NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 25, 2019, 10:45 am NFC East. Could we see a team go 8-8 and win the division?
Yep. Cowboys still in the box seat with Eagles losing today. Good chance its decided in the last or 2nd to last wk of the regular season.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Someone bog average if not down right bad is winning that division
Personally I’m pulling for Dallas

The eagles need a high pick to get into the CeeDee Lamb conversation in the draft
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Pheagles run home is easier than Cowboys. Going down to the wire I reckon.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 25, 2019, 10:56 am Pheagles run home is easier than Cowboys. Going down to the wire I reckon.
It will.
Right now, Cowboys have a better team on paper - leading passer (pending this wk) and top 10 RB, and 2 recievers in the top 25. Our special teams STINKS!!! Our D was very good today, has lost us games this yr, but, as I say, on paper that front 7 is very stout.
Eagles are banged up, but slowing getting troops back. Their offence is really struggling though. I think the winner of their next matchup in Philly wins the div.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

The game was won and lost via that blocked punt and INT. Short fields for 10pts.
Ignore the missed FGs today, that was tough kicking weather.

Cowboys in typical fashion did dumb things on key plays. Missed tackles, penatlies (happens every bloody wk), conservative play calling.

Now, it was bad conditions, and for once Zeke was getting down hill. However...
FG #1 missed

FG #2 from 46. Last series before the attempt. Zeke for 5, Zeke for 2, incomplete 3rd and 3. 4th and 3, OK, fair enough, get on the board.

FG #3 from 27. Last series before the attempt. Zeke for 3, incomplete to Pollard on 2nd, short to Pollard for 2 - 4th and 7. I get it, they were trying to get Pollard involved, but do it once, not twice. Need a Cooper, Zeke, Gallup or Cobb getting the ball down here. MUST score TDs vs Pats. McCafferey scored 2 or 3 times on the same play action pass today, and we couldnt do the same with either of our backs.

FG #4 from 29. Last series before the attempt. Zeke for 3, incomplete to Witten, incomplete to Jarwin. 4th and 7 again. MUST SCORE TDs!!! Neither of the TEs are your go to guys. I get Gilmore was all over Coop, but Gallup and Cobb were making plays. Zeke was running well. ****! RAM IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!!!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yep, cant go into Foxbough and kick FGS and except to win
Gotta punch it when you get the chance
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 25, 2019, 11:58 am Yep, cant go into Foxbough and kick FGS and except to win
Gotta punch it when you get the chance
yup
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

There was a bizarre tripping call in Seahawks at Eagles game, too.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Woooof... the Ravens were not here to play games today. My god.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 26, 2019, 2:20 pm Woooof... the Ravens were not here to play games today. My god.
Im ready to say... SB goes through Baltimore this yr. DAMN!!!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:
Botman wrote: November 26, 2019, 2:20 pm Woooof... the Ravens were not here to play games today. My god.
Im ready to say... SB goes through Baltimore this yr. DAMN!!!
Anything can still happen but they're a bloody good team to watch at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Botman,
The win column isnt flattering, but Dak continues to be the leading passer in the NFL (TBF, 4 of the top 5 are hovering around that .500 mark, and #2 is Winston - YUK. Rivers @3, Goff @4, Brady @5).

They are ALL top 5 for attempts, with 4 of those 5 also being top 5 for completions.
Dak is =5th for yards per completion with Stafford and Cousins - Hill, Tannerhill, Mahomes and Schaub are all above him.
He is 2nd to Stafford for yards per game.
4th for TD passes.
=5th for INTs (Darnold, Jimmy G, Ryan, Fitzmagic)... yuk! But I do know 2 of his 10 were hail mary INTs, which would make him =12th.
2nd for 1st downs

Is he worth what Wentz and Co got? 35-40mill?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yep. Give him 40m +
Richest contract in the NFL. Make it happen and make it happen now.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

On a serious note, im pushing hard against the pro-Dak stuff right now, mostly because people are talking about the Wentz v Dak thing as if that is over... i mean there no question Dak is playing better right now and is having a better year, but he's also surrounded by better talent at the skill positions. Dak has never played at a level Wentz did in 2017.

