Curtis Scott police assault charges dropped after court rules arrest 'unlawful'

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott faces NRL stand down unless he hands over video footage

Post by Northern Raider »

BJ wrote: February 13, 2020, 2:05 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
BJ wrote: February 13, 2020, 1:08 pm Why are NRL headquarters leaking to Weidler?

No wonder any lawyer or player would be concerned about allowing them to view evidence before a court case.
What did they leak?
That the NRL have now viewed the footage and are requesting more stuff.
Scoop of the century there. :lol:

Weedler probably called them for comment and that's all they gave him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott faces NRL stand down unless he hands over video footage

Post by Botman »

Based on that report from Weilder, i'd guess and the footage isnt some sort of smoking gun against Scott.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Botman wrote: February 13, 2020, 2:21 pm Based on that report from Weilder, i'd guess and the footage isnt some sort of smoking gun against Scott.
Agree, it doesn't clear him though obviously.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Why didnt they have all the footage available?
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It seems extraordinary that they have arranged to have the CEO of the NRL in to view the video footage and didn't have all the evidence on hand to show him...
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: February 13, 2020, 2:53 pm It seems extraordinary that they have arranged to have the CEO of the NRL in to view the video footage and didn't have all the evidence on hand to show him...
That does not make sense. If it does not make sense, you must acquit
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: February 13, 2020, 3:17 pm
greeneyed wrote: February 13, 2020, 2:53 pm It seems extraordinary that they have arranged to have the CEO of the NRL in to view the video footage and didn't have all the evidence on hand to show him...
That does not make sense. If it does not make sense, you must acquit
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Really? It's the NRL - nothing is ever going to make any sense to a logical mind.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Why on earth did we get involved with this ex Storm clown? Trouble with a capital T
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg waiting on extra Curtis Scott footage

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has viewed some of the police footage from Curtis Scott's arrest, but is waiting to see the rest before he makes his final decision on whether to implement the no-fault, stand-down policy for the Canberra Raiders recruit.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

What the hell sort of clown show is this?! Anyone with half a brain could see this Dennis Denuto situation was going to end in tears. :lol:

Seriously, this bloke better be worth it. The club must be kicking itself.

The only saving grace here is that it's all happening in the pre-season.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I bet Curtis and Eid were doing tequila shots at the ivy together and when he sobered up in the cell he found his business card in his pocket. Scrap that
..... it was probably a phone number on the back of a beer coaster.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gergreg wrote: February 13, 2020, 5:14 pm I bet Curtis and Eid were doing tequila shots at the ivy together and when he sobered up in the cell he found his business card in his pocket. Scrap that

When you put his card in water it turns into a sponge!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Azza wrote: February 13, 2020, 5:51 pm
gergreg wrote: February 13, 2020, 5:14 pm I bet Curtis and Eid were doing tequila shots at the ivy together and when he sobered up in the cell he found his business card in his pocket. Scrap that

Ooh classy!

Probably turns into a sponge as soon as you put it in your wallet.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on February 13, 2020, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: February 13, 2020, 5:51 pm

:lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Curtis Scott breaks silence on Australia Day incident

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott breaks silence on Australia Day incident: "Can't take back what I've done"

An emotional Curtis Scott has broken his silence following his Australia Day arrest - but he cannot comment on what happened after he was handcuffed, as the matters are before the courts.

“I was kind of just lost in the city and I sat down to have a rest and I ended up falling asleep,” Scott explained. Scott conceded: “I know I shouldn’t have put myself in that position. I have pleaded not guilty to it all. But obviously there is two sides. I am not a bad person. I try my best to be a good person. I just put myself in a bad position and I am paying the price 10 fold now for it.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 73e5f35da8
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Innocent until proven guilty.

The law of the land.

Good luck Curtis, I hope your are proven not guilty and can help the Raiders to the promised land...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There are lots of other aspects reported in the story, but not about what happened in the incident. Scott tells how his sister came to pick him up, how his mother was angry at first but not so much after he told his side of the story, how tough it has been on his family, how he didn’t want to leave home, go outside. He is off social media... and off alcohol, hopefully for the remainder of the season. He has fronted the Raiders juniors teams to tell them a cautionary tale.

Ricky Stuart defends his character, telling the story of how donated $5000 for bushfire relief and started his own fund raising effort.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Well it sounds like the narrative has changed significantly.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I was joking how he’s original lawyer sounded like Kramer’s, I may have been closer to the truth.....
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'd like to think the kid is regretful. It's a bloody embarrassing thing to get splashed all over the papers. Hopefully this is a wake-up call.

