From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

@Botman,

Gotta be happy with Dougie, Wentz and the boys today. Gritty under strength win against a fancied Bills unit.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

JJ Watt torn pec, gone for the yr. He is becoming fragile.
summitone77
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by summitone77 »

I am getting more and more impressed with Aaron Jones every game I watch him.
He is very exciting to watch!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

summitone77 wrote: October 28, 2019, 1:19 pm I am getting more and more impressed with Aaron Jones every game I watch him.
He is very exciting to watch!
The biggest error in the Mike McCarthy era was not giving him the clear cut starters job. Very good back for today's NFL
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: October 28, 2019, 10:26 am @Botman,

Gotta be happy with Dougie, Wentz and the boys today. Gritty under strength win against a fancied Bills unit.
Significant improvement on previous 2 efforts. Still a long way from where we need to be but that was a statement game, and should quiet the noise around this team for a little while... Chi-town coming to Philly next week, followed by the Bye, and then the Pats... need to keep this going with a win over the Bears, because i dont know how realistic a win against the Pats is

After that pats game though, and assuming we beat the Bears and lose to the pats, we're 5-5 and then it's Seattle , @Miami, Giants, @Redskins, Dallas, @Giants...

Could be 11-5 or 9-7 pending the Seatle and Dallas games.
11-5 would mean we're going into the play offs HOT. I think ultimately this ends 10-6... i think we'll drop the Seattle game, and then rally to rattle off the last 5 in a row.

Meanwhile dem boys at 4-3 go:
@NYG (W), MIN (L), @DET (W), @NE (L), BUF (W), @CHI (W), LAR (L), @PHI (L), WAS (W)... 9-7 or like the eagles 11-5 if they sweep the Vikings and Rams games... potentially 12-4 if they clean them both up and sweep Philly.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 28, 2019, 1:45 pm

Significant improvement on previous 2 efforts. Still a long way from where we need to be but that was a statement game, and should quiet the noise around this team for a little while... Chi-town coming to Philly next week, followed by the Bye, and then the Pats... need to keep this going with a win over the Bears, because i dont know how realistic a win against the Pats is
I actually watched this game, as it was on FTA. Allen put in a very Turbisky like performance this morning, and the Bills D could only hold on so long. The short field fumble recovery for the Goedart TD, then the big run by Sanders and the determined the game. Then that last big drive, with Wentz stealing 2 1st downs with his legs killed them off.

That wind was awful! Watching the posts sway 1m each way was crazy. I think there were 3-4 good throws in that entire game, Wentz had 3 of them, 2 to Jefferey and the TD, with Allen to Beasely the other.

Because of that, you had to run the Agalor sweep too many times. The 1st one was great, then he got stuffed at least twice. That guy has really gone from stud to dud in 2 and a bit seasons. Needs some later career hands like Heyward-Bey or Ginn Jr found.

Sounds like we are 'following' you through the draw, as we play Pat, Bills and Bears soon too.
Now that Ive looked that up, they are a month away, we play Giants, Vikings and Lions between now and then.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

yeah the weather conditions made it difficult to throw... the eagles were slow to adjust but once they did, they dominated. Going to be interesting to see what the eagles do with the trade deadline looming... they'll make 2-3 trades, looking to get something at WR, CB and maybe DE/LB
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Botman wrote:

After that pats game though, and assuming we beat the Bears and lose to the pats, we're 5-5 and then it's Seattle , @Miami, Giants, @Redskins, Dallas, @Giants...

11-5 would mean we're going into the play offs HOT. I think ultimately this ends 10-6... i think we'll drop the Seattle game, and then rally to rattle off the last 5 in a row.

@NYG (W), MIN (L), @DET (W), @NE (L), BUF (W), @CHI (W), LAR (L), @PHI (L), WAS (W)... 9-7 or like the eagles 11-5 if they sweep the Vikings and Rams games... potentially 12-4 if they clean them both up and sweep Philly.
Just keep the Seahawks to less than 20 in the first half and you'll win.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: October 28, 2019, 2:10 pm
Botman wrote:

Just keep the Seahawks to less than 20 in the first half and you'll win.
We havent lost to the Eagles is like 20 games or something crazy. Dak and Zek havent seen defeat from memory (was mentioned in the game last wk).

