The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards Ceremony

Post by yeh raiders »

The Nickman wrote: December 20, 2019, 11:48 am
yeh raiders wrote: December 20, 2019, 11:45 am On yah GE ! Great stuff :clap:
Surprised you didn't poll higher in the "Football Brain"... hahaha, no sorry, I can't finish that post.
Do less.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote:
Surprised you didn't poll higher in the "Football Brain"... hahaha, no sorry, I can't finish that post.
Gee how did you go to being a villain so quick? I mean so few of your posts these days are unprovoked bullying...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Must be that intermittent fasting. It's turned him into a miserable ****.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

How many years has he been doing that for?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Sorry, I completely missed all this. I thought these awards went by the wayside!

Well done award winners - particularly the hall of fame inductees, Matt and edwahu; and the Meritorious Service award winners, nacho and zim. :clap:

Thanks particularly to greeneyed and all the mods who make this by far my favourite site on the web. :thumbsup

I had absolutely no idea why I was even nominated as a good football brain. Obviously something to do with the shape of my head. I seriously have no idea - I just love talking about this team. Anyway, all good fun. Thanks for a great year of footy chat everyone.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Botman is Right and YOU **** KNOW IT

Welcome the real **** awards. Where i tell you how this **** actually **** went down for 2019. The awards handed out the other day... Trash. Absolute trash. Time to right the wrongs

Official hashtag: #BotmanIsTheOnlyMan

The winners are:

Newbie of the Year: LimeGreenMachine
No disrespect to any of the nominees here, all really good new members who have provided some good contributions. LimeGreenMachine gets over the line because i think i vague remember him agreeing with me on something a little controversial, which tells me he knows whats up. Congrats LGM, welcome to the Clique.

Underrated poster: Julian87.
He posts a reasonable amount but never really seems to get the credit he deserves. It helps that we usually agree but but what i like about him most is that he thinks about the game and this team in the right way. He has strong POV's, and is willing to listen to other sides of debate. Unlike me, he's pretty respectful when people disagree and he generally keeps things above the waist, where as i live like a snake... 3 feet lower than a ****.

Funniest Poster: Greeneyed
Go through and check the man's history. Especially around Origin time. The dude is running a shtick that has run so deep and long it's hard to know where it ends and the real fergus begins. But every year it's laughs after laughs after laughs. Even his bumbling, sort of idontknowwhatimdoingdog.gif routine about how he goes about moderatation has made the leap from befuddling to absolute champagne comedy. We've got a budding comedic genius on our hands here. No ifs or buts about it

Forum Villain of the Year: Nickman.
**** that guy. I hate him. We all do now.

Forum Rivalry of the Year: GH Administrators and Billy Walker's VPN
The battle continues to rage on. And to be perfectly honestly, ol BIlly Boy is chalking up W's an alarming rate of knots. We all know who he is, what he is and why he's here but this plucky little Christian lad wont die wondering and the GH administators are floundering, afraid to act. Kudos, Billy. Kudos.

Obsession of the Year: afgtnk and Aidan Sezer
This was a lay down misère, ol Botman and Sam Williams was probably the runner up here but it wasnt particularly competitive. It's a shame to lose this, the forum will miss akdkahjsalsa's Sezer posts, but im sure someone will take his place, in fact i think i already know who it'll be! Im excited for the next era of aslknmsafha posts!

Quality over quantity: Cranky Old Man
I just want more stories about him stacking on a blue with garbos. I think i have the right guy? Im a bit drunk, so maybe i dont, but **** it. Im right, and you know it. Cranky is one of the best posters in the history of the internet.

Best football brain: Botman
I often get accused of being arrogant, and unable to admit i was wrong. But ill admit i was wrong here and now. I've said a few times on this forum that there is a number of people on this site who know more about footy than i'll ever know... that was 100% incorrect. I couldnt have been more wrong about that. I humbly accept this award.

Best Thread of the Year: Matt's Match-ups
Say what you will about the content in this thread and my god, i do. And i will continue to say what i will about that... i mean honestly the mind truly boggles when you wander into that thread to find out that Josh Hodgson has missed 3 games of footy due to injury and the **** Titoooons trudge out ol Botman to play hooker and because i disgraced myself in a 60 point drubbing the week before, but i played minutes god dammit, i win the skin... alarming...

