Canberra Raiders knock back Josh Dugan approach

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Canberra Raiders knock back Josh Dugan approach

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote: February 13, 2020, 8:01 pm I think we should be a little careful here. He is a douche, there is no doubt about it. But watching his career play out I genuinely fear for his mental wellbeing going into retirement.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
What makes you say that brah? I've fully got all my mental capacities brah.

Maybe he can spend some of the $200k he earned sitting on his **** over the offseason on professional help.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

If raiders are one of a few teams duges asked his manager to sound out, then he really isn’t trying hard to continue playing
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You reckon it’s a Centrelink thing Sid? Just had to give proof he’d at least tried to get a job?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Meeting between Morris and Dugan

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Anyone remember when Duges was a Raider... Got injured for a few weeks and Reece Robinson filled in at fullback. He absolutely carved it up. And had a passing game.

Apparently some players joked to Duges 'maybe when you're fit again you'll be playing on the wing!'

And he apparently replied 'Maybe if that happens I'll have my manager call other clubs, I'm a fullback.'

The players weren't impressed.

Then I was there a couple of years back when Papa smashed him while dragons were leading, he has to come off, and he gives the crowd a big wind up as he's walking off.

So happy with how this has ended up.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

The Raiders have been using him as a cautionary example to all the junior players for several years now, no way they would even contemplate his return. He won't even get an invite to reunions!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I love how the perennially mild mannered Jarrod Croker only ever aggressively roughs up one player in the comp. Josh Dugan.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: February 14, 2020, 8:28 am I love how the perennially mild mannered Jarrod Croker only ever aggressively roughs up one player in the comp. Josh Dugan.
Croker still manages to be good mates with Carney... says even more about how rancid Duges must be.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

gergreg wrote: February 13, 2020, 8:01 pm I think we should be a little careful here. He is a douche, there is no doubt about it. But watching his career play out I genuinely fear for his mental wellbeing going into retirement.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Nah, **** him.

He's dug his own grave here and won't stop digging - zero sympathy from me.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah, an even bigger tosser than Todd C IMO.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

BJ wrote: February 14, 2020, 8:28 am I love how the perennially mild mannered Jarrod Croker only ever aggressively roughs up one player in the comp. Josh Dugan.
Its genuinely one of my favourite things. He belts him every **** game they play. He really seems to despise him.
I'd love to know the story there because as BadnMean said, he's still close with TC, so his tolerance for fwitery must be high, and Duges managed to exceed it
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I don't think Carney is anywhere Dugan's level.

Although it doesn't excuse all his antics, Carney always seemed to genuinely love the club and still does. He's also shown some contrition for his actions.

Softserve hasn't shown one ounce of either, not to mention the constant feigned injuries here to receive some sort of pity. Todd Carney is Alan Tongue compared to Josh Dugan IMO.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Botman wrote:
Its genuinely one of my favourite things. He belts him every **** game they play. He really seems to despise him.
I'd love to know the story there because as BadnMean said, he's still close with TC, so his tolerance for fwitery must be high, and Duges managed to exceed it
Him and carney grew up with each other familys new each other, went to school qith each other played footy together, been friends since they were kids, dugan on the other hand other then with the raiders theyve always been against each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Duges should learn to speak French. They give everyone a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ... chance, until finally they say Sacre Bleu goodbye you.

The enjoyment for me in this is that it is a Sharks problem. Twice they have picked up ex Raider bad boys and twice they have been stung.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, Toddles was an idiot but he definitely loved the club. Just thought his talent made him untouchable.

Dugan clearly never particularly liked playing for us. Always thought he was too good for the club. He can go get ****ed.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

RedRaider wrote:Duges should learn to speak French. They give everyone a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ... chance, until finally they say Sacre Bleu goodbye you.

The enjoyment for me in this is that it is a Sharks problem. Twice they have picked up ex Raider bad boys and twice they have been stung.
Oh bullcrap

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Seiffert82 wrote:Yeah, Toddles was an idiot but he definitely loved the club. Just thought his talent made him untouchable.

Dugan clearly never particularly liked playing for us. Always thought he was too good for the club. He can go get ****ed.
Wrong.

They're both idiots.

Always thought they were better than anyone else

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

dubby wrote: February 14, 2020, 7:47 pm
RedRaider wrote:Duges should learn to speak French. They give everyone a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ... chance, until finally they say Sacre Bleu goodbye you.

Oh bullcrap

Would you like to say what you disagree with Dubs? Do you reckon Duges will get a shot at another NRL club at his asking price? Carney ended his NRL career at the Sharks after the bubbler incident and Dugan may well have nowhere to go at a high dollar price to the Sharks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

dubby wrote: February 14, 2020, 7:48 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Yeah, Toddles was an idiot but he definitely loved the club. Just thought his talent made him untouchable.

Wrong.

They're both idiots.

Always thought they were better than anyone else

No doubt about those two things, just making the point that Carney supported the Raiders growing up, whereas Dugan clearly couldn't care less.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Carney was just a drunk.

Duges on the other hand was a ****
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Todd had a bit of likable roguish idiocy about him. Dugan always came across as an arrogant, hard-bitten mercenary.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Does anyone remember Dugan’s brief foray into the work force, $50/hr as a painter/labourer?
Maybe he can fall back into that in retirement...
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

We should sign him on a development contract

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I just can't believe the Sharks had the hide to even think about offering him to us. Was their single brain cell on holiday that day, that they would think we would even for half a second consider taking that worthless, treacherous pile of garbage back?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)