I think we can beat Cousins, we know his game. We also know Zimmer. It should be a good game though.
I think we beat the Rams too, not sure whats going on with them, but they are having issues.
So, I see it being more like 11/12 and 5/4, not 9-7.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: It wasnt that long ago. The Eagles THUMPED them in 2017 37-9... they lost the follow up game 6-0, which was in week 17 and the Eagles rested a ton of players and went on to win the SB.

Cowboys have won the last 3 meaningful outings.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 28, 2019, 2:33 pm :lol: It wasnt that long ago. The Eagles THUMPED them in 2017 37-9... they lost the follow up game 6-0, which was in week 17 and the Eagles rested a ton of players and went on to win the SB.

Cowboys have won the last 3 meaningful outings.
I knew 20 was too big, but it was still a weirdly high number for a div rival. They certainly mentioned it in the game, and Im sure they said Dak and/or Zeke havent lost to them
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news ... as-offense

Found this, its Zeke that hasnt seen defeat vs Eagles. So, im gonna guess and say he missed a game due to suspension somewhere, probably that 2017 game.

They certainly said you Eagles beaten us for sometime during the game. Maybe it was an 'at home' stat? Which is funny, coz our home record in this stadium stinks, esp vs Giants.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i knew Zeke hadnt lost to the eagles yet, he missed that 2017 beat down on suspension, he was back for the 6-0 win but the eagles ground that team into the **** dirt if they cared to so even that stat is like whatever... there was a weird thing with this rivarly where the away team won 6 on the trott or something, until it was broken last week.

The next game they play could very well decide the division and IMO, is going to be a play off game in terms of the loser is likely not making the play offs, so that'll be a really big game for both teams.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 28, 2019, 6:47 pm Yeah i knew Zeke hadnt lost to the eagles yet, he missed that 2017 beat down on suspension, he was back for the 6-0 win but the eagles ground that team into the **** dirt if they cared to so even that stat is like whatever... there was a weird thing with this rivarly where the away team won 6 on the trott or something, until it was broken last week.

The next game they play could very well decide the division and IMO, is going to be a play off game in terms of the loser is likely not making the play offs, so that'll be a really big game for both teams.
Agreed
the bone
John Ferguson

NFL Thread

Post by the bone »

Dave Gettleman and his love for hog mollies strikes again, trading a 3rd and 5th for Leonard Williams. Strange decision... Giants are running a 3-4, and already have Tomlinson and Lawrence. They need DEs, not another DT

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

the bone wrote: October 29, 2019, 7:37 am Dave Gettleman and his love for hog mollies strikes again, trading a 3rd and 5th for Leonard Williams. Strange decision... Giants are running a 3-4, and already have Tomlinson and Lawrence. They need DEs, not another DT

Williams can play outside cant he? Its just that he is better inside
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think Leonard Williams is ideally suited as a 3-4 DE. That's his best natural position imo.
He's a good edge setter who can push the pocket and get some pressure.

Most 3-4 DE's end up at DT in 4-3's... he's played both inside and out for the Jets but he's failed to live up to the hype. Going back to a 3-4 might help.

Eagles traded a 2021 4th for Genard Avery... who you'd be forgiven for not knowing who that is... He's a back up DE/LB for Cleveland, mostly inactive... i actually like the player and think he's going to be pretty good... but i dont know why the Eagles are giving up a 4th, even a 2021 4th for a 5th round pick who is inactive on game day... That's very unlike Howie, so i think they must be VERY high on this guy
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 29, 2019, 8:43 am I think Leonard Williams is ideally suited as a 3-4 DE. That's his best natural position imo.
He's a good edge setter who can push the pocket and get some pressure.

Most 3-4 DE's end up at DT in 4-3's... he's played both inside and out for the Jets but he's failed to live up to the hype. Going back to a 3-4 might help.

Eagles traded a 2021 4th for Genard Avery... who you'd be forgiven for not knowing who that is... He's a back up DE/LB for Cleveland, mostly inactive... i actually like the player and think he's going to be pretty good... but i dont know why the Eagles are giving up a 4th, even a 2021 4th for a 5th round pick who is inactive on game day... That's very unlike Howie, so i think they must be VERY high on this guy
I think your D needs help too.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

No so quietly, but, how good are the Bosa's? This wk...
Nick, 3 sacks and a pick.
Joey, 2 sacks and 4 tackles for loss.
If you listen to the Move the Sticks podcast, DJ has an awesome story about this one
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Nick Bosa is a legitimate DPOTY candidate, and probably the current favourite... Not RDOTY... DPOTY.
Incredible how polished he is as a rookie
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 29, 2019, 11:33 am Nick Bosa is a legitimate DPOTY candidate, and probably the current favourite... Not RDOTY... DPOTY.
Incredible how polished he is as a rookie
100% AGREE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

He's a friggin machine.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
the bone
John Ferguson

NFL Thread

Post by the bone »

The trade deadline ended up quite the anti-climax

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Cowboys were in contact with the Jets right up to the deadline about Adams. But we werent mortgaging the house for him. We offered a 1, but werent adding to it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@Botman,

Take your Philly hat off, and put you 'fantasy GM' hat on. What is Jamal Adams worth? What kind of trade would you have been comfortable with?

Rumours were the price was a 1st, and two 2nds.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ummm...
Why did pats release Gordon?
Coz Seattle grabbed him
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: November 2, 2019, 12:20 pm Ummm...
Coz Seattle grabbed him
They traded for Sanu
He's not having the impact they wanted and i believe his off the field issues have finally worn through
Surprised he got all the way to Seattle. And frankly surprised Howie Roseman didnt kick the tyres. The eagles could use someone like him
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: November 1, 2019, 11:06 am @Botman,

Take your Philly hat off, and put you 'fantasy GM' hat on. What is Jamal Adams worth? What kind of trade would you have been comfortable with?

I think Jamal Adams is one of the best safeties in the game, and maybe the best. I think he's absolutely tremendous. But i dont know what the value of a safety is in today's NFL? It's a passing league but it feels like it's Corners, edge rushers, interior linemen, and then safety as far as the importance goes

Id trade a first for Adams. No problems about giving up a first for a guy like that. I think the Jets are right to ask for the first and 2x 2's, and that's probably a LITTLE too rich for my blood, but it's right in the zone. I think if you're a team who feels they're an impact piece away on defence from having a legit shot at a title, then i'd be OK with it.

Id be more comfortably with the 1st and 3rd Dallas reportedly offered. I think that's the correct offer to make.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 2, 2019, 6:51 pm
Coz Seattle grabbed him
They traded for Sanu
He's not having the impact they wanted and i believe his off the field issues have finally worn through
Surprised he got all the way to Seattle. And frankly surprised Howie Roseman didnt kick the tyres. The eagles could use someone like him
I guess it's a willingness to take on the off field stuff
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
Matt wrote: November 1, 2019, 11:06 am @Botman,

I think Jamal Adams is one of the best safeties in the game, and maybe the best. I think he's absolutely tremendous. But i dont know what the value of a safety is in today's NFL? It's a passing league but it feels like it's Corners, edge rushers, interior linemen, and then safety as far as the importance goes

Id trade a first for Adams. No problems about giving up a first for a guy like that. I think the Jets are right to ask for the first and 2x 2's, and that's probably a LITTLE too rich for my blood, but it's right in the zone. I think if you're a team who feels they're an impact piece away on defence from having a legit shot at a title, then i'd be OK with it.

Id be more comfortably with the 1st and 3rd Dallas reportedly offered. I think that's the correct offer to make.
Yep, pretty much my feeling, and the take most are giving.

Jets saw the Ramsey trade, and are only willing to part with a stud if they get a truckload of compensation.

I would have been ok with this yrs 1 and next yrs 2, or a 1 and 3 this yr
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Matt wrote:
Botman wrote: November 2, 2019, 6:51 pm
Coz Seattle grabbed him
They traded for Sanu
I guess it's a willingness to take on the off field stuff
Sounds like a Pete Carroll project. His press conference essentially made it sound like he'd thought he won the lottery. Although on Pete's salary, he wouldn't need to.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Eagles get a late scare, but beat a bad Bears team.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Phins get a win... hahaha
How Jets is that?!?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Vikings vs Chiefs was a banger
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: November 4, 2019, 10:10 am Vikings vs Chiefs was a banger
Cracker game. Wish it got decided by a TD instead of FG. That 55 yarder to level of was impressive though.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.