Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by afgtnk »

-TW- wrote: November 8, 2019, 8:19 am Blake Austin named on the wing for Great Britain after Zak Hardaker ruled out

Should make for entertaining viewing

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
So Wayne Bennett has finally lost the one final marble he had remaining
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Dusty wrote: November 8, 2019, 6:44 am Brenko Lee would be a very interesting one... Minimum wage/depth ??? Maybe?
I'd be ok with that. He seemed to get scapegoated for the titans and previously dogs poor edge defense. While I think he could improve there they both had far bigger issues happening inside and he always looked dangerous in attack.
He'd do fine in our system and he'd be under no illusions as to where he stands in the squad.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 8, 2019, 5:20 am
cat wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see kurt baptist announce it too soon.

Maybe even Brenko
I would, I think we’re pretty good in the Hooking ranks for now
Annoucing their retirement not signing with us :roflmao
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The father of former Canberra Raiders forward Michael Weyman, Ack passes

Ack Weyman, the father of former Canberra Raiders forward Michael Weyman, has passed away. Ack was well known on the South Coast and in Canberra as a coach, mentor and player and the father of Mick and Tim Weyman who have had careers as professional rugby players in the NRL. He spent considerable time helping as a gear steward at Raiders HQ while Michael was at the club. He was much appreciated and respected by the players.

Read more: https://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/stor ... an/?cs=229

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/11/2 ... ck-weyman/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

no good, I remember him being around the club in the Weyman years always getting positive mentions.
Mick Weyman, what we thought we had huh.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

GET OUTTA MY WEYMAN !!!

Condolences to Mick and his family.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Brenko Lee signed with East's Tigers in the QCup

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Condolences to the Weyman family.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

-TW- wrote: December 3, 2019, 8:30 pm Brenko Lee signed with East's Tigers in the QCup

this could out surprisingly serendipitous....
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Erin Clark contracted at Titans for next two seasons.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/01/ ... contracts/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders half Aidan Sezer appointed captain of Huddersfield Giants

Huddersfield Giants can announce Aidan Sezer has been awarded the captaincy for the 2020 Season.

Aidan Sezer said: "I feel very privileged to have the opportunity to captain the Giants and have the belief from a great bunch of lads and the coaching staff. I’m now excited about the year ahead, relishing the prospect of being halfback and captain at the Giants, hopefully I can do the badge proud and we as a club can have a good 2020.”

Read more: https://www.giantsrl.com/article/7182/a ... ts-captain
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

FWIW, I think he'll absolutely thrive with the captaincy and goal kicking.

I think his biggest struggle at the Raiders was fitting in with Hodgson and relinquishing his goal kicking to Toots.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Seiffert82 wrote: January 11, 2020, 9:27 am FWIW, I think he'll absolutely thrive with the captaincy and goal kicking.

I think his biggest struggle at the Raiders was fitting in with Hodgson and relinquishing his goal kicking to Toots.
Amongst other things but yes I agree. People underestimate the Hodgson factor. As a halfback who usually has responsibility to guide the team and call the shots, it would be a really difficult situation with Hodgson fulfilling those duties. Obviously a massive mental obstacle, which was obvious to see. 2019 was probably when he dealt with it best and started to show he knew how he could fit, but by then the horse had bolted and he knew he was on outer anyway.
Hope he goes well. Seems to be well liked by the players and was never a loose unit or anything here. Cronulla for Gal’s last game was his happy time for us. Couldn’t kick a field goal for years yet kicked a million clutch ones to win us the game and essentially get us top 4. Rest is history!
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Old School Green wrote: January 11, 2020, 10:07 am
Seiffert82 wrote: January 11, 2020, 9:27 am FWIW, I think he'll absolutely thrive with the captaincy and goal kicking.

Amongst other things but yes I agree. People underestimate the Hodgson factor. As a halfback who usually has responsibility to guide the team and call the shots, it would be a really difficult situation with Hodgson fulfilling those duties. Obviously a massive mental obstacle, which was obvious to see. 2019 was probably when he dealt with it best and started to show he knew how he could fit, but by then the horse had bolted and he knew he was on outer anyway.
Hope he goes well. Seems to be well liked by the players and was never a loose unit or anything here. Cronulla for Gal’s last game was his happy time for us. Couldn’t kick a field goal for years yet kicked a million clutch ones to win us the game and essentially get us top 4. Rest is history!
Yeah, he's a talented footballer. For much of his time here he seemed to play without a great deal of confidence. I think being given the captaincy over there will do wonders for his game.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Congratulations to him, hopefully he enjoys his footy over there. I'm more than happy with the trade for George.

