The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 7, 2020, 6:59 am
-PJ- wrote:Suzi won't idle, starts fine but the rpm's drop, check engine light comes on and stalls..

If I put a little weigh on the accelerator it revs. The moment I take foot of pedal it stalls.

I've had enough..

Time for a new(2nd hand)car.

This is not the first time this has happened. I got ignition coils replaced about 3yrs ago. So now it's hopefully something simple. Fuel pump, spark plugs etc.

If its computer I'm tipping over the bluff at Dudley..
get out 1st.

Dudley bluff, nice spot shame about the locals

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
#lattesippingmanbagwearingwankers

Nice spot though..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I need a new car. My Suzi has had enough and will be put to pasture in the next few weeks. Now most people looking for a car would..

A) Stroll a few car yards
B) Browse 1000s of inter web places..carsales etc.
C) Read classifieds in a paper.
D) You might see something you like on the side of the road.

The Monster has a better idea..

She suggests I write down a list of everybody I know, contact them all and let them know I'm on the look out for a vechile and could they all spread the word to everybody they know...

That's right !!! Word of mouth..

Now..I politely disregarded the suggestion and MrsPJ and I had a chuckle for an hour afterwards and we started imagining how long this list would be..

How many people do I know ?
There must be 1000s and 1000s.

I've got some work to do.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:I need a new car. My Suzi has had enough and will be put to pasture in the next few weeks. Now most people looking for a car would..

She suggests I write down a list of everybody I know, contact them all and let them know I'm on the look out for a vechile and could they all spread the word to everybody they know...

Now..I politely disregarded the suggestion and MrsPJ and I had a chuckle for an hour afterwards and we started imagining how long this list would be..

I've got an lpg 09 falcon with faded paint and 300k kms on it, yours for only $12k

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 8, 2020, 7:21 am
-PJ- wrote:I need a new car. My Suzi has had enough and will be put to pasture in the next few weeks. Now most people looking for a car would..

I've got an lpg 09 falcon with faded paint and 300k kms on it, yours for only $12k

That's plan C boney.

You're on my list of people I know so can you contact EVERYBODY you know and let them know I'm looking for a car to buy...

It's how they did it in the 50s.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Is she aware of the internet?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

-TW- wrote: May 8, 2020, 9:44 am Is she aware of the internet?

Don’t open that can of worms..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

No..

At the ripe old age of 81 she joined Facebook...

She has 3 Facebook friends, her grandkids have blocked her :lol:

Thanks for opening that can of worms Tim..bless you !!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

my sister inlaw blocked me and complains she can't see my posts

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There's a Holden Rodeo over at Caves Beach I'm going to look at.

2007 Diesel 4WD, 5sp manual, dual cab, 180,000km, he's got $9k on it.

It looks neat but I'll climb over it later.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:

No..

At the ripe old age of 81 she joined Facebook...

She has 3 Facebook friends, her grandkids have blocked her Image

Thanks for opening that can of worms Tim..bless you !!
Image happy to be of service

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

This list is longer than I ever imagined.

From my immediate family, all their spouses and kids, my neighbours, friends I've known from 12-13 years of schooling, through my Army days and now 23+ years in my current job plus the 1000s of people I've meet as acquaintances...it stacks up.

The monster wants me to contact ALL these people and let them know I'm searching for a car.

The $$$ spent on phone calls will far outweigh the $$$ I was going to spend on the car..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Need to get on an unlimited plan

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

My dog isn't happy, going to the vet shortly. She got ragdolled by a hunting dog that escaped it's yardImage

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 11, 2020, 8:33 am My dog isn't happy, going to the vet shortly. She got ragdolled by a hunting dog that escaped it's yardImage

Geez boner, is pooch ok ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

sore but ok

Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

-TW- wrote:Need to get on an unlimited plan

-TW- raises a good point. -PJ- before you contact everyone you know about the car, you should contact everyone you know to see if they know of any unlimited plans.

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Sid wrote: May 11, 2020, 12:43 pm
-TW- wrote:Need to get on an unlimited plan

-TW- raises a good point. -PJ- before you contact everyone you know about the car, you should contact everyone you know to see if they know of any unlimited plans.

I'm onto it..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Holy hell Boney! Hope the pooch is ok
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Holy hell Boney! Hope the pooch is ok
cheers mate, antibiotics and painkillers she'll be ok

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So if you could go back and re-live a moment in your life, or see a moment in your life from a third person perspective, what moment would it be?

About 6 years ago I took a gap year (aka, I was approached to join a competitor, saw the error in my ways, and came back exactly a year later). The company I went to work for didn't have headsets, so I was making calls to brokers and employers old school, the old handset wedged between the neck and shoulder trick.

During a call with a broker, I stretched the phone cord a little beyond its means, and the handset bungeed out of my nook. With ninja reflexes, I reached out, grabbed the handset, put it back in my nook, and continued talking without missing a beat. Onlookers were shocked and wondered how I managed to do that, and to be honest, it was the absolutely more *** than class that day.

I'd go back and see that
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm thinking of one Fui...

But first, that massive tree is coming down today..right now..there's a team of 6 here.

Pretty happy with that.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So if you could go back and re-live a moment in your life, or see a moment in your life from a third person perspective, what moment would it be?

About 6 years ago I took a gap year (aka, I was approached to join a competitor, saw the error in my ways, and came back exactly a year later). The company I went to work for didn't have headsets, so I was making calls to brokers and employers old school, the old handset wedged between the neck and shoulder trick.

During a call with a broker, I stretched the phone cord a little beyond its means, and the handset bungeed out of my nook. With ninja reflexes, I reached out, grabbed the handset, put it back in my nook, and continued talking without missing a beat. Onlookers were shocked and wondered how I managed to do that, and to be honest, it was the absolutely more *** than class that day.

I'd go back and see that
That day in 1994 when my brand new girlfriend and her best friend came to visit me and made me an offer when I thought it was just a general question. Too young and dumb to really appreciate what was being said and what was RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES. If only I could go back and correct these mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom they live by? My dad used to give me three pieces of advice... well, still does
  • Never trust a man with a moustache
  • A man who dodges the urinal and heads straight to the toilets has something to hide
  • It's bad luck to start a new job on a Friday

Nickman's love of NSW
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 13, 2020, 12:30 pm Anyone have any pearls of wisdom they live by? My dad used to give me three pieces of advice... well, still does
  • Never trust a man with a moustache
  • A man who dodges the urinal and heads straight to the toilets has something to hide
  • It's bad luck to start a new job on a Friday
When my Dad was first teaching me how to drive he told me that rule number 1 is to never piss in the fuel tank.

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 12, 2020, 8:40 am So if you could go back and re-live a moment in your life, or see a moment in your life from a third person perspective, what moment would it be?

I'd go back and see that
The one that comes to mind for me is a single vehicle car accident my mate and I were in when we were 16-17 years old.
He was driving his parents 4wd and as we were going around a bend (not very fast mind you) I asked him how to use the cd player. Fumbling with the 6-disc for a moment was enough to distract him, taking us off road, into a ditch head on into a drive-way culvert. Knowing now that we were both able to walk away with barely a scratch between us, it would have looked spectacular to watch us go end over end 2 or 3 and a half times!

* I'd like to point out that this accident was in no way caused by anyone breaking rule number 1.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Far out Sid! That's incredibly lucky.

I've only been involved in 1 car flip, which made me the youngest Speedway driver to crash a car in a race (I was 14 and 2 months). My dad, sister and I used to race this Datsun 120Y in our respective classes. My dad finished his race, and thought there was too much air in the tyres, so he let some out using some old guess work.

My race is next up. We drew positions out of a hat, and I drew pole. Do the warm up lap, which was a rolling start. Flag drops, and I get swamped off the line. 1st to 6th (Last) after the first lap. Coming into turn 2 on the 2nd lap and the car was understeering off the outside edge of the track. I thought to myself "I better hit the br..." It was then I just remember seeing Grass, Stars, Grass, Stars, Grass, Stars before it all stopped on the driver side door. I unbuckled myself and thought "I'll just lay here for a while" then panicked about a fire or something, so I had to climb out the driver side window, jump from the door to the ground. Took my bow and proceeded directly to the First Aid officer

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I had an experience when I was about 13 where I nearly drowned. It was summer and we were down the creek at Keith Barry Oval swimming. There was a tyre swing, rope hanging from a massive tree that lent over the water. Some kid whom I didn't know was up the tree laying over the branch where the rope was tied and he was corkscrewing the rope if you understand. He had the rope in both hands and making the whole tyre swing spin out of control.

I was sitting atop the tyre with my feet locked in and I was spinning in circles..big time. I held on for as long as I could but eventually let go and fell into the water.

Now..I can swim. I'm a strong swimmer. But when I fell into the water I was dizzy. My head was heavy, I couldn't get upright, my head was literally screwing into the muddy creek bank. The water was about 4ft deep but I couldn't stand up.

This went on for what felt like 1-2 minutes. I thought I was going to drown, I was panicking. Then a buddy of mine jumped in and grabbed me. He bought me to the surface and I took a huge breath.

I'll never forget it. And I've never told my oldies that one.

It was a close thing..no exaggeration!!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Damn Peej. I nearly drowned too when I was the same age! Mine was dumb though. Olympic depth swimming pool, my cousin would drop a weighted water bottle down the deepest end, we'd dive down, grab it and come back up. I was blowing all the air out as I was going down, grabbing the bottle and holding my breath as I pushed off the bottom.

Every other time I was reaching the surface in one movement, and didn't come close to losing my breath. This time I went down, and didn't push myself off right, so I had to kick and push myself up. Got about halfway and I just couldn't do it anymore, and thought that was it. Managed to get some sort of 2nd wind, and barely got to the surface. Teachers had to pull me out once I got to the top.

That's probably the closest I've come to thinking "Yep, this is it"

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Absolutely terrifying Fui, I can't think of a worse way to go..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And I've had a huge day..I'm buggered..aching all over.

The tree finally got cut down yesterday and to save $4k I got the majority of the wood to burn. So today while MrsPJ was at work I've stacked every last piece of it..off the ground to keep it dry. It's been a massive mission and I'm busted.

I've still got to hire a log splitter but that can wait. I've got enough Ironbark here for 3 winters I reckon. I'm not getting any younger and now I'm paying for a very big day..

I'm still on LSL and luckily have till Monday to rest up..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

mate I do not miss splitting ironbark, ok maybe a little bit listening to the raiders on the radio.

The vineyard Mrs Bone works at is the one that was on abc news on monday night, interesting how people want to slag them off for selling to China, their wine is on the rack in bws under a different label doesn't sell despite the quality.

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hey boney,

Woke up about 40mins ago damn sore, jumped in the shower and took the hot water as hot as I could handle it..the wife will be rubbing in the deep heat any minute now.

The ironbark can wait, I might sell it ?
How's the beagle ?
What's the wine called ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yeah bit fresh up here this morning, definitely firewood weather now.
Doggo on the mend, painkillers and antibiotics are working.
Wine, Leogate Estate but they also sell as Miracle on the Wire, at Dan Murphy's and BWS

I use Ice Gel rub it's a bit gentler on the sinuses and cheap

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yep, cooling right down.
18C today down on the lake..a few deg cooler in your hood I reckon.

I'm doing nothing that involves energy for a few days now..

A walk later and a bit of elbow stretching over the weekend, back to work on Monday.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I’m 2 weeks into my 8 week stand down - loving being able to focus on homeschooling my 5 year old. Wife and 3 year old still going to daycare 3 days a week, so the little man and I are getting some great bonding time. He had his first day back at real school yesterday as part of the phased reintroduction, so I rode around the central coast for 3 hours to clear the head.

Think I might start the fire pit, cook something in the bbq and have a couple of drinks tonight :thumbsup