Canberra Raiders 2020 NRL draw

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Canberra Raiders 2020 NRL draw

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: October 31, 2019, 12:23 pm If you had any doubt the AFL is coming for rugby league in Canberra... hopefully they get burnt by it.
Two big games vs teams with fairly big supporter bases too- they really are trying to see if they can make a dent and spoil some big occasions.

Certainly a declaration of war. Big chance for fans to turn out and show ACT govt where their hearts are.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: October 31, 2019, 12:23 pm If you had any doubt the AFL is coming for rugby league in Canberra... hopefully they get burnt by it.
I don’t know whether it is the AFL’s fault the NRL’s fault or it is just not something that is considered but it shouldn’t be happening.

The AFL use a super computer similar to the NRL and I don’t know if either code puts in the clashes in Canberra into that system. Obviously it has to happen somewhere like the SCG where it is the same venue, as do Brumbies/Raiders clashes but not sure if Bruce/Manuka clashes are avoided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We'd be severely underestimating the AFL to assume that scheduling games against rugby league is pure coincidence. They had the chance to avoid the clashes.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: October 31, 2019, 3:54 pm We'd be severely underestimating the AFL to assume that scheduling games against rugby league is pure coincidence. They had the chance to avoid the clashes.
Well so did the NRL I guess. The software both codes use is only as good as the parameters that are fed into it.

I don’t think the AFL gains anything by having both games at the same time and neither do the NRL.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL and AFL draw turns into a "Simpsons war"

Who did it better: The Simpsons, the Canberra Raiders or the Richmond Tigers? A social media battle erupted on Thursday after sporting teams from rival codes had the same idea for promoting their 2020 season draw.

But the AFL published their draw on Thursday, triggering a wave of similar videos. AFL team Richmond, however, pulled the trigger on their Simpsons version, resulting in some tongue-in-cheek reactions.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Draw looks OK. You can never tell how tough it actually is before the season. We should have some high-crowd home games.

Tough run for the fans to end the season though...only one home game in the 6 rounds from Rd 19 to Rd 24!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders travel to rise in 2020

The Canberra Raiders will travel 22,630 kilometres in 2020, with only the Warriors, Cowboys, Storm and Broncos travelling more next season. The travel burden is up slightly, after the Raiders travelled 22,115 kilometres in 2019. The Raiders are being taken to Perth by the Roosters in 2020 - but that effectively replaces their trip to Darwin to face the Eels in 2019.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/04/eac ... -warriors/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders plan for Far North Queensland getaway in bid to overcome 2020 travel blues

The Canberra Times is reporting that the Canberra Raiders will have a camp in Townsville in the lead-up to the Round 20 clash against the North Queensland Cowboys. They will head straight to Townsville after meeting the Dragons in Wollongong. Meanwhile the Raiders will have only one trial, against the Bulldogs in Port Macquarie on 29 February, though Mounties will also have a trial on 22 February.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

TICKETS for West Tigers' clash with the Canberra Raiders at Scully Park next year are set to go on sale in the coming weeks.

Tigers members will get first crack at the tickets for the May 9 clash (on sale from December 9). The rest of the public can buy tickets from December 11.

Read more: https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/ ... h-raiders/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: November 11, 2019, 4:06 pm Canberra Raiders plan for Far North Queensland getaway in bid to overcome 2020 travel blues

The Canberra Times is reporting that the Canberra Raiders will have a camp in Townsville in the lead-up to the Round 20 clash against the North Queensland Cowboys. They will head straight to Townsville after meeting the Dragons in Wollongong. Meanwhile the Raiders will have only one trial, against the Bulldogs in Port Macquarie on 29 February, though Mounties will also have a trial on 22 February.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
The Bulldogs trial is in Port Macquarie !!!!

Don't drive to Coffs Harbour for the Feb29 trial....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wasn't there talk of playing a pre-season game in England?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yeah got canned

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tickets on sale soon for Wagga Wagga match

Canberra Raiders players Luke Bateman and Hudson Young joined Wagga Wagga Mayor Greg Conkey in Wagga Wagga on Thursday, to announce a date for tickets going on sale for their match against the Knights at McDonalds Park on Saturday April 18, 2020.

Canberra Raiders members will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets during an exclusive member buying window from 10am Monday December 9, with Knights members having an opportunity from 10am on Tuesday December 10, before General Public on sale at 10am on Wednesday December 11.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/11 ... gga-match/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Luke Bateman and Hudson Young excited for Wagga match:

Raiders stars visit Wagga Wagga Base Hospital: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/11 ... -hospital/

https://wagga.nsw.gov.au/city-of-wagga- ... g2hOA3SdR0
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just managed to get a grandstand pre sale ticket for Tamworth: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... -pre-sale/

Missed the email notification in the members email last week...

Tickets on sale to the public from 10am: https://wtlc.com.au/

https://sa2.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servle ... S&tck=true
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Good News!! 90 days until first game of 2020.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I don't know if I'm ready to love again

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-TW- wrote:I don't know if I'm ready to love again

Will you settle for hate?

The Roosters deserve your hate.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tickets for Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters, Perth on sale now: https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/sydney- ... 907F412840
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roosters fans keen for Grand Final replays

We asked the Sydney Roosters community to tell us which game away from Sydney they're most excited for in 2020, and a clear winner has emerged from a list of tough choices. Despite a wide range of exciting match-ups to choose from, Roosters fans can't wait to see the battle against the Canberra Raiders in Perth.

The Roosters will also face the Raiders at GIO Stadium later in the season, which received the second most votes in the poll.

Read more: https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/0 ... ZFt4uuZM-I
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Ben Cummins to referee both games I'm hearing...

No wonder chook fans are excited..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-PJ- wrote:Ben Cummins to referee both games I'm hearing...

I hear he changed his mind.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Boom! ....

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: January 23, 2020, 2:31 pm

Ben Cummins is the kind of guy who circles back to the drive through in a rage that he never got his nuggets... receipt says otherwise...
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

BadnMean wrote: January 24, 2020, 12:31 am
BJ wrote: January 23, 2020, 2:31 pm

Ben Cummins is the kind of guy who circles back to the drive through in a rage that he never got his nuggets... receipt says otherwise...
6 nuggets?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL in Tamworth: footy fans urged to get in fast to secure tickets

FOOTY fans have been urged to get in quick to avoid missing out on a ticket for the upcoming NRL clash at Scully Park. Tickets are selling fast for the May 9 Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders league fixture. Tickets are available through the Wests Tamworth Leagues Club website.

Read more: https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/ ... ssing-out/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'm not sure how getting our fats in is going to help... but I'm willing to try.

Edit:
Changing the title after the joke is a paddling.
Last edited by zim on January 30, 2020, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

zim wrote:I'm not sure how getting our fats in is going to help... but I'm willing to try.
Swinging by every KFC on the way will do it

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders have bushfire plans for NRL game at Wagga Wagga

The Canberra Raiders' bushfire relief plan is set to go beyond the NRL opening round to include their game in Wagga Wagga. The club is developing a plan for multiple events through the year in support of the bushfire damaged regions across southern NSW and the ACT. The Jersey Flegg under-20s squad will head down to Moruya next weekend for a camp, which will include an open training session.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders home game tickets now on sale

Tickets are on sale today from 10am for Canberra Raiders Home Games for season 2020. Click here: https://m.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=RAIDERS20

Expected highlights include Round 1 v Gold Coast Titans, where the Canberra Raiders will be raising money for Bushfire Relief, and offering free entry for RFS and SES Volunteers.

While the Grand Final re-match against the Sydney Roosters in round 15 is sure to be a blockbuster.

Membership is the most affordable way to attend games in season 2020! To secure your seat now, head to www.raiders.com.au/membership

With full and part-season packages available, we encourage you to sign up and join the Raiders Family today!

Canberra Raiders media
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Wagga Wagga match to move back to the national capital

Wagga Wagga City Council and Canberra Raiders have committed to a National Rugby League match in the city next year after today confirming the 18 April 2020 fixture will not go ahead in Wagga.

Mayor of the City of Wagga Wagga Councillor Greg Conkey OAM confirmed a decision on the future of the Round 6 game against Newcastle Knights in Wagga had to be made to assist with planning and logistics amid the management of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation.

“There’s no doubt this is disappointing for all concerned, but the decision has been made in line with advice from government and health authorities and in the best interests of the community,” Cr Conkey said.

“The good news is that we can look forward to Canberra Raiders playing in Wagga Wagga again next year.

“Council has been in discussions with the Raiders and the NRL and our partnership will roll into 2021 which means the Green Machine will be back in Wagga … that has been locked in.”

Canberra Raiders’ Chief Executive Officer Don Furner confirmed a game in Wagga next season was in the diary.

“I have spoken to both the ACT Government and the NRL and they are both supportive of this decision,” Mr Furner said.

“At this stage the match will be transferred to GIO Stadium for the same day and time and whether that will be in front of spectators or behind closed doors, remains to be seen.”

Mr Furner said he could not confirm at this early stage a date or opponent for the 2020 game at McDonald’s Park.

“It’s a terrific venue, we see great value in bringing this game to Wagga and we want to continue that partnership we have forged with the city in recent times,” Mr Furner said.

Cr Conkey confirmed Council’s ongoing partnership with Canberra Raiders was as strong as ever and the current situation demonstrated that working relationship.

“The Raiders have been fantastic in working with Council staff and keeping them informed every step of the way,” Cr Conkey said.

“Their professionalism in this unprecedented situation has been outstanding and Council looks forward to working with the club again next year.”

Patrons who have purchased tickets to the Round 6 game will be eligible for a full refund through Ticketek.
Ticketek will be in contact with all ticket holders in coming days to let them know the process.

Canberra Raiders media release
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers confirm clash with Canberra Raiders at Tamworth cancelled

Wests Tigers and Wests Entertainment Group have today confirmed that the NRL match scheduled for the region in 2020 will not take place this year.

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and the current suspension of the NRL season, a decision on the fixture planned for May 9 between Wests Tigers and the Canberra Raiders has been made to best assist with logistics and financial measures.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the decision was a disappointing one to make, but confirmed the club remained committed to the New England region moving forward.

“There is no doubt that this is disappointing news for all involved,” Pascoe said, “but it is a decision that is made in advice from the Federal Government and health authorities to best protect the health of the general public and community.

“As a club, Wests Tigers have developed a strong relationship with the New England region, and Tamworth in particular, and we were really looking forward to our annual game at Scully Park — as has become the tradition in recent years.

“Discussions have already begun about returning to the region in 2021, and we are indeed hopeful that we can secure a decision that is in the best interest for all involved.”

Patrons who have purchased tickets for the match at Scully Park will be eligible for a full refund through Wests Entertainment Group, who will begin the refund process next week. Refunds will be returned to ticket holders using the same method that they were puchased. This will be a big task so your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated. We will contact you if there is any issues with your refund, otherwise please expect to see your money returned in the coming weeks.

Read more: http://ow.ly/P1dS50zaGI3

Tamworth Wests Tigers NRL fixture with Canberra Raiders cancelled: https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/ ... cancelled/
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Surprised they waited this long