In all of his time here, he never got his positioning right. It cost us many, many times. He also developed Campo's running game circa 2014.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Sunshine Coast junior footy coach Jarred Lawrence caught with cocaine

Former Canberra Raiders player Jarred Lawrence, and a current coach for Kawana Junior Rugby League Club, has been caught with a bag of drugs in a Sunshine Coast nightclub. He told police he was celebrating with friends on December 22 when someone handed him a bag of cocaine at Post Office Bar on Ocean St.

Security busted the former Canberra Raiders player holding the bag in the toilets and called police who charged him with possessing dangerous drugs.

Read more: https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/que ... 3e46091e2b

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... viour.html
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

I can’t ever remember this guy playing for raiders? Must have been years ago and only a few games

And why is this reported? it happens every weekend in every large city. Just click bait as former nrl player
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Played four games 2001-04. Certainly remember him... he was in the 2003 Premier League premiership team. Good player.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

He was our hooker in the 2004 Semi when we got belted from the Roosters
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I **** hate it when some random hands me a bag of coke in a bar. You just know it won't end well after you accept it and put it in your pocket.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Makaveli wrote: January 15, 2020, 3:44 pm He was our hooker in the 2004 Semi when we got belted from the Roosters
Correct. Woolford was out suspended.

From 2018:

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... -lawrence/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm having a ball watching all these old Raiders games on FoxLeague over summer.

God stuff.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Looks like Rapana didn't feature in round 1 for the Wild Knights.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

No Raps in the Round 2 team. Looking more and more like a "failed career move" to me :cool:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Seiffert82 wrote:I **** hate it when some random hands me a bag of coke in a bar. You just know it won't end well after you accept it and put it in your pocket.
Wonder if Karmichael got the memo?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dally M medal winner Todd Carney to coach Jimboomba rugby league kids

Former Raider Todd Carney has moved to Jimboomba, where he is living with former Married at First sight contestant Suzie Bradley, and he aims to help the next generation of rugby league superstars.

He is looking for talented kids to coach. Carney, an accredited coach, will offer group and individual skills and fitness sessions, focusing on speed, agility, kicking, passing and positional play.

Read more: https://www.jimboombatimes.com.au/story ... a/?cs=2432
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 17, 2020, 7:49 am No Raps in the Round 2 team. Looking more and more like a "failed career move" to me :cool:
How many rounds are there?
We have been told he cant sign with us after he finishes in japan this year, but will other clubs get to?
Reckon he will be in Titans colours this season
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There are 15 rounds.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:No Raps in the Round 2 team. Looking more and more like a "failed career move" to me :cool:
He’s Denan Kemping it. Join a club, don’t play, get paid, join new club, repeat.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

cat wrote:
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 17, 2020, 7:49 am No Raps in the Round 2 team. Looking more and more like a "failed career move" to me :cool:
How many rounds are there?
We have been told he cant sign with us after he finishes in japan this year, but will other clubs get to?
Reckon he will be in Titans colours this season
don't be ridiculous, if he signs with the titans then that's his and/or the raiders decision.
The NRL were very clear on a deliberate move by us and him, if both parties hadn't talked it up he probably could have done it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:No Raps in the Round 2 team. Looking more and more like a "failed career move" to me :cool:
There was something on FB a bit back about him having a leg injury.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Looks like Patrick Mago is at Souths

Named in their 9s squad

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The NRL would not block a Rapana return if they deemed the contract to be fair value...whatever that means when a bloke is injured and at the end of his career.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Just watching Salford v Huddersfield.

Aiden Sezer and English tourist/Mounties squad filler Jordan Turner playing for the Giants.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

-PJ- wrote:Just watching Salford v Huddersfield.

Aiden Sezer and English tourist/Mounties squad filler Jordan Turner playing for the Giants.
The post game in studio interview with Sezer was first class. Well worth a watch if you enjoy analysing the game.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk