Newcastle Knights 2019

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Where will the Knights finish in 2019?

Minor premiers
No votes
Top four
33%
Top eight
33%
Bottom eight
No votes
Bottom four
33%
Wooden spoon/least wins
No votes

Total votes: 6

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: Newcastle Knights 2019

Post by bonehead »

Just on Brown, I'd love to see him at the Raiders alongside Mulholland in the talent identification area
Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Oh dear..

That's a shame..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It’s been a pretty epic crash for Newcastle from top 4 hopeful to park footy side. Don’t remember too many this horrid.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coach Nathan Brown departs Newcastle Knights, effective immediately, with Kristian Woolf named interim coach

Nathan Brown has departed the Newcastle Knights, effective immediately.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/27/bro ... mediately/

Newcastle Knights club statement

The nib Newcastle Knights can confirm coach Nathan Brown has departed the Club effective immediately.

This decision has been made in conjunction with Brown in the best interest of the Club.

Kristian Woolf will take over as interim coach for the remainder of the 2019 season.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters assistant Adam O’Brien announced as new Newcastle Knights coach

The Newcastle Knights have officially signed Adam O’Brien as Nathan Brown’s successor from next season. The Knights have signed the Roosters assistant coach for the next three seasons, committing to the rookie head coach until the end of 2022.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 447cbfdcbf

Newcastle Knights club statement

The Newcastle Knights are pleased to announce the appointment of Adam O’Brien as the Head Coach for the next three seasons.

Having served a lengthy apprenticeship of the highest order during his time in the Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters systems, O’Brien brings a deep understanding for the game and management of players.

Knights CEO Mr Philip Gardner said the Club had drawn up a short-list of names to determine the best candidates in the game and securing a coach of O’Brien’s ilk is the best outcome to lead the Club forward.

“We are very excited to have Adam coming in as Head Coach,” Mr Gardner said.

“Aside from quality coaching, we want quality people within the organisation and Adam ticks all of those boxes.

“Adam has had extensive experience in development and transition programs, along with his experience in leading premiership winning Clubs.

“We look forward to Adam’s arrival ahead of the 2020 season.

“We’d like to thank the Roosters and in particular, Trent Robinson for allowing Adam to go through this process.

“There is nothing better for us, then to have Adam come to the Knights from a premiership winning system.”

O’Brien started his professional coaching career as an assistant to Brad Arthur in the Melbourne under 20s side before working as a development coach for the Storm and finally spending five years alongside Craig Bellamy as an assistant.

After serving his 11-year apprenticeship at the Storm, he moved to the Sydney Roosters late last year to work alongside Trent Robinson.

O’Brien said; “The Knights are a strong Club with a significant and passionate supporter base through the Hunter region and beyond.

“They have stability off the field via the Wests Group and a rich nursery of junior talent.

“I have been patient throughout my coaching career, but the time is right to make this move and all of these attributes made the move to Newcastle an easy decision.

“The playing list excites me and the Hunter community excites me. There is a lot to look forward to.

“I am excited about what is around the corner, but my sole focus over the next five weeks remains with the Roosters and our finals campaign. That isn't something I take lightly.

“Once the 2019 season has concluded, I will turn my attention to Newcastle.”

O’Brien will join the Knights for pre-season preparations ahead of 2020.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Who the **** are any of these *****?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jamie Buhrer retires: Newcastle Knights forward hangs up his boots

Newcastle utility Jamie Buhrer has called time on rugby league after a decade-long career in the NRL. The 29-year-old forward wasn't offered a new deal by the Knights for 2020 after three seasons at the club.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/15/buh ... -up-boots/

Slade Griffin retires: Injury forces luckless Newcastle Knights hooker to hang up boots: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/13/gri ... -up-boots/

Knights sign former Cowboys centre Enari Tuala on a one-year deal, while Daniel Saifiti re-signed to end 2022: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/04/202 ... all-teams/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Wow retired at 29. Hard to believe he was an origin rep.

Reckon he holds the NRL record for the longest distance backwards through the air after that hit from Paps.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Northern Raider wrote: November 15, 2019, 10:11 am Wow retired at 29. Hard to believe he was an origin rep.

Reckon he holds the NRL record for the longest distance backwards through the air after that hit from Paps.
Wasn’t it Jnr Paulo who flattened him at Bruce? Or are you talking about another hit?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

He was playing for Manly when Papa sent him into orbit.

A few years before the Paulo hit.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

BadnMean wrote: November 15, 2019, 11:24 am He was playing for Manly when Papa sent him into orbit.

A few years before the Paulo hit.
Gotcha.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Yep..

Papa knocked 7 shades outta him..

It was beautiful.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: