Canberra Raiders and Huddersfield Giants join forces to establish junior academy program

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra Raiders and Huddersfield Giants join forces to establish junior academy program

Post by greeneyed »

The Canberra Raiders have joined forces with the Huddersfield Giants in the English Super League to establish a joint academy program, to give aspiring rugby league players from the Huddersfield region the opportunity to experience rugby league in Australia.

“This academy partnership will allow talented young English players the opportunity to come to... play in the Raiders junior system and go back home with more experience,” Raiders CEO Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/11 ... t-academy/
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Canberra Raiders and Huddersfield Giants join forces to establish junior academy program

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Interesting.. I’m curious to see how this plays out
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders and Huddersfield Giants join forces to establish junior academy program

Post by Coastalraider »

Sezer might end up back here on a development contract.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders look for next gen of English Giants with Huddersfield

England has been such a happy hunting ground the Canberra Raiders will now look to develop generation next. They've gone into partnership with English Super League club Huddersfield to bring a couple of under-20s players out every year to find the next Josh Hodgson.

"[Simon Woolford has] identified a couple of young guys he thinks would make our 20s team and we'll see how we go," Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

And we end up sending Sezer the other way
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I think this sounds like a great move.
I guess Wigan werent too keen after we poached all their good players :P