home".
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

Just noticed on the nrl app that the game against the Knights is showing Suncorp as the venue. Wasn't that meant to be at Campbelltown?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raider dos wrote: May 21, 2020, 10:38 am Just noticed on the nrl app that the game against the Knights is showing Suncorp as the venue. Wasn't that meant to be at Campbelltown?
It is at Campbelltown.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think the complaints/concerns about where we play home games is pretty silly
there is not going to be any crowds, the reason home field advantage is important is the value a home crowd can have... aint no one getting that. Its just a field now, the ultimate equaliser... a lot of the teams we play there, like Newcastle and Melbourne will be travelling similar times... even half of the sydney teams are looking at an hour drive compared to our 2.5... it's not a big deal guys.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: May 21, 2020, 11:04 am I think the complaints/concerns about where we play home games is pretty silly
there is not going to be any crowds, the reason home field advantage is important is the value a home crowd can have... aint no one getting that. Its just a field now, the ultimate equaliser... a lot of the teams we play there, like Newcastle and Melbourne will be travelling similar times... even half of the sydney teams are looking at an hour drive compared to our 2.5... it's not a big deal guys.
The field makes no difference, but the travel time is significant. The Raiders have significant travel time EVERY weekend. It's a minimum of 2 and a half hours to Campbelltown, that's just the driving time from Raiders HQ... the trip for players will be in excess of three hours minimum... there and back. That's just for their HOME games. It'll be at least a couple of hours flying anywhere. Travel has quite an impact on preparation and recovery.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Agreed, would the players prefer to roll out of bed on gameday having only to worry about rocking up to Canberra stadium 2 hours before kick off, or factoring in travel time.

I'm sure if you said to any QLD teams your playing a five week stretch of games in Canberra, in the middle of winter, those teams would see it as a disadvantage.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Day-by-day breakdown of remaining games in the season

Thursday (1 game) 5.5%, Friday (1 game) 5.5%, Saturday (12 games) 67%, Sunday (4 games) 22%

can our new run out song be Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting?
followed by the viking clap, then highway to hell just to please GE.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yes, yes, yes GE, i get all that. It's all very tough and very unfair, blah blah blah

Now back to practicalities of trying to get a season off the ground in such circumstances, virtually every club is making some sacrifices and concessions. The NRL has bent over backwards to try and accommodate our anti-vaxxers. The only reason Campbelltown itself is being used at all is to make life a little easier for us.

And still we're going to be playing teams who are also travelling, the knights will make virtually the same journey as us... Melbourne's travel time significantly more than us. Probably when its all said and done at least half the teams we will play at Campbelltown will have had as much or more disruptive travel than us. And our disruption of travel is actually extremely minimal. 6 hours of travel is not ideal for preparation but lucky for us, we have another 160 odd hours during the week that we can be preparing in :lol:
The immediate recovery stuff gets done in the sheds before they'd leave for home anyways, and the ongoing recovery stuff will be slightly impacted but most of the elevation, icing, stretching can still be done if the club is organised and prepared. Again, this is not a major impact to the team./
It's fine.

I repeat, it's not a big deal guys. Every NRL team, in fact every professional sporting team is going to have to "win the situation" during this period. The teams that focus on adaptation and winning the situation will be successful. Those who get mired down in the circumstances and worry about how its all so unfair will fail miserably.

I've loved the way the coach and players have embraced this weird season.This team is brimming with confidence and they're willing to play anyone and anywhere and are preparing to give them the business.

Our fan base could learn a thing or two from the mentality of our team.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

simo wrote: May 21, 2020, 10:18 am
BadnMean wrote: May 21, 2020, 9:53 am I wonder if any executive at Channel 9 has ever sat down and figured out that if they show another team more often, those teams would then have a chance to _grow_ their ratings/fans and become as popular as some of the popular teams and this Channel 9 could end up with an bigger game, a more valuable product AT THE SAME PRICE they paid for it originally! What a bargain that would be! What a valuable property!

i think it works the opposite way. if youre trying to get money out of just a couple of games a week, you want the majority of fans to support 2 teams.
in a reduced game season and after the hit the games takes, it makes sense for nein financially (for this season at least) to maximise viewership and revenue based on what they knoiw
If you're growing the game you are no longer at the mercy of having your 2 pet teams do well each season. The bigger the game gets, the more fans, the more valuable the product you are showing. I'm speaking in the short to medium term 2-5 years not this season in particular.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: May 21, 2020, 11:32 am Yes, yes, yes GE, i get all that. It's all very tough and very unfair, blah blah blah

Now back to practicalities of trying to get a season off the ground in such circumstances, virtually every club is making some sacrifices and concessions. The NRL has bent over backwards to try and accommodate our anti-vaxxers. The only reason Campbelltown itself is being used at all is to make life a little easier for us.

And still we're going to be playing teams who are also travelling, the knights will make virtually the same journey as us... Melbourne's travel time significantly more than us. Probably when its all said and done at least half the teams we will play at Campbelltown will have had as much or more disruptive travel than us. And our disruption of travel is actually extremely minimal. 6 hours of travel is not ideal for preparation but lucky for us, we have another 160 odd hours during the week that we can be preparing in :lol:
The immediate recovery stuff gets done in the sheds before they'd leave for home anyways, and the ongoing recovery stuff will be slightly impacted but most of the elevation, icing, stretching can still be done if the club is organised and prepared. Again, this is not a major impact to the team./
It's fine.

I repeat, it's not a big deal guys. Every NRL team, in fact every professional sporting team is going to have to "win the situation" during this period. The teams that focus on adaptation and winning the situation will be successful. Those who get mired down in the circumstances and worry about how its all so unfair will fail miserably.

I've loved the way the coach and players have embraced this weird season.This team is brimming with confidence and they're willing to play anyone and anywhere and are preparing to give them the business.

Our fan base could learn a thing or two from the mentality of our team.
How the club and players have responded is great and is precisely how they should be responding. I suspect that the club is being helped in this by the leadership coach that they have brought in... they are absolutely on point with how they handle adversity these days, including refereeing decisions.

There is absolutely no reason that the fans need to mirror their approach. The fans should, IMO, be pushing for their club to be treated fairly. In this case, they have not been treated fairly. Even Sydney commentators are saying the Raiders are the "biggest losers" in the venue decisions. It is incorrect, in my view, to suggest the travel burden/disruption for the Raiders is "minimal". Given the significant expansion of venues used in the early stages... compared to the initial plans - essentially to make travel easier for most clubs - the NRL should have used Canberra Stadium as a venue. Indeed, it would probably be safer for games to be played in Canberra than Melbourne right now. I don't expect the Raiders to be advantaged... but I don't expect them to be disadvantaged by administrative decisions of the NRL either. Using Campbelltown Stadium "for the Raiders' sake" doesn't cut the mustard for me.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders again shunned by Channel 9 in revamped draw

The Canberra Raiders have been shunned from the marquee Thursday night and Friday night timeslots despite being NRL premiership favourites and grand finalists of 2019. The Raiders will feature just three times on free to air TV broadcasts by Channel 9, compared to the eight originally planned.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders again shunned by Channel 9 in revamped draw

The Canberra Raiders have been shunned from the marquee Thursday night and Friday night timeslots despite being NRL premiership favourites and grand finalists of 2019. The Raiders will feature just three times on free to air TV broadcasts by Channel 9, compared to the eight originally planned.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
But when we get good, we’ll get the FTA coverage we deserve...

Biggest load of **** Nickman and botboy ever tried to peddle
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Nick who?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BadnMean wrote:
simo wrote: May 21, 2020, 10:18 am

If you're growing the game you are no longer at the mercy of having your 2 pet teams do well each season. The bigger the game gets, the more fans, the more valuable the product you are showing. I'm speaking in the short to medium term 2-5 years not this season in particular.
Even in the short term. What happens when your favourite teams have an awful year and the ratings and fans drop off because all your eggs are in that basket?

And your favourite teams do have to play other teams occasionally.

And there are casual fans who aren’t as interested in the same teams week after week.

It’s a bad strategy and it leads to unnatural pressures for certain teams to be successful and unbalances the comp. It’s a bad strategy for the provider, and it’s awful for the NRL. If the broadcaster won’t fix it, the NRL needs to enforce it to stop their product being degraded.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I don't know who came up with the "dream draw" but that ain't no cushy run. We play Storm and Roosters twice including a very nasty little three-week run where we play Storm, Roosters and Souths. Oh, and we only get three FTA games where the Storm, Roosters and Souths get 11 each and of course the Broncos have the most at 13.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Channel 9 are turds.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: May 21, 2020, 12:27 pm How the club and players have responded is great and is precisely how they should be responding. I suspect that the club is being helped in this by the leadership coach that they have brought in... they are absolutely on point with how they handle adversity these days, including refereeing decisions.

There is absolutely no reason that the fans need to mirror their approach. The fans should, IMO, be pushing for their club to be treated fairly. In this case, they have not been treated fairly. Even Sydney commentators are saying the Raiders are the "biggest losers" in the venue decisions. It is incorrect, in my view, to suggest the travel burden/disruption for the Raiders is "minimal". Given the significant expansion of venues used in the early stages... compared to the initial plans - essentially to make travel easier for most clubs - the NRL should have used Canberra Stadium as a venue. Indeed, it would probably be safer for games to be played in Canberra than Melbourne right now. I don't expect the Raiders to be advantaged... but I don't expect them to be disadvantaged by administrative decisions of the NRL either. Using Campbelltown Stadium "for the Raiders' sake" doesn't cut the mustard for me.
Of course it doesnt cut the mustard for you. Nothing ever cuts the mustard for you. Nothing they could do could ever cut the mustard with people like you because all you see in anything the operating body does is slights and misgivings to the poor Raiders.

Thankfully the NRL is out here trying to appease fans who want it all their way. The NRL has made some concessions to help alleviate trans disruption for our club, they are balancing that act across 16 clubs, 3 states and two countries. What they've come up with isn't perfect but is pretty damn good.
gangrenous wrote: May 21, 2020, 12:44 pm But when we get good, we’ll get the FTA coverage we deserve...

Biggest load of **** Nickman and botboy ever tried to peddle
A few points on this:

First and foremost, we did get exactly what you wanted. Before this pandemic hit, the Raiders were scheduled to have 8 games on FTA. 1/3 of our games! That was locked in. 8 games up from what 2 or 3 in 2019?
Why? Not because we suddenly got a huge fan base or DFJ put the hard word on the NRL or Channel 9, but because we were good. Exactly what i and Nickman said would happen, happened!

The problem now is due the circumstances of COVID, the financial situation of the NRL and the clubs and the absolute NEED for footy to get back to ensure the league and it's clubs survival, the NRL has clearly made some rather large concessions to the TV partners to ensure cash flow. Part of that is C9 wanting to recoup as much revenue as they can on this season, which means they did what they always do, stomped their feet and cried, except the NRL was in no position to argue, because clubs were facing the prospect of going broke. It sucks. But it what is needed to be done. The revised draw is a totally different situation to normal circumstances. But we know for a stone cold fact that under normal circumstances, where the entire **** world isnt grinding to a halt due to a pandemic, we were good and suddenly the next year we had 1/3rd of our games on FTA! So what the actual **** are you talking about?!! hahah

Also we've already seen improvements on our overall level of coverage, we've received more coverage through the talking head shows, print media, radio etc than ever before. The Raiders were featured predominately as part of promotional ads etc that the NRL put out pre-season. And again, not to harp on it, had this season not been derailed by a pandemic that put the NRL at the mercy of cash flow, we'd have gotten 8 FTA games this year, a substantial increase... now was it parity with say the Broncos etc? No but it will never be parity and if you're trying to extract the most value out of your FTA deal, it should never be parity, the clubs with the most eyes will always get more.

We can help our situation here by having some prolonged level of success, and thus bring more fans to our club and more eyeballs to our games. I can only speak anecdotally by it's amazing how many people around my age are raiders fans, even people like me who grew up in heartlands of other clubs. Why? They were good when i was 4-5-6! Real good! They won premierships, and nothing kids like more than a winner. If we are able to sustain this level of competency on the field, we'll continue to improve as a FTA draw... again, we'll never be the Broncos, but even at our level of fandom now, and just 1 single year of relevant football, we got 8 FTA games.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm yet to hear a valid reason why they can't play out of Bruce though. I'm not crying conspiracy, I'm just honestly baffled why they can't when the ACT Government have given it the go ahead

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 21, 2020, 1:41 pm I'm yet to hear a valid reason why they can't play out of Bruce though. I'm not crying conspiracy, I'm just honestly baffled why they can't when the ACT Government have given it the go ahead

With you there 100%
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

We can all stay at simo's house and watch through the fence

Edrick The Entertainer