Wait, where was i? Oh right... say what you will about the quality of the analysis in that content, but this is the internet. Content is king, baby.

Worst Thread of the Year: 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day
**** every single one of you who bumps this. You dont post through **** like this. You bury it deep inside and never address it. And eventually years later, you find yourself obsessing over something random because you never truly filled the void that was left by your dad walking out on you when you were barely 5. Hope your proud of me Dad. Hope you're real proud.
WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME, DAD?

The Missing in Action Award: Shadow Boxer.
I miss you dearly, friend. Come back... i... i love you. I want to be WITH you. 4eva.

Poster of the Year: Nickman
He posts more than any of us and his only real crime is that he loves to much and his heart is too big. I dont understand why we punish him for it. I appreciate you Nickman. Your contribution is not forgotten at least by this man. You and you alone have the power to bring balance to the force. We OG posters are what they grow beyond. This man is growing beyond

Now **** off, i have work to do.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

You forgot the Botman HOF entrant
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Gee how did you go to being a villain so quick? I mean so few of your posts these days are unprovoked bullying...
It was a **** joke! What the hell is wrong with you people?

It was clearly said entirely in jest, good **** grief.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha the Botman awards absolutely nailed it. About **** time I got some god-damned recognition around these parts, too
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
It was a **** joke! What the hell is wrong with you people?

It was clearly said entirely in jest, good **** grief.
I know you said it in jest. Doesn’t change my response.

The tone of your posting and jokes changed in the last year imo.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You decide the “tone” you read my posts in, not me!

Literally every single one of my posts if I was sitting opposite you saying it to your face you would not remotely be offended.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I remember when you first joined. Mr oh so positive, no amount amount of negativity could drag you down. It was borderline on sickening. We've finally succeeded in dragging you down.

<Mr Burns ☆excellent☆>

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:I remember when you first joined. Mr oh so positive, no amount amount of negativity could drag you down. It was borderline on sickening. We've finally succeeded in dragging you down.

<Mr Burns ☆excellent☆>

I’m not sure about that, gerg

I’m pretty sure I’m still a fairly positive person... positive you’re all jerks!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Good write up Botman ^
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

gangrenous wrote: December 22, 2019, 8:36 am I know you said it in jest. Doesn’t change my response.

The tone of your posting and jokes changed in the last year imo.
A lot for rickmickglicknickman to work on over the offseason here. Craig McLachlan might be available for some tone and comedy lessons, he has bills to pay.

Expecting 110% over the offseason from you rickmickglicknick and you'll be a real chance of wrestling the brain that most resembles a football award off GE at the 2020 boogs.
EVH
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by EVH »

offt marone, the only pat-on-the-back ya'll need is without a doubt, being the most pretentious Raiders fans in the galaxy..yyyyyeeeeessssh
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

EVH wrote: December 24, 2019, 4:38 am offt marone, the only pat-on-the-back ya'll need is without a doubt, being the most pretentious Raiders fans in the galaxy..yyyyyeeeeessssh
:roflmao

New category Most Pretentious Poster? It would be a white hot field.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Do we have any pretentious posters? We clowns, jerks, fools and dubbies, but we do NOT have ****
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

You're right to quote it, GE.
Nothing more needs to be said about it

Also, screencapped for record keeping purposes
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fair dinkum, some of you blokes whinge more than Trent Robinson. The edited word produces a Google Adsense terms violation. If you want to complain about the moderation send a PM. No one wants to read the whinging.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That's not true. I really enjoy reading whinging.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:Fair dinkum, some of you blokes whinge more than Trent Robinson.
Wow, that’s rough. Image

But fair Image
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Unfortunately I need to issue some general guidance...

There are procedures for complaints about the moderation outlined in The Greenhouse Guidelines: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10740

Repeated breaches of the guidelines will result in warnings and suspension from the site.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Can I speak to a Manager please? I don't even know what happened above I have just always wanted to say that.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

What happened above is what always happens these days, unfortunately

Complete lack of transparency, like the NRL and their third party systems
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: December 20, 2019, 9:54 am I absolutely refuse to come second to Schifty in ANYTHING. This is a scandal.

Even I'm embarrassed for you :shock: