NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 11, 2019, 2:54 pm Nice job Vikings, was certain they'd piss down their leg on D at the end there, but they held firm enough
We know how to blow a game, ****! You run once, coz u need to burn clock, NOT, twice. They stopped the run all day, you cant got there twice. :rant
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: November 11, 2019, 1:06 pm
gergreg wrote: November 11, 2019, 12:47 pm
Northern Raider wrote:Miami not real good at this tanking thing
Giants showing them who's the boss in the tanking stakes.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
The Bengals and Deadskins have got a little bit to say about this :lol:
There is truly some ghastly units going around at the moment.

Tua going to head back to Bama if Cincy gets the first pick :roflmao
Pretty embarassing for these teams considering they went into the season with every intention of winning as many games as possible. To be going worse than a team that traded away just about every decent player on the roster must be totally degrading.

On the flip side Brian Flores might be a darn good coach. Just to have that roster competing is amazing in itself.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: November 11, 2019, 2:58 pm
Botman wrote: November 11, 2019, 2:54 pm Nice job Vikings, was certain they'd piss down their leg on D at the end there, but they held firm enough
We know how to blow a game, ****! You run once, coz u need to burn clock, NOT, twice. They stopped the run all day, you cant got there twice. :rant

It was a weird game, i watched most of it thanks to the implications on the eagles, but it felt like the Vikings were the best team most of the game, got out to spots they should have taken control of the game, then blew them in a huge way, and Dallas had a chance to steal it and blew it themselves.
Good game ultimately, really entertaining.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

NFC East really in the balance. Really need to win the division as neither will get a wildcard if their current win records continue.

At least they have the advantage of 2 games against dodgy division rivals. Advantage Pheagles in that regard as Cowboys already have 3 of those 4 wins. Pheagles only taken 1 and have 3 to come.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Big game this afternoon
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
summitone77
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by summitone77 »

Matt wrote:
I was watching with my Mrs as she is a Vikings fan. But I was thinking the same thing...why did they go the run twice at the end there? It hadn’t worked all day, yet the pass had. Was scratching my head with that one.
summitone77
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by summitone77 »

reptar wrote:Big game this afternoon
Potential to be one of the games of the year!!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

summitone77 wrote:
Matt wrote:
I was watching with my Mrs as she is a Vikings fan. But I was thinking the same thing...why did they go the run twice at the end there? It hadn’t worked all day, yet the pass had. Was scratching my head with that one.
Dud coach.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

summitone77 wrote:
reptar wrote:Big game this afternoon
Potential to be one of the games of the year!!
I think Seahawks will have to slow the game down and convert almost every drive to win. Wilson is just superb. Defence is awful, no pass rush.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 11, 2019, 7:28 pm
Matt wrote: November 11, 2019, 2:58 pm

It was a weird game, i watched most of it thanks to the implications on the eagles, but it felt like the Vikings were the best team most of the game, got out to spots they should have taken control of the game, then blew them in a huge way, and Dallas had a chance to steal it and blew it themselves.
Good game ultimately, really entertaining.
Felt like a finals game. D tried, but ultimately offense won out. Only turnover was the hail Mary too.

We fought back from 14 nil down after missing the 57 harder, and Dak was money, esp to Coop who is king of the toe tap
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

summitone77 wrote: November 12, 2019, 8:43 am
Matt wrote:
I was screaming at the computer. That was soooooo dumb. A fake run to pass to him in the flat, or a short slant to WR or TE was the play.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Seahawks an 49ers heading to OT. 50 yard FG to level up as time expires by a rookie on debut for SF.

Amazing game from 2 legitimate contenders.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 12, 2019, 2:32 pm Seahawks an 49ers heading to OT. 50 yard FG to level up as time expires by a rookie on debut for SF.

Seahawks win it. OT was exciting too. Wilson looked to have lost it with an INT. Then 49ers with a shanks 47 yarder. Seahawks get the FG late.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: November 12, 2019, 3:07 pm
Northern Raider wrote: November 12, 2019, 2:32 pm Seahawks an 49ers heading to OT. 50 yard FG to level up as time expires by a rookie on debut for SF.

Seahawks win it. OT was exciting too. Wilson looked to have lost it with an INT. Then 49ers with a shanks 47 yarder. Seahawks get the FG late.
:lol: That field goal attempt was worse than me off the 1st tee.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 12, 2019, 4:45 pm
Matt wrote: November 12, 2019, 3:07 pm

:lol: That field goal attempt was worse than me off the 1st tee.
That's me on more that just the tee :lol:
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

What an awesome game! NFC West looking hot!

Not much between the Seahawks and 49ers.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wild scenes in Cleveland

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Utterly disgusting stuff from Myles Garrett tonight... I dont think what the Pits players did was good either but once one of your players gets his helmet ripped off and then attacked with that helmet all bets are off and im cool with whatever you do to that dude there after.

The book on Myles Garrett is he's a very placid, sweet and thoughtful person off the park. I've always found him likable. But that is inexcusable and it will dog him for the rest of his career. He should not play another down this season.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Just watched replay. Garrett might be rubbed out for the season on that. Insane actions by him. Fortunate he hit Rudolph with the 'soft' end of the helmet.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

TBH Pouncey punching and kneeing a defenseless Garrett on the ground looks worse than a helmet swing to me. BUT.... ugly ugly scenes. I think both will be missing significant time.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: November 15, 2019, 7:36 pm TBH Pouncey punching and kneeing a defenseless Garrett on the ground looks worse than a helmet swing to me. BUT.... ugly ugly scenes. I think both will be missing significant time.
You CANT be serious, Matt?
Pouncey, punching and kicking a player with a helmet on who's just viciously assaulted his team mate is a worse look than a player ripping off another players helmet and smashing him in the head with it?

Pouncey was at more risk of breaking his own foot or hand hitting Garrett in the helmet than he was of injuring Garrett.

Garrett on the other hand could have legitimately changed Mason Rudolph's life, or if he hit the wrong spot, ended it.
Seriously Matt. You can not be serious with that take.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Trying to punch a guy in the helmet being worse than swinging a helmet at an unprotected head? That's a Matt's Matchups special right there.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 15, 2019, 7:39 pm
Matt wrote: November 15, 2019, 7:36 pm TBH Pouncey punching and kneeing a defenseless Garrett on the ground looks worse than a helmet swing to me. BUT.... ugly ugly scenes. I think both will be missing significant time.
You CANT be serious, Matt?
Pouncey, punching and kicking a player with a helmet on who's just viciously assaulted his team mate is a worse look than a player ripping off another players helmet and smashing him in the head with it?

Pouncey was at more risk of breaking his own foot or hand hitting Garrett in the helmet than he was of injuring Garrett.

Garrett on the other hand could have legitimately changed Mason Rudolph's life, or if he hit the wrong spot, ended it.
Seriously Matt. You can not be serious with that take.
Look, youre not wrong. The ifs, ands, or buts are very valid. In my mind there really isn't much between the 2. After all, they are footballers, not an MMA fighters.

Garretts actions are ugly as, not trying to excuse that at all. And yes, could have been worse.

But no, I don't think an uncoordinated helmet swing over the top of some other blokes shoulder is as ugly as some other bloke wailing on a defenseless person.

I get what you're saying, he is protecting his mate. However, I never like the look of the guy on the ground being pounded on the ground.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt, you've got kids. Go and grab one of their bicycle helmets and start punching it. Then give that helmet to your wife and tell her to hit you over the head with... and then report back to us.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I think Matt's copped a helmet to the head
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: November 15, 2019, 8:12 pm Matt, you've got kids. Go and grab one of their bicycle helmets and start punching it. Then give that helmet to your wife and tell her to hit you over the head with... and then report back to us.

Bicycle helmet? That's a feather duster compared to an NFL one. Motorbike helmet would work better.

That's what I find ridiculous when you see players trying to punch (or kick) a guy wearing. More likely to break your hand (or foot) than cause any damage to them.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: November 15, 2019, 8:12 pm Matt, you've got kids. Go and grab one of their bicycle helmets and start punching it. Then give that helmet to your wife and tell her to hit you over the head with... and then report back to us.

My son has hit me with his helmet. It hurts.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The guy on the ground being pounded has a helmet on and instigated the incident by using some other dudes helmet to try and bash the guys **** brains in

You've lost the friggin plot, Matt.
There was ZERO risk to Myles Garrett. ZERO. None. Nadda. Pouncey could have hit and kicked him as much as he likes, that's the point of the helmet, they are made to withstand significant impact...

A man's unprotected skull was attacked with said helmet. Goodness me.
There was nothing uncorrdinated about Garrett's swing at all, he ripped the guys helmet off, and swung it at his head. And connected. He legitimately could have seriously hurt or killed Mason Rudolph. Those helmets weigh a **** TON, and as said above, they are made to withstand serious contact, so they arent some cheap plastic ****.

Reassess Matt. And if you dont beleive me, check twitter and you'll find basically every single player whose commented denouncing Garrett's actions and many of which saying Pouncey should not even be fined because his actions were entirely understandable. Garrett's were not.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: November 15, 2019, 8:17 pm

Bicycle helmet? That's a feather duster compared to an NFL one. Motorbike helmet would work better.

That's what I find ridiculous when you see players trying to punch (or kick) a guy wearing. More likely to break your hand (or foot) than cause any damage to them.
I've never been hit with a motorbike helmet, but I have had a couple of construction hard hats, and an army issue helmet.

Not denying it ain't fun. Nor am I saying someone swung it at me like Garrett.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Matt wrote:TBH Pouncey punching and kneeing a defenseless Garrett on the ground looks worse than a helmet swing to me. BUT.... ugly ugly scenes. I think both will be missing significant time.
Lol what?! He fair belted him in the face with it

This is the hottest take of all time

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Gents,

My commenting on the pain factor of various headwear is very tongue in cheek and beside the point I'm making. Also makes light of a serious matter, which isn't right.

Never once did I say these actions weren't ugly.

Never once did I say the potential of Garrets actions could have been worse. We have probably all seen the Phil Hughes video, so I know what might have happened. I get the seriousness. You guys are right on that, as are the players commenting.

I get that people feel Pouncey is within his rights. Frankly, I don't. There is a reason the retaliatory action gets pushed too. Padding and helmets or not, what he did isn't ok.

BOTH, players should be spending serious time out. Which is what I said from the start. Garrett longer than Pouncey, sure. But both are ugly, are both should be punished.

As for my opinion on what I deem an uglier look, who really gives 2 hoots?!? What I think doesn't matter.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah but come on, man. If you think a guy hiting and kicking at a guy with a **** helmet on is an uglier look than a guy trying to crush someone's unprotected skull in with a helmet... i mean... jesus man.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Pouncey is going to get a week or two... no question he's going to face some time... But Garrett is long odds at this point to play again this season, and maybe he misses part of next. That's the level of disparity we're talking about here
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It was all pretty bad. Kicking a guy on the ground? Hitting a guy with a helmet? Why are we debating what’s “worse”?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

You are correct. (GE slide in between, Botman is correct).
It's football.
Neither should happen.