But that's the Dallas thing for you. They are a huge market and the team all the talking heads want to talk about. People actually believe that Tony Romo was a better QB than Donavan McNabb. That's just how the Jerreh Jones marketing thing works. But what option do the Cowboys have by to pay him?

Dak bet on himself and in his contract year, has put up a career year. Is Dallas going to let Dak walk away after this year? Absolutely not. Reports are that Dak has already turned down a 35m+ per year deal, so he isnt settling for top of the market money. He's looking to break the market.... So where does that number land? He's got another 3-4 nationally televised games in the next 5 weeks and probably getting the division play off game with the Eagles flexed into the national tv game... if he balls out in those games and leads the Cowboys to a division title... hard to imagine this coming in under 38mil per year
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 27, 2019, 12:22 pm On a serious note, im pushing hard against the pro-Dak stuff right now, mostly because people are talking about the Wentz v Dak thing as if that is over... i mean there no question Dak is playing better right now and is having a better year, but he's also surrounded by better talent at the skill positions. Dak has never played at a level Wentz did in 2017.

But that's the Dallas thing for you. They are a huge market and the team all the talking heads want to talk about. People actually believe that Tony Romo was a better QB than Donavan McNabb. That's just how the Jerreh Jones marketing thing works. But what option do the Cowboys have by to pay him?

Dak bet on himself and in his contract year, has put up a career year. Is Dallas going to let Dak walk away after this year? Absolutely not. Reports are that Dak has already turned down a 35m+ per year deal, so he isnt settling for top of the market money. He's looking to break the market.... So where does that number land? He's got another 3-4 nationally televised games in the next 5 weeks and probably getting the division play off game with the Eagles flexed into the national tv game... if he balls out in those games and leads the Cowboys to a division title... hard to imagine this coming in under 38mil per year
1stly, Romo had more ability/ natural talent, basically a prettier QB. McNabb was a better player. Bad analogy, but think Mark and Steve Waugh. 1 had more talent, the other was the better player.

As for Dak, from what I've heard, he didn't turn down 35mill, he turned down the guaranteed money and structure of it, in that 35. However, since doing so, has put up career numbers. Which of course means the price goes up.

That Cowboys media guys all believe it has risen from 35 to will around 37-38, but needs to be big on the guaranteed coin. Which by all accounts, has been the major sticking point.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: November 27, 2019, 12:22 pm On a serious note, im pushing hard against the pro-Dak stuff right now, mostly because people are talking about the Wentz v Dak thing as if that is over... i mean there no question Dak is playing better right now and is having a better year, but he's also surrounded by better talent at the skill positions. Dak has never played at a level Wentz did in 2017.

Very subjective and you can make a case for both. Difference is Romo put up some of the big numbers that people covet when analysing QBs. McNabb was not a stats monster. More of a team leader style. He was also consistently successful over a longer period.

Cowboys fans will say Romo is better while Pheagles fans will rate McNabb. If I was after a franchise QB and could clone one I'd probably go McNabb for reasons alread stated.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah I think most objective people would take McNabb
He won something like 10 division titles, Romo won 2 or 3 I think

Went to the super bowl, took him team to 4 NFC championship games. Romo never got past the divisional round.

Has a 9-7 play off record to Romo’s 2-4

Finished his career with more passing yards per game and a better td-int ratio
He went to 6 pro bowls to romo’s 2

The only time NcNabb had an elite wr was one year of TO, and early Djax. Otherwise the best skill player he had was Westbrook... Romo had TO and Dez basically his entire career

You line up the resumes, and it ain’t close
Last edited by Botman on November 27, 2019, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

But regardless of that, the point is Dallas is a machine as a franchise and Jerreh ain’t going to let Dak walk...

