POLL: Canberra Raiders 2010s Team of the Decade: Bench utility

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who should be the bench utility in the Canberra Raiders Team of the 2010s?

Alan Tongue
31%
Glen Buttriss
No votes
Travis Waddell
No votes
Shaun Berrigan
2%
Kurt Baptiste
17%
Siliva Havili
10%
Blake Austin
21%
Josh McCrone
No votes
Sam Williams
No votes
Josh Dugan
No votes
Anthony Milford
7%
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
7%
Joel Thompson
2%
Blake Ferguson
No votes
Reece Robinson
No votes
Daniel Vidot
No votes
Sandor Earl
No votes
Edrick Lee
2%

Total votes: 42

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Re: Canberra Raiders 2010s Team of the Decade: Bench utility

Post by Wiki Special »

greeneyed wrote: January 3, 2020, 6:09 am Interesting Alan Tongue is leading at present... I can understand that if you’re picking a forward, but not as a dummy half.
Tongue is probably being voted for similarly to why I voted CNK, character and what he has done to represent our club. He was a phenomenal clubman and very good player.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raider47 wrote: January 3, 2020, 9:30 am I loved Tonguey however his form in 2011 when he was used as a Number 9 was pretty mediocre.

The only way he comes into the team of the decade should be based off his form as a back row forward in 2010/11 and IIRC he played very little as one?
He didn’t play any match starting at lock or the second row in the 2010s. He played 24 games at hooker and seven off the bench. I agree, I wouldn’t put him in the top 17 as a hooker.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 3, 2020, 9:43 am
greeneyed wrote: January 3, 2020, 6:09 am Interesting Alan Tongue is leading at present... I can understand that if you’re picking a forward, but not as a dummy half.
He's opened up a huge lead GE. Call it :thumbsup
The polls stay open for two weeks.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: POLL: Canberra Raiders 2010s Team of the Decade: Bench utility

Post by Botman »

*chefs kiss*

LFG
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Can Tonguey captain off the bench like Kurt Gidley?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: January 2, 2020, 9:52 pm fair call, as a great man once said, you can lead the horse to water but you cant make him drink the beer.
You stuffed the whole expression! Rusty B would be turning in his grave!!

I voted for Alan Tongue, by the way, because, well... he's Alan **** Tongue.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: January 6, 2020, 1:29 pm
Botman wrote: January 2, 2020, 9:52 pm fair call, as a great man once said, you can lead the horse to water but you cant make him drink the beer.
You stuffed the whole expression! Rusty B would be turning in his grave!!

I voted for Alan Tongue, by the way, because, well... he's Alan **** Tongue.
*Ahem*
I think i would know the expression a little more than you
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Well... touché
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Calling this one.

Tongue's stellar ( :doubt: ) 2010 and 2011 hooker form has earnt him selection in the team of the decade.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 11, 2020, 11:45 am Calling this one.

Tongue's stellar ( :doubt: ) 2010 and 2011 hooker form has earnt him selection in the team of the decade.
The people have spoken, Ed!

What a team this is shaping up to be. The 2010’s team the GH deserves
Would be a solid 10-12 win football team
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The poll will close on Thursday...

If people don't like the current outcome... people might want to change their votes or add to the votes! Either way, the poll will be declared in five days time! It'll be the will of the people.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Can we please stop the narrative that Sandor Earl is somehow a victim of the doping investigations, guys a drug cheat end of story.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 11, 2020, 11:45 am Calling this one.

The people have spoken, Ed!

What a team this is shaping up to be. The 2010’s team the GH deserves
Would be a solid 10-12 win football team
With 2011-14 Campos knees, this team will struggle to win 10 games tbh.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Riaan wrote: January 12, 2020, 1:31 pm Can we please stop the narrative that Sandor Earl is somehow a victim of the doping investigations, guys a drug cheat end of story.
He admitted to that and offered to cooperate. Other players who admitted to being drug cheats got three week suspensions at worst. I think that’s an unjust outcome. I’d say four years suspension for Earl is fair enough if others also also received the WADA standard suspension, but they did not.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