The club seems to be supporting him, and it looks like they helped him get some decent legal representation. That's a good sign for Scott. You wouldn't want to disappoint Ricky Stuart too often though.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

This is what you want to hear , it doesnt just appear to be lip service.
He sounds genuine with his remorse. I can forgive young blokes making a mistake as long as they own it and want to learn from it.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Much better stance to take.

‘It wasn’t that bad but I should never have been there’.

Character witnesses etc.

Great move from the new lawyer, instead of taking in the NRL head on, they are giving them the story they can use. Smart.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Coastalraider wrote: February 14, 2020, 4:42 am Much better stance to take.

‘It wasn’t that bad but I should never have been there’.

Character witnesses etc.

Great move from the new lawyer, instead of taking in the NRL head on, they are giving them the story they can use. Smart.
Current lawyer is a guy who does the rounds on Current Affair and Talback radio when they need to bring in a legal expert. He knows that side of the game.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

I prefer Denuto. At least he hammered home some home truths about fairness before he began crab walking away from his stoic pledge of defending his innocent client until his dying breath..gasp.... I was completely digging his vibe argument too.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Who knew Curtis Scott was transitioning to American Football??

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/incred ... e4e98632ea

I really hope that the vision Greenberg saw had this whacky music soundtrack. Will definitely get him off scott free..
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Old School Green wrote: February 14, 2020, 9:02 am Who knew Curtis Scott was transitioning to American Football??

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/incred ... e4e98632ea

I really hope that the vision Greenberg saw had this whacky music soundtrack. Will definitely get him off scott free..
Good fluid hips
Strong hands with great initial punch
Strong in his stance and can beat 1 on 1's, struggles to split the double team and loses focus in the phone booth
Grabby in technique and likely to get holding calls

4-6th round pick projection
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'I am not a bad person': Canbera Raiders new recruit Curtis Scott breaks his silence after Australia Day arrest

Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott has broken his silence on his Australia Day arrest which resulted in the former Storm star facing six charges, including two counts of assaulting a police officer.

Scott told News Corp that he is "not a bad person", and said he was innocent, after pleading not guilty to all charges in court. However Scott admitted that he put himself in a "bad position".

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ec3db50b74

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/curtis-sco ... 0e39a84cb2
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Curtis Scott breaks silence on Australia Day incident

Post by LastRaider »

greeneyed wrote:There are lots of other aspects reported in the story, but not about what happened in the incident. Scott tells how his sister came to pick him up, how his mother was angry at first but not so much after he told his side of the story, how tough it has been on his family, how he didn’t want to leave home, go outside. He is off social media... and off alcohol, hopefully for the remainder of the season. He has fronted the Raiders juniors teams to tell them a cautionary tale.

Ricky Stuart defends his character, telling the story of how donated $5000 for bushfire relief and started his own fund raising effort.
Self imposed social media ban is going well. He just posted a photo on Instagram out with the boys.... why must players fill like they need to post on social media all the time when the spot light is on them. Stay out of sight god damn you, we need you to play!

Post a picture helping the people affected by the fires on the south coast trip or saving a koala or something!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry if my statement was misleading... but he didn't commit to stay off social media for the season. Just that he was staying off it at that time.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's also a mates birthday.. big deal

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The latest twist in Curtis Scott’s legal fight to be cleared to start the NRL season

Curtis Scott’s new lawyer Sam Macedone wants to set up a meeting with the NRL integrity unit on the Raiders recruit’s Australia Day incident in the hope that “some common sense might prevail”.

“Pleas of not guilty have been entered. The NRL have at long last been permitted to view the body-worn video of the incident so that will give them first-hand description of what occurred. Hopefully they can exercise some discretion. Hopefully some common sense might prevail.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 06d007b44c

Alan Jones urges Todd Greenberg to spare Curtis Scott: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/alan- ... 9496a2f7bf
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Hmm this is far less interesting than the other guy.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Suggestion from Alan Jones in audio that accompanies the story, that the defence is expecting the charges to be downgraded or dropped. Seems he made those comments Friday. Macedone doesn’t make make any statement about what the video shows, just that it shows the truth of what happened... and also makes the statement that he’s hoping for common sense resolution on the issue of stand down.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

I just find it really hard not to utterly reject an endorsement from Alan Jones. Especially as he admits he actually knows nothing about it (perhaps he should read this thread).

For those of you without long memories, Jones has a history of backing people that history shows maybe he shouldn't have. I mean sportsmen.