He’s getting paid and he’s getting more money than any nfl player before him.
He bet on himself and won.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

So long as they have Garrett they aren't tasting success. He's a can.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: November 27, 2019, 7:53 pm So long as they have Garrett they aren't tasting success. He's a can.

Yes, yes he is.
Unless we play in the championship game, I reckon he is gone
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Jerreh is **** HOT.
There is NO chance he survives this season without a very deep play off run.

I've been wrong before about this before... for every season for the past 6 years to be exact! haha.
He's the 7th most tenured coach in the entire NFL and the only one of those 7 who hasnt made a SB... this **** hasnt even made a championship game

He's got to be in the NFC CG to even have a chance of surviving.
And im low key terrified that he's going to be sacked and Dallas will finally have competency at that level..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It would almost be worth cheering them on to reach it (and lose) just so they give him another 5 year deal.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 27, 2019, 8:32 pm Jerreh is **** HOT.
There is NO chance he survives this season without a very deep play off run.

I've been wrong before about this before... for every season for the past 6 years to be exact! haha.
He's the 7th most tenured coach in the entire NFL and the only one of those 7 who hasnt made a SB... this **** hasnt even made a championship game

He's got to be in the NFC CG to even have a chance of surviving.
And im low key terrified that he's going to be sacked and Dallas will finally have competency at that level..
:lol:
I really hope this is it.
Like so many, this is a deep playoff roster (our back end isnt good enough to win a SB, I dont think), with the spudiest of spud coaches.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: November 27, 2019, 8:57 pm It would almost be worth cheering them on to reach it (and lose) just so they give him another 5 year deal.

It really would
NFCCG, get absolutely **** waxed by the Saints... Garrett gets a 5 year extension, RUN IT BACK! :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 28, 2019, 7:46 am
gergreg wrote: November 27, 2019, 8:57 pm It would almost be worth cheering them on to reach it (and lose) just so they give him another 5 year deal.

It really would
NFCCG, get absolutely **** waxed by the Saints... Garrett gets a 5 year extension, RUN IT BACK! :lol:
Saints? Not 9ers or Seattle?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Na. I got the Saints coming out of the NFC
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'll take 49ers over Saints right now. Only loss was in OT vs Seahawks and I thought they were the better team that night. Saints have looked a bit fragile on occasions. Whether they crumble or rise come playoffs is what matters.

We get to see 49ers and Saints face off in 10 days. That will be telling.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

How will the Seahawks pull one out of their **** against *checks notes* the Vikings this weekend?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: November 28, 2019, 10:36 am I'll take 49ers over Saints right now. Only loss was in OT vs Seahawks and I thought they were the better team that night. Saints have looked a bit fragile on occasions. Whether they crumble or rise come playoffs is what matters.

We get to see 49ers and Saints face off in 10 days. That will be telling.
There is still something about Jimmy G that i dont quite trust
It may not matter because the pass rush is insane and the running game is as diverse and creative as any in the league... but im curious to see how go against the Ravens this week
Big gut check moment for both teams.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

ARRRRRRRRRGH!
Bunch of numpties!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MATT!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

@Matt

I say Happy Thanksgiving! How BOUT DEM COWBOYS!?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:@Matt

I say Happy Thanksgiving! How BOUT DEM COWBOYS!?
What really matters is whether or not Dak is the leading passer in the NFL. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't - but it's a question only Matt can answer...

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt's waiting to see piggles lose his **** when Pheagles lose to the Phins.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: November 29, 2019, 8:34 pm Matt's waiting to see piggles lose his **** when Pheagles lose to the Phins.
Dont worry, im getting my **** kicks in now whilst i can. The Eagles **** show is coming... maybe it's the Dolphins game, maybe it's the deadskins, maybe it's the Giants in NY. Or maybe they just make it clean and have it at home against Dallas

It's coming... We sold our souls for the SB a few years ago and the bill has come due... so im gonna get my licks in whilst i can! :roflmao