greeneyed wrote: January 12, 2020, 2:43 pm
Riaan wrote: January 12, 2020, 1:31 pm Can we please stop the narrative that Sandor Earl is somehow a victim of the doping investigations, guys a drug cheat end of story.
He admitted to that and offered to cooperate. Other players who admitted to being drug cheats got three week suspensions at worst. I think that’s an unjust outcome. I’d say four years suspension for Earl is fair enough if others also also received the WADA standard suspension, but they did not.
He went outside his club (the panthers) to source his ‘supplements’ (hence his trafficking charges), there was’nt enough evidence against the sharks internal program which is why they got 3 week suspensions. And he hardly cooperated, the first time channel nine reported it he was talking about going to his lawyers 😂😂
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Riaan wrote:
He went outside his club (the panthers) to source his ‘supplements’ (hence his trafficking charges), there was’nt enough evidence against the sharks internal program which is why they got 3 week suspensions. And he hardly cooperated, the first time channel nine reported it he was talking about going to his lawyers ImageImage
This version of events doesn't suite the GH sanctioned narrative
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Riaan wrote: January 12, 2020, 7:31 pm
He went outside his club (the panthers) to source his ‘supplements’ (hence his trafficking charges), there was’nt enough evidence against the sharks internal program which is why they got 3 week suspensions. And he hardly cooperated, the first time channel nine reported it he was talking about going to his lawyers 😂😂
The Sharks players who were suspended admitted they were taking performance enhancing drugs.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: January 12, 2020, 7:51 pm
Riaan wrote:
He went outside his club (the panthers) to source his ‘supplements’ (hence his trafficking charges), there was’nt enough evidence against the sharks internal program which is why they got 3 week suspensions. And he hardly cooperated, the first time channel nine reported it he was talking about going to his lawyers ImageImage
There isn’t a "GH sanctioned narrative". That’s just my opinion above. A fairly reasonable one, I think.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Riaan wrote:
I dont know that there is a GH narrative, so much as there is a alarming lack of accountability, and justice being served associated with this. The Sharks players got 3 weeks for systematic doping. I dont know how anyone who follows sport can hand on heart say that is a fair and just situation.

And you can say whatever you want to say about what the club did and what the players knew, the rules by every anti-doping agency in the WORLD make this clear. The athlete is ultimately responsible for what goes into his/her body. And the reason for that is to avoid cheats hiding behind coaches/administration.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Tbh the way the team of the decade is shaping up I'm considering Earl and his peptides on the bench to help boost performance.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 13, 2020, 9:35 am Tbh the way the team of the decade is shaping up I'm considering Earl and his peptides on the bench to help boost performance.
:lol: :lol:
A little shot for Campo, Tonguey and co?
Yeah i agree
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

People can still change their vote in this one if they’re unhappy. I’ve backed Austin. Makes much more sense IMO as your utility than Tongue, particularly given Tongue was at end of his career and playing way out of position... and played limited games in the 2010s.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Botman wrote:
Riaan wrote:
I dont know that there is a GH narrative, so much as there is a alarming lack of accountability, and justice being served associated with this. The Sharks players got 3 weeks for systematic doping. I dont know how anyone who follows sport can hand on heart say that is a fair and just situation.

And you can say whatever you want to say about what the club did and what the players knew, the rules by every anti-doping agency in the WORLD make this clear. The athlete is ultimately responsible for what goes into his/her body. And the reason for that is to avoid cheats hiding behind coaches/administration.
WADA/ASADA clearly had nothing on the players. They cut a deal to wrap it up. You cant blame the players for taking it so that they could move on.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And the Sharks players admitted guilt. WADA was very unhappy with what ASADA agreed to.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dr Zaius wrote: January 13, 2020, 8:11 pm WADA/ASADA clearly had nothing on the players. They cut a deal to wrap it up. You cant blame the players for taking it so that they could move on.
yeah i dont really give a **** about that, what i know is the Sharks admitted to systematic doping, and received 3 weeks suspension for that.
Yes the players should have taken that deal, but that deal should never have been offered. It is a matter of fact that the Sharks players were systematically doping. The punishment however that came about did not fit the crime.

How ever you'd like to slice that up, is up to you...but if you're going to sit here and tell me you think that was a fair outcome, then either you're a **** **** (and i dont actually believe that for a second) or you're lying through your teeth because on the GH there is weird NSW v QLD Sharks/Gallen sort of deal that you're wrapped up in
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Botman wrote: January 13, 2020, 11:56 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 13, 2020, 9:35 am Tbh the way the team of the decade is shaping up I'm considering Earl and his peptides on the bench to help boost performance.
:lol: :lol:
A little shot for Campo, Tonguey and co?
Yeah i agree
I'd pump so much calf blood into Campo's knee he'd be mooing at the team talk.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This poll will be declared tomorrow. If you want to vote or switch your vote... this is your last chance!
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Loving the strong encouragement of the GH to switch votes :lol:

Any chance I can get a $20 JB HiFi voucher in return for a switched vote?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 15, 2020, 10:36 am Loving the strong encouragement of the GH to switch votes :lol:
They'll reap what they've sowed.
I have switched my vote... to Alan Tongue
Bring on Tonguey
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Botman wrote: January 15, 2020, 11:18 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 15, 2020, 10:36 am Loving the strong encouragement of the GH to switch votes :lol:
Bring on Tonguey
greeneyed
Don Furner

POLL: Canberra Raiders 2010s Team of the Decade: Bench utility

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote:
Bring on Tonguey
By having a poll and providing all the available options, with a full outline of the accomplishments of the players, including those specifically from the 2010s?

I’ll argue for what I see as the best outcome... but how the voters vote, is how they vote. Ultimately, the voters are the ones who decide.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Poll declared. All the reasults so far: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33793&p=1712110#p1712110