Sydney Roosters 2020

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Sydney Roosters 2020

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com's predicted Roosters Round 1 team

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Luke Keary
8. Jared Waerea-Haregreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

14. Mitchell Aubusson
15. Nat Butcher
16. Isaac Liu
17. Sam Verrills

Others: Fletcher Baker, Egan Butcher, Lindsay Collins, Poasa Faamausili, Ryan Hall, Drew Hutchison, Matt Ikuvalu, Asu Kepaoa, Lachlan Lam, Billy Smith, Sitili Tupouniua

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/05/syd ... cted-team/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Sydney Roosters 2020

Post by -PJ- »

Rubbish.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Still the team to beat in 2020 but I don't think there will be a three-peat

Top 4
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters grant Latrell Mitchell 'leave of absence' from pre-season training

The Sydney Roosters have announced Latrell Mitchell has been granted a leave of absence on the eve of the club’s return to pre-season training.

With uncertainty surrounding the Test centre’s playing future, the club on Sunday night issued a statement to say he would not be required when the squad assembles for the first time in 2020.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/05/roo ... -training/

Sydney Roosters club statement

In lead-up to the Club’s return to pre-season, Sydney Roosters player Latrell Mitchell has been granted a leave of absence, excusing him from all training commitments. The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Roosters bombshell: Don’t bother coming to training, Latrell: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 853dc2d832

Latrell Mitchell employs third player manager in eight months - Matt Rose - as Bunnies move looms: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/latrel ... f303ec69b2

Latrell was offered nearly $1m a season. Now he could gamble on a $400,0000 one year deal with the Bunnies: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e70b73b148
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Billy Smith looks to have done his acl. Queue the BJ to Roosters rumours.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Buzz reporting tonight that the Roosters are $300k under the cap.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Probably just the leftover cash from Fittler's retirement.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Foxtel pays half their cap in appearance fees.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 29, 2020, 8:36 pm Buzz reporting tonight that the Roosters are $300k under the cap. Image
Assuming they were exactly at the cap last year, they've lost Latrell Mitchell and Cooper Cronk and replaced them with Josh Morris and a rookie... it makes perfect sense to me. No way Flanagan and Morris would be on the cap for anything close to Cronk and Mitchell were on
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: June 30, 2020, 10:15 am
Dr Zaius wrote: June 29, 2020, 8:36 pm Buzz reporting tonight that the Roosters are $300k under the cap. Image
Assuming they were exactly at the cap last year, they've lost Latrell Mitchell and Cooper Cronk and replaced them with Josh Morris and a rookie... it makes perfect sense to me. No way Flanagan and Morris would be on the cap for anything close to Cronk and Mitchell were on
Your opening statement is the key one.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They're not under any investigation as far as i know regarding the salary cap. Unless i missed something?
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

But you are also assuming that none of the other 28 players in a back to back premiership squad required any sort of upgrade.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Coastalraider wrote: July 1, 2020, 9:59 am
But you are also assuming that none of the other 28 players in a back to back premiership squad required any sort of upgrade.
Na i take that into account... But between Latrell and Cronk, that's probably around 1.5-1.7mil in cap space... I cant imagine Morris and Flanagan are on the books for more than 600-700k combined and it could be lower than that, it's hard to estimate what a untested rookie like Flanagan would earning...

So there is plenty of money there for the upgrades with some to spare.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Who cares really ??

I'm not wasting anymore breath on the Roosters and/or SBW.

The Roosters do what they want, always have.

I'm not shocked nor surprised.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah.. I just thought the Betoota headline was funny
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 23, 2020, 8:00 pm Yeah.. I just thought the Betoota headline was funny
Yeah I got a smile mate but SBW can just go away..

This will never end ya know. He'll play a handful of games in 2020. He may win something, he may not. Then he walks away to fight Gallen, gets his bulbs knocked out and tells the world he wants to play Rugbrugh Leeg again..enter Uncle Nick..who's signs him on a 1 yr deal..then he disappears over to London and joins the PDC on a massive contract..etc..walks out in the middle of a tournament and lands on Uncle Nicks doorstep wanting to play Rugbrugh Leeg again..another 1 yr deal.

He's 56 now and still the best forward in the world..
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So the reports are that the Roosters approached SBW, that the NRL will waive their own rule that a player can not have two contracts, and that the Roosters will pay him $150k.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 29, 2020, 8:40 pm So the reports are that the Roosters approached SBW, that the NRL will waive their own rule that a player can not have two contracts, and that the Roosters will pay him $150k.

To play four games plus finals. They claim it’s equivalent to $900,000 for a 24 game season. But the market was never actually tested.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Sets an interesting precedent
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Every guy in every team is going to want to light him up every week. Hope we get to play him. We've got some boys that can hit.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Sydney Roosters 2020

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 29, 2020, 8:40 pm So the reports are that the Roosters approached SBW, that the NRL will waive their own rule that a player can not have two contracts, and that the Roosters will pay him $150k.

To play four games plus finals. They claim it’s equivalent to $900,000 for a 24 game season. But the market was never actually tested.
This is so **** stupid.

We should do a deal with the bulldogs. Both teams leave aside 300k in their caps. If one team isn’t going to make the finals we agree to loan the other 3 top tier players on $100k each for the last 4 games plus finals.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I see your point but I don't think Bulldogs is a good example. How about cowboys and Lolo?

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Or Superleague teams
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

David Fifita is changing teams in the offseason
Maybe he'd like to play finals footy this year, before joining the Titans.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There's no way I'm letting SBW make a cameo anywhere if I'm running Toronto Wolfpack..

A 2yr/$10mil deal. Imagine if he got a serious injury..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:There's no way I'm letting SBW make a cameo anywhere if I'm running Toronto Wolfpack..

A 2yr/$10mil deal. Imagine if he got a serious injury..
Might not have much choice if he's not paying salaries

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Been seeing Chad Townsend posting on Insta saying the NRL should allow the Warriors to sign Leutele as well, if they’re letting SBW do this

Nickman's love of NSW